Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

Aqua may find a way to save Terra & Ventus in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-

In the discussion about Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue in the most recent issue of Dengeki PlayStation, there may be a hint as to what will happen with Terra & Ventus in the next installments of the series. As Aqua is traveling in the Realm of Darkness, she may have found a way to save Terra & Ventus in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-. However, as for what will ultimately save the two of them, we will not know until Kingdom Hearts III.

You can read a translation of the quote made by Dengeki PlayStation below thanks to Kayla Copeland (nichiei.translations@gmail.com).

Help for Terra, Ventus, and Aqua?

The three protagonists of [KHBbS] were met with a cruel fate and disappeared from the worlds. Their situation doesn't change in [KH0.2BbS], but on Aqua's journey in the dark realm, there is a possibility that she will discover a way to save them. As for what will save them in the end, it's still a mystery, but that too should be made clear in [KHIII].

Additionally, Tetsuya Nomura, director of the Kingdom Hearts series, has clarified that "0.5" was meant to tell the story of all 3 characters: Terra, Ventus, and Aqua. However, this was brought down to 0.2 to just focus on the story of Aqua and her journey in the Realm of Darkness.

You can read a translation of what Tetsuya Nomura stated below thanks to Kayla Copeland (nichiei.translations@gmail.com).

KEY POINT

What about the missing 0.3?

The number [0.5] appeared in the secret episode of [KHBbSFM], but according to Director Tetsuya Nomura, “We thought to tell the story of 0.5 with all three characters, but instead we decided on 0.2 with a focus on Aqua.” Will the dropped [0.3] scenes be discussed in [KHIII]? If we play [KH0.2BbS], will the content for [0.3] become clear!?

What do you think will save Terra & Ventus? Would you have preferred 0.5 with all 3 characters or just 0.2? Let us know in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

so if 0.5 was with all 3 characters, it meant that they were saved before kingdom hearts 1 started right? it wouldn't make sense that they were still in a coma/possessed by xehanort and then they were playable in 0.5 for some reason.

*ignore what I said, I must've been thinking of something else...*

Edited by Ultima Spark

so if 0.5 was with all 3 characters, it meant that they were saved before kingdom hearts 1 started right? it wouldn't make sense that they were still in a coma/possessed by xehanort and then they were playable in 0.5 for some reason.

maybe the Terra story line would have been that of Terranort and his years in Radiant Gardenwhat really bugs me is what the actual f*** would the story of Ven have in it :/

maybe the Terra story line would have been that of Terranort and his years in Radiant Gardenwhat really bugs me is what the actual f*** would the story of Ven have in it :/

Maybe Sora with a huge emphasis on the fact Ven is inside there.

Ven in the Realm of Sleep?I don't know but in the trailer for Volume 2 we clearly see Ven's (and Sora's) body dissapearing. What could it mean? He was awake? Someone stole his body? ...

It might have been interesting to see how the other stories would have worked, like maybe Terra's story would detail the year or so that he and Xehanort spent as Apprentice Xehanort, as for Ven...it could be anything, I'm not sure. Maybe Ven's perspective of what it's like living in Sora's heart, or maybe any dreams he has, or maybe he'd be in the Realm of Sleep or...something, anything could probably go at this point. Well hopefully they can cover a bit of this with some well placed cutscenes in 0.2, or at least enough to give us a taste. I'd also like to see them establish on all of those quick scenes that we saw at the end of the Secret Episode. Mickey in the RoD (obviously), Kairi and the gang in Twilight Town, Riku watching over Roxas and Xion (maybe more on his year away from Mickey from his perspective?), more detail into what DiZ was putting into Sora that we learned of in Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance, and why the heck Sora and Ven disappeared for a second and what that's supposed to symbolize (I interpreted it metaphorically, everyone else seems to be taking it literally). And of course, more Xehanorty shenanigans with Nort, Sem, and Nessy. X)" Either way I want to see everything that Vol. 2 was teased to be along with all the new stuff related to 3 and X we're supposed to be getting.

Aqua might find a way to save Terra and Ventus!?  Fan-flipping-tastic!  This opens up all sorts of thoughts as to what it is that Aqua actually finds in the Realm Of Darkness that helps her to save Terra and Ven!

And you know, I would've liked it if we'd have had 0.5!  Seeing the aftermath of Birth By Sleep with all three characters would have most certainly been interesting!  But hey, hopefully 0.2 will give us what was going to be in the form of cutscenes!  It could happen!

Good lord, Nomura seriously wasn't kidding when he said more Kingdom Hearts news would come out this year!  I mean, good God, we've been bombarded with news, and I couldn't be happier! :D

Kingdom Hearts (0.5 - 0.2) Birth by Sleep -[insert some random subtitle here]- , in which you can play as Terra seeing Xehanort mucking around in his body and Ventus while he's still in a coma. Only playable with the Oculus Rift.

Just keep it up, Square.

Ven in the Realm of Sleep? I don't know but in the trailer for Volume 2 we clearly see Ven's (and Sora's) body dissapearing. What could it mean? He was awake? Someone stole his body? ...

was there ever a trailer for BBSV2? I haven't seen this part you're saying

Also what is interesting is the fact Aqua looks likey to not escape the RoD as some people thought prior to the interview. However all of this only creates more questions than answers atm, I mean Ven's situation can be solved if the damaged fragment of his heart in Sora is returned. Though I am confused how Aqua will think of a way to save Terra? All of a sudden these ' unknown memories' are a lot more mysterious. On a side note- 0.5 would have been fun, especially if we played as Apprentice Xehanort ( Terranort) in the build up to Radiant Garden falling to darkness

was there ever a trailer for BBSV2? I haven't seen this part you're saying

It was the ending scene of the Secret Episode. There was a whole bunch of quick flashes of scenes, two of them being Sora and Ventus disappearing.

Also it's interesting how despite possibly finding a way to save them Aqua still thought that they might have been fine when Ansem mentions a boy with a Keyblade. Then again, maybe it was just her being hopeful that they made it out on their own.

I'm glad that Aqua is the only one playable. It means that their priorities are on Kingdom Hearts 3, besides, it's a reinforcer to establish that she's the leader of the Trio.