Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Solstice

Poll: Do you want multiple playable characters in 3

Do you want multiple playable characters in KH3?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want multiple playable characters in KH3

• Yes, it would be awesome!
    • No, it wouldn't make sense
    • It doesn't make that big of a difference, I'll still play it anyways
    • Another option? Then tell me below!

In days and BBS, we had the option of playing as multiple different characters. (Days had multiple playable characters in Multiplayer only.) So, would you want to play as more then one character?

I'd actually like the focus to be more on playing as Sora for the majority of the game, but I wouldn't mind having small segments where we play as the other characters, kind of like how we played as Roxas for a short time at the beginning of KH II. 

I'd actually like the focus to be more on playing as Sora for the majority of the game, but I wouldn't mind having small segments where we play as the other characters, kind of like how we played as Roxas for a short time at the beginning of KH II. 

Noooooo

Lea for main protagonist in KH3

Noooooo Lea for main protagonist in KH3

Speaking of Lea, I wonder if he can make a title fix.The title looks a bit misleading.......

Like I have said before, I am fine with multiple playable characters, but it cannot be in the fashion of BBS or DDD.  It has to be done in the fashion of KH2 if it is going to feel like a main numbered game.  The story is too broken when you play as multiple characters throughout the main arc.  That being said, I am completely fine with a multiplayer that offers a large roster to choose from.

It depends. I wouldn't want three different stories like in BBS. Id rather just have most if not the entire game focus on Sora. I wouldn't mind a short segment as another character. Perhaps something like when you play as Roxas back in KH2. Or something short like when you briefly play as Riku in the Xemnas fight. Because Riku is going to have an important story of his own, I don't think it's too far fetched to think Sora and Riku will get their own stories.

When it comes to multiplayer however, the more the better.

I don't mind having multiple playable characters (it would actually be quite cool), but I ceirtanly want the story to focus on Sora. Also, I wouldn't mind if Nomura decides to divide the plot at some point in which you have to choose the character you want to play as (or the game makes you change who you are immediatly) (similar as how it was in FFVI and other games in some points), but in the end, it must return to Sora as the main guy.

In my opinion I really like the multiple playable characters in Dream Drop Distance better than Birth by Sleep. I hated that I finish one story and I have the start the same story all over again except with a different character's point of view, and do the same thing with a third character. In Dream Drop Distance I get to play two main characters in the same story instead of finishing one character's story arc and start another, I really like that can switch between Sora and Riku anytime I want instead of exiting one character story and go the game titles and to play another characters story. I don't mind if the multiple playable characters is like from Kingdom Hearts 2, but I hope it ain't slow as hell,

Honestly, with everything that's happened in the series, I think we deserve to play as the Seven Guardians, especially when it comes to the battles they must wage against their rivals/former friends!  Gahhh, the thought of fighting Isa as Lea...God, it makes me so hyped!

Obviously, I want Sora to be the main character we use, but it wouldn't hurt to alternate with the other Guardians from time to time, ya know? :P

Yes please!!! Come on! This story isn't just about Sora! Taking the final part of the saga by just playing from his perspective would ruin some moments from the game. I'd rather play as Riku and have Mickey as a party member than just watching his adventure JUST in cutscenes. If We end up only playing as Sora, especially in the final battle, then that would mean that either:

A) The others fight in cutscenes, which would ruin the experience cause we would rather play in these battles instead of just watching the cutscenes (Sora vs. Roxas in KH2FM being the perfect example,

or

B) Sora beats the crap out of every one, which completely defeats the purpose of having seven lights to begin with.

Again, this story isn't just about Sora. Others deserve the spotlight just as much and some maybe even more. This story is also about Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas, Lea, Xion, Namine, Riku and Kairi. I'm not asking to play as all the characters I mentioned to be playable (though in my opinion, it would be pretty cool.), but we should at least be able to play from the perspective of other characters. Let me bring an example:

Let's say Riku and Mickey (and maybe Lea, I dunno but stay with me) are in the Realm of Darkness looking for Aqua. During their mission to find her, they come across a LOT of Heartless that they have to fight. Wouldn't you rather be able to fight those Heartless and feel a sense of success after defeating them instead of just watching the battle in a cutscene?

Let's bring another example. Let's say it's the final world in KH2. Instead of actually playing yourself, climbing to the top of the Castle That Never Was, you watch Sora go through it in cutscenes... -_-. Think about it for a minute or two.

Sora is the main protagonist of this series and he will be after this saga is over, so he'll obviously get the spotlight. But again, this isn't JUST about him. We've learned through the other games that there are more protagonists that are a major part of the entire story. They deserve just as much to be playable.

And for anyone worried that it would end up like BBS: Who says it will end up like BBS?! They can easily just make the ability to play as different characters just like DDD, but without the drop meter. Push a button and *bam*, you've changed characters. You have a party of Sora, Riku and Kairi and you're playing as Sora? Press R2 or L2. *Bam* You've just switched as you you're playing as. It's that simple guys.

And for anyone who says we should play as only Sora because we played as him in KH1 and 2: Really dude? Really? -_- You want him to be playable just to keep a trend? No, just... no.

Yes please!!! Come on! This story isn't just about Sora! Taking the final part of the saga by just playing from his perspective would ruin some moments from the game. I'd rather play as Riku and have Mickey as a party member than just watching his adventure JUST in cutscenes. If We end up only playing as Sora, especially in the final battle, then that would mean that either:

A) The others fight in cutscenes, which would ruin the experience cause we would rather play in these battles instead of just watching the cutscenes (Sora vs. Roxas in KH2FM being the perfect example,

or

B) Sora beats the crap out of every one, which completely defeats the purpose of having seven lights to begin with.

Again, this story isn't just about Sora. Others deserve the spotlight just as much and some maybe even more. This story is also about Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas, Lea, Xion, Namine, Riku and Kairi. I'm not asking to play as all the characters I mentioned to be playable (though in my opinion, it would be pretty cool.), but we should at least be able to play from the perspective of other characters. Let me bring an example:

Let's say Riku and Mickey (and maybe Lea, I dunno but stay with me) are in the Realm of Darkness looking for Aqua. During their mission to find her, they come across a LOT of Heartless that they have to fight. Wouldn't you rather be able to fight those Heartless and feel a sense of success after defeating them instead of just watching the battle in a cutscene?

Let's bring another example. Let's say it's the final world in KH2. Instead of actually playing yourself, climbing to the top of the Castle That Never Was, you watch Sora go through it in cutscenes... -_-. Think about it for a minute or two.

Sora is the main protagonist of this series and he will be after this saga is over, so he'll obviously get the spotlight. But again, this isn't JUST about him. We've learned through the other games that there are more protagonists that are a major part of the entire story. They deserve just as much to be playable.

And for anyone worried that it would end up like BBS: Who says it will end up like BBS?! They can easily just make the ability to play as different characters just like DDD, but without the drop meter. Push a button and *bam*, you've changed characters. You have a party of Sora, Riku and Kairi and you're playing as Sora? Press R2 or L2. *Bam* You've just switched as you you're playing as. It's that simple guys.

And for anyone who says we should play as only Sora because we played as him in KH1 and 2: Really dude? Really? -_- You want him to be playable just to keep a trend? No, just... no.

I have a hunch that last one was directed at me.

I have a hunch that last one was directed at me.

Don't worry it wasn't. I noticed your comment after I finished mine. That last one was just something I heard quite often. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. :(

Edited by Master Eraqus

I'd like to be able to play as characters other than Sora for a very short time, but Sora has to be the main focus.

Sora should be the main focus, but remember: we have played as him a LOT