Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

So How Is The PS4's Price "Too Expensive"?

Seriously even after the recent price cut that the PS4 has gotten people are stilll whining that it's too "expensive". And I know that the people who say that are people who just can't get a job and save up for one, themselves. I mean at least it's at a better price range than the PS3 was back when it launched. Remember back when it was $600.00? Yeah now THAT is expensive. But look at the PS4, it's clearly not as expensive as the PS3 was back then. And now with this new price drop it's at a pretty fair price. $350.00 is not all that bad (though I will admit, Canada does get the short end of the stick with the PS4 only getting a price cut f $20.00. I'll agree that the price cut should've been larger than that). I just see all these comments saying that it's too expensive even after the recent price drop, yet Nintendo's Wii U has that same price and nobody is complaining or whining about it.Ad people are saying that's an alright price for the system. So why are people complaining about the PS4's price? $350.00 is not all that bad compared to to what the PS3 had back in its launch. In fact, that's a more reasonable price if you ask me.

I haven't seen anyone say that it's too expensive. The issue is really just that some people (myself included) can't afford one any time soon due to various factors. I'm happy about the price cut and I think it's a fair price, but it'll be a while before I can pick one up for myself.

Wow really? I've seen it all the time on YouTube comments and on this site a few times lol. But yeah, I wish people stoppden complaining about its price, especially now with the recent price cut in NA.

I dunno, it seems generous enough to me. I've been saving my money up for a console around the 350 price range, so that works out well for me. Though, I guarantee you that by Christmas they'll have docked it another 20 or 30 for the holidays. 

You want an expensive PS4? Come to Australia. Depending on the bundle, the prices range from $549-$599. Heck, even the games are expensive. As much as $99.95 a copy, depending on the game. So it doesn't look like that the "price cut" applies to Australia.

Edited by Youthful Z

it could be considered expensive depending on a person's financial situation.

for me $350 isn't too bad but for someone else who might not have a steady income it may still be too much.

couldn't something be considered expensive if you can't pay for it?

Because not everyone has money lying around to pay for a gaming console. That and you have to buy the games. :(

And since you mentioned the Canadian price cut, our dollar is at 75 cents. Ugh.

I understand people can't afford a PS4, but that doesn't mean it's way too expensive or unfair. It's a gaming console after all. It's a very powerful system of the next generation, so obviously it's going to cost some good money. 350$ is a perfect price for a PS4. In fact, that's pretty cheap considering its again, a powerful system of the next generation. I don't know why people want it to be cheaper. They can't drop the price to like 200 or something. That's ridiculous.

$350 is still a big amount of money for some people but $350 is very, very cheap for a console only two years into its life span and is built to last a decade.

Exactly. Nearly two years into the PS3's lifecycle, the thing's price was still 400 bucks. People need to keep a little perspective.

Wow really? I've seen it all the time on YouTube comments and on this site a few times lol. But yeah, I wish people stoppden complaining about its price, especially now with the recent price cut in NA.

That's because it's youtube. You'll find a million negative comments on anything, even if they aren't related or relevant to the video. I doubt you're going to find much positive words there, lol.

Anywho, yes this is a pretty fair and reasonable price drop. It's got so much more technology going on than the PS3 had back in the day, and it's running even cheaper than that! This could easily be something that I could have by Christmas if I save up $5 a week, even without a job! Granted, I still get an allowance, so I can't speak for anyone with less fortunate circumstances (I can feel bad tho  :( ), but you work with what you got. And this is honestly the best I can do since I have to focus on school and studies, so I don't have much reasonable time left to dedicate to a job.

But wait, isn't there supposed to be a 1 terabyte model? Wouldn't that be going for the $400 price then?

Well either way, $350 divided by $5 a week would be about 70 weeks worth of saving...80 if I'm going for any other model that might be $400. Hmm, maybe I can work a deal out with my dad to pay for half of it, so $125 by $5 would be...25 weeks. That might be more doable before Xmas....well, there might be some weeks where I have to put more away, but still, whatever works. Maybe I'll just increase the number every month or so.

Alternatively, those comments about it being expensive could be from Australians and some other countries that have bad currency exchange rates. As mentioned before, it is expensive as heck here, and every new game starts at $100 (but you can price match to get it cheaper).$500-550 is a lot for any currency. Heck, even the Wii U costs over $400 here xD Craziness. If it was $350 here, it would've been early Christmas ahah

If only games here in the UK were slightly cheaper though.

I hear you man, loud and clear. It seems totally unfair to me that in many cases Europe's games are often priced higher (ridiculously high considering that the exchange rate between dollars and pounds is in favour of the pound) and the one reason that all the companies give to justify this? SHIPPING COSTS Kotaku UK did an excellent piece about this problem, and while shipping costs do add a certain extra to the price tag, it's not nearly enough to justify the needlessly expensive games. Especially if you consider that the same game priced with the same figure on both sides of the Atlantic, would cost almost double in the UK. Hence justifying the shipping costs and making more profit than the American counterpart.Or at least this is what I understand, if anyone wishes to better educate me be my guest.

Seriously even after the recent price cut that the PS4 has gotten people are stilll whining that it's too "expensive". And I know that the people who say that are people who just can't get a job and save up for one, themselves. I mean at least it's at a better price range than the PS3 was back when it launched. Remember back when it was $600.00? Yeah now THAT is expensive. But look at the PS4, it's clearly not as expensive as the PS3 was back then. And now with this new price drop it's at a pretty fair price. $350.00 is not all that bad (though I will admit, Canada does get the short end of the stick with the PS4 only getting a price cut f $20.00. I'll agree that the price cut should've been larger than that). I just see all these comments saying that it's too expensive even after the recent price drop, yet Nintendo's Wii U has that same price and nobody is complaining or whining about it.Ad people are saying that's an alright price for the system. So why are people complaining about the PS4's price? $350.00 is not all that bad compared to to what the PS3 had back in its launch. In fact, that's a more reasonable price if you ask me.

The same price?

The Wii U is 299$ not 350$ dude and even then people complained about the Wii U's price despite being less than the other two

And what's with the sudden jab at the Wii U when it has absolutely nothing to do with this

And not everyone is a rich dude that can afford every console in market

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

I haven't seen anyone say that it's too expensive. The issue is really just that some people (myself included) can't afford one any time soon due to various factors. I'm happy about the price cut and I think it's a fair price, but it'll be a while before I can pick one up for myself.

Indeed, a really low number of people say it's too expensive. Most people say that they're not buying it until the price goes down (because it is expensive for some of us). I don't say that's too expensive nor do I say that I'll wait untill the price lowers, what I say is that I'll buy it when KH3 releases, hoping that the price will be lower then.

EDIT: In Europe it's arround 400 euros, and I get about 200-250 euros a year, so it's not something I can afford easily, without even buying the games.

Edited by Xamtehwt Trece

Uh, people totally are complaining about the Wii U's price, but anyway. Yeah, gamers are an entitled lot. These are the people who wouldn't get it anyway, and just like complaining.

Not everybody has the money to get the ps4. People seriously need to realize that. That's why I want the price for the ps4 to at least drop to 300 dollars because I can possibility afford that. 

Edited by Luke Fon Fabre