Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's Star Wars Battlefront Beta Impressions

The game looks and plays amazing. I literally have no issues with anything except the content. Now the beta prevented access to the majority of content but from the looks of things the single-player content is really bad.

But if you're looking to play online then you're luck there's a fair bit of content, potentially a lot. But if you don't play online this game is not worth it.

So all in all, the game is amazing but there is not enough single-player content.

I was really sceptical before i tried the beta but now it blow my mind. As a big fan of the original 2 i'm happy with this reboot/sequal and if the Battle Mode is what i think it then i'm going explode out of joy because then we'll get a good singel player mode

The game play was tons of fun, even though I was dying left, right and center. I was concerned that the Imps always seemed to win in Walker Assault, but I began seeing Rebels hit their stride and win a few.

I do hope DICE upgrades the party system. I was playing with some friends, but we kept getting split up, not seeing each other, or plain just not invited when we should.

All in all, i had a blast.

My impressions from the beta were quite simple: if I wanted to play a Battlefield game then I'd buy a Battlefield game.

Battlefront looks great and plays good too. The single player content is severely lacking and the survival mode in the beta was so boring. Gotta be honest, while I wasn't going to pick up the game, I'm definitely still not impressed that the beta didn't try and coax me into buying. It isn't Star Wars Battlefront, it is Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. Maybe if enough reviews and people complain about the lack of campaign and space battles then EA and DICE will consider them for the next Battlefront. Until that happens, I won't be spending upwards to €75 for a game that needs a €50 PS+ subscription to enjoy. It's just too expensive.

Edited by KHSoraKeyBlade

My impressions from the beta were quite simple: if I wanted to play a Battlefield game then I'd buy a Battlefield game.

Battlefront looks great and plays good too. The single player content is severely lacking and the survival mode in the beta was so boring. Gotta be honest, while I wasn't going to pick up the game, I'm definitely still not impressed that the beta didn't try and coax me into buying. It isn't Star Wars Battlefront, it is Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. Maybe if enough reviews and people complain about the lack of campaign and space battles then EA and DICE will consider them for the next Battlefront. Until that happens, I won't be spending upwards to €75 for a game that needs a €50 PS+ subscription to enjoy. It's just too expensive.

You need PlayStation Plus too? Dam.

And yeah, I won't be buying it either. I hope they take the next two years and come back with a campaign and Episode VIII and maybe Rouge One content.

You need PlayStation Plus too? Dam.

And yeah, I won't be buying it either. I hope they take the next two years and come back with a campaign and Episode VIII and maybe Rouge One content.

You'll need a subscription to play the online multiplayer as Battlefront isn't a free-to-play game and most, if not all, EA games on PS4 require it for online. It sucks but oh well.

They really need a campaign, I understand that a lot of people don't care for campaigns in FPSs, but looking back at Battlefront II I loved playing from as the Clones to the Stormtroopers. It was great fun. Even matches against the bots were cool. I'm glad splitscreen is still an option in this game and they have a variety of modes for people to play, but it just seems they didn't bother to please the fans. No doubt the game will do well and like I said before the game plays well too so at least there is that.

Space battles need to return too.

You'll need a subscription to play the online multiplayer as Battlefront isn't a free-to-play game and most, if not all, EA games on PS4 require it for online. It sucks but oh well.

They really need a campaign, I understand that a lot of people don't care for campaigns in FPSs, but looking back at Battlefront II I loved playing from as the Clones to the Stormtroopers. It was great fun. Even matches against the bots were cool. I'm glad splitscreen is still an option in this game and they have a variety of modes for people to play, but it just seems they didn't bother to please the fans. No doubt the game will do well and like I said before the game plays well too so at least there is that.

Space battles need to return too.

Yeah, I've been saying for awhile I'd rather a HD remaster of Battlefront II than this. Battlefront II was amazing.