Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

TPHD Discussion Thread

13 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think TPHD will release if Nintendo announces the game?

• before the end of this year
    • early next year

Do you think that control scheme for Twilight Princess HD will be very similar to that of the wind waker HD's control scheme and what version of twilight princess do you think they are using for the HD remake. 

I think it would be the gamecube version since Link is supposed to be left handed and the controls match the gamepad better, but I'm not sure if the control scheme would be similar to Wind Waker HD's. I hope it's a thing because Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game and third favorite game of all time (topped only by Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2).

I think it would be the gamecube version since Link is supposed to be left handed and the controls match the gamepad better, but I'm not sure if the control scheme would be similar to Wind Waker HD's. I hope it's a thing because Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game and third favorite game of all time (topped only by Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2).

I agree Twilight Princess is my second favorite zelda game

From what I heard, no one knows if it's an HD remake, or just a direct port of the Wii version. I'd personally bet on Wii port since I read that some other Wii ports were found in the Wii U's data as well. Of course, I don't know much about it since I really don't like Twilight Princess and didn't read the details on the data that was found. If it's an HD version, they'd probably go with Gamepad controls.

Honestly, I do not want Twilight Princess HD to happen. We already got Majora Mask, Ocarina of time, and Wind Waker remaked. Can we wait at least 5 years?

oooh! That's the demonstration they showed quite a while ago to show what the console is capable of in terms of graphics right? 

Though I have to agree, give it more years. I mean it came out 9 years ago, so I hope they wait a few more years and don't do it now....

oooh! That's the demonstration they showed quite a while ago to show what the console is capable of in terms of graphics right? 

Though I have to agree, give it more years. I mean it came out 9 years ago, so I hope they wait a few more years and don't do it now....

In my opinion if Zelda u is going to take at least two more years to be developed, I would like to at least have something zelda related rather than nothing and wait about two or so more years for a game that I've been waiting since skyward sword came out. 

If those TP HD rumors are true then it will probably have the Gamecube controls with new gamepad features like WW HD

,but they might have an option for Wii remote controls as well

Edited by Isaix

I'd be amazing if TP HD could look like this,but I doubt it would.

Honestly, I do not want Twilight Princess HD to happen. We already got Majora Mask, Ocarina of time, and Wind Waker remaked. Can we wait at least 5 years?

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were on 3DS,with Twilight Princess HD on Wii U,that'd be 2 remakes for 3ds owners and 2 for Wii U owners,I'd make sense and TP came out 10 years ago,so its been long enough for a remake.

So that's the tech demo, it's been years and I still hadn't seen it until today. Man that's pretty cool. And I'm with you, I'd much rather get a Twilight Princess HD with this kind of look to it while waiting for Zelda U than getting nothing for 2 years. And it's been years since TP first released, so I don't think people will think it's too soon. I mean, we have been getting KH HD re-releases one year after another and I don't mind a single bit, so something that easily appeals to my small attention span is greatly appreciated.

I'd hope for a right-handed style like the Wii, because I'm right handed and I really appreciate when my favorite heroes share that trait with me. I also hope this is a thing.

Twilight Princess would look so cool like this. Who knows, they could have been working on it since the actual tech demo (probably not). But yeah, this looks very nice.If they do remake it, I hope they can reduce some of the annoying parts, like collecting tears. And maybe streamline the introduction phase xD It took too long.

Why wait? It's not like Zelda U is ever happening. I guarantee that the next thing we hear about it is that it's been moved to the NX, making it Zelda NX rather than Zelda U and making us wait for years for it to come out. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Why wait? It's not like Zelda U is ever happening. I guarantee that the next thing we hear about it is that it's been moved to the NX, making it Zelda NX rather than Zelda U and making us wait for years for it to come out.

I doubt they'd make Zelda Wii U an NX exclusive,they might do something like they did for Twilight Princess actually where they release the game on current gen and next gen

The HD part is a rumor. Don't go screaming or shouting if it's just a port (the likelier of the two choices). To be honest, I'm fine with the port. It'll be the Wii version since gamecube games aren't yet a thing. Twilight Princess is honestly not that great of a title. I've had my fair share of issues with it. HD is the last thing we need for it. I just want the new Zelda and they should only really focus on that.

From what I heard, no one knows if it's an HD remake, or just a direct port of the Wii version. I'd personally bet on Wii port since I read that some other Wii ports were found in the Wii U's data as well. Of course, I don't know much about it since I really don't like Twilight Princess and didn't read the details on the data that was found. If it's an HD version, they'd probably go with Gamepad controls.

Such as Skyward Sword.

The HD part is a rumor. Don't go screaming or shouting if it's just a port (the likelier of the two choices). To be honest, I'm fine with the port. It'll be the Wii version since gamecube games aren't yet a thing. Twilight Princess is honestly not that great of a title. I've had my fair share of issues with it. HD is the last thing we need for it. I just want the new Zelda and they should only really focus on that.

Yeah, which is more reason to believe that this is probably just a port of the Wii version.

Ever saw this?: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database#00050000:_Wii_U_game_titles

I would be very disappointed if Twilight Princess never got an HD remaster because it's my second favorite zelda game and a port for the game I guess would be okay for me. 

Edited by Luke Fon Fabre

Ever saw this?: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database#00050000:_Wii_U_game_titles  I would be very disappointed if Twilight Princess never got an HD remaster because it's my second favorite zelda game and a port for the game I guess would be okay for me.

The problem is, if they have it under HD and it's within a set of ports, it's probably just a slightly upscaled Wii port that Nintendo knows they can get away with because the fan base cherishes that title like it's a swan song. Literally anyone will by it just because it's Twilight Princess.

The problem is, if they have it under HD and it's within a set of ports, it's probably just a slightly upscaled Wii port that Nintendo knows they can get away with because the fan base cherishes that title like it's a swan song. Literally anyone will by it just because it's Twilight Princess.

the trail version for the wind waker hd is with the ports as well so it's still possible that nintendo has been working on a twilight princess hd ever since wind waker hd got released. They probably used a software to port either the gamecube version or the wii version to the wii u and then probably toke them like six months or so to HD the game. 

Why wait? It's not like Zelda U is ever happening. I guarantee that the next thing we hear about it is that it's been moved to the NX, making it Zelda NX rather than Zelda U and making us wait for years for it to come out.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be released next year on the Wii U. Given the footage that was shown last year, it should definitely be finished by next year. I don't get why people seem to think that the NX's release is right around the corner when its first reveal will be E3 2016, and we don't even know what it is.