Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I was always curious as to why the Foretellers donned Animal masks... were they the very first furries?

All joking aside, I genuinely believe that the respected animals are symbolism towards their nature outside of the respected Keyblades that they wield. Lets take a look at which animal belongs to which Foreteller shall we?

Unicornis = Unicorn
Ursus = Grizzly Bear
Leopardos = Leopard
Anguis = King Cobra
Vulpeus = Vixen (Female Fox)

From this, we could get a better idea as to which Foreteller is most likely to be the "traitor" out of the five?

Wouldn't it be funny if KHX Back Door, Back Story ends up having multiple movies told from each of the foretellers point of view and in the end we end up suspecting everyone.

I joined the Vulpeus Guild because there was no cat guild and I don't like leopards

Edited by catmaster0116

Xehanort's personal one, the ram as seen on keyblade.  With it's links to the devil and Satanism it fits.

But out of those ones, I would guess Anguis.   Or the unicorns, they could be rams in disguise.  

Wouldn't it be funny if KHX Back Door, Back Story ends up having multiple movies told from each of the foretellers point of view and in the end we end up suspecting everyone.

I joined the Vulpeus Guild because there was no cat guild and I don't like leopards

That's exactly how KHXBC will play out. Having the perspective of five different characters being told in cinematic Kingdom Shader HD. 

I'd love it if your theory turns out to be true! It'd be the funniest thing

I never trusted those damn unicorns.

Mythology depicts Unicorns to be creatures of purity. That alone makes me believe that he cannot be the traitor.

I wanna say Anguis because they have that snake thing going on. But that might be too obvious. :P

Peace!

In Mythology, the Cobra actually represents balance between good and evil. Anguis may be a Foreteller that may fit the bill but ends up not being the traitor.

Xehanort's personal one, the ram as seen on keyblade.  With it's links to the devil and Satanism it fits.

But out of those ones, I would guess Anguis.   Or the unicorns, they could be rams in disguise.  

Actually, interesting mythology fact here, Foxes have always been interpreted to be cunning and sneaky pranksters. I think everybody knows where I am going with this...  :wink:

I will repeat what Nomura has stated: "The traitor will stick out". The one who stands out is the one in the black coat. Also, I will repeat a theory I and TheNinjasJoint have both said "the sixth apprentice is the traitor and he is wearing the black coat".

this could be unintentionally funny at this rate, I mean it's meant to be obvious to us; but it's a common ploy to make characters unaware of their surroundings so they might be be deceived by the actual traitor, resulting in us cringing at their actions- on a serious note I can easily see the 6th apprentice manipulating one of the others.

I will repeat what Nomura has stated: "The traitor will stick out". The one who stands out is the one in the black coat. Also, I will repeat a theory I and TheNinjasJoint have both said "the sixth apprentice is the traitor and he is wearing the black coat".

Yeah, but Nomura was general when he said that. That can be interpreted in many ways, for instance, the Master Foreteller "sticks out" so he could fit the category. The one in the black coat is currently an enigmatic character right now. We don't even know if it's the Sixth Foreteller or not.

this could be unintentionally funny at this rate, I mean it's meant to be obvious to us; but it's a common ploy to make characters unaware of their surroundings so they might be be deceived by the actual traitor, resulting in us cringing at their actions- on a serious note I can easily see the 6th apprentice manipulating one of the others.

Lets stay in topic here, I'm talking about the Foretellers animal symbols and what they can be interpreted as. Yeah, your quote can be a possibility. I genuinely think that Vulpeus is the traitor of the group as she is the only one that openly has a relationship with Ephemera. The Master Foreteller could be an antagonist shrouded as a protagonist.

Sometimes a Leopard can change it's spots...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mythology depicts Unicorns to be creatures of purity. That alone makes me believe that he cannot be the traitor.

Unicorns are also known as beings that will reborn. As soon as they die a new one is born.

But their good qualities aside; unicorns are sometimes depicted as fearsome beings, looking at the heraldic animal...s

Or does this look peaceful to you?

Posted Image

Unicorns are also known as beings that will reborn. As soon as they die a new one is born.

But their good qualities aside; unicorns are sometimes depicted as fearsome beings, looking at the heraldic animal...s

Or does this look peaceful to you?

Posted Image

Well, if we go by the seven deadly sins theory I posted a while ago then Unicornis could indeed be an Anger driven character.

Honestly, aside this example, every other example of Unicorns in mythology have been nothing but positive.

Are the foretellers people or animals?

So far, it seems that they are people. Maybe, they can transform into the animals that they symbolise, or, their Keyblade could transform into an animal.

This is very interesting, and when you think about it, the snake is a symbol of treachery, and Anguis has the symbol of a Cobra, which is part of the snake family! But that would make it too obvious, so maybe Anguis isn't the traitor!  It's all such a big mystery...

Well, apparently, the KH Premium Theater leak apparently stated that two female and two male foretellers are conversing about the trailer. One of them's missing...

OH GOD, THAT ONE HAS TO BE THE TRAITOR!!!! X_X 

Exactly. So, now we know that the traitor Foreteller is not the "sixth Foreteller that doesn't have a tome of prophecy", it's either Leopardos, Ursus or Unicornis.

Snakes--especially cobras--tend to have a fairly positive portrayal in Asia thanks to Hindu and Buddhist influence (Ananta Shesha holds up the universe on his hoods and lets Vishnu chill on him, and Mucalinda, the king of the serpents, spread his hood to protect the Buddha from the rain while he meditated under the bodhi tree).

Foxes are usually troublemakers everywhere you go, though. lol

"The sixth apprentice will stick out." Madam Ava is the only apprentice with her name revealed and foxes are known to be tricksters in mythology.

But nah it'll probably be Grandaddy Xehanort the sixth apprentice who'll betray us all :V 

I'd dig evil Vulpeus though.

"The sixth apprentice will stick out." Madam Ava is the only apprentice with her name revealed and foxes are known to be tricksters in mythology.

But nah it'll probably be Grandaddy Xehanort the sixth apprentice who'll betray us all :V 

I'd dig evil Vulpeus though.

Apparently, somebody data-mined Kingdom Hearts X and found that Anguis was colored to look like she was wearing the robe of darkness. 

Apparently, somebody data-mined Kingdom Hearts X and found that Anguis was colored to look like she was wearing the robe of darkness. 

Oooo this is super interesting! Mind linking me where you found this out?I'd love to read through this B)

Coming back to this topic, I just thought of an alternate idea. What if the Foretellers are Dream Eaters for the Master of Master's and the animal emblem's is their Dream Eater emblems? If Riku can be a Dream Eater for Sora then it's not out of the question?