Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's FINAL FANTASY V Review

This is one of my favourite FF titles mainly because Exdeath is one of my all-time favourite FF villians, and I just love the Job system. True, the story isn't that great, and ceirtanly not as epic as IV, but I really enjoyed it. I think the characters were even better than in IV, although there wasn't that many either, and the death of a party member isn't that bad when you instantly obtain another character that's got the same stats and skills that the former one had. Having the airship soon was necesary, just like exploring the whole world map at the same time. However, I must say that the game isn't that interesting until Exdeath revives, which isn't too interesting either because he just hides in his castle until the world returns to it's original form and he hides in the Rift, but at least you've got a target, unlike the first part of the game where you just try and save the crystals only to fail.

And yeah, probably a remake would be amazing.

I would mark it an 8 or 9 out of 10, but that's just my personal opinion, every one is free to have one!

Wheee! My currently favourite classic FF game! I really love it. Especially after playing the first 4, well completing 1 and 3 and abandoning 2 and 4 for different reasons... But I really like 5. You get a job system, which I absolutely love, I spent hours grinding for abilities and I didn't get bored, well then again I really like level grinding and don't mind spending hours on that... It's also the first Final fantasy game chronologically speaking where you actually really need a walkthrough I think? Since you would miss a lot without one, well, and you can get the quick n dirty tips, too. I'm not finished yet (currently gathering the tablets for the legendary weapons, on my way to the second one) but I'm really enjoying myself.

Though I agree, the characters  are not really something to talk about, though to be honest, I felt the same way about the characters from the 4 previous games, but perhaps that's just me. I also like the puns they put in (I'm plying the gba version) , I like it when a game/show whatever else isn't taking itself too seriously. And it's not such a straight-line of a plot, especially compared to the very first game, so i really enjoy seeing the slow progression. The game is also slowly starting to get longer.

Yeah, that's my two cents to FF V (so far!). In the end what made me want to keep playing it was the job system...... and the puns. I'm just a sucker for job system and puns.

Then I'll go continue playing, so I can move onto 6 soon.

Oh, I love FF5! <3 Its my third favorite, right after FF6 and FF4 FF9 could've been third if I didn't get into fights every two steps!

Anyway, while the story is the most lighthearted, I still liked it immensely; I don't need all rpgs to be dark and dreary.  Although if you think about it, Exdeath is one of two villains in the series to destroy a world, so maybe its not as light as people think.

And I think I'm one of the few people that like the characters; heck Bartz is actually my favorite FF character! I also think that Galuf's death is way sadder than Aerith's death.  Then again, I just couldn't get into FF7 or care about its characters. :P

I have a love/hate relationship with the job system because its cool that there are so many different jobs and that you can mix them up, but I can never decide which jobs I want!  Its like that with Bravely Default too.

I can't think of anything else to say except that I really would like to see FF5 and FF6 get 3D remakes instead of those crappy ports on the android/ios.

Oh, I love FF5! <3 Its my third favorite, right after FF6 and FF4 FF9 could've been third if I didn't get into fights every two steps!

Anyway, while the story is the most lighthearted, I still liked it immensely; I don't need all rpgs to be dark and dreary.  Although if you think about it, Exdeath is one of two villains in the series to destroy a world, so maybe its not as light as people think.

And I think I'm one of the few people that like the characters; heck Bartz is actually my favorite FF character! I also think that Galuf's death is way sadder than Aerith's death.  Then again, I just couldn't get into FF7 or care about its characters. :P

I have a love/hate relationship with the job system because its cool that there are so many different jobs and that you can mix them up, but I can never decide which jobs I want!  Its like that with Bravely Default too.

I can't think of anything else to say except that I really would like to see FF5 and FF6 get 3D remakes instead of those crappy ports on the android/ios.

Someone hasn't played the XIII series.

*To Sora96

Because quoting doesn't work for me for some reason...

I've only seen a complete walkthrough of the first FFXIII, and I don't recall the villain (can't spell his name) destroying Cocoon or Pulse.  So if it happened in the other two games, then I don't know.

*To Sora96

Because quoting doesn't work for me for some reason...

I've only seen a complete walkthrough of the first FFXIII, and I don't recall the villain (can't spell his name) destroying Cocoon or Pulse.  So if it happened in the other two games, then I don't know.

Yeah, it happened in the sequels. The villain in the sequels is actually the most powerful in Final Fantasy history.

I'm near the very end of Final Fantasy V myself, and I have very mixed feelings on it, too.  I kind of see what you're saying here.  While the game is good and the gameplay is fun, there's so much more that could've been added to this game to make it great.  For starters I really don't care for the characters (except for Galuf and Faris), and the story is massively under-developed.  I think what made this game stand apart from the others, however, would be its job system.  I actually really didn't care for it at first, but now I love it.  It's probably my favorite aspect of the game.

Everyone has their own opinions, of course, and I wholeheartedly respect all of them.  It's a fun play and was definitely worth the time, but I was expecting something greater.  I think that's the main reason why I was disappointed: I saw it having so much potential in so many places, but they just didn't take the opportunities granted to make it awesome and just made it flat instead.

Got to love the Phantom Village, however. ; )

Everyone has their own opinions, of course, and I wholeheartedly respect all of them.  It's a fun play and was definitely worth the time, but I was expecting something greater.  I think that's the main reason why I was disappointed: I saw it having so much potential in so many places, but they just didn't take the opportunities granted to make it awesome and just made it flat instead. Got to love the Phantom Village, however. ; )

Yeah and it doesn't help that FFIV was such a great game and came out before,I'm sure FFV is not the first Final Fantasy game that most people played,in my case I beat FFVI and IV right before I played FFV so my expectations were really high,but the game didn't live up to those expectations unfortunatly.