Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Wreck-it-Ralph isn't Pixar. Its a Walt Disney Animated Studios Film in the same vein as Tangled, Frozen, Big Hero 6, and their soon to be released Zootopia, Moana, and Gigantic (based on Jack and the Beanstalk).

Also confirmed is Wreck-it-Ralph 2 and Frozen 2

Wreck-it-Ralph isn't Pixar. Its a Walt Disney Animated Studios Film in the same vein as Tangled, Frozen, Big Hero 6, and their soon to be released Zootopia, Moana, and Gigantic (based on Jack and the Beanstalk).

Also confirmed is Wreck-it-Ralph 2 and Frozen 2

I know WIR is not Pixar, Ive fixed it in the post so that people won't confuse

Edited by IwasBornAsVentus

Damn, I can't believe it's been 20 years indeed!  I remember growing up with the Toy Story films!  I had both the first and second ones on VHS, and now I currently have them on DVD!  Pixar has been an amazing studio that has brought us amazing stories!  Some of my most favorite Pixar films are the Toy Story trilogy, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Up and Inside Out!  Sure, I love all the other movies too, but the ones I mentioned are the ones I hold closest to my heart. :3

God, I remember that Toy Story 3 made me have such strong feels!  The whole entire movie was amazing, but the thing that made it even more amazing was that it was the end of a journey that had started in 1995.  It's funny, because I was born that year, so I literally grew up with Andy throughout the course of the Toy Story trilogy! Overall, I just love the melancholic tone the movie had throughout.  It was amazing. ;)

Inside Out...oh God, that movie made me cry!!!  The touching moments made me blubber like a baby, and when Bing Bong died, I lost it!  The film had a very beautiful message, and I just loved the idea of the thoughts in your head actually having feelings of their own!

And Up was also a relatively touching film.  The way the story was handled, and the way the emotional moments were brought up were truly majestic!  This is Pixar, after all, so we should expect no less from this amazing studio!

Pixar has made me go through a variety of emotions, and each time I see a Pixar film, I thoroughly enjoy it, and if it makes me cry, then all the better! :D

As for The Good Dinosaur, I'm so psyched for that film!  Haha, I've been a sucker for Dinosaurs since I was a kid, and I grew up watching the Land Before Time movies, so this movie draws me in with those thoughts in mind!  And knowing Pixar, we'll get an emotional ride out of The Good Dinosaur!  I've watched the trailer quite a few times already! :3

PIXAR IS LIFE! <3

Damn, I can't believe it's been 20 years indeed!  I remember growing up with the Toy Story films!  I had both the first and second ones on VHS, and now I currently have them on DVD!  Pixar has been an amazing studio that has brought us amazing stories!  Some of my most favorite Pixar films are the Toy Story trilogy, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Up and Inside Out!  Sure, I love all the other movies too, but the ones I mentioned are the ones I hold closest to my heart. :3

God, I remember that Toy Story 3 made me have such strong feels!  The whole entire movie was amazing, but the thing that made it even more amazing was that it was the end of a journey that had started in 1995.  It's funny, because I was born that year, so I literally grew up with Andy throughout the course of the Toy Story trilogy! Overall, I just love the melancholic tone the movie had throughout.  It was amazing. ;)

Inside Out...oh God, that movie made me cry!!!  The touching moments made me blubber like a baby, and when Bing Bong died, I lost it!  The film had a very beautiful message, and I just loved the idea of the thoughts in your head actually having feelings of their own!

And Up was also a relatively touching film.  The way the story was handled, and the way the emotional moments were brought up were truly majestic!  This is Pixar, after all, so we should expect no less from this amazing studio!

Pixar has made me go through a variety of emotions, and each time I see a Pixar film, I thoroughly enjoy it, and if it makes me cry, then all the better! :D

As for The Good Dinosaur, I'm so psyched for that film!  Haha, I've been a sucker for Dinosaurs since I was a kid, and I grew up watching the Land Before Time movies, so this movie draws me in with those thoughts in mind!  And knowing Pixar, we'll get an emotional ride out of The Good Dinosaur!  I've watched the trailer quite a few times already! :3

PIXAR IS LIFE! <3

That's awesome, thanks for sharing your connection to Pixar. I noticed that Pixar have been with us for every year (except 2005 & 2014) as we grew up they have always been there. Oh this going to be a very awesome year for Pixar Inside Out was awesome and oh The Good Dinosaur I can't wait.

That's awesome, thanks for sharing your connection to Pixar. I noticed that Pixar have been with us for every year (except 2005 & 2014) as we grew up they have always been there. Oh this going to be a very awesome year for Pixar Inside Out was awesome and oh The Good Dinosaur I can't wait.

Haha, yeah, Pixar has grown alongside us every step of the way, and it's been an incredible journey so far! :D  I'm sure The Good Dinosaur is gonna be another smash hit for the studio, and it will definitely touch all of our hearts in different ways! I'm so psyched for it!

It just goes to show you that a movie studio can indeed leave an impact on your life, ya know? :)

PIXAR IS LIFE! <3

My thoughts exactly... I would have been a year old when Pixar brought us Toy Story, and I remember getting the VHS of a Bug's Life (I think I still have it). Damn, I feel so old...

Edited by Songbird Rebel

You can say that again...

I wonder where Pixar will be in the next 20 years?  I bet that with the amount of success they've had, they'll go the way of Walt Disney's Animated Classics, and they'll endure the test of time and keep on bringing us more enchanting, moving, innovate and groundbreaking stories! Ah yes, by then, I'll have kids of my own, God willing, and I'll sure as hell introduce them to Pixar! :D

Pixar has been as influential to my childhood as it has been for everybody else, however, a part of me feels as though they're really manipulating the "feels" aspect of their movies. Like Pixar is the definitive "studio that will make you cry!". I love that about them, however, their greatest asset could turn to a liability.

According to a Pixar employee, "The Good Dinosaur is the most beautiful film that I have ever worked on" http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/11/the_good_dinosaur_is_the_most.html

19 YEARS OF A GREAT TIME GROWING UP WITH ANIMATION.

THIS IS A POST ABOUT PIXAR'S IMPACT ON AUDIENCE SINCE THEY FIRST RELEASED TOY STORY AND THE HYPE FOR THE GOOD DINOSAUR.

I hope you enjoy reading this post

Did that trailer made you tear up It surely made me :

It was 20 years ago Pixar released their first CGI Animated Feature Toy Story 1995. And during this time I have had a great childhood growing up with animated features both from Disney Animation, Pixar Animation and other Animation companies as well. I remember watching Toy Story many times as a kid and grew beautiful nostalgia memories /my core memories/ from Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo many from Pixar like Ratatouille, all from Pixar except for Brave. Every time I watch Monsters Inc I cryPosted Image it's such a nostalagic, original and touching story that I remember me as 5/6 year old child loving and wanted to re watch many times on vhs. Then one year later I was 7 and was obsessed with Finding Nemo and collected Happy Meal toysPosted Image and received Finding Nemo as my first DVD. as 8 I saw Brad Bird's The Incredibles another great Pixar film that I remember me and my cousins used to play we were Dash and Violet after we had seen the film pretending we had superpowers/huh the old days. When I was 10 me and my dad had an awesome father and son friday night watching Cars in theaters. I loved the first Cars just as much as Incredibles and shared a strong bond with my father who enjoyed the movie just as much we have, and will never care about the criticsPosted Image. When Ratatouille came out I was 11 and once again shared a connection with my father who really liked the film's message and I loved Remy and related to him a lot even though he was a rat  xD. Then Wall.e came when I was 12, Wall.e was a film that I watched a lot with my sister like we used to when we watched The early Toy Story films as very young children. Wall.e was definitely a cute film that I liked but was not my favourite. What I loved about the year 2009 when I became a teen was that Up came out. My parents and some friends of mine thought the character design made the movie look childish and oh boy were they wrong the film made both of my parents tear up at the opening while they first said they wouldn't even give it a try. And the rest of the film was a great adventure with my favourite Up character Dug. Being 14 was finally an age where I somehow started to be less insecure and more open to the stuff I liked and Toy Story 3 was indeed a great way to end the trilogy. The main impact on the story I understood but wasn't taken away by but I was only 14 back then and now that Im older I can more relate to Andy in Toy Story 3. And then yet again Cars 2 came out when I was 15 and I saw it again with my father and we actually enjoyed it which was all that was needed, we actually really liked how they traveled around the world. Although I would have wished they stayed with Mcqueen as the protagonist and more screen time for Sally. 16 was an age that I really enjoyed things were changing people started to treat you more like a grown up but Brave surely did not fall to my taste but luckily WDA's Wreck It Ralph came to the rescue that yearPosted Image. As 17 things were really changing but MU came out just at the right time in my life. The coincidence was that I happened to be the same age as Mike in MUPosted Image while I was in a new school that I had fought really hard to get into. I saw the film on the premiere and this movie reminded me so much about MI from my childhood and my current situation as a teen. I love The MI franchise with a passion and MU made me cry just like MI had. And since there was no Pixar film in 2014 I was busy with Big Hero 6 and HTTYD2, then later Inside Out came out at the right time. I didn't watch Inside Out while it was brand new I watched it 2 months later when I had felt sad and a little depressed, but watching Inside Out with it's bright animation, moving story and funny gags made me feel better after the film was overPosted Image

And now that I have simply wrapped up my childhood with Pixar we come to a film that have connected with me crazily since I saw a preview at this year D23. 

It's The Good DinosaurPosted Image. This film have really captured my soul and there are 3 reasons to why I have really connected with this film.

1. The film's main protagonist Arlo keeps reminding me about my favourite dinosaur growing up Littlefoot from TLBT both in personality and voice. This have caused me to see Arlo as a nostalgic Littlefoot through my eyes. Spot is also a reason I have connected to this film and that is because of his rare features. When you think of an animated character you can relate to through appearance there is no Disney or Pixar boy character that have turquoise blue colored eyes and straight light brown hair except for Andy from Toy Story 3. Light brown hair also mentioned as caramel is rare in animated boy characters, so therefor Spot is the second animated boy character to have this rare feature. I know it's small details but when you can see the resemblance of an animated character by appearance it's a thing you get excited for, but I look very similar to Andy from TS3.

2. The Realistic Visuals/Cartoonish Design

When I first got to see these beautiful realistic visuals on the big screen at D23 I was completely blown away by what I sawPosted Image Never had I ever seen something so freaking realistic in animation since Tintin 2011 and Epic 2013. The Cartoony animation screams for nostalgia with colorful dinosaurs you used to play with and they bring yet a good combination, but what's best is that the dinosaurs are designed to look different from your typical dinosaurs like seriously sometimes Arlo reminds me of Yoshi and the raptors a mix with Goofy, Sid and some kind of lizard I guess I mean just look at the raptorPosted Image . 

3. The Story

It's a story about facing your fears and finding your rightful place which a lot of people can relate to espically for the ones who were scared and not so confident as kids but later grew up to confident adults. The story is what really hit with me since I can also relate to how I used to not be so confident when I was at Arlo's age. 

This movie is soon coming out and I don't want to wait to see this movie 4 months later in my country so I'll either see it in London or somehow go on a weekend to New York instead of waiting for the movie to release on february. This movie have really connected with me and the more Pixar release from this film the more my hype is reaching. This is one of the rare Pixar movies from where I have collected merchandise due to my points I said in my 3 reasons Im obsessed with this film like I was with Finding Nemo. 

Well that's all I wanted to point out, Do you have a strong connection to Pixar's films growing up, Are you excited for The Good Dinosaur let me know your thoughts

Posted Image

Gosh, 20 whole years, and Pixar just seems to be getting better and better with each coming film! It never fails to disappoint us. My favorite Pixar flicks are:

1. Up: By far, the best movie I've come across till date, animated ot non-animated. The story of a grumpy 78 year old widower facing eviction from his beloved home and going on to have amazing adventures as well as forming a tight unexpected bond is beyond just wonderful.

2. Ratatouille: This one about a rat who dreams of becoming a gourmet chief is a masterpiece in itself, and is named after a traditional French dish. The fact that it won an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature speaks for itself.

3. Finding Nemo: Scuba drivers scoop up our Nemo out of his natural habitat, the ocean, and the movie talks about Nemo's father looking for him. This kids' flick from Pixar raked up around one billion dollars.

4. Wall-E: A movie set in the future, precisely 2085, this one gives a pretty dim view of the earth's future. Human beings have long since fled and robots have been left behind to clean up the huge mess. A must-watch.

Long live Pixar... May you continue entertaining us (as well as our great-great-great-grandkids) like this for eons to come!