Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Buttercup Camera

How to record PS3 gameplay?

Since I got my PS3 back in 2012 I always wanted to record myself playing games. Since I couldn't find way, I gave up.

But now I am interested in doing some kind of trailers and other videos with my Mass Effect Shepard, but my PC isn't for gaming and I don't think anyone wants to see a 5FPS video on Youtube.

Is there a way for me to record my PS3? I don't care about the sound really, just the image.

P.S: I can't buy stuff.

Edited by Marcomax

The only option is a HD capture card, but you can't buy that according to your post. 

This is why the PS4 is so brilliant and it's probably the best feature of the current consoles. 

No matter what you're going to have to buy something. There is no way ro record PS3 gameplay (although the PS4 has a way) without a sort of capture device. There's both cheap and expensive ones out there. But no matter what you're going to have to buy something.

No matter what you're going to have to buy something. There is no way ro record PS3 gameplay (although the PS4 has a way) without a sort of capture device. There's both cheap and expensive ones out there. But no matter what you're going to have to buy something.

Those are like 130 bucks!

Those are like 130 bucks!

I don't know what to tell you sorry :/ there's really cheap ones for like 20$ some places... But it's going to give you bad quality. No matter what you're going to need a capture card. It's like buying DS games and trying to find a way to play those games without buying a DS. You just can't do it. If you're really tight on money, I recommend EBay or looking in places like Walmart and Best Buy. They sell cheep ones but again, it might give you problems and quality issues.

Well, you need to have a capture card in order to record gameplay. I don't think there are any other options. Maybe you can get a cheap one second handed, but for free? I don't think so.

I don't know what to tell you sorry :/ there's really cheap ones for like 20$ some places... But it's going to give you bad quality. No matter what you're going to need a capture card. It's like buying DS games and trying to find a way to play those games without buying a DS. You just can't do it. If you're really tight on money, I recommend EBay or looking in places like Walmart and Best Buy. They sell cheep ones but again, it might give you problems and quality issues.

Don't trust ebay and we don't have Walmart here.