Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Nmovies11

(SPOILERS) What are your thoughts on Life Is Strange Ep5?

I thought the Ep was awesome! But the ending could have been a bit better in my opinion. But still a great episode.

I kinda feel like they added the option to Save Chloe just to make sure fans would not get mad.

What are your thoughts?

I have... mixed feelings.

One one hand, throughout the whole game we've been given choices that influenced the narrative, and that changed the way the game played out, and that was amazing. Episode 5 DID have important choices, but unlike the others, they did not influence much the rest of the episode like I'd hoped(per example, the way things ended with David made me feel like something would actually happen, and taking Chloe's necklace should make Joyce notice it at Two-Whales, at least, so she wouldn't buy Max's shit.

EVERY SINGLE MISTER JEFFERSON SCENE HAD ME ON EDGE. They made an amazing job making us hate this guy, because he was absolutely disgusting.

The nightmare sequence? Flawless. It's without a doubt my favorite part of the game just purely because of the atmosphere. Well, except for ONE thing... The guilt trip.

Now, I'm fully aware that the whole point of that sequence was to make the player feel conflicted between killing Chloe or killing everyone else. And that's totally fine, it brings way more conflict into the final choice. Here's where I think they firetrucked up on the ending:

Well, for starters, the fact that there's only two. The fact that none of your choices throughout the game change the ACTUAL ending of the game, except for the possible Chloe kiss that happens if you romance her in the "good end".

But mostly I'm upset that they literally used the "bury the gay" trope. You want a queer couple? Sure, they'll have a real romantic kiss, but then we'll immediately kill off one of them, because they're gay. In the other ending, they only hold hands, and what I don't get is: why? What reason do they have for your actions causing a kiss on the ending that she'll die on, and not the one you'll actually pick if you want them to be together?

Plus, the fact that they clearly put more effort into the sacrifice Chloe ending, giving off a "real/good ending" vibe, and a bad ending vibe for saving Chloe. It all makes me feel like it was queerbaiting. Make us want these characters together as much as possible, and then not give any possible satisfying ending, when it literally made more sense for them to do so. It's implied they'll be girlfriends after wiping out the whole town? Why the firetruck not show it.

Lastly... The choice was literally the first theory anyone came up with. They wrote this episode so well up to that part that I can't believe they couldn't come up with a better ending or plot twist. Have Rachel be involved somehow, I don't care... It felt like they were lazy there or just REALLY wanted to see their fan's morality in this "train dilemma".

The game was satisfying, but the endings, although mostly well-written, had too much of a flaw to go without disappointment.

Sacrificing Chloe was the absolute best ending, I love how it turned out. Imo killing hundreds of people for one person is stupid and disgustingly selfish. And also that nightmare was trippy and a pain to go through.