Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Enix

Why is everyone obsessed with Aqua?

Seriously, why? I understand the character development, but the waifu and disturbing fanart..........just no. Simply no. Anyway, You'll never get in Aqua pants. She isn't the hottest character in the franchise btw.

I guess it's because she is the only attractive adult female character. That's my guess. If you want answers, try looking up threads like reddit or 4chan. You may find an answer there.

I Like her character but  thats all... I Know she's a pretty girl (i am a girl so i know) but, I just don't understand why people.... well you know (I Mean they make disturbing attributes to basically every Kingdom hearts character and its gross x.x  >:(  :blink:)... 

INTERNET REASON: Boobies Dat butt BOOOOOBIIEESSS

REAL REASON: Possibly because she's the only female adult presented in a positive light. KH is very low on adult females: Kairi's Grandma, The Princesses, Aqua, and Larxene are it. The princesses are paired off already, Kairi's Grandma is possibly dead by now, and Larxene is...Larxene. Aqua is shown as a kind, caring person, and people respond to that. She's like a mother-figure, and people like seeing that in a video game, a family dynamic not usually shown. 

That, and Aqua is a bit over sexualized, and the game ITSELF has a boob joke ("You don't have the same ASSESTS if you gey my drift"). 

And the internet is the internet: they make dirty pictures out of Happy Tree Friends. 

It's not like this is even that weird of an obsession within this fanbase. If anything, the yaoi stuff is weirder, especially considering none of the usual yaoi suspects are even gay.

Yeah, this is kind of weird. She's a character some people like but I see more apathy and general hate towards her than fans.

Anyway, You'll never get in Aqua pants. She isn't the hottest character in the franchise btw.

Posted Image

She has boobs, and humans are weird, especially on the internet because they are "anonymous" so they get even weirder, it happens to everything, I would bet money that there is some sick stuff about Sackboy from Little Big Planet, and thats about as nice and non sexual as it gets, so whatever, people are weird

INTERNET REASON: Boobies Dat butt BOOOOOBIIEESSSREAL REASON: Possibly because she's the only female adult presented in a positive light. KH is very low on adult females: Kairi's Grandma, The Princesses, Aqua, and Larxene are it. The princesses are paired off already, Kairi's Grandma is possibly dead by now, and Larxene is...Larxene. Aqua is shown as a kind, caring person, and people respond to that. She's like a mother-figure, and people like seeing that in a video game, a family dynamic not usually shown. That, and Aqua is a bit over sexualized, and the game ITSELF has a boob joke ("You don't have the same ASSESTS if you gey my drift"). And the internet is the internet: they make dirty pictures out of Happy Tree Friends.

Personality and role in story tend to be reasons as well.

Because she's a female character from a Japanese media. The internet loves that shit.

^ agreed Honestly, that always happens with a female character when she has more boobies than the rest of the females in the respective series. I don't get the weird obsession, especially if they make her boobs really huge (stumbled upon that too once, ugh) and if they just focus on her boobies. I personally never understood how some go nuts when they see boobs. I mean, sure they are aesthetically pleasing but in the end they are sacks of fat for feeding babies. I too find them aesthetically pleasing, but I wouldn't go crazy about them. But I guess that's something I'm never ever gonna understand, which, I think, is probably for the best.  xD

Pretty much this

Yeah, this is kind of weird. She's a character some people like but I see more apathy and general hate towards her than fans.

Posted Image

ROFL at Joffrey! xD

INTERNET REASON: Boobies Dat butt BOOOOOBIIEESSS

REAL REASON: Possibly because she's the only female adult presented in a positive light. KH is very low on adult females: Kairi's Grandma, The Princesses, Aqua, and Larxene are it. The princesses are paired off already, Kairi's Grandma is possibly dead by now, and Larxene is...Larxene. Aqua is shown as a kind, caring person, and people respond to that. She's like a mother-figure, and people like seeing that in a video game, a family dynamic not usually shown. 

That, and Aqua is a bit over sexualized, and the game ITSELF has a boob joke ("You don't have the same ASSESTS if you gey my drift"). 

And the internet is the internet: they make dirty pictures out of Happy Tree Friends.

Pretty much what both Kaweebo and Jack have said. :P

I mean, I don't really see anything out of the ordinary in regards to Aqua. In the KH fanbase specifically it might seem weird, but I'd chalk that up to the fact that the series has an enormous yaoi shipping crowd, and that there are very few female characters.

In context of all fanbases, though, I don't think this situation is anything special. There's always large groups of people that get obsessed with attractive female characters, in pretty much every game I've seen. Take Cynthia from Pokemon, for example. As for the fan art... people just make messed up stuff. Plus, keep in mind the rules of the internet (*coughrulecoughthirtyfourcough*).

Sign in to follow this