Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Okay so this is my first post/theory on this subject let alone this site. I’ve written a couple articles about this on Tumblr but I’d rather put my information on a site that actually matters! Now this may include some spoilers to those who have not played through Birth By Sleep, and this shouldn’t concern anyone who hasn’t played Dream Drop Distance due to the fact of the spoiler in the title. I would also like to include that I am sorry if someone else has covered this (I’ve never blogged before so) but I have my own spin on this theory that I saw others had mentioned. I just figured why not go into an in-depth study on the subject that I’ve concluded over years of playing through the series multiple times.

Now, before we get started I will be implementing links to YouTube videos to jog some “unchained memories” (intentional pun) if players have forgotten some important scenes backing my theory. Ergo, more like citations in a research paper, I don’t own the videos, but will display them to back up my theory. I think that’s all I can warn you about, now let’s get down to business. (unintentional pun)

Let’s start with the origin of this theory. The first video suggested to watch would be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVaHk-3geQg, provided by KH13’s YouTube channel “Old KINGDOM HEARTS channel”. In this video we see the way-finder trio training, and after Ventus gets his butt kicked by Terra, our three keyblade wielders sit down and have a chat about dreams and fluid body motions. In this important flashback, we see Terra give the keyblade oath over what soon becomes Ventus’ training weapon and keepsake. (Insert Heavy Breathing Cat here)

That training, wooden, what some might think useless keyblade, is now enchanted so that whoever holds it, its wielder they shall one day be. Now assuming that this blessing only rubs off on the first person to use it, the blessing would rub off on Ventus. But our boy Ven can already wield a keyblade, therefor the blessing stays intact until someone who hasn’t come in contact with such a weapon can be bestowed with the power. And who would that lucky person be? Que video two https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvl_7OLug7Y taken from Youtuber “xxKHxx23 = New Channel!!” where we can see who inherits the keyblades’ blessing.

In the first thirty seconds you can see that Lea picks up the keyblade, swings it around a bit, and the pact is sealed. Way to go Lea!! You just accidentally become a keyblade wielder! That will help you in the years to come, just like a lot of other characters in this game. But wait! Doesn’t someone else encounter this keyblade? Neverland ring any bells? As you see in this video by “Joshua Orro” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlf8Y-PU1hY, (Check the 9:30 minute mark till end) the training keyblade is left in a chest with a bunch of other relics that are special to Ventus, Peter Pan and the lost boys. Does this mean we can expect them to be running around with keyblades? Simply put, no. Why? No one is shown grabbing the keyblade in that cut scene, and even if someone did years down the road, the blessing is gone.

From the way it looks, once the blessing of the keyblade oath is bestowed to someone, the enchantment is lifted from the keyblade and cannot return unless it becomes somehow re-enchanted. And since it looks like a keyblade can only obtain the blessing from a master, that doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon. Or maybe it’s a one time thing all together, maybe once it’s been used on a certain keyblade, it can never be used again for the same purpose, on the same keyblade. Either way, praise God that we wont be seeing the Neverland crew running around with such a weapon.

In conclusion, it seems like that’s all there is to it! I hope you all enjoyed the read, and I actually have another post that will coincide with this one concerning Terra being an unofficial master. That of which I wanted to include in this post! But I worry it has become too long and people will stop reading half way through. If I missed anything or did something wrong feel free to inform me, as this is my first post, and I look forward to getting feedback. I hope that you all have a great day, and just know how important you all are, for we are the only ones that can fight back the darkness.

First and foremost, welcome to the site!

Second, Lea worked and trained to get the keyblade under Yen Sid and the three fairies. Yen Sid said you could not teach a cat to bark (I chuckled when I first heard that) meaning you can't all of a sudden just change something to something else. I believe there is a piece of the heart that gives that power to an individual and an individual can either be born with it or, with works of light, can develop it. The latter is what Lea did I believe that gave him that power.

Lea got his keyblade by going to Yen Sid and getting the ceremony then training with Merlin and the Faeries in a special time chamber. Interviews below:

• Lea (Axel) ended up playing an unexpected role. I was wondering what was running through your mind when you thought to make him a Keyblade wielder.

I figured since he had returned to being human, he wouldn’t have much luck bringing back the people he wanted without some sort of power. Throwing his chakrams doesn’t really count. (Laughs)

• It’d be bad if he started a fire, huh? (Laughs) Is he still able to pass through the Corridors of Darkness like before?

DiZ is also human and can pass through the Corridors of Darkness. Since Lea has the memories of being Axel, he saw the message Ansem wrote on the wall in Radiant Garden and thought that was the only way he could travel. Of course, using the Corridors frequently is dangerous.

• After that, he came to Yen Sid hoping to train.

Yes. Since the Mysterious Tower is in an unknown spot, first you have to enter via King Mickey’s world. After that, they trained in a place where time flows differently, managed by Merlin, the great magician who can exceed time, as well as the Fairies.

• Did he have any prior experience?

In order to wield a Keyblade, the most important requirement is to be “the owner of a strong heart.” Regardless if it’s a good heart or a bad heart, a strong heart is necessary. Right now there are a lot of things that Lea wants to regain. That desire is connected to the strength of his heart.

• Why did Lea visit Disney Castle when he should have been looking for his friends?

To search for his friends he needed the power to move between worlds, and there is no way to do that other than to become a Keyblade wielder. While wanting to be made a Keyblade wielder, Lea saw a message from the past recorded by Ansem the Wise and, knowing it was dangerous, used the Corridors of Darkness once more to go talk with King Mickey and the others. That’s why after Maleficent left he was questioned at the Mysterious Tower.

• So, in “The King Departs” when Yen Sid said, “But Merlin and the three good fairies are aiding him in a place that’s more…temporally flexible”…

Upon request, those who can manipulate time–Merlin and the three fairies who appeared in KH2–changed the flow of time in a special place, and there Lea received hastened training in order to be able to use the Keyblade, basically. In the original scenario, we had planned to have Lea able to use the Keyblade when he ran to Sora.

As far as I'm concerned Yen Sid put Lea through the necessary training and he earned his Keyblade after saving Sora from Xehanort.

Awe, come on! Did you really read that whole thing in under 2 minutes of me posting it! I put links to videos proving my point! It would have taken longer than to respond to my post than just 2 minutes! xD But yes he was receiving training from Yen-Sid while Sora and Riku were taking their test, but he said he had (and had been using) keyblade before he went to rescue Sora from Xehanort because and i quote "You know, I was gonna come swoopin in, keyblade in hand" thus summoning his keyblade. And ultimately impressing everyone including Yen-Sid who is shocked at the sight of it. Therefor, not gifted to him through Yen-Sid, but somehow inherited through young Terra years ago!

Awe, come on! Did you really read that whole thing in under 2 minutes of me posting it! I put links to videos proving my point! It would have taken longer than to respond to my post than just 2 minutes! xD But yes he was receiving training from Yen-Sid while Sora and Riku were taking their test, but he said he had (and had been using) keyblade before he went to rescue Sora from Xehanort because and i quote "You know, I was gonna come swoopin in, keyblade in hand" thus summoning his keyblade. And ultimately impressing everyone including Yen-Sid who is shocked at the sight of it. Therefor, not gifted to him through Yen-Sid, but somehow inherited through young Terra years ago!

Nope he said he wanted to but couldn't quite get it.  He was training but the keyblade does not just appear right away and the ceremony is not a guarantee. The keyblade needs to judge your heart and find you worthy then choose you. There was a scene earlier in the game showing him asking Yen Sid a shocking question. That was him asking for the ceremony.

Look at Flaming Lea's post above.

Thanks for the feed back guys! =) it means a lot!

Lea got his keyblade by going to Yen Sid and getting the ceremony then training with Merlin and the Faeries in a special time chamber. Interviews below:

• [*]
Lea (Axel) ended up playing an unexpected role. I was wondering what was running through your mind when you thought to make him a Keyblade wielder.

I figured since he had returned to being human, he wouldn’t have much luck bringing back the people he wanted without some sort of power. Throwing his chakrams doesn’t really count. (Laughs)

• [*]
It’d be bad if he started a fire, huh? (Laughs) Is he still able to pass through the Corridors of Darkness like before?

DiZ is also human and can pass through the Corridors of Darkness. Since Lea has the memories of being Axel, he saw the message Ansem wrote on the wall in Radiant Garden and thought that was the only way he could travel. Of course, using the Corridors frequently is dangerous.

• [*]
After that, he came to Yen Sid hoping to train.

Yes. Since the Mysterious Tower is in an unknown spot, first you have to enter via King Mickey’s world. After that, they trained in a place where time flows differently, managed by Merlin, the great magician who can exceed time, as well as the Fairies.

• [*]
Did he have any prior experience?

In order to wield a Keyblade, the most important requirement is to be “the owner of a strong heart.” Regardless if it’s a good heart or a bad heart, a strong heart is necessary. Right now there are a lot of things that Lea wants to regain. That desire is connected to the strength of his heart.

• [*]
Why did Lea visit Disney Castle when he should have been looking for his friends?

To search for his friends he needed the power to move between worlds, and there is no way to do that other than to become a Keyblade wielder. While wanting to be made a Keyblade wielder, Lea saw a message from the past recorded by Ansem the Wise and, knowing it was dangerous, used the Corridors of Darkness once more to go talk with King Mickey and the others. That’s why after Maleficent left he was questioned at the Mysterious Tower.

• [*]
So, in “The King Departs” when Yen Sid said, “But Merlin and the three good fairies are aiding him in a place that’s more…temporally flexible”…

Upon request, those who can manipulate time–Merlin and the three fairies who appeared in KH2–changed the flow of time in a special place, and there Lea received hastened training in order to be able to use the Keyblade, basically. In the original scenario, we had planned to have Lea able to use the Keyblade when he ran to Sora.

But it looks like Flaming Lea has the actual answer. An interview i missed that is pretty obvious I guess xD Oh well, i thought i had something going there for a bit. Sorry again =)

That was quite the interesting theory there, friend!  You proved some really neat points, but like Flaming Lea and other members mentioned, Lea received his Keyblade by training under Yen Sid. Merlin and the Fairies!  I wonder if we'll be witness to a short flashback scene in which we see Lea go through his training!? :O

And welcome to the site, by the way! :3

Also, there's something I don't understand. Why Bond of Flame isn't Lea keyblade? The keyblade is basically shaped after Lea/Axel chakrams.

I think it served as more of a foreshadowing rather than being the reason Lea can use the Keyblade. However, I don't doubt that Lea's heart became strong enough to under go Yen Sid's training by coming into contact with people like Ven, Sora, and Roxas.

Every time someone brings up the wooden Keyblade in this context, I feel like slamming my head into a wall.

Sorry man, like I said new to this thing. I'll do better research next time!