Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So since this is a very open, character driven RP, I'll leave it to those who have signed up to forge their own destinies. Pick a planet to start on and begin your own story as it comes to intertwine with that of others'. Sign Ups are always open to anyone interested. It's never too late to join. Other than that, here are the references you might need throughout the rp.

Universe Atlas

Interplanetary transport is possible using modern Gem technology via Warp Panels

The Quadement Solar System (in order of closeness to the central star)

Pyrrha: A planet full of volcanic activity. Tinted red by its extreme heat. Lifeless

Terraria: A planet full of mountains and desserts and near constant seismic activity. Some animal life.

Venta: A lush planet full of plant life and animal life. Windy.

Akooa: A planet covered in ice and water. Lifeless

Character Gallery

Fusion Gallery

None  yet

Edited by Sikota Urinakano

~Carnelian~

How many years now has it been that Carnelian roamed the Star System? She was at least over 6,000 years old by the time she realized what Homeworld was doing to planets. Many were once lush, abundant with life. Now, they have been left to nothing but rock and bone. This wasn't what Carnelian wanted. And to think, at one point she was blind enough to follow orders that would lead to the destruction of so much life.

Carnelian peered over an oversized hunk of rock, towards a nearby valley, no trees in sight, aside from a forest that had been close by. Homeworld was sure to try again at this plane called Venta, to grow more Gems from the planets lifesource. And she was right - a large, newly constructed Injector stood only meters away, slowly drilling into the planet. Carnelian wasn't good with Tech, but she was good at destroying it. First, checking to see that no one was watching the site, she cautiously took a glance across the valley. Once she noticed that the coast was clear, Carnelian took her chance, and rushed the site.

~Cyprine~

Quite a distance away, in a ship orbiting the planet Akooa, Cyprine sat, thinking through her next moves. She didn't spend a lot of time on other planets, and not once has she ever laid foot on Akooa. Almost every step off this ship was new territory for her. That didn't intimidate her, however. Cyprine was hard to deter. Quite stubborn and determined, and almost always one step ahead, Cyprine was essential, apparently, to installing new Injectors where needed. Akooa was a barren land of ice and snow- hardly any spots on the planet could be used to harvest new Gems, but thay didn't stop her from following her orders. The team of Kindergarteners she worked on had paid visit to multiple planets in the last few decades, and never once have they backed out.

-Jadeite- on Venta

The raven-haired young man leaned against a tree, holding a book with one hand and a pen in the other.  Often times he desired to get away to write, among the trees where his imagination could roam free.  His gem "family" opposed of his writing, saying that it was a pure waste of time and that he should be using it to better their society and culture, but he disregarded them all.  The beauty of their planet had to be remembered somehow after the injectors destroyed it all; he figured that his writing could serve the future.

Letting out a sigh Jade took a pause, glancing up from his writing and looking ahead.  A barren valley met his eyes, one where trees once dwelt until gems decided to plant an injector there.  Sometimes his own race disgusted him, sucking the life out of mother earth in such a manner.  Jade shook his head, getting ready to resume his writing of the girl who gave her life up for a river, when movement from the corner of his eye caught his attention.  He saw a figure making a swift motion in the direction of the injector and, given her demeanor, she was up to something that she ought not be.  An amused smirk crossed Jade's face.  He slammed his book shut, and, hovering a few feet above the ground, stealthily flew in the direction of the Gem.  For a moment he battled himself, before finally allowing his amusement to meddle get the better of him.  "It'll do no good, you know," he called out, his feet hitting the ground and kicking dust into the air.  "They'll just keep planting them.  You might as well save your own neck and enjoy nature more, before they decide to poof you and bury you in the dirt with all those other gems."

Edited by Mystics Apprentice

Gahnospinel. A gem of many mysteries.

She was not on her home planet where she was made.

She was on Terraria.

Gahno chose this place because of the environment.

She was able to absorb vibrations from the frequent earthquakes and convert that into electricity.

Her glowing electric blue and black axe was held on hand as her scarf blew in the wind.

She wasn't lonely though.

Gahno was never lonely.

[Venta]

Amber lounged about in one of the taller trees in the forest he was exploring. The animal life was... adorable. There was nary a better word to describe it. He reached into his pocket and fished out an amber encasing of an animal he had found on a distant planet. The locals called them squirrels. The tree dwellers he was visiting with indeed resembled the so called "squirrels." Amber stood and jumped from the branch he was laying on to the canopy of his arbor hammock, looking up to the sky. He sensed something odd. Perhaps powerful. He didn't know particularly wear he was headed, but that never stopped him. He bent down and jumped, rocketing through the sky into space, displacing a many leaves causing them to rain down on the raven haired gem below him. It looked like he was heading towards the direction of the central star. It was chilly up here. Hopefully he'd hit a warmer atmosphere later to make up for it.

-Girasol- at ~Terraria~

Girasol pounced upon the alabaster in her adobe house on Terraria with boundless ambition, bringing hammer to pick as she chiseled away at her latest work.  She supposed it to be her best yet, though she had no idea because she had not had a real customer in what felt like centuries.  Who knew, maybe it was indeed centuries, but she was persistent and indomitable, as her lone friend knew.

Plink.  Plink.  Chank.  Plink plink plink.  Blow.  Chink chank plink.

The chisel dug into the pink stone with vitality, freshly sharpened.  Visualising the work with a keen eye honed by centuries, she lopped off chunk after chunk, hoping that an earthquake would not happen.

But it did.  The world shuddered around her and tottered the stone sculptures surrounding her masterpiece and soon-to-be iconic centrepiece of her shop.  The terrene energy, while powerful, had little influence on her previous works of art, suspended in the air as they were by chains and a thick slab of metal beneath them, but the alabaster before her was on the ground.

"Oh no oh no oh no!" she cried out frantically, trying her hardest to hold it upright, but it toppled nonetheless, destroying her wooden floor where it fell.  "NO!" she screamed, venting out her frustration.  She could always raise the alabaster again, but the intricately decorated floorboards she herself carved were beyond repair.  It would take a year to make it match the rest of her home, maybe two.

"That's Venta heartwood, almost priceless!  How can I get more of that now?  I have to live with this until I get more!"

She formed a pout and stared at the terrible mess, fists curled on her hips.  As if this were not enough, the earth stopped quaking shortly afterward, making her even more sour.

"Oh-h-h, what to do, what to do!" she uttered loudly, wracking her brain.

Edited by Vaude

Gahnospinel was rather shocked when the earthquake happened, quickly using her electricity to shoot her up in the air and keep her away from the moving ground.

She glided back down, landing softly on the sand.

Right as she landed, she fell right through it into a hole.

"Ouch..." she muttered, quickly grasping her gem that was placed on her right eye.

No marks. Good.

"This planet is a good place for me to get energy, but it's just so...destructive." Gahno sighed, shooting herself out of the sand hole.

She's been in a hole before and she doesn't ever want to be trapped like that again.

A mouse looked at Gahnospinel and she bent down, it looking at her.

"You're going to end up dead here..." she muttered, brushing its fur back.

The desert mouse ran off, leaving Gahno there again.

She started walking off into the mountains, and as she walked she remembered the warm tropic seas she used to be at.

Gahnospinel would do anything to go back there.

~Star~

All seemed boring in the land of Terrania, just the way Star favored. The mature-looking gem simply lounged underneath a shade of leaves from a tree, feeling a novel. The material in its pages and passages were of a feeling similar to the human-like braille. It was a story of two small gems, fusing together out of their affection for one another. How intriguing. The story was at its climax where the gems - split apart -  are on a small quest to find each other again. But, before Star could finish, an earthquake shook the ground causing the gem to drop its book. It non-nonchalantly held onto the tree branch for balance as it stood up from the shaded grass. This sort of occurrence was minimal, but not uncommon either. Star's arm slithered to its cane, and used it as support as it stood up. It tapped the cane all about the surface and began to walk towards he source of the shaking as it seemed to die down. Being blind, the gem trusted its heightened senses and trusty staff to navigate the land.

They soon made it to a lone home where the quakes emanated, and its face was emotionless and cold as it approached the home and to the door. They tapped on door with its cane and breathed out to the commotion inside, much like a grumpy, yet bored old woman or man.

"You could have absolved yourself from the plentiful rives in the surface, clod. Not only that, the potent malodor of destruction is deplorable. The foolish actions have caused the scent to strike like many pinpricks within my scent sponge..."

Edited by Hargleblargleboo

-Between Planets-

Amber held his scarf out in front of him to better observe what lie ahead of him without the blinding light of the yellow star. The closest planet was the brown one. He took a moment to concentrate. This was a trick he had been working on for a long time and wasn't quite perfect. He carefully observed the distance, visualizing his path and angle of trajectory. The gem beneath his eye glowed a bright orange as he drew his hand back. Amber was a patient gem. Usually. He thrust his arm forward once the preparations were complete and a stream of dirty gold sap rocketed from his arm. With a flash under his eye, the speed of the projectile ray increased exponentially before he felt it lodge into the surface of Terraria. He clenched his fist within the slime and it retracted, pulling him through towards the surface.

~Carnelian~

Carnelian, surprised by the voice, came to an erupt stop in the field. A stranger approached her, only a few feet away. Quickly as possible, Carnelian Gem began shining, allowing her to summon her weapon.

"The way I see it," she started, "Those who give up might as well be on Homeworld's roster." She pointed her sword closer to the stranger.

"Who are you?"

~Cyprine~

Normally, Gems would take a warp pad down to the planet, but it was quite a distance from any warp pad, their destination. They had planned to install one just as they installed injectors.

Only seconds away from landing, Cyprine stood from her chair, and headed towards the exit, along side her team. Cyprine wasnt the leader, of course. She was an addition to a team of dedicates Kindergarteners. Cyprine's aren't leaders, they simply take orders.

-Girasol- at ~Terrania~

Gira glanced over to the door in indignation, her hands still on her hips after a few moments of wracking her brains and finalising on what had to be done.

"Star, sorry to offend your nose, but I don't have the strength to lift five tons of slab like you might.  My hands are meant mostly for elegance, not force, as I've told you time and again."

Even as she spoke, she smiled.  She knew Star meant little by what he, she, it, or they said (she could not figure the person out sometimes), and she headed towards the portal, opening it for her guest.

"Come on in, friend," she voiced, most of the fire gone from her voice as she held the door wide.  "Mind the mess in the centre of the room, and pull up a stump and be comfortable, gramps.  I left it where it was when you last came in.  I'll fetch you some tea, if you'd like it, too.  Would you like it iced or hot?"

She perused her pantry on the other side, an open-faced cabinet with an assortment of delectables.  Of all the senses she had, she favoured taste the best, and the berry and green teas on the topmost shelf were the best she had, perfect for the occasion.

Edited by Vaude

~Star~

"Hum... Quite. I respect your youthful impotence. Despite my physical illusion of an appearance, I am an aged gem in the mind, so pardon this forgetfulness I possess.", the gem stated. Star gently let themselves into Girasol's residence whist tapping her cane all around the floor. Star could tell the room was littered with debris and junk, and crinkled their nose at the smell of it. It hated its heightened senses sometimes. Nonetheless, Star tapped the stump and guided it's body to sit down.

"Much obliged, Girasol. Favored am I to have the company that you provide to me,", the purple gem thanked. 

"If the hassle isn't too obnoxious, I'd favor the fervent type of brew. Your benevolence earns my gratitude.", Star thanked once again.

-Jadeite- on Venta

The dark-haired man chuckled as Carnelian raised her weapon.  "Please, I'm not here to meddle.  I just wanted to offer a word of advice, and also praise your bravery which verges on suicide."  He extended a hand while Carnelian still had her weapon pointed at him, in a friendly gesture as though suggesting a handshake.  "Jade.  This is the name that I currently go by.  I now wander to thrive, not often affiliating myself with groups or organizations.  While you are very brave and I admire your efforts, I believe it is foolish to try to stop the inevitable."

For a moment Jade paused, glancing toward the injector in the field nearby.  "I love this planet.  I feel truly alive here, or at least as alive as I can feel.  I do not wish to see it die, and I detest homeplanet for what they're doing"--he clenched his fist, his jade-colored eyes still afar--"but there is nothing I can do.  Trust me, I have meddled before and it has nearly cost me my life.  I do not wish the same for anyone."  Jade, as if snapping from a daze, turned, considering Carnelian for a moment.  "So tell me: what is it that you live for?"

~Carnelian~

What's with this guy? Carnelian thought to herself. She returned her weapon again to her Gem, and looked at the Gem who introduced himself as Jade.

"Carnelian." She responded, unsure as she accepted his handshake. "We can't do anything to save this place unless we actually try. I was once part of the problem- I went to different places, keeping any life from interferimg with what I thought needed to be done. Once I realized what happened to those planets once we left..." Carnelian took a beat, and again looked at Jade. "What do I live for? I'm unsure. Life isn't much if you don't work for something. So for now, I work to stop Homeworld from reaching planets like this one."

~Cyprine~

The cold really wasn't something Cyprine was bothered by- quite the opposite, she enjoyed it. What she felt, however, didn't matter much at this point. This was just another job- install a warp pad, install an injector, and leave. Only a few need remain to keep watch of the Kindergarten, usually the job was left to the technicians, like Peridots. A Cyprine like herself were there only to work and move on- Jacks of many trades, mostly physical labor.

After the work had been finished, the team of Gems departed back into space, awaiting orders that were to be given on a regular basis.

"I don't get why this planet is so important to Homeworld." Cyprine began, "it's not like many gems can be produced here- none that are that valuable anyways."

-Jadeite- on Venta

The gem considered Carnelian's words momentarily before responding.  "Interesting.  It seems that you still have interest in investing your life into something.  I've tried it, but I see no point.  It will only result in an early extinction, however"--a slight smile curved his lips as he brushed his dark bangs from his eyes--"I still admire your nerve.  Just don't get yourself poofed, will you?  I would like to rest knowing gems like you still exist in this world."

He clasped a hand on her shoulder, gave her a gentle nod, before turning and beginning to backtrack the way he'd come.  He didn't have much in mind to do--nor did he ever--but he didn't feel the point in continuing his conversation with Carnelian further.  Still, the life in her interested him.  It'd been a while since he'd encountered another gem that was so determined.  The last time that he had was Saphira, but, well . . . he wasn't going to think about her.

The raven-haired gem sat with his back against a tree, letting out a sigh as he considered his book once more.  Out of the corner of his eye he could still see Carnelian, curious to see what she would do next with the injector.

~Star~

"Hum... Quite. I respect your youthful impotence. Despite my physical illusion of an appearance, I am an aged gem in the mind, so pardon this forgetfulness I possess.", the gem stated. Star gently let themselves into Girasol's residence whist tapping her cane all around the floor. Star could tell the room was littered with debris and junk, and crinkled their nose at the smell of it. It hated its heightened senses sometimes. Nonetheless, Star tapped the stump and guided it's body to sit down.

"Much obliged, Girasol. Favored am I to have the company that you provide to me,", the purple gem thanked. 

"If the hassle isn't too obnoxious, I'd favor the fervent type of brew. Your benevolence earns my gratitude.", Star thanked once again.

-Girasol- at ~Terraria~

"Hot it is, then, and you're welcome," Girasol responded with a small chuckle over Star's wording, gliding over to the pantry, taking out a crude stepladder made of etched heartwood, and setting upon climbing the steps to the tea.  She plucked out two wooden spoonfuls of the loose tea and placed it on a wooden platter nearby, then descended with practiced balance.  "I'm glad you're here, actually.  It gets lonely after a while, and a girl needs to talk to someone over tea from time to time.  One lump of sugar or two?  Or five?  You like five, right?"

She was already setting fire to some tinder in the fireplace, bouncy and energetic as she was, and she readied to go draw some water from her indoor well.  Nevertheless, she kept her ears perked for Star's response.

Amber crashed down on the sandy surface of Terraria, sending out a small shockwave where he landed, in addition to the crater left in the sand. His body was hot. Stiff. He couldn't move after the impact. He glanced around the deserted planet. He saw a Warp Pad, or whatever they call them now. He recognized the old technology. It was Gem Technology. If he knew his kind were here at some point in the planet's history, he would've gone the easy way—assuming the pad's functioned the same way they used to. He took in his surroundings. That was all he could do right now as his body recovered from the impact. He felt a certain... electrical feel in the air. Odd. Did he discharge energy during his crash? Potentially. He was gaining nothing from thinking about it. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes and waiting for his body to recover.

A light thunder could be heard as Gahnospinel approached her mountain home in Terraria.

Her little cave home was the place she was made, however she has since covered all the other holes up with rock or dirt.

She took a deep breath and let some electricity in the air, and as she did it lightning.

Gahno wanted to see more Gems, and maybe travel to other worlds.

She has never really wanted to leave Terraria behind, it was her home planet.

~Terraria~

An icy gale belted across the mountainous highlands, whistling its hollowed, empty tune destined not for the ears of a living soul. As the wind kicked over the jagged slopes, it unfurled the snowy caps, revealing bare patches of gray rock in its wake.

With the cool, white blanket whipped up from over the naked sediment, signs of life began stirring upon the mountain sides. Up and down, along the trails and on the sheer rock faces, the ground began to crack. It was as though the mountains themselves were rupturing in the face of Terraria’s nature tremors and quakes. From each set of cracks there came a luminosity; a glow that would, were it nightfall, light the mountains festively.

In a sudden, spontaneous instance, the lights along the mountains began shooting upward. It was only a short jump, five or six feet at best, the impression being less of the lights being launched; rather, it was as if the earth was merely spitting them out. Some seemed to pop from the ground like tree sprouts. The further along this processes retained, the more clearly the lights began to resemble a multitude of humanoid forms: bodies, ripping from the soil like newborns from the womb. In droves, the released bodies filed away from the mountain; those that, for some reason, could, took flight; those depraved or unaware of such luxury began to trek down by foot.

This process maintained steadily, until but one stirring remained in the works. Near the top of one of the higher peaks, a rumbling of movement shook and broke apart a pile of snow that hadn’t been swept away by the winds. In a slow, labored effort, the being beneath the snow tore its way out from its stone womb. First came a hand, clenched in a fist as it punched through the above the snow. Opening like the claw of a beast it ripped away the layers of powdery drift, which feel firmly into a hole below it, creating a floor upon which the newborn life could stand.

Within moments, the mountain played host to a young, female-looking someone. Though underdressed for the harsh climate of the mountain, she remained unfazed by the cold, planting herself comfortably upon her packed mound of snow as she overlooked the landscape around her. A slender hand belonging to the girl reached up, placing itself knowingly on her chest, where it felt the contour of a gemstone firmly embedded within her sternum. This hand joined its partner in front of the girl’s face, where it maintained a long, contemplative gaze into a pair of purple eyes.

“Gem,” the girl said. Even as a newborn, intrinsic instinct informed her of her own identity. “Amethyst.” She lowered her hands to her side and peered over the highlands, sighing. “Well that’s great. Everyone else is gone already.” Annoyed, Amethyst rolled her eyes and trudged through the wall of snow, beginning her own descent from the mountain.

-Girasol- at ~Terraria~

"Hot it is, then, and you're welcome," Girasol responded with a small chuckle over Star's wording, gliding over to the pantry, taking out a crude stepladder made of etched heartwood, and setting upon climbing the steps to the tea.  She plucked out two wooden spoonfuls of the loose tea and placed it on a wooden platter nearby, then descended with practiced balance.  "I'm glad you're here, actually.  It gets lonely after a while, and a girl needs to talk to someone over tea from time to time.  One lump of sugar or two?  Or five?  You like five, right?"

She was already setting fire to some tinder in the fireplace, bouncy and energetic as she was, and she readied to go draw some water from her indoor well.  Nevertheless, she kept her ears perked for Star's response.

~Star~

"Correct.", Star responded, face in the direction of the voice. The purple gem sat silently, unconsciously staring at her with their cloudy eyes. They could feel a heat beginning to waft around the room, and it comforted Star. "Assembling a hearty blaze, I feel.", she assumed. "Even if I lack any paucity of vision, I believe I'm correct..." They let their non-existent vision gaze over to a wall in front of them and away from Girsol. "Oh, and...have you been watchful of any foreign objects in the crust as of late? I have had an odd feeling in the pit of my sustenance pouch (stomach). ", they remarked. "It is strange..."

Edited by Hargleblargleboo

~Carnelian~ {Venta}   "Well then..." Carnelian hadn't much to say to someone who had seemed to give up as easily as this Jadeite did. Still, Carnelian was determined to do what she came here for. First, detach the drill head. Or at least, that is what she would attempt to do if the Drill head wasn't already active. "Well, that's great! Hmm... Maybe I should try a different angle?" Carnelian observed her surroundings. The trees that she met Jadeite near seemed to have a good height to them. Maybe if she climbed up one, she could get enough force from her fall to destroy the Injector.

"'Scuse me!" Carnelian dashed back towards the gem, and tried her hand at jumping. Like most Gems, Carnelian had quite the height when it came to jumping, so gaining momentum from the fall wasn't as difficult as she had thought it might have been. With a blast that seemed to not bother the trees, but definitely took a toll on the surround earth, the Injector came down to it's base, and crumbled without a fight. The newer models had a nicer finish than before, but they were definitely a weaker carbonite. "Good enough for you, Jadeite?"~Cyprine~ [ship]"Perhaps a Sapphire or two may emerge, but is a Sapphire really worth this effort? We could devote such a force as us to other planets, like Venta or Terraria! This place isn't going to get much of anything. After all, Sapphire's have little to no methods of self defense. All they have is some happy gravity connectors and foresight!"The other Gems didn't seem to care for Cyprine's complaining. The only one who would have listened is the ship's assigned Pearl- one Cyprine assumed came from Blue Diamond. That Gem would have listened... but it was too busy speaking to one of the other Cyprine's assigned to the case.