Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Super Smash Bros: The Hands' Game (RP Signups)

Well, we should probably make it so one of the characters loses. If you have a preference on whom, then let me know.

I agree. Well, I feel that we should let Pit be the victor for the battle. It would work better that way. :)

I've got it!

Name: Lip

Game of Origin: Panel De Pon (JP version of Tetris Attack)

Appearance:Posted Image

Bio: Lip is an energetic flower fairy who loves the smell of flowers. When brought to this "game", she was actually pretty excited to meet new friends along the way.

Weapon: Her Flower Rod.

Fighting style: Lip can cast a wide variety of spells as long as she has her wand. She can create blocks to fall on opponents and shoot blasts at foes.

Now that she's done....

Name: Toon Link

Game of origin: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Appearance:Posted Image

Bio: Toon Link was just on the Pirate Ship sleeping until he was awoken by the Hands. Now he's thrown into another adventure....Again.

Weapon: Master Sword

Fighting: Toon Link tends to be up close and personal, while being very skilled with his sword.

Both are accepted!

Just letting everyone know, please let me handle world transitions for now. If you want one sooner, let me know in this thread. I can get one for you as soon as possible.

Name: (Nameless, technically called the Samurai, or Sakura Samurai)

Game/Series of origin: Sakura Samurai, Art of the Sword

Appearance (Use a picture, please): Posted Image

Short (spoiler free!) bio: A boy with the ability to fight even the strongest of enemies of his home world, his special training given to him by an old Kappa gave him the skill to be able to defeat the man who kidnapped the Sakura Princess, and so he set off to do just that.

Weapons (If any): A long, hardened, and well-forged magic sword, Kunai's for ranged combat, Frogs for stunning the opponent, and his Sheath can function as a shield, in a sense. He also has Rice Cakes for healing somewhat, and Wetstones to sharpen his sword and increase it's attack.

Fighting style: (Essentially, describe how they fight. Instead of limiting ourselves to a set amount of special moves, I feel this will work better) Like a true Samurai, he focuses on Speed and Agility to hit the opponent where it hurts. He can do a special Afterimage ability, which makes it seem like there are two of him in an area, distracting the opponent, as as a function of his magical weapon, he can preform a special attack after enough evasions that can blow people away. However, he knows when he can't just evade out of everything, and so he keeps the Frogs for just such situations, and Kunai's for those who like to go from a range. 

Victory/Battle Theme (Optional, just for fun): 

Gonna go with Guar Plains.

Name: (Nameless, technically called the Samurai, or Sakura Samurai)

Game/Series of origin: Sakura Samurai, Art of the Sword

Short (spoiler free!) bio: A boy with the ability to fight even the strongest of enemies of his home world, his special training given to him by an old Kappa gave him the skill to be able to defeat the man who kidnapped the Sakura Princess, and so he set off to do just that.

Weapons (If any): A long, hardened, and well-forged magic sword, Kunai's for ranged combat, Frogs for stunning the opponent, and his Sheath can function as a shield, in a sense. He also has Rice Cakes for healing somewhat, and Wetstones to sharpen his sword and increase it's attack.

Fighting style: (Essentially, describe how they fight. Instead of limiting ourselves to a set amount of special moves, I feel this will work better) Like a true Samurai, he focuses on Speed and Agility to hit the opponent where it hurts. He can do a special Afterimage ability, which makes it seem like there are two of him in an area, distracting the opponent, as as a function of his magical weapon, he can preform a special attack after enough evasions that can blow people away. However, he knows when he can't just evade out of everything, and so he keeps the Frogs for just such situations, and Kunai's for those who like to go from a range. 

Gonna go with Guar Plains.

Accepted!

Since Yuffie isn't joining us, I'll take Link as well.

Name: Link

Game/Series of origin: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Short (spoiler free!) bio: A boy with little naught but a care in the world, until one day, his best friend, Zelda, was whisked away in a storm, and from then on in, he and his companion Fi, ran a charge in to rescue her.

Weapons (If any): The Master Sword, and the Hylian Shield. The Master Sword is a holy sword, incapable of dulling or chipping. Though it's rapure-esk in nature, Link uses it more like your standard Longsword. The Hylian shield is an unbreakable shield that can be used to diflect some attacks. He also has access to a hook shot, a supply of Bombs, a bow and a whip(in stay of the Boomerang)

Fighting style: (Essentially, describe how they fight. Instead of limiting ourselves to a set amount of special moves, I feel this will work better) He fights on a very tactical sense, prefering to defend and evade till a weak spot is made apparent. He fights with grace, speed, and ferocity, but with a certian level of, so to say, veness

And what is a Smash game without a little more Xenoblade now?

Name: Riki

Game/Series of origin: Xenoblade Chronicles

Short (spoiler free!) bio: After Shulk and co. helped Melia, and said they would help destroy the "Dinobeast", the Nopon offered their greatest hero: Riki, and he was with them ever since... For lack of cash or worse.

Weapons (If any): His Bitter, a small, club-like object that does damage to the enemy by hitting them with it.

Fighting style: (Essentially, describe how they fight. Instead of limiting ourselves to a set amount of special moves, I feel this will work better) Primarily, Riki plays a sort of mix of a Rouge and a Tank. he focuses on hitting the enemy smarter, not harder, by usage of special Ether attacks to slow the opponent down so much that Riki can get in as many hits as he needs, but can take quite a few himself so he doesn't focus on dodging.

Since Yuffie isn't joining us, I'll take Link as well.

Name: Link

Game/Series of origin: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Short (spoiler free!) bio: A boy with little naught but a care in the world, until one day, his best friend, Zelda, was whisked away in a storm, and from then on in, he and his companion Fi, ran a charge in to rescue her.

Weapons (If any): The Master Sword, and the Hylian Shield. The Master Sword is a holy sword, incapable of dulling or chipping. Though it's rapure-esk in nature, Link uses it more like your standard Longsword. The Hylian shield is an unbreakable shield that can be used to diflect some attacks. He also has access to a hook shot, a supply of Bombs, a bow and a whip(in stay of the Boomerang)

Fighting style: (Essentially, describe how they fight. Instead of limiting ourselves to a set amount of special moves, I feel this will work better) He fights on a very tactical sense, prefering to defend and evade till a weak spot is made apparent. He fights with grace, speed, and ferocity, but with a certian level of, so to say, veness

And what is a Smash game without a little more Xenoblade now?

Name: Riki

Game/Series of origin: Xenoblade Chronicles

Short (spoiler free!) bio: After Shulk and co. helped Melia, and said they would help destroy the "Dinobeast", the Nopon offered their greatest hero: Riki, and he was with them ever since... For lack of cash or worse.

Weapons (If any): His Bitter, a small, club-like object that does damage to the enemy by hitting them with it.

Fighting style: (Essentially, describe how they fight. Instead of limiting ourselves to a set amount of special moves, I feel this will work better) Primarily, Riki plays a sort of mix of a Rouge and a Tank. he focuses on hitting the enemy smarter, not harder, by usage of special Ether attacks to slow the opponent down so much that Riki can get in as many hits as he needs, but can take quite a few himself so he doesn't focus on dodging.

Both are accepted! Link's with Team Master Hand, while Riki is on Team Crazy Hand.

Say, Shulk, could you recap the list of fighters again? Quite a few have been added and it seems to me like a few were not placed in teams yet, so if you get this, thanks!

EDIT: Never mind. I saw the updated list. Thanks.

Rock on!

Edited by Steven Drake (SteVentus)

I apologize for the trouble I might've caused. I hope you guys and gals can forgive me. Now then, I have edited my post to make it show that Greninja does NOT jump off of the arrows, and instead, breaks one with a kick to its side. I also changed "Swordsman" in Falco's paragraph to make it say "swordsmen". And I believe that since Shulk accepted Falco when I put in his Sniper Rifle, Falco can use his Sniper Rifle.

After these few attempts to try and get to this man, Greninja knew nothing was going to make him come to his senses. He started feeling angered by this man's sudden, random attacking. Greninja had no other choice than to fight back. The opponent's arrows were moving fast, but Greninja was faster. He quickly jumped off the side part of the cliff and hitting an arrow with enough force in a kick to break it from the side. He pulled out two Blades of Water and leapt at Link who was left open due to having to pull the arrows AND shoot them, then pulling out another to do the same process. Greninja slashed at Link to send him to the ground so hard, the impact would also slow him down. Greninja's instinct was telling him that this is not the best time to fight the man. No, not yet. Greninja's risks were too high. He needed to know for sure what side the man was on. Greninja hated to flee, but he had no other choice but to escape into the portal. Wasting no time, he got back on the ground and rushed to the portal, leaving the bunch of bananas behind. He had absolutely no clue where the portal would lead him, but knew it would be the right place to be. When he entered the portal, it vanished.Falco ---Smashville---Falco looked over at Dedede, and commented, "I didn't either, but I guess judging by the way I fought this Angel boy, my guess is that we need to work together." He then looked over at the swordsmen, and with his coat still off, he grew serious. He walked towards the two swordsmen a bit, and asked Sayaka and Dedede,"You don't have to battle, but can you support me? I think I can count on the two of you." Falco gave them a thumbs up. "You want to get out of this game, right? Well, I'd be happy to negotiate with ya to work something out. Let's do this!" With the samurai running at Falco, Falco jumped into the air and psyching out the Samurai, he pulled out his signature sniper rifle and aimed towards the Swordsman in the black robe/coat.(Sorry if I was holding up the RP, everyone. Hopefully the stuff I edited is good enough. :) )

Sorry, but this still needs editing, as you broke a few rules in your edit. First off, controlling other peoples' characters is not allowed, and in saying that Link was stunned after his attack without NeverBetter specifying this in his own post, you technically controlled Link at that point. Auto-hit attacks are also a form of godmodding, another thing that is strictly prohibited in the rules. Unless I'm reading your post wrong, you said that Greninja's blades sent Link crashing to the ground, but you have to leave things open for your opponent to dodge or counter. I'd like you to edit your post again with these in mind, though I'll have to give you a warning for breaking numerous rules. Also, while this is completely unrelated to the rules, you did ignore Sakura Samurai's attack that was made against Falco.

Also, in terms of my own posts, I've been really busy lately. I apologize for that, I'll hopefully be able to move things along soon.

I apologize for the trouble I might've caused. I hope you guys and gals can forgive me. Now then, I have edited my post to make it show that Greninja does NOT jump off of the arrows, and instead, breaks one with a kick to its side. I also changed "Swordsman" in Falco's paragraph to make it say "swordsmen". And I believe that since Shulk accepted Falco when I put in his Sniper Rifle, Falco can use his Sniper Rifle.

I still need you to edit your post soon, otherwise I'll have to remove you from the RP.

Sorry, but this still needs editing, as you broke a few rules in your edit. First off, controlling other peoples' characters is not allowed, and in saying that Link was stunned after his attack without NeverBetter specifying this in his own post, you technically controlled Link at that point. Auto-hit attacks are also a form of godmodding, another thing that is strictly prohibited in the rules. Unless I'm reading your post wrong, you said that Greninja's blades sent Link crashing to the ground, but you have to leave things open for your opponent to dodge or counter. I'd like you to edit your post again with these in mind, though I'll have to give you a warning for breaking numerous rules. Also, while this is completely unrelated to the rules, you did ignore Sakura Samurai's attack that was made against Falco.Also, in terms of my own posts, I've been really busy lately. I apologize for that, I'll hopefully be able to move things along soon.

Ah, so that was the issue! I didn't even think about that part! I didn't mean to take over his character in any way, I just thought sending Link to the ground was gonna be inevitable with the amount of force Greninja was giving. Okay, okay. So I want this to be cleared up: So you want me to either make it that Greninja leaves himself open, or I should change it from a melee attack to a Water Shuriken, right? If I went with the Water Shuriken attack, can I still have Greninja enter the portal, even if the Shuriken misses?And about the part with Sakura Samurai, when NeverBetter started posting, I could not quite tell where some of his characters were at first, since he did not put the locations that his characters started at. But now I see through context clues that the Samurai is indeed in SmashVille. It'd be easier for future reference if I could see without needing to think through context so much. This has absolutely nothing against him in any way. I just didn't understand at first. Edited by Steven Drake (SteVentus)

Ah, so that was the issue! I didn't even think about that part! I didn't mean to take over his character in any way, I just thought sending Link to the ground was gonna be inevitable with the amount of force Greninja was giving. Okay, okay.So I want this to be cleared up: So you want me to either make it that Greninja leaves himself open, or I should change it from a melee attack to a Water Shuriken, right? If I went with the Water Shuriken attack, can I still have Greninja enter the portal, even if the Shuriken misses?And about the part with Sakura Samurai, when NeverBetter started posting, I could not quite tell where some of his characters were at first, since he did not put the locations that his characters started at. But now I see through context clues that the Samurai is indeed in SmashVille. It'd be easier for future reference if I could see without needing to think through context so much. This has absolutely nothing against him in any way. I just didn't understand at first.

Leave the attack open for him to dodge or counter. As for entering the portal, that's up to you, but giving a fair fight would likely be a better option, and retreating counts as a loss.

Leave the attack open for him to dodge or counter. As for entering the portal, that's up to you, but giving a fair fight would likely be a better option, and retreating counts as a loss.

Sounds fair enough, fleeing now would make the score M:1 and C:1.But I'm still troubled... Would Link still have attacked even if they were both on the same side? NeverBetter said Link attacked Greninja because Greninja picked a bunch of Bananas, not because they were on opposite teams, right? Neither of them knew what side the other was on. (*sigh* I just wanted to battle a Toon Link...)

Quick question. I know the rule said video game characters only so does that include Wreck-It Ralph or is he a acception due to him interacting with video game characters heck even the ones in Smash Bros.?

No movie characters. The character rules are detailed for a reason, there aren't any exceptions.

Sounds fair enough, fleeing now would make the score M:1 and C:1.But I'm still troubled... Would Link still have attacked even if they were both on the same side? NeverBetter said Link attacked Greninja because Greninja picked a bunch of Bananas, not because they were on opposite teams, right? Neither of them knew what side the other was on. (*sigh* I just wanted to battle a Toon Link...)

No, because that's why we chose Link. I could have gone the normal route, show letter, intense fight, blah blah blah. It's Smash Bros, and I'm playing one of the most colorful versions of Link aside from Toon editions, I felt like it would be a tad more effective to give him more than a "your my enemy" reason to fight, even if it's a sillier, less effective one, even if it was just for comedy or theme-fitting sake.There is more to RP than just the wonders of having a entirely serious game and character. Experimentation and fun are always a plus, just be sure to keep it fair to others playing as well. No one likes to lose, so give everyone a fair shot.

No, because that's why we chose Link. I could have gone the normal route, show letter, intense fight, blah blah blah. It's Smash Bros, and I'm playing one of the most colorful versions of Link aside from Toon editions, I felt like it would be a tad more effective to give him more than a "your my enemy" reason to fight, even if it's a sillier, less effective one, even if it was just for comedy or theme-fitting sake.There is more to RP than just the wonders of having a entirely serious game and character. Experimentation and fun are always a plus, just be sure to keep it fair to others playing as well. No one likes to lose, so give everyone a fair shot.

Thank you! Finally, now that you explained that, maybe I'll consider not leaving Link. Yeah, hold on! I'll make this change as fast as possible!

Thank you! Finally, now that you explained that, maybe I'll consider not leaving Link. Yeah, hold on! I'll make this change as fast as possible!

You still need to edit your post with Link being off guard. Please let the person who controls the character say if their character is off-guard or not. NeverBetter didn't specifically state that Link was left open to an attack.

You still need to edit your post with Link being off guard. Please let the person who controls the character say if their character is off-guard or not. NeverBetter didn't specifically state that Link was left open to an attack.

Man, you guys are hard to please. It's just one teensy weensy detail. We need to get this RP flowing again, so do not leave out anymore details I may have missed, ya hear? I just wanted to fight Toon Link... *sob*Actually,

Ah, English. A most well-known language. However, English was nothing like the Sky People's language. The carvings just looked like scratches to Link. This time, he took a more direct approach. Running right after the frog thing, he leaped upon the walls and bounced between them, and as he neared, pulled out a bow with his arrows and began to fire on the freak of nature.

This right here proves an issue on a few levels. First off, Link's jumping back and forth between the walls, right? And, he's not specifying whether or not he is firing arrows rapidly. And lastly, if this was a friendly environment, like I thought this was supposed to be, then why would he make fun of Greninja by describing him that way? I am especially not happy with that! Why does he get to make fun of Greninja and I don't get to make fun of Link? That is illogical! Edited by Steven Drake (SteVentus)

Man, you guys are hard to please. It's just one teensy weensy detail. We need to get this RP flowing again, so do not leave out anymore details I may have missed, ya hear? I just wanted to fight Toon Link... *sob*Actually, This right here proves an issue on a few levels. First off, Link's jumping back and forth between the walls, right? And, he's not specifying whether or not he is firing arrows rapidly. And lastly, if this was a friendly environment, like I thought this was supposed to be, then why would he make fun of Greninja by describing him that way? I am especially not happy with that! Why does he get to make fun of Greninja and I don't get to make fun of Link? That is illogical!

Because you cannot fire arrows FROM A WALL JUMP without some sort of ability to or extreme talent or item (I could, in theory, using the Grapple Shot, however I didn't as I didn't want to leave myself that open for counterattack). As stated, I ran and jumped on walls to close some distance and then "began to fire" with such a general statement and show of quantity, as he "began" meaning he fired one, however had not stopped, this was used in a general sense as to give you room to manuver out of it, should you so choose, however do so effectively (i.e., firing a Water Pulse to intercept the arrows effectively, then using Smokescreen to get away (I consider Utility abilities like this fine to not state in combat log if they're used to aid in, say, escaping)).There is a reason I'm one of the top-ranked combat RPers and that a number of people focus me when I play in-game: to beat me.Also, it's being in-role, in Link's world, how many giant blue ninja frogs with toung for scarves exist? I could hesitate to say too many. Even with all the other monsters there are, I think that Greninja is a tad on the alien side of things for him.On that note, also, it's not just a missed detail, but a rule. It's a rule-break. I can accept force-hits, to a point, and even VERY mild character control to shift the tide a little here and there ect. But this is the kind of post I draw my line at. I only say because I care, but dammit, this is not how you do combat on this site. You don't no-sell (perfect evade everything or tank every shot with no show of damage) on this site. I have, but out of absolute frustration of just wanting to get a post put there, but if someone confronts me on it when I've settled because it was seriously bad enough, I edit and fix. And it's not a good example to lead for new players either.I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean here. But it has to be said, lest you end up never being able to play in the more fun games on this site out of fear of the big names and with bad play habits that mean people get frustrated with you quickly in game. No one wants that, and I'm rather certain you do not either./rantpost.

Man, you guys are hard to please. It's just one teensy weensy detail. We need to get this RP flowing again, so do not leave out anymore details I may have missed, ya hear? I just wanted to fight Toon Link... *sob*Actually,This right here proves an issue on a few levels. First off, Link's jumping back and forth between the walls, right? And, he's not specifying whether or not he is firing arrows rapidly. And lastly, if this was a friendly environment, like I thought this was supposed to be, then why would he make fun of Greninja by describing him that way? I am especially not happy with that! Why does he get to make fun of Greninja and I don't get to make fun of Link? That is illogical!

As NB said, this isn't just a tiny detail. You broke a rule that was clearly stated in the signups. You must have read them when you joined, and as such, knew what was acceptable and what wasn't in this roleplay. If you break a rule, you have to take responsibility for your own actions. If you're going to argue about it, you can leave the roleplay, as I won't tolerate any complaints regarding my rules. I was nice enough to give you a warning for offenses that could very well justify immediate removal.

As for your last statement, while I hope that participants would get along, their characters do not need to be as friendly. Part of roleplaying is getting in a role you wouldn't usually take. Not every character will be incredibly friendly. All participants should understand this.