Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

The Trailer's release looks bleek

I honestly don't know what's this video about. The official Square Enix Staff officially said it himself.

"Come on guys you should know better than to trust news reports that don't even have any SOURCES!

We never announced that any trailer would be released and in general you should be more cautious about rumours. We also sort of did release an official statement/message."

There's been no mention of KH appearing at Jump Festa, and even if 2.9 does come out next year, it probably won't be until November at the earliest, given the recent trend.

Oh, I didn't mean that it was a for sure thing, I just meant that there's always the possibility.

There's been no mention of KH appearing at Jump Festa, and even if 2.9 does come out next year, it probably won't be until November at the earliest, given the recent trend.

There is hope that KH 2.8 will be shown at Playstation experience, but I don't want to raise someone's expectations. :D

Moving on politely people .....................

Sorry..... :(

*Ahem* Civil discussion is indeed key....especially when you're not slandering the staff who work so hard... :

Anyway, we still have one more day of D23 and if it doesn't show, then we just gotta wait 'till 2.8 releases and by then, they'll be giving more news anyway for our great News Team to report on. :) Yes you are great, contrary to anything I said prior.

I honestly don't know what's this video about. The official Square Enix Staff officially said it himself."Come on guys you should know better than to trust news reports that don't even have any SOURCES!We never announced that any trailer would be released and in general you should be more cautious about rumours. We also sort of did release an official statement/message."

he saying that SE never said that they would release the trailer online for the whole world to see. but i'm not sure what that last part means.

Edited by Keyblade master26

The amount of self-entitlement in this fanbase is insane. I mean damn I get that Disney keeps screwing the pooch with this video's release and it could be a bit grating, but the amount of complaining for days on end from "the blame game to Square, Nomura, Disney, their mothers, etc" is just ridiculous especially since D23 isn't even over yet. 

Relax, KH fanbase. You won't die over the lack of video featuring a fictional kid with his giant key fighting with his duck and dog.

Posted Image

Edited by Wyatt Tyson

The amount of self-entitlement in this fanbase is insane. I mean damn I get that Disney keeps screwing the pooch with this video's release and it could be a bit grating, but the amount of complaining for days on end from "the blame game to Square, Nomura, Disney, their mothers, etc" is just ridiculous especially since D23 isn't even over yet. 

Relax, KH fanbase. You won't die over the lack of video featuring a fictional kid with his giant key fighting with his duck and dog.

Posted Image

*eats Snickers*

Posted Image

True that xD

ahhhhh....if only life was like smash bros., i would just run up to disney and SE and falcon punch them square in the face *munches on fries with sea salt* 

.....so yet again the no.1 lesson here is NEVER TRUST SQUARE and to a lesser extent DISNEY 

ahhhhh....if only life was like smash bros., i would just run up to disney and SE and falcon punch them square in the face *munches on fries with sea salt* 

.....so yet again the no.1 lesson here is NEVER TRUST SQUARE and to a lesser extent DISNEY 

Let's wait for D23 to be over first.

Let's wait for D23 to be over first.

hmmm.....ok but i'll still be eating my angry burger, salty fries, and validation tea while we wait. oh and we should start #don'tletthedreamdrop for this if they don't release it by then.

If nothing else, this has been a lesson in not letting hype take over our souls. I'm absolutely guilty of this as well. New information is exciting, but restraint in expectations is healthy. 

Silly Disney.

So fed up with Disney. This is the second time they've pulled this shit. We probably shouldn't expect anything from next year's D23s either.

I get that Disney is the most powerful entertainment conglomerate in the world, however, they're not stupid enough to pull this bollocks. This is Square Enix's fault. Disney of America never placed an embargo on their news reveal. Stop blaming Disney for something that they did not do.

Edited by Guest

I get that Disney is the most powerful entertainment conglomerate in the world, however, they're not stupid enough to pull this bollocks. This is Square Enix's fault. Disney of America never placed an embargo on their news reveal. Stop blaming Disney for something that they did not do.

It's disney's event, and disney owns the franchise. I'm pretty sure it's all on disney. Either way, let's not go playing the blame game until the day after D23 is over.

It's disney's event, and disney owns the franchise. I'm pretty sure it's all on disney. Either way, let's not go playing the blame game until the day after D23 is over.

As Square Enix are the game developers, it's Square Enix that has the right to release the trailers. If it was Disney then why didn't D23 Japan itself have an embargo? or better yet, why did the information for Anaheim's D23 be released immediately after it finished airing? Why was the embargo not there?

While people might question the validity of being upset over a trailer reveal that was technically never promised, I think the vocal discontent is a long overdue reaction to Square's regular pleas to "be patient" and "be excited," and then did nothing to reward our patience or give us anything to be excited about.

As Square Enix are the game developers, it's Square Enix that has the right to release the trailers. If it was Disney then why didn't D23 Japan itself have an embargo? or better yet, why did the information for Anaheim's D23 be released immediately after it finished airing? Why was the embargo not there?

Do they, now? Source yourself, then. Why didn't D23 Japan have an embargo? Because what was there to have an embargo for? Why was the D23 Anaheim information released then? I don't know, could be that the nature of that event was different from this, considering this event covered much more, and this event is considered "Premium." It's in the title, dude.

Edited by ShadowKeyblade

Do they, now? Source yourself, then. Why didn't D23 Japan have an embargo? Because what was there to have an embargo for? Why was the D23 Anaheim information released then? I don't know, could be that the nature of that event was different from this, considering this event covered much more, and this even is considered "Premium." It's in the title, dude.

Are you trying to defend Square Enix? Because Disney Anaheim had "premium" content in plenty of events that were equivalent to the "premium theater" and footage of those were released to the public. Premium or not, Square Enix could have easily stated in advanced that the trailer would not be released immediately after D23. Better yet, if it really was Disney, Disney would have explicitly stated that the "content would be exclusive!". This is Square Enix's fault. Full stop.

There was an embargo due to a second showing at D23. After that it was lifted I believe. Disney is in charge of promotions since they own KH and so prove SE has any say over what's released from a Disney event. Now separately after the event- well that I'm not sure about.

it's stuff like this that makes the KH fanbase look like a bunch of rabid lunatics

I don't think there's any fanbase out there that does not consist of rabid lunatics one way or another... ^^'Anyway, despite the hype being generated all over the year and the disappointment still lingering, what I would like most right now is some clarity. At least for once. We all know they like to be extremely ambiguous with everything, but it would let the rage die down eventually. As much as I can understand the disappointment, the hate is becoming more and more tiring by the second. Personally, I enjoy the hype because it's fun seeing people get passionate and giddy over it, but all this negativity is not helping. Admittedly, they handled it poorly but what else is new?Then there's the fact that one source says that they received official word from Square Enix that the trailer release is TBD. Another makes it seem like there won't be any at all. If a week has passed after D23 and there still is neither a trailer nor any news regarding it, it would be best just to say not to expect anything anymore. The fans would rage and rant some more, but it would eventually be forgotten and people can move on.But for now, as quite a few have said it already, let them finish D23 and wait for a few more days. Edited by Merilly