Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Sora96

KH3 could have collector's edition exclusive DLC

It is a very terrible trend to start. Not only does it hurt a current fanbase and turn off any future fanbase, but it just flat out deprives the company of money. Bungie faced a similar problem when they released the Taken King (not offering certain DLC to current players). Square probably hasn't received a whole lot of backlash about this yet because neither of those titles are necessarily big hitters, but if they do anything like this with FFXV or KH3 they will definitely face a large amount of backlash. I tend to buy collector's editions, but I will still be pissed if they keep this trend up.

Isn't DLC not a thing in Kingdom Hearts?

There's only really been one game since Square Enix started doing DLC and with that they probably simply didn't have time. They had KH3 and 1.5 in development at that time.

Well, that might be pretty stupid. Regardless though, if there will be such a thing available to us that's likely the version I am going to aim for anyway. I just hope it's a fair thing and it's not something that only Japan gets while we're stuck with little more than the standard edition of the game.

Hopefully, Disney Interactive may intervene on this predicament and make them reconsider.

Who said that KH will even get DLC to begin with? They haven't even done anything that screams DLC yet

The main games in the Kingdom Hearts series have had Final Mixes, which is arguably similar to DLC, and Square Enix has been obsessed with DLC for years now. It's pretty obvious that Kingdom Hearts 3 will have DLC. But don't be angry, because that means there won't be Japan exclusive Final Mixes anymore.

I really want Kingdom Hearts 3 to have DLC so that I won't have to buy the game over again in a foreign language, or wait a million years for an HD remaster. If Kingdom Hearts 3 doesn't have DLC then we should be afraid. Having DLC exclusive to a collector's edition is pretty crappy, but all in all the better of two evils.

Edited by A Heartless Nobody

Ummm, as I pointed out they're already doing it with their even bigger franchises.

Yes, I know. I was saying that given how it is the norm for companies to release exclusive DLC these days, and Square especially, then we can expect it for KH3.

Well what would the DLC really be, unlike most of Square's other games Kingdom Hearts don't really use the whole Costume mechanic (and I don't see them implementing it in Kingdom Hearts 3) and DLC weapons would be a waste as well considering that you only have one specific weapon that just has different keychains you get by completing a world or finding it in a chest, again something I don't think they will do.  And the only other thing I can think of is like mission based DLC which again Kingdom Hearts is a game that doesn't work on a mission system (unless they decide to change that and boy howdy will that cause some controversy among the fans) unless they add like a specific cup in the Coliseum where you fight enemies or a tough opponent that's really the only thing they can do

Don't think they'll care.

You never know. Disney Infinity hasn't really had any abusive DLC practices (as far as I heard). Besides, Square Enix is eastern orientated, Disney is western orientated; I'm pretty sure they'll find a middle ground.

You must not have been paying attention the those special events that give you a code to gain a Pokemon from the Pokemon Centers

That is not DLC, it's just an event. Game Freak has said Pokémon main games won't ever have DLC, or that at least they don't think DLC fits the franchise.

EDIT: Also, by the way, if I remember correctly, Disney has said they don't like DLC. Why are we having this discussion then? Did they change their minds?

Edited by G-SANtos

That is not DLC, it's just an event. Game Freak has said Pokémon main games won't ever have DLC, or that at least they don't think DLC fits the franchise.

EDIT: Also, by the way, if I remember correctly, Disney has said they don't like DLC. Why are we having this discussion then? Did they change their minds?

Square Enix decides the DLC, it comes under game development.

If it's something small, I doubt I'd care much. If it's something major, then KHIII will probably be my last game in the series. It'd just lead to similar practices in future titles, and from what I've seen, Square isn't the best company around in terms of DLC.

If it's something small, I doubt I'd care much. If it's something major, then KHIII will probably be my last game in the series. It'd just lead to similar practices in future titles, and from what I've seen, Square isn't the best company around in terms of DLC.

I just told you their latest DLC titles.

I wouldn't call making the true ending of the game into paid DLC better than this, personally, and I heard that's what they did with XIII-2.

Technically it was what was happening at another part of the world during the ending. And they have it available cheaply and available to all unlike my above examples. It has also been included for free in all releases since. Additionally, the team understands people didn't like it and made sure all the DLC for Lightning Returns was great and made sense.