Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SnowPint7Fourths

New gameplay & story updates coming to Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ

A new mysterious item known as a ‘strength bundle’ can be obtained at the beginning of December in Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ which allows players access to brand new six-star strength medals to be used in combat. The medals' abilities will be increased dramatically and will unlock the sixth level of the medals' true power.

You will be able to equip a full deck of six star medals to the Keyblade from the 19th November 20:00 (JST) and Square Enix will also begin to add villain and darkness ‘reverse’ medals, which include the Wicked Witch disguise medal. These medals can be used alongside the more powerful silver and gold ‘upright medals’.

In preparation for the new ‘strength bundle’ the deck cost for the Keyblades increased dramatically, with the addition of a special avatar board. The bonuses on the board can be obtained through collecting jewels in daily challenges and as a usual login bonus. In addition, Cid medals will be given out more frequently with campaigns and events.

There is a chance to obtain more synthesis medals, sold medals and progression medals. These can be obtained through purchasing the 3000 jewel prize draw and the 1400 jewel draw available once per week. (Players who bought these will already have these medals unlocked.) These can be also be gained through the ‘All Daily Quests Open Until Sunday’ bonus and brand new quests that allow you to obtain a Cid medal everyday.

It appears we are going to receive the most exciting story update yet! In this monthly update, Unchained χ will tell Olympus Coliseum's final chapter by introducing familiar Disney characters and the Underworld to the story. The story will also begin to introduce the mysterious character Ephemera from Japan’s web based counterpart [Chi].

Thanks to KH13 News Team member Kayla Copeland (nichiei.translations@gmail.com) for full translations of the original article. The translations and images from the article can be found below:

KHUx Development News #2

Thank you for always using [KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained x]!

To all of you who explore every nook and cranny of the contents of this game, we would like to introduce to you a new update related to medal growth.

-New “Power” Strength Bundle! (Starting sometime in the first ten days of December onward)

Along with the added content for continuing the main quest in December, a mystery item, “Strength Bundle,” will be obtainable.

Once you've got the Strength Bundle, you can open new strength for your medals--up to six stars.

By combining the same medals, you'll unlock the sixth level of ability strength for medal growth, and your abilities will drastically be strengthened.

*We suggest that you strength the abilities of your favorite medals.

-”Two Types of Medals” --Their true strength is unleashed! ( Starting sometime in the first ten days of December onward)

Hereafter, “Villains” and “Darkness” characters' “reversal medals” will be added in order.

“Keyblade Abilities” that draw out one's true power will be unleashed from the silver and gold “Upright Medals” that make up most of the current medals, as well as from the black “Reversal medals.”

-Now you can equip five six-star medals in your deck! (Starting 11/19 at 8pm)

Because of the deck cost limitations up to this point, you could create a deck mixed with six and five-star medals, but in preparation for the “Strength Bundle,” a new “Special Avatar Board” will be added to let you equip a deck of all six-star medals by expending jewels.

By obtaining jewels by logging in and completing the daily jewel challenges, you can dominate the “Special Avatar Board.”

In addition, we'd like to inform you that upcoming campaigns and events will make the “Cid” card, which lowers medal costs, easier to get.

Use these features to make an even stronger deck than before.

-Development of an accelerating story! (From the end of November onward)

In the latter half of November, we plan to add on to the main story as is necessary.

You'll get the concluding episode of Olympus Coliseum!

And who is the mysterious new character who appeared in Daybreak Town?

-A new quest added to help medal growth! (Starting 11/19 at 8pm)

In order to add six-star medals to your deck, even more synthesis medals are needed.

If you purchase the “1400 Jewel” bonus available once a week, in addition to the “Total Jewel 3000” bonus and the “All Daily Quests Open Until Sunday” bonus, a new special quest that allows you to obtain synthesis medals, sold medals, and progression medals all at once, as well as a new quest that allows you to get Cid every day, will be unlocked.

*Players who have already bought it this week will already have it unlocked.

Use these special quests to perfect your deck.

Please look forward to what's to come for [KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained x]!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Are you looking forward to the upcoming updates of Unchained χ? Let us know in the comments section below!

Click here to view the article

I sure hope we get an up to date version of this when it releases internationally

It would suck if we were months behind the Japanese version

I can say with like 99% certainty it'll be behind.  That's what always happens when the NA / International version of a JP first mobile game comes out.  

It sucks, and its why I always stick with the JP version.  

The way they treat western fans is disgusting. We're the reason the game sold nearly as well as it did and  they're still with this garbage of releasing the English version whenever they feel like. I bet the story will be done for Japan by the time we get the English version.

So I dunno where else to ask about this but! I seem to have problems with updating my KH Unchained X from version 1.0.3 to version 1.0.5. When I try to update it from https://apkpure.com/region-free-apk-download it just keeps telling me "App not installed" once the installation is complete. and ive tried downloading all versions (1.0.3 / 1.0.4 / 1.0.5) but all of them are just giving me the same answer. So if anyone happens to know how to fix this, then please pm me back :)

I'm more looking forward to it getting released in the United States. Seriously, when are they going to give us a date already? Localization has got to be done by now, or at least nearly complete.

Why is a mobile game so hard to localise? If there's no voice acting then there should be no issue... it's like Square Enix forgot that they have an international fanbase in the first place!

out of curiosity...just exactly how much work do people think needs to go into a localisation? KHUx isn't nearly on the same scale, but this article might give some insight into the process (and the problems).

also it's...it's not like it's the localisation team working on jpn gameplay updates............

out of curiosity...just exactly how much work do people think needs to go into a localisation? KHUx isn't nearly on the same scale, but this article might give some insight into the process (and the problems).

also it's...it's not like it's the localisation team working on jpn gameplay updates............

It's just that it's really hard to judge just how long it takes them when they don't give us any word about how the English version is progressing. All we got was one teaser trailer and then complete silence after that. We might not even need to hear a release date, we just want to hear SOME kind of news regarding the progress of the localized version, at least some kind of reminder that we actually are getting this game.

The "strength bundle" (I think it's actually a bangle, a bracelet) is not really that mysterious, it let's you collect Guilt like in [chi] when you reach level 20.

The implication of what Guilt actually might be is the mysterious part of the whole affair.

We only know that because they showed that picture, bummer.  Wai you spoil yourselves SE :(

I'm more curious about the 6th Skill up buff for 6 stars.  Really curious how they'll make it powerful enough to be good while not making it totally OP.

Edited by Emuemuman

Who's excited for the new content update tomorrow?

lately it feels like the speed medals are getting left out.

Last week they weren't half AP, this week an update is probably gonna cock-block them too somehow.

Who's excited for the new content update tomorrow?

/raises hand :D

EDIT: going off the announcement that was just posted, these 25 new quests will finish up the Coliseum storyline. Looks like we'll be meeting Cloud!

Additionally, the max level of Olympia's going to be raised. (To what, though, that's the question...)

Edited by minamoto

/raises hand :D

EDIT: going off the announcement that was just posted, these 25 new quests will finish up the Coliseum storyline. Looks like we'll be meeting Cloud!

Additionally, the max level of Olympia's going to be raised. (To what, though, that's the question...)

Interesting issue in my mind.  If they make Olympia relevant by giving it the 5 slots, it'll cost 3 Orichals.  But, for those of us that have maxed everything it will only be possible to have 2 of the (expected) 3 needed.  Sooo, they'll need  an Orichal event then I guess if they want to go that route.  

Very excited for the update, been waiting.  I'm trying to save jewels for when reverse's come out in force, but its so hard :(   Been distracting myself with steady progress in other areas.  

Edited by Emuemuman

Interesting issue in my mind.  If they make Olympia relevant by giving it the 5 slots, it'll cost 3 Orichals.  But, for those of us that have maxed everything it will only be possible to have 2 of the (expected) 3 needed.  Sooo, they'll need  an Orichal event then I guess if they want to go that route.  

Very excited for the update, been waiting.  I'm trying to save jewels for when reverse's come out in force, but its so hard :(   Been distracting myself with steady progress in other areas.  

you get an orichalcum every 25 story quests, so we might just have to suck it up and wait to get them through those... I think they'll probably go that route, with maybe another one or two added in quests like the proud quests.

ahhHH i completely forgot about saving jewels for the reverse medals! i hope they're releasing more than just the evil queen in the first wave. i've been so focussed on the new jewel boards (i'm a sucker for costumes, what can I say) but they're really good about giving us opportunities to get jewels so I'm glad about that.

you get an orichalcum every 25 story quests, so we might just have to suck it up and wait to get them through those... I think they'll probably go that route, with maybe another one or two added in quests like the proud quests.

ahhHH i completely forgot about saving jewels for the reverse medals! i hope they're releasing more than just the evil queen in the first wave. i've been so focussed on the new jewel boards (i'm a sucker for costumes, what can I say) but they're really good about giving us opportunities to get jewels so I'm glad about that.

Hah yeah I know that feels.  I spent a lot on the jewel boards too, mostly to unlock my third 6 star slot on all my keyblades.  Its getting so hard to many all the costume pieces that I like now, its like a rotation lol

Is it really just the evil queen?  Probably won't even pull for that if so, I want some epic villains like Ansem Riku.  

Edited by Emuemuman