Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

why do most of the kingdom hearts games only go to level 99? In kingdome hearts 1 it gos to level 100 but after that they stoped and only went to level 99. Why is this and do you rhink it will be this way for 2.8 and 3?

Edited by sora473

why do most of the kingdom hearts games only go to level 99? In kingdome hearts 1 it gos to level 100 but after that they stoped and only went to level 99. Why is this and do you rhink it will be this way for 2.8 and 3?

It does that? I thought all of the KH games go up to 100? 

I would assume it's something to do with the programming, like to avoid having the 3 digits available in memory when there's only one value that's ever there (100, like you don't get to 101) or cut off overflow.  

It does that? I thought all of the KH games go up to 100? 

I don't know the exact ones but some do only go to 100 some only 99.  

In KH1 and Days you can go up to Lv. 100.

KH2, re:coded and DDD only go up to 99. If I remember correctly, CoM and BBS also only go up to 99, but I never bothered going that high in CoM and I haven't finished BBS so yeah.

Do people even level up to that high?

... Sometimes.

Well the first KH tried it to be cool and different from Final Fantasy. But I guess they decided people like lvl 99 because that's the max level in FF. (The ones I've played at least) ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by JBone

I've always found this odd as well!  I really don't know why Square decided to cap off the level limit to 99 instead of leaving it at 100, but hey, I guess that's just one of those mysteries left in the air, ya know?  It'd be cool if for Kingdom Hearts III, we'd be able to reach level 100! 

Do people even level up to that high?

before going to fight the final boss in any kingdom hearts game I always level up to 99

I've always found this odd as well!  I really don't know why Square decided to cap off the level limit to 99 instead of leaving it at 100, but hey, I guess that's just one of those mysteries left in the air, ya know?  It'd be cool if for Kingdom Hearts III, we'd be able to reach level 100! 

Yeah I would to and I guess it is just one of those things that they just changed for... well who knows -.-

Edited by sora473

before going to fight the final boss in any kingdom hearts game I always level up to 99

Props to you.  If I attempted that, I'd never finish the game.

Props to you.  If I attempted that, I'd never finish the game.

it takes longer then you think it took me about 3 weeks to beat the 2.5