Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
VisitJoan

Is there a quote from the Kingdom Hearts series that you applied to your life?

Is there a quote from the Kingdom Hearts series that you applied to your life?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a quote from the Kingdom Hearts series that you applied to your life?

• There is! A particular line from the series changed the way I live my life.
    • There were some inspiring quotes that got me to do something one time.
    • There was a pretty cool line I like to use.
    • I remember a few very memorable lines from the series.
    • No, none of them really stuck out for me.
    • Another Option? Tell us below!

"Don't ever forget, wherever you go... I'm always with you." I tried applying this one, but you can only get so many restraining orders...

"I've been having these weird thoughts lately.... Like, is any of this for real... or not?" I'm sure this is how a lot of people feel on 4/20.

On a serious note, one of my favorite quotes has to be when Sora tells Roxas he's himself. Really hits home. You're you. You can only be you. "You do you. I'll do me. And we won't do each other...probably." - Markiplier 2014

Edited by Jaune Arc

Some of the quotes that stick out the most for me from the series are:

• My friends are my power!
  • Protect the things that matter.
  • I'll always be there to get my friends back!

Those three are particularly hair raising, and they just make me smile from ear to ear every time I hear them!  Definitely some inspiring stuff there!  Friends are indeed one's power, as they are a second family apart from one's original family!  With friends, you're able to draw strength from where you never thought you'd be able to! And having that strength is necessary in order to protect the things that matter, which is the things that we love!  And no matter what happens to our friends and loved ones, we should always be prepared to bring them back, no matter how hard life deals blows to them!

Got that memorized? ;)

I don't know if there was a quote in particular that applied to my life, but the whole Kingdom Hearts Series has really applied to my life. It serves as a reminder of what I've been taught about life by my father. Despite the Kingdom Hearts Series is woven into fantasy and fiction, it just reminds me of life in the real world. It's like poetry that expresses the world around us. 

This might have been the answer I'm seeking.... 

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

I don't know if there was a quote in particular that applied to my life, but the whole Kingdom Hearts Series has really applied to my life. It serves as a reminder of what I've been taught of life by my father. Despite the Kingdom Hearts Series is woven into fantasy and fiction, it just reminds me of life in the real world. It's like poetry that expresses the world around us. 

This might have been the answer I'm seeking.... 

Wow...that's one really awesome response!  I think we can safely assume that the Kingdom Hearts series as a whole has impacted all of us in some way or another, and it just goes to show that a video game series is indeed capable of such a feat! :D

"The closer you are to light, the greater your shadow becomes." I know it's ominous but it also gets me thinking. The intensity of one side affects the intensity of the other. Taken literally, your shadow doesn't look all that noticeable until you're in front of a strong light source, then it becomes very deep. Or, picture a painting that's white with a bunch of black splotches, versus an otherwise stark white painting with a single prick of black in the middle. You'll notice the black in the second picture more than the first, where the black is more evenly distributed, right? It can be like how the awesomeness of victory is proportional to the danger you have to face, or not seeing where you truly stand until you compare yourself to someone else, or being afraid to succeed because failure is too scary.

The more perfect something is, the more you'll notice what's not perfect -- the flaws stand out more. Or, the higher up you go in success, the greater the consequences for screwing up (the bigger you are, the harder you fall). Or, you might not notice how selfish you are until you meet someone who's truly altruistic and see the kinds of things you do -- your selfishness didn't really stand out until you met that generous person. Or maybe you're actually fairly kind, but you don't notice how far kindness can truly go until, say, you see someone sacrifice everything for a cause. Somehow your brightness isn't all that bright compared to them.

But for the consequences to be great, or the light to be strong, it means you're in a position where you're accomplishing something worthwhile i.e. you're closer to light. If you're playing pro baseball and you strike out your team, then that's pretty much a disaster. But if you're just playing with your friends in a backyard, is a strike-out that big a deal? Does the success/failure of a huge corporation seem as grand in scope as the success/failure of a mom-and-pop shop? (Well, okay, that depends on how you're measuring that success; the family-run shop might not rake in millions, but it probably has more personal meaning for its employees). You only fall as high as you've climbed.

I dunno if I explained myself well. It makes sense in my head. But yeah, that's my two cents on a line about killing shadow thingies with big keys.

Wow...that's one really awesome response!  I think we can safely assume that the Kingdom Hearts series as a whole has impacted all of us in some way or another, and it just goes to show that a video game series is indeed capable of such a feat! :D

Thanks. And your response is awesome too. I believe it really did impact us some how. We felt a whole lot of emotions when playing the games, loving the characters, listening to the music, and loving the story. We can somewhat relate of the things that has happen in the games. Makes me feel happy a game series like Kingdom Hearts exists. :)

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

"I walk the road to dawn!" -Riku to DiZ

"Consume the darkness, return it to light!" -Riku to Ansem SoD

"It's Riku." - after Ansem the Wise asked Riku what his name is in DDD.

"Your body submits, your heart succumbs, so why does your mind resist?" - Terranort

Most powerful quotes here. They inspired me so much and I can easily apply them in my life.

"I'm me! And nobody else! 

That one..I don't know... it always stood out for me. You can't change who you are, so just accept it.

"We may never see each other again, but we'll never forget each other" Just kinda applies to every old friend you've ever had. 

I think I misquoted those

"I'm me! And nobody else! 

That one..I don't know... it always stood out for me. You can't change who you are, so just accept it.

"We may never see each other again, but we'll never forget each other" Just kinda applies to every old friend you've ever had. 

I think I misquoted those

This and one more:

The (secondary) tagline for Birth By Sleep:

"Destiny is never left to chance". Personally, I think of this quote as pertaining to say that your life and problems and achievements were made by you, and not by fate, and if need be, you have the chance to correct it, not fate. It shows that fate is not a force that has much control over your life, not intertwined with your unique existence, but rather, it's there to remind you that your actions make, or mold you, into whatever you want to be in the end. Not fate. The line is pretty deep.

"There's more to a heart than just anger or hate. It's full of all kinds of feelings."

"No matter how far away we are, our hearts will bring us together again."

Just a couple quotes that stick out.

They are many quotes from Kingdom Hearts that have inspired me. And in many ways some of themy can be used in my own life. But the few that I use today are:

Naminé: "I'm sorry. I guess somethings really are better left unsaid."

Axel: "My thoughts exactly. If you have a dream don't wait, act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?"

Hayner: "Well I doubt we'll be together forever. Isn'the that what'she growing up all about. What's important isn't how often we see each other, but how often we think about each other. Right?"

These are some of the quotes that really have impact on my life right now. And that's why I love Kingdom Hearts so much for some of the life lessons it teaches us.

Edited by riku1995

This is a full-on quote from the KH3 trailer.

YMX: "And on that day, light will expire and darkness will prevail. It's already been written."

This is what I feel like I am normally told by others.

But here's what I wanna say right back:

Young Eraqus: "But who's to say I can't change it? There's more light than meets the eye. You might be surprised!"

Translated to real-life issue:

YMX: "This is what must be done!" "You have no choice but to do this!" "You cannot do otherwise!"

Young Eraqus: "You could be wrong. Who says I can't decide? There's more possibilities than what comes to mind. You'll probably be surprised."

Aww yes, Eraqus MLG!

And I think there was a quote from Data-Sora in Re:Coded, but I can't remember it completely. Oh well. xD

Rock on!

The advance vocabulary used within the Kingdom Hearts series is arguably one of my favourite elements in the entire series!

There are a lot of amazing quotes in the KH series.

We've got many shown in cutscenes, such as "My friends are my power, and I'm theirs!", "One who knows nothing can understand nothing", "Suppose there are other worlds... then this is a part of another one much greater" (this last one may not be completely right)...

But, we cannot forget the battle quotes, especially, Marluxia's ("Your heart will be shattered!", "Your heart shall be judged!", "So you are a hero...", "To the world without light!", "The begining of the end!", "Scatter to oblivion!", "Lose everything", "Soak in dispair!", "Do you want to scream?", "Break the curse with your cards!", "The cards shall determine your fate!", "Your heart is now in shackels!", "This... this is the heart of a hero!"...) and Ansem's from KH1 ("Still confused? Then perhaps this will enlighten you!", "Welcome the darkness into your hearts", "Turn to darkness!"...), but there are also other good ones, like Sora, the other Organization XIII members ("Dance, water dance!", "You're too much trouble!"...), etc.

However, if we combined both, the best one is no other than Phill; this would be the result: "My lips are sealed..." "GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK!".

"My friends are my power!" But not for the same reason as most people. I actually take this quote as a warning, and try to avoid it's teaching, which has helped me a lot. I love my friends, family, and people in general, but I've also learned that if you rely too heavily on others to strengthen you, you'll never learn to stand on your own. There comes a time in everyone's life when you have to do things alone. And that's okay, because when it's all said and done, more often than not, a true friend will be there to welcome you back into the marvelous Light~

Thanks. And your response is awesome too. I believe it really did impact us some how. We felt a whole lot of emotions when playing the games, loving the characters, listening to the music, and loving the story. We can somewhat relate of the things that has happen in the games. Makes me feel happy a game series like Kingdom Hearts exists. :)

You're welcome, and thanks! :D

And yeah, I thank God that Nomura decided to create Kingdom Hearts, because I truly believe that by doing so, he created something immensely special, something that'll stand the test of time for generations!  I agree with you that the games have impacted us on an emotionally personal scale, and I can especially say this because of Riku's character.  His struggles mirror a phase I went through in my younger years, and well, looking back, I'm really glad I got to know the Kingdom Hearts series, ya know? :D