Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TheKingdomkid

Anime | Manga Shiro Amano states that the Kingdom Hearts manga series is over

The writer and artist of the Kingdom Hearts manga, Shiro Amano, has informed us today via an official statement on Twitter, that the manga series has come to a close. Shiro Amano confirmed he will no longer be creating any further manga's based on the Kingdom Hearts video game franchise. A translation of Amano's tweet can be read below thanks to Katie Armstrong (karmstrong0932@gmail.com):

So sad. Because the Kingdom Hearts manga has ended, tweets related to [KH] will probably also end. Feel free to unfollow me because of this. Thank you all so much.

The Kingdom Hearts manga began twelve years ago in 2003 and told the stories of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts II. The final manga and tenth volume of Kingdom Hearts II was released in Japan in August. The manga is well known for its humor, additional story elements, and slight alterations in plot to the franchises' original games. The manga that have yet to be released in English will still be published by Yen Press in the US.

What are your thoughts on the Kingdom Hearts manga ending? Do you have a favorite section with in the manga you would like to share? Let us know in the comments section below!

Click here to view the article

I feel like there's plenty of more material to cover. But still I think it's odd for it to take more than five years to complete the Kingdom Hearts 2 Manga.

He took a break to do 358/2 Days.

The writer and artist, Shiro Amano, who created the enjoyable Kingdom Hearts manga episodes has informed us today via an official statement on twitter, that unfortunately the manga episodes have come to a close. Shiro Amano confirmed he will no longer be creating any further Manga's based on the Kingdom Hearts video game franchise. 

"Since the Kingdom Hearts manga is finished…is probably no longer the future." 

https://twitter.com/h141127/status/667943678162284546

The Kingdom Hearts Manga began twelve years ago in 2003 and told the stories of 'Kingdom Hearts', 'Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories', 'Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days' and 'Kingdom Hearts II'. The final manga and tenth volume of Kingdom Hearts II was released earlier this year in August. The Manga's we're loved by many fans and known for it's humour, additional story elements and slight alternations in plot to the franchises' original games. The manga's will still be published by Yen Press in the USA. 

What are your thoughts on the Kingdom Hearts manga ending? Do you have a favourite section with in the manga's you would like to share? Let us know in the comments section below!

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by SnowPint7Fourths

He just said that he's giving up on it but no reason why? legal issues? convoluted plot with enormous plot holes? issues with the rights of representing iconic Disney characters? What's the loss of motivation?

WHAT!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I WAS HOPING IT WOULD CONTINUE AT LEAST UNTIL KH3!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

Why is everything I love ending...? T3T"

Well, as long as KH2 is complete, I guess it's satisfying enough. I was really hoping for BbS, Re:Coded, DDD, and KH3 next though.

Why is he ending it though? Is he just tired of doing it or out of creativity (which would be strange since you're just adapting something that already exists, just adding humor and other elements into it), or are there other factors at work here? Maybe Disney or Square just aren't interested in it continuing anymore or aren't going to keep funding it? I'd really like to know the reason why such a great and promising manga, the first manga to ever get me into mangas in the first place, is just up and ending all of the sudden when it has so much further yet to go.

Couldn't someone else pick up the manga, or is it just entirely up to Amano for a KH manga to exist and he for whatever reason won't do it anymore and so therefore no more KH manga?

I have so many questions, I just need to know. ToT