Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- Impressions

CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- is an action role-playing game developed and published by Square Enix for the PlayStation Portable. Directed by Hajime Tabata, written by Kazushige Nojima, composed by Takeharu Ishimoto, with executive producer Yoshinori Kitase and creative producer Tetsuya Nomura.

The game serves as a prequel to FINAL FANTASY VII, set seven years before the events of the classic RPG. Many key members of the original development team for the game returned to work on the prequel including director Yoshinori Kitase, scenario writer Kazushige Nojima, co-base story writer & battle visual director, Tetsuya Nomura and others.

Similar to LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII, you'll be controlling just one character for the duration of the game, Zack Fair. Zack is a SOLDIER and is early in the game promoted to the highest rank.

There is an interesting story here that sets up the world as players would know in it in FINAL FANTASY VII. You also meet key characters from VII including the great ninja, Yuffie as a child along with Aerith (No, it's no Aeris) and Cloud. My highlight of the story so far is Sephiroth. We're so used to just seeing him in patches and when we do he seems one dimensional and all he's there for is to fight Cloud. Now with great voice acting I might add we see more depth to the character and get to hang with the one of the most popular villains in RPG history.

The battle system at the time was a massive change for the series with the staff used to turn-based and active-time battles, and it holds up well in 2015.

The music is well done but nothing's impressed me, where Ishimoto did later on with FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD.

The optional missions are odd. I feel like there's too much repetitiveness to them and just feel tacked on.

I've quite enjoyed Hajime Tabata directed games before. I gave TYPE-0 HD 9/10 and The 3rd Birthday 8/10.

My past experiences with FINAL FANTASY VII are limited to the wrong experiences. I gave DIRGE of CERBERUS a 7/10 and Advent Children Complete a 9/10 and of course I've played the various FINAL FANTASY spin-offs and KINGDOM HEARTS games. I've also watched all the FFVII content on the ACC Blu-ray. But I've never actually played the original. This will change soon with the PlayStation 4 port.

I've got a long way to go in this game still but I'm enjoying it. Look forward to my review upon completion.

Edited by Sora96

Neat!  I'm really glad to hear that you've started the game.  While the music is a little blah and some of the missions can be dull, the story line is just awesome and really progresses as you move along through it.  Good luck, and I hope that you enjoy the rest of the game. : )

The side missions are weird and repetitive,the only ones I liked were the boss battles rematch and a couple of the unique ones.I believe some of them unlock when you talk to some people but because its a linear game if you missed some missions at the end of the game you can't go back and unlock them,so you won't be able to fight the Super Boss of this game.

Oh dude, I love Crisis Core!  It's a pretty badass game with a great story, and you get to see many of the main characters from VII differently here!  And Cloud's personality is so different as well! :O

I haven't played the original, but I have played Crisis Core and watched Advent Children!  I need to get Dirge Of Cerberus and the FFVII PS4 Remake when it comes out! :D