Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Posted Image

As of yesterday, Chi enters into a 3-week long Christmas event, rich with gifts for all players! The main screen is decked in Christmas regalia, as the players await the 25th of December. Every day, each player will get a log-in bonus consisting of 12 Potions, 12 Ethers, and 1 Christmas Ticket. 

Each of the event Heartless drop gifts (ornaments and tickets) for the player. Ornaments can be traded in for draw chances for really cool items! 

The 50 ornament draw:

- Tree Hat

- Candle Hat

- Turkey Leg Hat

- Snow

- Sora & Jack SR+ (both Attack and Assist)

- Sora SR

- Santa Claus SR

- Counter II

- Berserk II

- Cure I

- HP UP IV

- Hybrid Up IV

- Guard Up IV

- Attack Up IV

- FGM SR

- FGM R+

- YS SR+

- YS SR

- Card Medal SR+

- Card Medal SR

- Kupo Nut

- Raise Ticket

- Ultimization Stone

- Ether (3)

- Potion (3)

- Mog Medals (200)

The 500 ornament draw:

- Tree Hat

- Candle Hat

- Turkey Leg Hat

- Snow

- Sora SR

- Santa Claus SR

- Counter II

- Berserk II

- Cure II

- Guilt Damage Plus

- Cure I

- HP Sacrifice I

- Last Revive II

- Reflect Guard II

- Combo Plus II

- Last Revive I

- Reflect Guard I

- Combo Plus I

- HP Up V 

- HP Up IV

- Hybrid Up V

- Hybrid Up IV

- Guard Up V

- Guard Up IV

- Attack Up V

- Attack Up IV

- Ultimate Attack Moogle SR+

- Ultimate Assist Moogle SR+

- FGM SR

- YS SR+

- Card Medal SR+ (2)

- Ultimization Stone

- Mog Medals (500)

- Moogle SR+ (3)

The 5000 ornament draw:

- Tree Hat

- Candle Hat

- Turkey Leg Hat

- Snow

- Counter III

- Counter II

- Berserk IV

- Berserk III

- Berserk II

- Cure II

- Cure I

- Guilt Damage Plus

- HP Sacrifice I

- Last Revive II

- Last Revive I

- Reflect Guard II

- Reflect Guard I

- Combo Plus II

- Combo Plus I

- HP UP V

- Hybrid Up VI

- Hybrid Up V

- Guard Up VI

- Guard Up V

- Attack Up VI

- Attack Up V

- Ultimate Attack Moogle SR+

- Ultimate Assist Moogle SR+

- FGM SR

- FGM SR+

- YS SR+

- Ultimization Stone

- Mog Medals (7777)

Christmas tickets are important too, as you'll need to collect lots of them so when maintenance starts on the 24th, you'll get lots of goodies in your present box on the 25th! How many tickets you obtain determines what prizes you'll get.

10-49 collected: YS SR+

50-99 collected: Reflect Guard II, Cloud&Leon SR+, YS SR+ x2

100-299 collected: Reflect Guard II, Cloud&Leon SR+ x2, YS SR+ x2, Combo II

300-499 collected: Reflect Guard II, Cloud&Leon SR+x2, YS SR+ x2, Combo II, Last Revive II

500-699 collected: Reflect Guard II, Cloud&Leon SR+x2, YS SR+ x2, Combo II, Last Revive II, Attack VI, Guard IV

700-799 collected: Reflect Guard II, Cloud&Leon SR+x2, YS SR+ x3, Combo II, Last Revive II, Attack VI, Guard IV, Ultimate Attack Moogle, Ultimate Assist Moogle, FGM SR+

800-899 collected: Reflect Guard II, Cloud&Leon SR+x3, YS SR+ x5, Combo II, Last Revive II, Attack VI, Guard IV, Ultimate Attack Moogle x3, Ultimate Assist Moogle x3, FGM SR+ x3

900+ collected: Reflect Guard II, Cloud&Leon SR+x4, YS SR+ x10, Combo II, Last Revive II, Attack VI, Guard IV, Ultimate Attack Moogle x5, Ultimate Assist Moogle x5, FGM SR+ x5

To get all of those cool prizes, you'll need to beat a lot of heartless. Using both event assist and attack cards will help you in your journey. The Kairi and Naminé Assist cards gotten via the Moogle in addition to the amazing payer-only cards will help you collect more ornaments ranging from 80% to 400% depending on which enemy you're taking down. Additionally, if you happen to have any of the cards from last year's event, they'll also increase your yield.

But to get the ornaments, you'll need to take down plenty of heartless, and some of the heartless are difficult opponents! You'll want to use boosted cards to help take them down! Event cards featuring the lovely cast in Christmas Town attire can help, as they have a damage multiplier when attacking event heartless. 

Finally, there are two sneaky event heartless - the level 77 gift shadow and the level 777 (a new high) gift bag - that give off lots of ornaments and even some Christmas tickets! They're hard to find, and have a respawn time of 10 hours, so make sure you time their demise out so you can beat lots of them!

How's your Christmas event going? Let us know while we share this marvelous time together in Chi!

Geez, SE needs to get to work on Unchained.  Our events are nowhere near as impressive as Chi.  I mean they've had a LOT more time for groundwork there, but still....

i think part of it is that they're limited by the mobile format and the gameplay - by simplifying things for mobile (which was necessary tbf) they've given up some opportunities for more complex event structures and rewards. (also this might just be my wrong impression, but it looks like chi is tilted more towards paying players - meanwhile you can be f2p with no problems in unchained imo.)

between the event boards they've been releasing and event-limited medals i'm honestly okay with events being the way they are, but i go kind of hard on them already xD

Just a friendly reminder to all of you competing heavily in this event - New Years Celebrations comes directly after and the loot you get from that (if we're going off previous years) is pretty awesome as well. Don't spread yourselves too thin.

i think part of it is that they're limited by the mobile format and the gameplay - by simplifying things for mobile (which was necessary tbf) they've given up some opportunities for more complex event structures and rewards. (also this might just be my wrong impression, but it looks like chi is tilted more towards paying players - meanwhile you can be f2p with no problems in unchained imo.)

between the event boards they've been releasing and event-limited medals i'm honestly okay with events being the way they are, but i go kind of hard on them already xD

I don't see why it has to be limited on mobile.  There are plenty of mobile games that have complex month long events, many of which are significantly more in depth then the Chi stuff.  It just looks kind of lazy to me, but eh :P

That said I'm sure we'll get a holiday event anyway, since we got one for Halloween.  I want to see a brand new Christmas Kairi unique to Unchained :)

And yeah Unchained is F2P friendly atm.  That could change depending on whether Max skilled 6 stars become necessary for new content.

Edited by Emuemuman

I don't see why it has to be limited on mobile.  There are plenty of mobile games that have complex month long events, many of which are significantly more in depth then the Chi stuff.  It just looks kind of lazy to me, but eh :P

That said I'm sure we'll get a holiday event anyway, since we got one for Halloween.  I want to see a brand new Christmas Kairi unique to Unchained :)

And yeah Unchained is F2P friendly atm.  That could change depending on whether Max skilled 6 stars become necessary for new content.

my other mobile games are all rhythm games which are even lazier so i guess i just have a different frame of reference xD i guess it also becomes an issue of average user engagement - how much of the player base would be willing to invest time & effort into a more complex event for a 'casual' mobile game?

but yeah, i agree! i think we'll see something on monday; iirc the past events have all started on mondays too. i'm kind of glad for this week off though, the endless cycle of events with no break has been a little exhausting.

the endless cycle of events with no break has been a little exhausting.

That's been Chi for about the last year and a half. We've had zero break since First Anniversary. A blessing and a curse.

That's been Chi for about the last year and a half. We've had zero break since First Anniversary. A blessing and a curse.

yikes!! that sounds insane. have people been burning out because of it, or?

yikes!! that sounds insane. have people been burning out because of it, or?

You learn to take breaks. Prioritize the events that you want to do well in, and if an event happens that doesn't strike your fancy, don't participate. For me, events like the Invisibles/goats/hammers (where the level of the heartless goes up depending on how long it took you to defeat it) are awesome breaks. Conserve where you can.