Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

What persona game should I play first

it seems like a lot of people on here like persona, so I'm interested in playing one of the games. Now my question to you is, what peresona game I should play first. I'm thinking about playing the persona game on the ps vita, but I'm not sure how the gameplay and the story's going to be. 

I asked this same question a few months ago.  Most people suggested either Persona 3 or 4, and then to go back and try 1 & 2.  I started with 3 on the PSP and I think it is a great entry point.

then I'll try out that game first then if I can. if I can't then i'll play persona 4.  

Edited by Luke Fon Fabre

I don't really suggest 1+2, but when you know enough the series, It's highly recommended. I could say both P3 Portable, or Persona 4/Golden.

P3P is a really good game, and can be played anywhere, has a different PSP exclusive storyline, but the anime scenes are cutted. It's nearer to the new players taste.

For the P4, It's only my second favorite despiteofteddie  but has an amazing storyline, great secrets, and has probably better builded characters.

If you want to play only one, I recommend either the Persona 3 movies, or the Persona 4 Animation. Both almost perfectly following the anime.

Despite tht the P3 makes the MC a truly emo killedwannabe sociopath who slowly understand the peoples. I still love he.

Personally I started with Persona 3 FES, it has the main story and an epilogue after the main story is over.

The only difference between PS2 and PSP is the epilogue in PS2 and Female MC in PSP (with a new secret boss from Persona 4!)

Persona 4 (PS2) is good too. I still don't play the Vita version because I don't have a Vita, but they made a few changes. PS2 didn't had customes, that was in the vita, they changed the voice actors for a couple of characters and they added a new character and social link (which means new scenes for that character) and more scenes near the year (in-game).

Persona 1 and 2 (Innocent sin AND Eternal punishment) have very different gameplay than P3 and P4. You should look them up and if the gameplay interest you then play them. Their story is not important for P3 and P4 aside from a few cameos in P3.

Persona 4 Arena 1 and 2 are fighting games and I still don't play Persona Q.

Whichever game you pick I hope you have fun :D

Either 3 or 4. Both are fantastic games, and whichever one you start with, you'll ultimately prefer, so I get the slight indecision. I started with 4, personally, and love it to death (and its assorted sequels). But 3 is also a great game.

In general, I say play Persona 3 for the plot and themes, play Persona 4 for the characters and gameplay.

Edited by BlankShell

If you have a PS3 you can get Persona 3 FES which is pretty much an expanded edition of the original game (like the final mix games of KH). Personally, this one is my favourite :)

If you have a Psvita get Persona 4 Golden which, once again, is an expanded version of the original game. If you want the full Persona experience go with this game, it's unbelievable amazing :)

Persona 1 & 2 I do not have but I've been meaning to get them!

Persona 4 arena and arena ultimax takes place after persona 4 so play that after if you ever do play P4

Persona Q is a spin-off which combines the characters of P3 and P4 in a Etrian Odyssey meets Persona game. I think i'm only half way through but so far it's cool :)

So the choice is yours! Hoped I helped! Have fun ^^

since you're playing on the Vita I would suggest you play Persona 3 Portable, then go for Persona 4 Golden. Playing P4 first may ruin P3 a bit in terms of gameplay since P4 was arguably a step up. Both are excellent games though so it's a win win. I thoroughly enjoyed P3P despite it playing more like a visual novel. After that you can have at the older titles if you feel like it but just know that they're a bit tougher to get into, combat-wise. Not impossible, just tougher. I'll admit I had to consult a FAQ towards the end of Persona 2 Innocent Sin for a boss fight that wrecked me sideways but for the most part it's not insanely hard. 

If you can, play either Persona 4 Golden(or the original, if you lack a Vita) or Persona 3 Portable. Both are great entry points for not just Persona, but also the rest of the Shin Megami Tensei series.