Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Sora96

Toriyama: "probably won't be a prequel" for FFX

In an interview with FFDream.com, a French Final Fantasy website back in 2013, Motomu Toriyama, the director of the Final Fantasy X series revealed they were about to make a prequel for FFX but the idea was scrapped and probably won't happen. Read the full quote below thanks to @BousfHearts.

"When we created a follow-up to FFX in the shape of FFX-2, it was a really good story with 3 girls that set out on an adventure. We had had that idea and we wanted to make a different one with Braska, Jecht and Auron. From the group of characters preceding X to the new generation after X. So if we made it, we'd have to create the point of departure, a prequel with all the men and women who grew at that time. That would take a lot of work. It was a good idea and we were about to make it but ultimately the idea was scrapped, so there probably won't be a prequel"

Probably would have been many years away anyway, they busy with VII Remake.

Well, seeing as Final Fantasy 10 is their second most financially profitable in the entire series: it's not entirely out of the question in the distant future.  :)

Well, seeing as Final Fantasy 10 is their second most financially profitable in the entire series: it's not entirely out of the question in the distant future.  :)

Nah, they'd do another sequel instead.

Funny story: Final Fantasy X was my first ever Final Fantasy game, but I knew nothing about the series (I wasn't that big into video games then). So when I saw the flashbacks of Braska, Jecht, and Auron, I foolishly thought "That seems cool! I'll have to check out Final Fantasy IX to get their story". Lol at me from the past.I wish the game would happen, but probably won't.

In an interview with FFDream.com, a French Final Fantasy website back in 2013, Motomu Toriyama, the director of the Final Fantasy X series revealed they were about to make a prequel for FFX but the idea was scrapped and probably won't happen. Read the full quote below thanks to @BousfHearts.

When I saw Toriyama, I thought immediately of Akira Toriyama, creator of Dragonball Z. xD

I would much rather prefer a X-3 anyway. But like you said, it is probably going to be a long while before we see any sort of announcement with FFVII Remake going on.

I would much rather prefer a X-3 anyway. But like you said, it is probably going to be a long while before we see any sort of announcement with FFVII Remake going on.

Yeah, the way I see it, with KH3, FFXV, FFVII Remake etc., it's going to be a long time before Square is able to have the resources and manpower for a project like FFX-3 or the prequel.

Yeah, the way I see it, with KH3, FFXV, FFVII Remake etc., it's going to be a long time before Square is able to have the resources and manpower for a project like FFX-3 or the prequel.

No, KH3 has nothing to do with it. It's being developed by the Osaka studio.

No, KH3 has nothing to do with it. It's being developed by the Osaka studio.

Really? Oh. In that case, it must've just been their own decision to scrap a game(s) like that then.

Edited by Rocketboy227

Nah, they'd do another sequel instead.

That's debatable. The trio of Jecht, Auron and Braska seems as much as pretty definitive idea for the X series.

Edited by Guest

That's debatable. The trio of Jecht, Auron and Braska seems as much as pretty definitive idea for the X series.

Hardly. Toriyama said there probably won't be a prequel, they've already scrapped that idea. Where the events that set up X-3 keep getting promoted.

Edited by Sora96