Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kyungshidae

Who do you think is the most angsty Kingdom Hearts character?

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the most angsty Kingdom Hearts character?

• Sora
    • Roxas
    • Riku
    • Cloud
    • Saix
    • Axel
    • Terra
    • Axel
    • Another option? Let us know down below!

Hmm, would Cloud even be a valid choice considering he's as angsty as he could be in Kingdom Hearts? :P

I would say Roxas just because of the amount of confusion he had to overcome through his life in the Organization.

He lost one best friend to forgotten memories, had to accept his fate and return to Sora, and also had to accept the fact

that a life he thought he had chosen and lived in his entire life was a lie. That seems pretty heavy to me, and I could

see him being in extreme anguish.

Edited by Rocketboy227

That's a tough one. Most of the characters in that list had their share of angst throughout the series.

But I'm going to give it to Riku as the king of angst in the first game. After that he became a badass though.

Of an actual new character in the KH series not coming from Disney or Final Fantasy, I would have to say Roxas. Because mainly, that is what he is, and I can relate at times. But of FF characters, Cloud takes the cake.

I think I'd have to go with Riku, because ever since he was possessed by Ansem, he was continuously haunted by him, and all the things he had done to his friends while being possessed, and he had to go through so much to overcome his darkness! He even sacrificed his body to turn himself into Ansem in order to defeat Roxas so Sora could awaken! It's only in Dream Drop Distance where we finally see Riku come on top! His efforts to conquer the darkness did good in the end! :D

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Roxas easily. Sure, Riku has been through some shit but at least he was able to overcome it and grow stronger from it to the point where he has his shit together, but for Roxas it's an entirely different story. He's only been alive for a little over a year, and throughout his entire life he has been constantly lied to, manipulated, and overall just shitted on by everyone around him. Not to mention that he struggles understanding everything around him in the first place. Sure, Xion goes through just as bad shit but at least she sorta has a happy ending (well, not happy ending but she at least accepts her fate better than Roxas although in KH2 he accepts his fate as well) you could argue that Roxas, Xion and Naminé all are angsty however Xion and Naminé are more understanding of their fate and how the world is far more than Roxas. With Roxas, he tries so damn hard to be his own person and to control his own fate, but sadly in the end he is forced to fail and is forced to accept what is to become of him. Sure, he is okay with being a part of Sora but he still is suffering because he can't be his own person and he can't enjoy a life with his closest friends (the scene where Sora cried in DDD from seeing Xion where it was Roxas inside crying omfg I can't)

I'm sorta rambling on and talking nonsense now- but to get back to my point, Roxas's entire existence is just nothing but lies, manipulation, and overall just him being used as a tool. Not once does he know what is going on, not even what's going on with his own self. And it's it's the fact that he tries so damn hard, and believes so damn hard that he could actually make his own fate and be his own self that makes it even worse.

Almost forgot, Riku certainly is up there but he has more revelation and closure with his inner battle against darkness. He wins especially in DDD, however again- Roxas' story doesn't really have that much of a justified ending other than him just being a part of Sora and that's just it.

I'm suprised Ventus isn't on here either. I'm not even going to go on another speech about him, but I still think Roxas is easily the most angsty character out of everyone. xD

Edited by Aqua7KH

Sora. Even if he manages to remain upeat and cheerful he carries the collective angst of everyone Xehanort has screwed over in the 11 years.

I also think sometmes the cherrful face is just a front so that those around him wont worry. Just sometimes.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

At first, Riku, but, he's managed to leave the past behind him so...

Roxas. Most definitely Roxas.

How would you feel if you were told that "...you were never suppose to exist?"

Honestly, everyone's been through things but Roxas has it all.

He's been constantly used for the sake of retrieving Sora's memories and had a fake "normal" life created so that he can feel "happy".

He's had pain { physically and mentally } about someone he doesn't even know { Sora }, at first, and finds out he is not, well, himself.

This young kid, literally finds out that he has no heart and no emotions and undergoes trauma and even close to depression because he was never suppose to exist.

When Roxas is told to "go back to Sora" in order to complete him, he denies it, cries, and wishes to just have a normal life like Hayner, Pence and Olette.

Roxas also had to see his two best friends go. He saw Xion dissapear and then lost his memories to Axel, then, disappeared completely before Axel could even see him again.

I'm serious like honestly, he's the only one who's never accepted his fate and it's just so horrible to even think of what this poor boy's been through.

Roxas just wants to be his own person.

Sora even agrees too saying that Roxas deserved a life better than him.