Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
catmaster0116

Nijuuni Pulls off magnificent KH3 Axel fan-concept-art

The more you know, because I feel the need to say this for some reason:

Some may recognise the kanji 朱雀 ("vermilion bird"), especially those who've played FF Type-0 recently. It's not traditionally related to the western phoenix (the life-death-rebirth bird, usually written 不死鳥 "immortal bird"), but in recent years the Vermilion Bird, the western phoenix and the fenghuang (鳳凰, so-called "Chinese phoenix") have become conflated with each other, probably due to the associations with fire/sun and positive attributes each shares.

Nijuuni has huge potential to become a concept artist for a video game, I'm gonna try and contact Nijuuni and see if I can make a 3D model out of Suzaku (Axel's huge fire ring thingy). With her permission, I already made a 3D model of Kairi's Phaesphorus which I posted earlier this year.

Posted Image

Good lord, this chick seriously knows how to dish out some extremely gorgeous concept art!  I immediately grinned when I saw Lea's concept art!  The short hairdo actually really suits him, and I just love his attire, AND OMG, HIS KEYBLADE TRANSFORMATION!!!!  This needs to be made legit by Nomura! xD

And also, Kairi's concept art is also so amazing!  I just love how Destiny's Embrace transforms into a bow!  Gahhh, I can definitely see Kairi like this!  So beautiful! :')

Why don't you give this kind of style a try?

Have you drawn concept art before?

No , i don't really have any experience in concept art although i would love to give it a shot.  One reason i haven't done it is because i still don't have a good grasp on human anatomy and color theory.

No , i don't really have any experience in concept art although i would love to give it a shot.  One reason i haven't done it is because i still don't have a good grasp on human anatomy and color theory.

Practice makes perfect! You pull off some pretty cool artwork yourself!

I see heaps of DA members upload many guides on anatomy and proportion/perspective drawing styles.

Its up to you though. ganbare!