Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
sEUpernova

Listen to the words

Ok so after rewatching the direct I noticed something in the phrasing. When they were announcing the Smash ballot here are some things to take note of.

• As it was stated she was number 1 in Europe.
  • They never mentioned anything about Japan or other regions.
  • It was stated in North America she was in the top 5 ( which place specifically we don't know), but she was highly ranked even with characters from previous smash series (most likely wolf and snake)
  • (This is the most important part so read well) it said "Among the negotiable and realizable characters, Beyonetta was the number 1 choice overall worldwide"

For all the people who are upset about this it doesn't mean that she outright won the ballot, it just means out of all the top listing votes, she was the one they could get. Maybe sora was a top contender, but knowing how Disney operates is probably why he couldn't make it. (Thinks about the Kingdom hearts dissidia game that could have been). So who was the true winner on the Smash Ballot? The world may never know.

Edited by sEUpernova

At the very least it would have been nice to know who came close. It would suck if the only way to know for sure was if they actually got into Smash, but a certain addition saw to no runner up getting in, so guess we'll have to wait for Nintendo to care enough to let us know at least the top results.

At the very least it would have been nice to know who came close. It would suck if the only way to know for sure was if they actually got into Smash, but a certain addition saw to no runner up getting in, so guess we'll have to wait for Nintendo to care enough to let us know at least the top results.

... Are you really blaming Corrin for there not being a second ballot winner? Sakurai probably decided on the amount of ballot winners long before he chose the winner. If you don't care about the character, that's fine, but don't blame them for being the sole purpose we only got one ballot winner. That's a really crazy and baseless conclusion to come to.

... Are you really blaming Corrin for there not being a second ballot winner? Sakurai probably decided on the amount of ballot winners long before he chose the winner. If you don't care about the character, that's fine, but don't blame them for being the sole purpose we only got one ballot winner. That's a really crazy and baseless conclusion to come to.

Jumping to conclusions much? I'm just saying that since they wanted to cap it off there there's no chance of anyone else getting in. Trust me, if they hadn't decided on stopping DLC after the announcement, I wouldn't even care that much about Corrin getting in. I would still think that it is an odd choice, but the addition alone wouldn't feel like a slap in the face. It's more of just how everything came together that felt dissatisfying.

Jumping to conclusions much? I'm just saying that since they wanted to cap it off there there's no chance of anyone else getting in. Trust me, if they hadn't decided on stopping DLC after the announcement, I wouldn't even care that much about Corrin getting in. I would still think that it is an odd choice, but the addition alone wouldn't feel like a slap in the face. It's more of just how everything came together that felt dissatisfying.

You only mentioned Corrin as the reason, not anything else. It's all DLC, so it's not like you're being forced to get it anyway. You can just not buy it and pretend it doesn't exist.

You only mentioned Corrin as the reason, not anything else. It's all DLC, so it's not like you're being forced to get it anyway. You can just not buy it and pretend it doesn't exist.

I never mentioned him by name, but fine, the inclusion was what I was initially referring to. My point is still that they only allotted enough space for Cloud, Bayonetta, and Corrin to get in, when there could have easily been room for at least one more addition from the ballot. I honestly don't care about Corrin either way, so I'm not getting hung up over that anymore. It's more the way the decision was handled that peeves me anyway. It's not like I'm obsessed or ranting over it every chance I get.

I never mentioned him by name, but fine, the inclusion was what I was initially referring to. My point is still that they only allotted enough space for Cloud, Bayonetta, and Corrin to get in, when there could have easily been room for at least one more addition from the ballot. I honestly don't care about Corrin either way, so I'm not getting hung up over that anymore. It's more the way the decision was handled that peeves me anyway. It's not like I'm obsessed or ranting over it every chance I get.

"I'm not saying I'm mad my character didn't get in. But I might be."

Seriously, a second ballot winner is more like you needed to see your character get in. Out of all I've seen from the Corrin hate, it's the whole second place ballot thing. Ballots and polls are just like contests. You have to be in first place to get in. There are no second chances. It's like Sakurai gets no appreciation because he literally doesn't have the time or ability to develop any further onto Smash. 

"I'm not saying I'm mad my character didn't get in. But I might be."

Seriously, a second ballot winner is more like you needed to see your character get in. Out of all I've seen from the Corrin hate, it's the whole second place ballot thing. Ballots and polls are just like contests. You have to be in first place to get in. There are no second chances. It's like Sakurai gets no appreciation because he literally doesn't have the time or ability to develop any further onto Smash. 

Okay, now you're just force-feeding words into my mouth.

I honestly think it would have been a better decision to have let in another ballot contender. This in no way means I don't appreciate what Sakurai has done for the series. What I actually DON'T appreciate is people who suddenly have a problem with somebody who doesn't agree on them with something. If you're fine with the decision, THAT'S FINE. I'm not. Get over it, I am.

Okay, now you're just force-feeding words into my mouth.

I honestly think it would have been a better decision to have let in another ballot contender. This in no way means I don't appreciate what Sakurai has done for the series. What I actually DON'T appreciate is people who suddenly have a problem with somebody who doesn't agree on them with something. If you're fine with the decision, THAT'S FINE. I'm not. Get over it, I am.

The problem is, you don't seem over it. Anytime someone discusses it, you go on a rant on how Sakurai made a bad decision. You made a whole thread dedicated to it. It's not whether or not you agree. It's the sheer amount of words you've used to point out that you really don't like that another fan voted character didn't make it in because Corrin was placed in. Corrin could have started development before they tallied the full results. 

Now on the other side of this topic where I'm more openly speaking about a group and not just you. It's simply just a selfish thing to say. There's no gratitude in it. It doesn't matter who anyone voted for. What matters is a man who dedicated his life to Smash throughout every development phase. Through illness and injuries, missing his family, sacrificed his free time. Sakurai poured his blood, sweat and tears into this installment. He needs a break and deserves major recognition and admiration. I understand disappointment, but complaining, moaning, griping, etc. doesn't fix a problem, it only causes more. Sakurai knew he'd have to face us with any disappointment or complaints we may have had, he knew there would be insults and outrage, but he faced us and gave us the absolute best that he could. This is one really exhausted man who just wants to go home and relax for a long time. The least we could do as a community is respect his decisions and appreciate what he has made for us. This Smash really is the best.

The problem is, you don't seem over it. Anytime someone discusses it, you go on a rant on how Sakurai made a bad decision. You made a whole thread dedicated to it. It's not whether or not you agree. It's the sheer amount of words you've used to point out that you really don't like that another fan voted character didn't make it in because Corrin was placed in. Corrin could have started development before they tallied the full results. 

Now on the other side of this topic where I'm more openly speaking about a group and not just you. It's simply just a selfish thing to say. There's no gratitude in it. It doesn't matter who anyone voted for. What matters is a man who dedicated his life to Smash throughout every development phase. Through illness and injuries, missing his family, sacrificed his free time. Sakurai poured his blood, sweat and tears into this installment. He needs a break and deserves major recognition and admiration. I understand disappointment, but complaining, moaning, griping, etc. doesn't fix a problem, it only causes more. Sakurai knew he'd have to face us with any disappointment or complaints we may have had, he knew there would be insults and outrage, but he faced us and gave us the absolute best that he could. This is one really exhausted man who just wants to go home and relax for a long time. The least we could do as a community is respect his decisions and appreciate what he has made for us. This Smash really is the best.

You seem to read them in any order you please I suppose, because if you paid attention to the date and time I posted that and the dates and times of every comment since, you could have noticed a subtle change in my tone as the days passed. I'm not nearly as firey as I was when I posted that rant. I still don't like the decision but what's done is done and I guess I have to live with that now. I don't think it was a good idea, but Sakurai has given so many great things that I appreciated that I may as well just accept one thing that I don't agree with. My opinion may change or stay the same, but my attitude is far different, people don't stay as ranting assholes all the time.

And I think that's something you should consider here with the other people you're trying to address. In one month's time, who is even going to care anymore? People will have moved on in a similar fashion and this won't be nearly as big of a deal once the new year rolls around. People might still have negative opinions but they won't be in a frenzy anymore. And do you know how that happens? I'll tell you what, it doesn't come around from rational level-headed people trying to preach to them why they should just accept it. It just happens over time. Fires die down, tides lower, the sun sets, people just loose that energy. Maybe reminding someone every once in a while is fine but really trying to address a whole people is just kind of a waste of energy when they're just going to get over it anyway.

But as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with this already. I won't like it any more than I already do, but I won't have nearly as much salt to say if it ever comes up again. So if you want to continue telling everybody why they should just accept this, fine, but as far as things I have said and what they imply, just leave it, okay? I'm done and I don't feel like continuing this beyond this point.