Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So I watched Pocahontas for the first time last night since I kind of had a feeling that it was going to be in Kingdom Hearts III, and I'm doing this thing where I watch all the movies that are confirmed to appear in KH3. After watching it, I was like, OMG -- Kingdom Hearts open world, mixed with the forests in this movie? It would be so beautiful!

I think that the world would be called either "Mystic Woods" or "Land of a Thousand Rivers" or something like that. I'll admit that I'm a little confused as to how the story of Pocahontas would play out in Kingdom Hearts III. After all, the native americans in the film call the foriegners "white demons," and since Sora is white, I don't know how that would play out. Part of me wonders if Sora would first help out the foreigners before seeing what is happening, but another part of me thinks that the world would pan out with something like this:

Most Disney Worlds have Sora arrive in the middle of the film. I think that Sora, Donald, and Goofy would arrive as Pocahontas is spying on John Smith. But once she sees Sora, she escapes out of fear. But he'd say something like, "hey, wait up!" and you'd have to run through the world map to track her down. Once you find her, she sees you aren't a threat and tells you that she is following a mysterious man that has appeared in her village. The rest of the film/world would play out from there.

But I have a few discrepancies, as follows.

For one, if the villagers don't like white people and kill them on sight, then would Sora not meet the villagers until the very end of the world? I can't see John Smith as the party character. I think it would be Pocahontas; her weapon would be using magical wind. 

But I can't see Sora helping the Virginia Company either, since he most likely runs into Pocahontas first. But their idea of "seeing the new world" really fits into Kingdom Hearts, and like I said, the forests of "Mystic Woods" would compliment the new Kingdom Hearts III engine so well. What are your guys' thoughts? How do you see this world playing out?

Edited by DaxovanHearts

yea let's get a music number with Sora, Donald and Goofy singing "Savages" with the English :P

seriously though if they wanted to do a world based on Pocahontas I feel like it'd be easier to come up with an original story set after the movie. That way the issue of Sora being a "white demon" wouldn't come up and he could freely mingle with both groups. 

Oh my gosh! I love Pocahontas! xD That is my favorite Disney movie ever! I think that that would a great idea to include that. We definitely need some more Disney movie options here.

Gotta include the natives to!

Just one thing... Anyone ever notice that she falls in love with John Smith, but then she was supposed to be with John Rolfe. And that she was supposed to be 14.

I'd rather not, Pocahontas was the downfall of the Disney Renaissance era...

I hate to pop everyone's bubble, but with the EXTREME flack Pocahontas got for it's disregard of history, and the fact it changed facts tp suit a romantic story, might lead to it being left out of all KH games just to avoid scandel. Square can't afford people boycotting the game from a world featured in it. 

But I suppose it could still happen... movie came out in 1997, so people are probably less pissed about it by now. 

Oh my gosh! I love Pocahontas! xD That is my favorite Disney movie ever! I think that that would a great idea to include that. We definitely need some more Disney movie options here.

Gotta include the natives to!

Just one thing... Anyone ever notice that she falls in love with John Smith, but then she was supposed to be with John Rolfe. And that she was supposed to be 14.

She also died at 15. 

I hate to pop everyone's bubble, but with the EXTREME flack Pocahontas got for it's disregard of history, and the fact it changed facts tp suit a romantic story, might lead to it being left out of all KH games just to avoid scandel. Square can't afford people boycotting the game from a world featured in it. 

But I suppose it could still happen... movie came out in 1997, so people are probably less pissed about it by now. 

She also died at 15. 

She was later known as Rebecca Rolfe after she married him to.

But if you've ever seen the second movie, then you'll know that they attempted to correct the error they made.

She was later known as Rebecca Rolfe after she married him to.

But if you've ever seen the second movie, then you'll know that they attempted to correct the error they made.

Still..it might piss off people. A lot of people never forgave disney for playing it fast and loose with history. 

I'm just saying, don't get extremely high hopes for it being in KH3

Pocahontas is one of those classic Disney films missing from Kingdom Hearts. I'd love to see a Pocahontas world personally. I can imagine the field music would be a beautiful rendition of "Colors of the Wind". The colors would certainly look great in the Kingdom Shader, that's for sure.

I hope Square does take some other classics into consideration too though. We have Tangled and Big Hero 6... both recent films. The classics need some love, like Robin Hood, The Jungle Book, The Black Cauldron, The Sword in the Stone, Treasure Planet, ect. 

I could go on, but I'll stop there, haha.

yea let's get a music number with Sora, Donald and Goofy singing "Savages" with the English :P

seriously though if they wanted to do a world based on Pocahontas I feel like it'd be easier to come up with an original story set after the movie. That way the issue of Sora being a "white demon" wouldn't come up and he could freely mingle with both groups. 

I agree, because honestly I've gotten kind of tired with how the later games just follow a watered down version of the movie plot.

The first game had original stories with a few references to scenes from their respective movies, but that was about it. Another thing was the worlds all had something to make them unique, they tried to follow the movies but they never had enough npcs to do it properly, and they also didn't have enough scenes,

I agree, because honestly I've gotten kind of tired with how the later games just follow a watered down version of the movie plot.

The first game had original stories with a few references to scenes from their respective movies, but that was about it. Another thing was the worlds all had something to make them unique, they tried to follow the movies but they never had enough npcs to do it properly, and they also didn't have enough scenes,

yea if they're going to just recreate the story of the movie then they at least can't do a half arsed job of it. and i like to think that the original stories for the worlds helps to make the disney worlds feel more connected to the game, as opposed to being part of a checklist titled "Things a KH Game Needs"