Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

Anime | Manga New "Boruto" Manga and One-Shot Confirmed

Posted Image

Article

The "Next Generation" Naruto countdown issued by WSJ is now closed, and the project behind it is now confirmed: a brand, new full length "Boruto" manga, written by Ukyo Kodachi, who wrote Gaara Hiden and worked on the screenplay for Boruto The Movie, and illustrated by Mikio Ikemoto, an assistant to Naruto creator Masashi Kishimoto on the original Naruto manga. Kishimoto himself will also be making a new Boruto one-shot that will most likely tie into this brand new series.

The above image coupled with the announcement graphic is presumably artwork done by Ikemoto himself and might be a preview of what to expect from the new manga. Not too much in terms of significance is shown other than some new or altered character designs. However, there are some new elements such as the return of Team Shinki, a genin team from Sand Village featured in Boruto The Movie, as well as a new unknown character located on the far right.

I, for one, was expecting a new manga rather than something like a new anime or film, so I'm not too surprised by this. I wasn't counting on a new one-shot, though.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Eh. Sarada is the only slightly interesting character to me. The rest I have no interest in, so I'm probably done with Naruto once the filler in the anime ends (which, at this rate, will be when KH3 comes out :P ) and the anime comes to a close.

Judging by the picture, it's Naruto in the 21 century?

Yeah they have cities and laptops now. Naruto is like the 80s-90s, while Boruto is like our time I guess.

Also, haven't seen the movie, just read the extra Boruto manga with Sasuke's kid, but I really hope all the children aren't just slightly altered carbon copies of their parents, like their appearance seems to suggest...

At the very least, Boruto needs adleast 10 IQ points on his father, else I probably won't read it. Time we got a smart, or at least averagely intelligent 'Naruto universe' MC.

Edited by Ninkoro

Boy I wonder how they can top the whole story of naruto, there was just so much happening in the background that didn't come to light until shippuden. Hope this means the games will return after a couple of years into the manga.

At the very least, Boruto needs adleast 10 IQ points on his father, else I probably won't read it. Time we got a smart, or at least averagely intelligent 'Naruto universe' MC.

To say he's dumb is a bit of an oversimplification. He's reckless and young, with shades of his father in him, but he's still proved to be very competent in his own right. Being all of that is not the same thing as being "dumb". He just has a bright personality.

Naruto was never "dumb" either, at least not always. People called him dumb yes, but really, he just had a different way of doing things compared to other people in terms of his ability as a shinboi, and obviously this no longer applies near the end of the series and now into the Boruto era.

Eh. Sarada is the only slightly interesting character to me. The rest I have no interest in, so I'm probably done with Naruto once the filler in the anime ends (which, at this rate, will be when KH3 comes out :P ) and the anime comes to a close.

Watch the movie and come back.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Can't wait to read this! I'll take anything new from Naruto, aside from a Naruto GT (And Naruto Evolution, but I'm going to force myself to go watch it anyway...)

Just saying, but it's kinda soon to say something like that. Unless you somehow saw the movie though one of the very limited amounts of options available, all that we know is from the spin-off manga, which focused mostly on Sarada. We haven't been able to see the new generation in action aside from her.

Boy I wonder how they can top the whole story of naruto, there was just so much happening in the background that didn't come to light until shippuden. Hope this means the games will return after a couple of years into the manga.

The games aren't ending. Ultimate Ninja Storm isn't the only Naruto game series, and they'll probably do a new Ultimate Ninja series once Storm's finished, anyway.

The games aren't ending. Ultimate Ninja Storm isn't the only Naruto game series, and they'll probably do a new Ultimate Ninja series once Storm's finished, anyway.

Im confused. The only Naruto games they've been making for the past 7 years have been the storm series and the final storm game is finishing the story of shippuden. What makes you think they're going to continue when there is no story to do?

Im confused. The only Naruto games they've been making for the past 7 years have been the storm series and the final storm game is finishing the story of shippuden. What makes you think they're going to continue when there is no story to do?

It didn't stop the DragonBall games, why should it stop Naruto?

It didn't stop the DragonBall games, why should it stop Naruto?

Theyd have to go through the trouble of writing an original story, and if its the quality of the filler storm games i doubt theyd sell well especially after how poorly revolution sold.

Theyd have to go through the trouble of writing an original story, and if its the quality of the filler storm games i doubt theyd sell well especially after how poorly revolution sold.

There's no way to tell something like that, let's not get pessimistic. Besides, I liked Revolution. So there.

And no, there doesn't have to be new stories for new games. Most of DragonBall's games stick to telling the now decades old storyline, especially starting from the Saiyan Arc and ending at the Buu Arc. Naruto hasn't had many games where they do that, so it hasn't gotten old yet, and plus, after years of Storm being the main focus in terms of games, seeing a new franchise start is grounds enough to award it for originality.

I'm gonna have to ask that this convo ends right here, too. Sorry, but we're already off-topic and I don't want to this to turn into "Naruto Gaming" thread when it's about Boruto.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

*puts on glasses* allow me to get us back in track. *pushes middle part of glasses to adjust them*

Honestly, I thought the series is completely finished after Kishimoto announced that he is too tired and wants to rest from writing the series. 

Guess he can't catch a break. At least all he is doing is writing the one-shot and leave the rest to the new guy plus assistant. He must be impressed with Kodachi's work on Boruto. Kodachi probably has more ideas for Boruto's journey, so he wants to do a full length manga. 

I'm very interested in what the artwork would be like next year. Hopefully, a little more detailed character designs. Then again, I've been spoiled with gritty detailed artwork in Tokyo Ghoul:re.

To say he's dumb is a bit of an oversimplification. He's reckless and young, with shades of his father in him, but he's still proved to be very competent in his own right. Being all of that is not the same thing as being "dumb". He just has a bright personality.

Naruto was never "dumb" either, at least not always. People called him dumb yes, but really, he just had a different way of doing things compared to other people in terms of his ability as a shinboi, and obviously this no longer applies near the end of the series and now into the Boruto era.

Watch the movie and come back.

Well, I call Naruto 'dumb' because he didn't think before acting while training. I mean compare Sasuke to Naruto, Sasuke always analyzed what he was doing and thought thoroughly about how it was done, while Naruto charged everything head-on without concern for his own well being, adleast in the original Naruto. Hell, it took him for-firetruckin-ever to figure out 'hey, maybe adding a third clone for wind style will work!" Like that shit's so stupid Lol I thought of it the moment he said he couldn't do wind with rotation.

But after seeing the Boruto movie, I can definitely tell he has Hinata's intelligence. He still has shades of Naruto's personality, but his IQ is definitely higher.

Well, I call Naruto 'dumb' because he didn't think before acting while training. I mean compare Sasuke to Naruto, Sasuke always analyzed what he was doing and thought thoroughly about how it was done, while Naruto charged everything head-on without concern for his own well being, adleast in the original Naruto. Hell, it took him for-firetruckin-ever to figure out 'hey, maybe adding a third clone for wind style will work!" Like that shit's so stupid Lol I thought of it the moment he said he couldn't do wind with rotation.

But after seeing the Boruto movie, I can definitely tell he has Hinata's intelligence. He still has shades of Naruto's personality, but his IQ is definitely higher.

He still learned how to use his clones to help master his techniques faster as a kid, and his entire fight with Kiba was won due to his brainpower. He was still pretty naive and reckless, but I'm just saying, the word "dumb" is still a bit of an oversimplification.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Hopefully this will be as amazing as the original Naruto series. Looking forward to seeing all of Borutos adventures. I wonder what the plot will be like? Maybe theyll pull a dragon ball and bring in a bunch of aliens lol.

Hopefully this will be as amazing as the original Naruto series. Looking forward to seeing all of Borutos adventures. I wonder what the plot will be like? Maybe theyll pull a dragon ball and bring in a bunch of aliens lol.

Considering the Otsutsuki Clan are basically aliens, that might not be too far off from the truth. xD