Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Film Star Wars' Future According to the Head of Lucasfilm

I absolutely love that they're making what essentially amount to expanded universe movies- not that they're gonna based on the EU at all probably, but just the idea of tons of side stories to flesh out the universe and on the big screen just makes my mouth water.

And agreed, an Obi-Wan movie would be great. Dunno about much else in between III and IV though; we already know how it's all going to turn out so there's this huge sense of inevitability.

I'm very interested to see how Star Wars will expand its Cinematic Universe in the years to come, because all signs point to this being a very interesting path to follow! I, for one, am very excited for all Star Wars films coming down the road, both numbered and non-numbered!  Gahhh, I can't wait!!! X_X

But that ending in The Force Awakens, though! So beautiful, yet so cliffhangerish!!!! X_X

I'm very interested to see how Star Wars will expand its Cinematic Universe in the years to come, because all signs point to this being a very interesting path to follow! I, for one, am very excited for all Star Wars films coming down the road, both numbered and non-numbered!  Gahhh, I can't wait!!! X_X

But that ending in The Force Awakens, though! So beautiful, yet so cliffhangerish!!!! X_X

HYPE IS REAL FOR ROGUE 1!

The ending was kind of sad for me, cause 

Luke got like 10-15 seconds of screentime

but it was beautifully executed, like you said.

THE HYPE IS REALLY REAL FOR EPISODE 8!

HYPE IS REAL FOR ROGUE 1!

The ending was kind of sad for me, cause 

Luke got like 10-15 seconds of screentime

but it was beautifully executed, like you said.

THE HYPE IS REALLY REAL FOR EPISODE 8!

Hell yeah!  It'll be interesting to see this film, as it takes place between Episodes III and IV!  Makes me wonder if Darth Vader will make a cameo appearance! :O

AND OMG, YES, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT!  At that certain moment in the film, my best friend/soul brother Jonathan was like: "Oh no, the movie's gonna end here!" Lol, and true enough, that it did!  But even though that certain thing was indeed short, it just gave me goosebumps either way, because to just see one generation and the next...gah, it gave me the feels!

THE WAIT AND HYPE FOR EPISODE VIII BEGINS! :D

I absolutely love that they're making what essentially amount to expanded universe movies- not that they're gonna based on the EU at all probably, but just the idea of tons of side stories to flesh out the universe and on the big screen just makes my mouth water.

And agreed, an Obi-Wan movie would be great. Dunno about much else in between III and IV though; we already know how it's all going to turn out so there's this huge sense of inevitability.

There's a 19 year period of the empire building and expanding. George Lucas wanted to explore it more too. There's a lot of Jedi still out there that are killed. Shaak Ti is also still alive with no canon death.

There's a 19 year period of the empire building and expanding. George Lucas wanted to explore it more too. There's a lot of Jedi still out there that are killed. Shaak Ti is also still alive with no canon death.

Exactly. They are killed. Vader and the Empire wipes them all out except Obi Wan and Yoda, and Luke ends up being the last hope for the Jedi. There's not much wiggle room there. They can tell whatever story they want, but it's going to end with any remaining Jedi being killed, the Empire rises to full strength, and then Ep. IV starts. No matter what, it's all not going to matter. Fleshing out previously referred to characters and events is the only real way to go (Rogue One, Han Solo prequel, I would personally kill for a Tarkin movie, etc.) but there's a hard limit on that stuff.

(Also it should go without saying that just because George Lucas wanted to do something does not make it a good idea. He wanted to (and got to do) a lot of stupid shit that ended up being terrible.)

Edited by HeyMouseSayCheese

Exactly. They are killed. Vader and the Empire wipes them all out except Obi Wan and Yoda, and Luke ends up being the last hope for the Jedi. There's not much wiggle room there. They can tell whatever story they want, but it's going to end with any remaining Jedi being killed, the Empire rises to full strength, and then Ep. IV starts. No matter what, it's all not going to matter. Fleshing out previously referred to characters and events is the only real way to go (Rogue One, Han Solo prequel, I would personally kill for a Tarkin movie, etc.) but there's a hard limit on that stuff.

(Also it should go without saying that just because George Lucas wanted to do something does not make it a good idea. He wanted to (and got to do) a lot of stupid shit that ended up being terrible.)

So you're saying the prequels are pointless? I disagree completely. There's a Tarkin novel now. Shaak Ti is a member of the last Jedi Council, it's very important we find out what happened to her.

In your opinion. The Clone Wars was firetrucking awesome.

So you're saying the prequels are pointless? I disagree completely.

You're making quite a leap there. I never said the prequels were pointless, they covered a different time that was previously alluded to in Star Wars canon that had never been touched before. (I don't they they covered that time particularly well, but that's beside the point). Movies based on the Dark Times really can't do that- the universe has been fleshed out by now, much more that it was back in 1999. The most they can do is improve the backstory of existing characters, like Rogue Squadron or Han Solo. And that's what they're doing.

There's a Tarkin novel now.

Improving backstory of existing characters and also not a movie, so I fail to see how it's relevant. Also I already said I'd be down for a Tarkin movie.

Shaak Ti is a member of the last Jedi Council, it's very important we find out what happened to her.

I don't see how. She very clearly is not in any of IV-IV, so she either is in hiding the entire time or she's dead. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about- say they do make a Shaak Ti movie, nothing she could possibly do is going to have any bearing on anything important. The original trilogy still happens whether or not she does anything, unless they retcon shit again, and that would just be the worst.

In your opinion. The Clone Wars was firetrucking awesome.

I never even brought up The Clone Wars. And yes, I do think it's a travesty, but it's hardly the only bad thing Lucas is responsible for. Just look at all of Ep. II. Or most of Ep. III. Or the near constant re-editing of the originals. He made a lot of bad decisions.

Edited by HeyMouseSayCheese

You're making quite a leap there. I never said the prequels were pointless, they covered a different time that was previously alluded to in Star Wars canon that had never been touched before. (I don't they they covered that time particularly well, but that's beside the point). Movies based on the Dark Times really can't do that- the universe has been fleshed out by now, much more that it was back in 1999. The most they can do is improve the backstory of existing characters, like Rogue Squadron or Han Solo. And that's what they're doing.

Improving backstory of existing characters and also not a movie, so I fail to see how it's relevant. Also I already said I'd be down for a Tarkin movie.

I don't see how. She very clearly is not in any of IV-IV, so she either is in hiding the entire time or she's dead. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about- say they do make a Shaak Ti movie, nothing she could possibly do is going to have any bearing on anything important. The original trilogy still happens whether or not she does anything, unless they retcon shit again, and that would just be the worst.

I never even brought up The Clone Wars. And yes, I do think it's a travesty, but it's hardly the only bad thing Lucas is responsible for. Just look at all of Ep. II. Or most of Ep. III. Or the near constant re-editing of the originals. He made a lot of bad decisions.

Captain Rex and Ahsoka Tano are not in Episode III or IV but they're well and truly alive five years out from Episode IV. We have no idea what happened to Shaak Ti.

I saw The Force Awakens again last night with my best friends/soul brothers Jonathan and Dennys!  Good God, I couldn't stop smiling throughout the whole movie! God, such an amazing film!  And the fact that there's more to come excites me like crazy! :D

It'll be interesting to see how the Anthology films fit in with the Star Wars Universe as a whole, and I certainly can't wait to watch Episodes VIII and IX! :D

Edited by The Transcendent Key