Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Clouded Sun

Sora's Two Outfits in Kingdom Hearts III

I find it rather intriguing that after 3 trailers, we still see Sora in his Kingdom Hearts II outfit. It was probably a detail that was there, but one that I missed; why? Could this just be cosmetic, for pre-beta footage, or something else.... like abilities.

At first I thought it had something to do with the Summon system (one outfit invoking Drive forms while the other possesses abilities for Keyblade transformation), but after having looked back you can see that Sora Keyblade transforms in the E3 2015 trailer (with guns and the train). Any thoughts as to why the KHII outfit is still in KHIII?

i am pretty sure we can chalk it up to: "these are the only assets we have that are in a near completed state and can be shown off."

i'm all for the KH2 outfit to return but im not holding my breath. Nomura was apparently under pressure to make a new outfit so i'm not sure why he'd comply and then he'd still be allowed to keep the KH2 outfit anyways

i am pretty sure we can chalk it up to: "these are the only assets we have that are in a near completed state and can be shown off."

i'm all for the KH2 outfit to return but im not holding my breath. Nomura was apparently under pressure to make a new outfit so i'm not sure why he'd comply and then he'd still be allowed to keep the KH2 outfit anyways

but we will need to know how and where he got his new outfit. He can't just leave a hole in it. 

but we will need to know how and where he got his new outfit. He can't just leave a hole in it. 

i'm sure they can just say Yen Sid gave it to Sora as reward for completing his training. The new outfit will represent his growth from the training he went through between DDD and KH3. It's really not a big issue and can be addressed in the time span of a single cutscene, if done right. That's just what i think though. who knows what they'll actually do. 

Because all the OC footage in the trailers was recorded before the KH3 look was finalized. Simple as that.Just like in KH2 and 3D, we'll have our original outfit (KH2) during the prologue (which probably has Sora passing his make-up test) Then get the KH3 one and keep that one for the rest of the game.We know that we never see him in his new clothes in OC and that KoC is the first Disney world we visit. Therefore when th egame comes out we'll have the new look when we get to OC, so the only explanation is that they recorded all the OC footage (even the footage that has ywt to be released) before they finished the new outlook.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

It'd be nice if Sora get his own wardrobe like Lightning in LR.

We can dress Sora up in different outfits to match his drive forms, or KH1 outfit (tailored to fit his body), or just mix and match!

Antiform pants would look awesome with final form top! Or a mix/match between his 3D outfit and KH3 outfit. (minus the reccusant sigil)

I personally think that sora is donned a Hero in KH3, and after traversing through mount Olympus he is given a new outfit to help with his new abilities and parkour moves. I also think lightning is the party character in Olympus since this version of the world has to do with gods and the heavens, and lightning is considered a goddess.

Really this needs a better reason then "here are your new clothes to show your growth". It isn't like his KH1-KH2 clothes change where there were several good reasons for the change in apparels. His KH1 clothes didn't fit him at all and his KH2 clothes had Drives. But now his KH2 clothes seem to still fit him just fine and unless his KH3 also applies Drives then there is no reason for the change.

What's going to be a good reason for the change in this installment?

Edited by The Rocky Shoe

I think it's because it's still at the stage where they can't play through it completely just yet. That's why we still see the original clothes from KH2. Once it reaches that stage where it can be played from A to Z, it will be the new clothes shown only.

Edited by KingdomHearts3

It's probably just an early build kind of thing, like you said, but I'm thinking that maybe Nomura will give us the option to wear different outfits in Kingdom Hearts III! If that's the case, then honestly, that'd be really cool!  It'd be very neat to personalize Sora with different outfits! :3