Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Review

Motomu Toriyama and Yoshinori Kitase's LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII was released on Windows PC via Steam recently and I've checked out the port.

I've already said it before but this is an amazing and very unique game that everyone should play through to completion. And while people might not have time, it's definitely a game you get to appreciate more after more time with it. It's definitely not for everyone but there are some great ideas here that you can have a lot of fun with.

Everything was set against this game from the very start. It's an experimental sequel to two diverse games that saw critical acclaim in Japan. Legendary developers, Motomu Toriyama & Yoshinori Kitase, two people who have led the now diverse franchise through the start of the last 3 generations knew this was going to happen and I'm so glad they did it anyway. The game has sold over a million copies at retail alone easily making a profit for Square Enix.

The port runs great. I was able to easily reach high frame rates and did not notice any low frame rates.

The game also looks noticeably better than the PlayStation 3 version. Everything looks and sounds great.

There are plenty of settings/options in regards to graphics and controls as well. You can also change the language between English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean & Chinese for text. As for audio, English or Japanese.

All of the DLC is included for free with the exception of the Aerith DLC.

The Steam achievements are of course based off the PlayStation 3 trophies & Xbox 360 achievements. There's also Steam Trading Cards.

After playing it for awhile I found myself wanting to play more. Haha.

The Windows PC version of LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII is a great port, easily Square Enix's best yet and it doesn't cost much at all.

9/10
Edited by Sora96

Keep telling Square Enix!

Will do!

Why wait for a PS4 Version I mean, just hook up your PS4 controller to a PC and bam play at 4K(you may have to mod that in), and 60 FPS

A game like this will run at 60 FPS on PS4 most likely. Sorry, I'm just not a PC gamer. I will play a game on PC if need be, but I'd much rather play on PS4.

Will do!

A game like this will run at 60 FPS on PS4 most likely. Sorry, I'm just not a PC gamer. I will play a game on PC if need be, but I'd much rather play on PS4.

but right now the game is on the PC, a system more powerful than the PS4 so it should run and look better than the PS4 version, because it can play at a higher resolution http://steamcommunity.com/app/345350/discussions/0/487876568239330350/.

So I mean instead of waiting for an inferior version why not just get the superior version right now? I mean seems logical

but right now the game is on the PC, a system more powerful than the PS4 so it should run and look better than the PS4 version, because it can play at a higher resolution http://steamcommunity.com/app/345350/discussions/0/487876568239330350/.

So I mean instead of waiting for an inferior version why not just get the superior version right now? I mean seems logical

Are you going to tell that to everyone who plays one of the thousands of games available on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One that happens to also be on PC?

Edited by Sora96

Are you going to tell that to everyone who plays one of the thousands of games available on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One that happens to also be on PC?

I would like to inform them if they already have a beastly computer or are deciding whether or not if they are planning on getting a beastly computer or a console, and yes some people are or kind of people not both, I mean I have no problem if you plan on getting both, but I would just like to inform if they didn't know to begin with. 

It's not inferior in my book dude. It's true the game will display better on PC, but I'm just partial to the console. PS4 has a huge list of games that aren't coming to PC that I'm hyped about, and therefore is my primary console where I will play all games if they are available on it. Plus I get to add to my awesome trophy list and nothing beats having a physical copy.

Edited by soravids

It's not inferior in my book dude. It's true the game will display better on PC, but I'm just partial to the console. PS4 has a huge list of games that aren't coming to PC that I'm hyped about, and therefore is my primary console where I will play all games if they are available on it. Plus I get to add to my awesome trophy list and nothing beats having a physical copy.

Not saying don't get it on PS4, but I mean I would just get it on PC so you don't have to wait, but I somewhat understand what you are saying, but can you tell me this Huge list of games not coming to the PC that are on the PS4.

Not saying don't get it on PS4, but I mean I would just get it on PC so you don't have to wait, but I somewhat understand what you are saying, but can you tell me this Huge list of games not coming to the PC that are on the PS4.

I guess I could, but I'm somewhat busy with a few other games. The games that are coming to PS4, but not PC right now include Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy VII remake, World of Final Fantasy, Star Ocean 5, Tales of Berseria, Digimon Story: Cyber Slueth, Uncharted 4, etc. I know KH3, FFXV, and FFVII will probably come to PC at some point, but at a much later date, and the rest probably won't.

Games that are already out include The Last of Us, Dragon Quest Heroes, Bloodborne, The Order: 1866, LittleBigPlanet 3, Uncharted collection, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, etc.

I guess I could, but I'm somewhat busy with a few other games. The games that are coming to PS4, but not PC right now include Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy VII remake, World of Final Fantasy, Star Ocean 5, Tales of Berseria, Digimon Story: Cyber Slueth, Uncharted 4, etc. I know KH3, FFXV, and FFVII will probably come to PC at some point, but at a much later date, and the rest probably won't.

Games that are already out include The Last of Us, Dragon Quest Heroes, Bloodborne, The Order: 1866, LittleBigPlanet 3, Uncharted collection, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, etc.

Ok Tales of Beseria is on PC(Announced today), oh and Dragon Quest Heroes is on PC