Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Ok I basically made this to ask about preferences on the stories for the worlds.

I would like to know if people would rather the worlds follow the stories of their respective movies with no relevance to the plot similar to the later games or if they would want the worlds to have their own unique stories with slight references to scenes from the movies, and have the worlds actually have importance to the plot overall.

I'm not sure if BH6 is going to be relevant to the plot, but I do know that it is going to have it's own story.

I'd actually prefer to have a little bit of both. Unique plots can make for really interesting worlds, especially when pulled off right, but at the same time it's also fun to play through the story of your favorite Disney movies alongside the characters and such too.

Unique stories  might work better for some worlds, while movie plots might be better for others. However, I wouldn't want every single Disney world in the game to just be a rehash of their movies' plots, that's why I'd prefer to see a balance of both. 

I'd actually prefer to have a little bit of both. Unique plots can make for really interesting worlds, especially when pulled off right, but at the same time it's also fun to play through the story of your favorite Disney movies alongside the characters and such too.

Unique stories  might work better for some worlds, while movie plots might be better for others. However, I wouldn't want every single Disney world in the game to just be a rehash of their movies' plots, that's why I'd prefer to see a balance of both. 

Yea, I just hope since the tech is better and Disney is more involved now that if they do follow the movie plots they will be done more justice.

I think I prefer more originality for the worlds and their plots, though I do not mind a little crossover from Disney worlds.  I don't really care for the worlds that we're pretty much playing through the events of a movie just because I feel it's repetitive (or if I really don't like the movie it can be a bit of a drag), but I really like it all. : )  Here's hoping that a greater emphasis is put on original for KH3, as it has been for DDD and BBS.

Honestly, I'd love to see a mixture of both!  While it's cool to see Sora and the gang trek through Disney worlds and watch their events play out from the movie, I do think that it's a very creative idea to have Disney worlds feature original stories!  That way, it adds variety to the overall storytelling of the series, and if Nomura wants to reuse a world, he can do so without recycling the plot of a Disney sequel!  I, for one, am excited for this new storytelling approach to the series, and I hope it works well! :D

lol well i sort of answered this in another thread because i hadn't found this thread yet but i'll throw my two cents here anyways

personally i'd prefer a mix of both, assuming that the developers wouldn't phone it in. 

The original stories can help to make the Disney worlds feel more like a part of the game, rather than a mandatory addition to the series with no relevance.

But then it would be nice to play through the original story of a Disney world to experience an iconic scene from a favorite movie. This of course would mean that the developers would have to go all out and not half ass the way the iconic scene is presented. With next gen technology I would like to think that this is now an easier task. Lack of power is now no longer an excuse, pretty much. 

Well, for the movies that need original stories, here are the movies that I think should have it...

• Big Hero 6 (as it's already confirmed)
  • The Princess and the Frog (they can revive Facillier through Xehanort and Sora doesn't have to turn to a Frog)
  • Zootopia (Judy and Nick would be a strong buddy cop duo by then and it doesn't ruin the movie)
  • Moana (They could easily place Moana and Maui in Destiny Islands. They're both travellers anyway, no need for Moana's world)
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas (if it returns, give it an original plot please: there's not much more you can do with it)

I think original stories with a little twist. It would be kind of tedious to play through  a world you pretty much know what is gonna happen. I think worlds that actually have importance to the plot overall would be a must as well, just to form connections of some sort.

Both. It's fun to help along the characters in your favorite movies to help make the magic happen, but I also like surprises of course. So a mixture of both gets a thumbs up from me.