Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
shibuyarain

Would you like to see Drive Forms return in Kingdom Hearts 3, and if so, which forms?

Would you like to see Drive Forms return in Kingdom Hearts 3, and if so, which forms?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Drive Forms return in Kingdom Hearts 3, and if so, which forms?

• Valor Form
    • Wisdom Form
    • Master Form
    • Final Form
    • Limit Form
    • Anti-Form
    • All of the above.
    • Other (comment below)

I dunno, it depends on what else Sora can do. He's already got tons of insane acrobatic shotlock-y theme-park-ride-summoning Keyblade-transforming abilities just from what the early footage has shown; does he even really need Drive forms anymore?

Definitely, i mean if Sora actually did complete the MoM, we could get Keyblade Armor Drives, but nooooo, 3DDD had to develop Riku, because FREAKIN' RIKU!

I'd love to see the Limit form, plus a black variation of it, cause you know... who wouldn't love a Re-revised KH1 and KH2 outfit as two different drives. I can see there being a Flowmotion specific Drive, but i dunno...

Definitely, i mean if Sora actually did complete the MoM, we could get Keyblade Armor Drives, but nooooo, 3DDD had to develop Riku, because FREAKIN' RIKU!

I'd love to see the Limit form, plus a black variation of it, cause you know... who wouldn't love a Re-revised KH1 and KH2 outfit as two different drives. I can see there being a Flowmotion specific Drive, but i dunno...

I like the ideas. :)

I dunno, it depends on what else Sora can do. He's already got tons of insane acrobatic shotlock-y theme-park-ride-summoning Keyblade-transforming abilities just from what the early footage has shown; does he even really need Drive forms anymore?

You may be right!

No, he doesn't, but it sure would be fun!

None, personally. Unless they're bringing back other mechanics too, I'd really just like to see the basics (attacks, summons, magic) and then some kind of new thing, which is basically what I assume Keyblade transformations are meant to be. Featuring Drive Forms would be a step backwards.

If drives do come back, I'd like to see Sora wielding 3 Keyblades at once in at least Final Form.

And as another idea for a drive form people have been mentioning, a Flow motion Form. To prevent it from looking like Valor Form, it would be a Pinkish-purple rather than KH3D clothes. (Man, now I want to see someone draw that for me and post that on here! It would be perfect! :D )

Rock on!

I think it really depends on a number of things. One of them being is that I would only like form drives to come back if they didn't make you use them to get new abilities, cause it was not so fun to get some abilities in KH2 because of having to go back and forth to level up, like Final Form and The World That Never Was. Another thing would be that if they could make drive forms not be the center of attention since I think that should go to the new abilities Sora can do, like Attraction Flow. There are so many little things that they would need to change to keep the form drives in, but honestly, I wouldn't mind if they come back in some way, but I really don't care if they don't come back, since Sora will only have his KH2 clothes for part of KH3!

I'd love to see the drive forms come back. In their most basic form, they're different fighting specialties that you have to unlock as you go along. If you really think about it, they could fit right in with the Keyblade Transformations and rides; say, you could activate different transformations for one keyblade depending on which drive form you're in. That would be squeezing in quite a bit of content for battle alongside the story, but the PS4 (as powerful as it claims to be) could handle it.

I'd love to see all of them except Antiform. Not only was it a nuisance, but it has extremely low capabilities for growth, no longer fits with the lore, and has almost messy animations, as cute and as strange as they are. I'd like to see antiform replaced with something just as dark, but with a cleaner and more powerful twist to it.

What I'm thinking is corrupted versions of each of the other forms. Sora was exposed to darkness in DDD, so he would have a bit more immunity and a bit more control over it instead of it running rampant when provoked. Perhaps when something goes awry during battle, the drive form you try to change into becomes corrupted and gives you different, dark capabilities. The statistics could stay the same, but there could be a different moveset and an aesthetic difference.

If Drive Forms do indeed return to Kingdom Hearts III, I'd love to use all the Forms, plus any new ones Nomura would come up with!  I loved Drive Forms in Kingdom Hearts II, and I bet they'd be insane in Kingdom Hearts III!  Nomura even considered bringing Drive Forms back! :D

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Terra never passed the MoM, in fact, Ventus never even took the MoM. but they had keyblade armour. There's nothing about DDD's choices that affect Sora's ability or potential to have armour too.

As for my choices, I want to see Anti Form return with at least a little plot attention to make it clear what it is and how it affects Sora as a character (which it might be too late to ask for since that should have been in KH2 anyway but eh...). I'm not in favour of Limit Form. I think it's time we let the past go.

Apart from that, I think KH3 shouldn't retread old ground that heavily. Bringing back Drive Forms isn't a bad idea. Bringing back the exact same Drive Forms isn't the right way to make a sequel. I think we should get either updated versions of these Drive Forms or brand new Drive Forms entirely.

No, but it would be awesome to see them so why not? I know most people are against OPness, but I love the s--- out of it, provided that the game is still built to be a challenge even with all of that power. And there's already proof that Drive forms are still in consideration, so they're likely to have some role to play in this new rebalanced system.

Drive forms will be awesome but I'm thinking it should be limited to certain conditions. (place, keyblade, etc). That way we don't go spamming it all over the place and I hope we don't have to go through all that levelling again. (Wisdom form still on Lvl. 1).

Maybe they can implement the drive form features into his main/normal attacks and just give us new forms to suit the game. That would be good as well.