Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
GroovingOnUp

Is the unreal 4 engine at fault here?

So i went back to the 2013 d23 footage and i honestly can't get over how good Sora,Donald and Goofy look there.

They all look like natural transitions from ps2 to ps4 level hardware.

Just compare the kh2 sora model from the 2013 d23 footage and kh2 sora from the recent trailer,mainly the hair like what in the world went wrong.

I just find it funny and a little disappointing that the style they went for was to make Sora,Donald and Goofy fit in more with the Disney cast yet the old d23 footage looks like it would have done it a lot better.

I mean just look at the FF7 footage it doesn't look to far from the d23 footage so it's entirely possible for them to make it look more like it.At this point i'm not even expecting much of a difference from now to the final build of the game..though i hope i'm wrong..

You're comparing a game that is in development from two years ago to how it is now? Sorry mate, but of course there is going to be change. The game has been in development for 2-3 years now and they will change it. When the finished product is released, it is likely that it will be different to what we saw in the Jump Festa trailers (or D23 trailers to be more precise, but you get what I'm referring to).

Well of course i'm gonna compare the massive drop in quality from character models from 2 years ago when it looks far better than the current models,it's noticeable difference and i'm not expecting anything to change in regards to it.

I honestly can't think of any game where the character models got massive jump in quality while in development to the final build,people always say "it's in development" as an excuse when there won't be much difference from the models now to the final build.

It's stylistic choice and they shouldn't have went for it.

Edited by GroovingOnUp

At first I loved how the D23 trailer looked, but the graphics look very dull compared to the graphics on the unreal engine. I think it's necessary that Kingdom Hearts 3 has very vibrant graphics in order to give each world a different look and feel, which is why I think they changed engines. They said the old engine wasn't able to render the game so they had to swap out.

Well of course i'm gonna compare the massive drop in quality from character models from 2 years ago when it looks far better than the current models,it's noticeable difference and i'm not expecting anything to change in regards to it.

I honestly can't think of any game where the character models got massive jump in quality while in development to the final build,people always say "it's in development" as an excuse when there won't be much difference from the models now to the final build.

You're over-analysing it. The difference isn't that big. They'll fix it or they won't. It depends on how much they utilise Unreal which, by the way, is a fantastic engine. Let them finish developing it then judge. May I remind you that what you saw this year is NOT the final product and is subject to change.

At first I loved how the D23 trailer looked, but the graphics look very dull compared to the graphics on the unreal engine. I think it's necessary that Kingdom Hearts 3 has very vibrant graphics in order to give each world a different look and feel, which is why I think they changed engines. They said the old engine wasn't able to render the game so they had to swap out.

Hey, come on, graphics don't matter too much, though I'll have to admit, the colours do look more vibrant now compared to two years ago.

They swapped engines late in the game, and sometimes things get changed

Yeah. They switched from Luminous to UE4. However, it is arguable as to whether it looks better.

Agreed! The environments are truly amazing but they could work on their character models and after seeing the FF7 trailer, I think we can understand it was their choice to make them look like what they look like. The engine is not at fault for that change.

Yeah. They switched from Luminous to UE4. However, it is arguable as to whether it looks better.

When it comes to character models, there's not much to argue on...

Posted ImagePosted Image

EDIT: As Gosoxtim said, let's not go crazy (I did a few days ago :/ ). I mean just look at the announcement trailers for previous KH games, character models always get better.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And these pictures were like a year or two before the games actually released. There's still time for them to change things.

Edited by PrinceNoctis

we all need to relax i understand  we all get impaint with graphic on how they look but we got understand nomura dithch the other engine for  a reason he knew the lumious  engine wasn't  going to work  out and i think he use  the lumious we be waiting a lot longer maybe to 2020 

Edited by gosoxtim

Agreed! The environments are truly amazing but they could work on their character models and after seeing the FF7 trailer, I think we can understand it was their choice to make them look like what they look like. The engine is not at fault for that change.

When it comes to character models, there's not much to argue on...

Posted ImagePosted Image

EDIT: As Gosoxtim said, let's not go crazy (I did a few days ago :/ ). I mean just look at the announcement trailers for previous KH games, character models always get better.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And these pictures were like a year or two before the games actually released. There's still time for them to change things.

Well, I do prefer the Luminous engine graphically, but I didn't want to arouse an argument about graphics since I don't care entirely for it. No doubt it'll look better by release. ;)

I actually like the character models. And I think the game look fine so far. Riku and Kiari actually look great when you see them up close. Sora looks.. kinda weird.. I think its just the hair. I think the one reason why they tend to look weird and plastic like is the lighting. And yes, I'll say the game is still in development. The game still has a while till its release (probably 2017) thats enough time to change the models a bit.