Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
King Arthur

KHUX We can't wait any longer for this release

I have decided we should do something about the whole, unchained not released yet in U.S. Thing by asking anyone on here to help me, and the connection between fans and the creators. I suggest that when the year ends and if Unchained X is not released yet, I suggest we boycott Square Enix's games until they decide they need to release it because this is not how fans of a series are meant to be treated, we aren't animals scrounging for the next meal to be thrown at us, we're people and people don't like being told that their going to get something in a set amount of time just to see them never release it in that amount of time, therefore that is why I ask you, the fans the ones who made this series as popular as it is to join me in showing the creators that we deserve the same treatment as those in Japan and we shouldn't be sitting here twiddling our thumbs asking each other when it's coming out, but what we can do to learn more to get insight to make them understand, I hope someone else agrees with me on this and if so, thank you. They have 6 days until my boycott commences so, that what I wanted to say.

I have decided we should do something about the whole, unchained not released yet in U.S. Thing by asking anyone on here to help me, and the connection between fans and the creators. I suggest that when the year ends and if Unchained X is not released yet, I suggest we boycott Square Enix's games until they decide they need to release it because this is not how fans of a series are meant to be treated, we aren't animals scrounging for the next meal to be thrown at us, we're people and people don't like being told that their going to get something in a set amount of time just to see them never release it in that amount of time, therefore that is why I ask you, the fans the ones who made this series as popular as it is to join me in showing the creators that we deserve the same treatment as those in Japan and we shouldn't be sitting here twiddling our thumbs asking each other when it's coming out, but what we can do to learn more to get insight to make them understand, I hope someone else agrees with me on this and if so, thank you. They have 6 days until my boycott commences so, that what I wanted to say.

How about get over it? Maybe you should do that instead. No one is going to join the "protest" and "boycott" SQEX because you aren't happy waiting longer than you feel is necessary. They answer to everyone's standards and the high standards they established for themselves, not yours alone. KHUX released in JP only this year, do you see anyone complaining? Not really; only you. Everyone else seems to have moved on in their lives and be doing just fine without it. Some have made up for it actually and got the JP version of it. If you think they will release anything within the few days left of 2015, then come back to reality and see it won't happen.By the way, you and the rest of us are going to wait whether you like it or not. You are not entitled to anything. It isn't about you so don't be self centered. Edited by KingdomHearts3

The entitlement is strong in this one.

Like, ignoring the fact that a boycott is a hilariously inefficient way to send this kind of message (and, quite frankly, sends the wrong KIND of message), Square never promised a release date, simply made an announcement that it was coming at some point. Game companies do this all the time, sometimes YEARS in advance of when you're actually going to get the game (such as KH3 =P).

While I agree that a lack of communication can sometimes be frustrating, they don't owe you anything, regardless of how big a fan you are. They're making (localizing) the game, and it will release in due time.

I was just thinking, that it doesn't look like we'll be getting it this year. They could surprise us though, didn't it release in Japan randomly? Or maybe Back Cover will be the only version we receive, who knows?

We're getting it eventually, they where testing NA servers in September.Anyway @topic You know what boycotting gets you from a company like Square? "Interest in Kingdom Hearts has dropped off in NA, it is no longer profitable to localize those titles" Edited by Isamu_Kuno

......................................... do I even need to explain why this is stupid?  -.-

First off, are you under the assumption that they haven't released it in the US yet simply because they don't feel like it? Because that's really REALLY ignorant. They haven't released it yet because they aren't FINISHED with it yet. Do you realize how long it takes to translate every single little thing about a game that has been around and updated for more than 2 years? It's not something you can finish within a month of announcement, it takes time. The reason you don't have the game yet is because they're doing their best to make sure that it's been finished properly. Would you rather have a game released sooner that has a bunch of spelling errors and a glitchy interface? Cause that's what you would get if you actually had enough power to demand it right this second.

Second, how effective do you think boycotts actually are? If it's for something huge and significant, and you have wide-spread support for it, then sometimes, if you're lucky it will gain some kind of attention. But even then it wouldn't guarantee any negotiation or whatever result you desire, if anything it would just be ignored. Because all you're doing is saying that you won't buy or play some company's video games and at best you'll probably only have about 100 people or so follow you, which is puny compared to any country's population, so it wouldn't even be a blip in Square's radar. And again, do you honestly believe anyone is willing to stop playing any of their favorite Square games for the sake of getting one measly app?

In fact ask yourself this, and answer to yourself honestly. Would you really be willing AND able to go for weeks, months, years without ever buying, playing, or even looking at any fan-generated content or videos (walkthroughs, let's plays, reviews, etc.) related to anything Square Enix made? If Kingdom Hearts is your only franchise you follow made by Square, then maybe you might last a while, but if your interest covers more than just KH, with Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Tomb Raider, etc. then you're going to be needlessly torturing yourself if you don't have any other franchises to obsess over for the indeterminable amount of time you would be boycotting such a company.

The fact is, Kingdom Hearts Unchained X IS coming to the US and other territories (yeah that's right, other countries exist too), it just takes time translating everything. They don't want to put a date to anything yet because they want to be absolutely sure that everything they are doing to it is done correctly. You will NOT get it this year, it's way too soon, if anything the earliest it could ever possibly be released would be early Spring 2016, though if anything it might be more likely to come out in late Spring/early Summer. Complaining and pouting that another country has it when they already had all the work gone into it while yours is still being worked on and handled with the same amount of care and saying that it's "not fair" is just childish, ignorant, and makes you come off as a self-entitled brat.

Typically I'm not used to being on this side of things, I was one of the people who was spamming the whole "Square be fair" thing last year, and in hindsight, yeah it was kind of stupid since they were likely going to make the special edition available to everyone anyway. Just because something isn't made to be available to everyone at the same exact time does not mean that it isn't fair, especially if everyone is going to get the same product at some point or another. If anything, complaining like that was more akin to a child complaining that they aren't at DisneyLand yet WHILE the parents are driving them to DisneyLand. You get what I'm saying now? JUST BE PATIENT. It will come out when it will, and it will be perfect because they took the time and care to make sure that nothing is wrong with it, giving it the same treatment that they gave to the Japanese version, so there's your fair treatment.

I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but I think you seriously need a wake-up call.  -.-

To those who keep saying we weren't promised a release date, that may be true, but here's the deal:  The game was announced at E3, an AMERICAN gaming convention, with a trailer that was in English, all points that say it's coming to America.  The mere fact that it has no release date is not what bothers us, the mere fact that it was released in Japan first is not what bothers us.  What bothers us is that it was released in Japan first AND has no English release date.  The least SE could have done was announce the English release date when they released it in Japan, or even better, announced both release dates at E3, even if it was just the season (Japan- Fall 2015 NA- Winter 2015/Spring 2016).  At least then we'd have a vague idea and something to keep our excitement/impatience at bay.

To those who keep saying we weren't promised a release date, that may be true, but here's the deal:  The game was announced at E3, an AMERICAN gaming convention, with a trailer that was in English, all points that say it's coming to America.  The mere fact that it has no release date is not what bothers us, the mere fact that it was released in Japan first is not what bothers us.  What bothers us is that it was released in Japan first AND has no English release date.  The least SE could have done was announce the English release date when they released it in Japan, or even better, announced both release dates at E3, even if it was just the season (Japan- Fall 2015 NA- Winter 2015/Spring 2016).  At least then we'd have a vague idea and something to keep our excitement/impatience at bay.

But they would have had no idea when the game is going to be released at that point; regardless of what people are hoping for with a surprise release, it's much more of a western concept to announce the projected release date of a title as soon as possible. And even then, that's usually just wishful thinking, and titles get continually delayed to the point where it makes you wonder why they announced it at all.

I had to check to see if this was in Random.

It's been said many times: be patient. You still have the ability to download the Japanese version as well. If you need any assistance, ask on the forums. Simple.

or you could just be more patient and less entitled

Exactly!Just because you have the screen name of royalty doesn't mean you are to be treated like you are. You, "your majesty", are going to wait like every normal, selfless, non selfish human being.