Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Deathdealer

Final Fantasy XV on the PC(DON'T PANIC fellow PC Gamers it's most likely coming)

Recently this week Tabata himself released this statement

"Really?! Where did you hear this? If anything, it is a misunderstanding. There will be no PC port. We never planned for it. The game is originally developed on the PC first and what we said was how the pre-beta works very smoothly on the PC and now optimizations are being made (just like any beta testing would be like) for the consoles. Please do not misunderstand.

IF a PROPER PC version is to be made, then many changes have to be made and a lot of things have to be reconsidered before such a move can be made."

Some people thought this to mean that the PC is never getting FFXV, but I would like to inform anyone who is panicking, and the console fanboys that hate the PC for some reason and PC gamers( even though assholes exist in all walks of life) 

All this statement means that their is not going to be  PC port near the launch of the console, he is talking about when FFXV launches it will only debut on the consoles, not yet the PC, it  only means PC Gamers like myself may have to wait a little while after the console versions before.

This reasoning fits a previous statement 

Tabata-san also added that getting to sixty frames per second would be impossible on consoles. With a full open world game, with action-based combat, so many special effects and moving objects and characters, running at 1080p and 60 FPS would require a top PC.

Speaking of PC, Tabata-san mentioned that there’s no current solid plan for a PC version, and that’s because the tuning for a PC game is different from a console game.

At the moment the team is focusing on getting the final game out and tuning it for a TV screen in the living room. The team feels that people have been waiting for the game for a long time, so it’s important to release it as soon as possible.

That said, once the console version will be out, they will want to think about the next step, and they’ll consider a PC version too.

Tabata-san is also very interested in Steam, because it allows to reach a very different demographic from the one offered by consoles, so he’ll be looking at creating opportunities to use the platform in the future.

He has also made similar statement in the past when back in Janurary  when he was asked if Final Fantasy Type-0 HD(A game that is currently on Steam I might add, but at the time was only confirmed for Xbox One and PlayStation 4) 

When a fan asked about PC version, Tabata was quick to crack a joke about Half-Life 3. “There are currently no plans for a PC version, but I am very interested in Steam. The thing is, I want to know when Valve’s going to release Half-Life 2 Episode 3.”

Read more at: http://gearnuke.com/square-enix-comments-final-fantasy-type-0-hd-pc-vita-version/

Now you may be asking why does Square Enix do these things, why do they say they have no plans to release something on the PC, when it is confirmed for the PS4/XboxOne. 

Well it's simple people waited over 7 years for FFXV, SE wants to capitalize on that wait, on gamers in general remember PC Gamers like myself can own consoles(The only current gen console I own is the Wii U, and probably the only Next Gen console I will own is the Nintendo NX, but I might buy the PS5 or the Xbox Two).

Square Enix knows that people don't want to wait any longer for FFXV, and if the game is playable 30fps locked, then people even PC Gamers will buy one of the console versions, then when they release a superior version on PC, and get people to buy it on Steam, so basically double dipping in an attempt to maximize profits(Which I guess works somewhat because timed exclusives exist)

To sum it up, it's pretty much, very much, almost confirmed to come to PC,  but it will be after the console versions.

It's been confirmed ages ago. All the mainline Final Fantasy games are coming to PC, regardless of what they say (not sure about the spinoffs, unless you consider Type-0 a spinoff). Obviously, it won't happen initially. Probably a year or two after console versions release.

Edited by MythrilMagician

Looking at that article's comment section is like watching salt being poured out of a shaker.

EDIT: On a side note, it was always likely that FFXV would come to PC considering Square is starting to crack down on getting FF games on it anyway.

Edited by Rocketboy227

It's been confirmed ages ago. All the mainline Final Fantasy games are coming to PC, regardless of what they say (not sure about the spinoffs, unless you consider Type-0 a spinoff). Obviously, it won't happen initially.

This post  is  mainly for the console fanboys  on this site who would be jumping for joy thinking FFXV is never coming to PC.

This post  is  mainly for the console fanboys  on this site who would be jumping for joy thinking FFXV is never coming to PC.

I would think it's for the PC gamers, considering the title says "DON'T PANIC fellow PC Gamers", but okay. lol

This community is fairly small and there aren't any people here who praise their platforms. They'd more likely be happy that more people get to play it.

Of course, it'll come to PC after the DLC and GOTY edition are out.

There better not be some bs microtransactions in FFXV or I'm gonna be pissed, however it would be funny if they did make a GOTY addition I do hope FFXV does win a game of the year award, and it comes out on PC, Q1 of 2017 I want a port with 4K Support, unlocked framerate, SLI support, texture options and anti-aliasing options so in other words THE STANDARD FEATURES.

I would think it's for the PC gamers, considering the title says "DON'T PANIC fellow PC Gamers", but okay. lol

Them to, 

There better not be some bs microtransactions in FFXV or I'm gonna be pissed, however it would be funny if they did make a GOTY addition I do hope FFXV does win a game of the year award, and it comes out on PC, Q1 of 2017 I want a port with 4K Support, unlocked framerate, SLI support, texture options and anti-aliasing options so in other words THE STANDARD FEATURES.

Them to, 

There will be plenty of DLC. They have confirmed this. They will make a GOTY edition. They did for XIII-2 in Japan and XIV: ARR.

Good luck getting it Q1. DLC expected to last awhile, even talking airship DLC. BD2 have also already started early next work on their next project. Good luck getting an unlocked frame rate. Likely 60 max. You'll get 4K support and graphic options. Haha.

Edited by Sora96

There will be plenty of DLC. They have confirmed this. They will make a GOTY edition. They did for XIII-2 in Japan and XIV: ARR.

Good luck getting it Q1. DLC expected to last awhile, even talking airship DLC. They've also started early next work on the next project. Good luck getting an unlocked frame rate. Likely 60 max. You'll get 4K support and graphic options. Haha.

I put Q1  2017 because it took about 6 months for FF type-0 hd to launch on the PC, FFXV might come out in summer, so I'm going to go with June, July or August for the console release and since Q1 Jan-March  which  gives a 6-10 month gap.

I put Q1  2017 because it took about 6 months for FF type-0 hd to launch on the PC, FFXV might come out in summer, so I'm going to go with June, July or August for the console release and since Q1 Jan-March  which  gives a 6-10 month gap.

Type-0 HD didn't have any DLC though. And even then, the Type-0 HD PC port was pretty bad at first. A month of patches were needed. We're looking at six months of DLC for XV. They made it clear, if they can't fit something in at launch it'll be DLC. I doubt a PC port will be their highest priority. They'll have XV DLC to worry about, their new IP, supporting Perfect World with Type-0 Online and if they want to do Type-1. Haha.

Edited by Sora96

Type-0 HD didn't have any DLC though. And even then, the Type-0 HD PC port was pretty bad at first. A month of patches were needed. We're looking at six months of DLC for XV. They made it clear, if they can't fit something in at launch it'll be DLC. I doubt a PC port will be their highest priority. They'll have XV DLC to worry about, their new IP, supporting Perfect World with Type-0 Online and if they want to do Type-1. Haha.

A porting team isn't that big(It's a matter of talent, and length of development), in fact they can do the DLC, as well as make a PC Port of FFXV within the 6-10 months.

What I'm trying to say they most likely have a specified team to make the PC Port, and another to make the DLC.

FF Type-0 Online also has a specfic team dealing with it, they won't need to take resources away from porting a game from one x86 to another, and Final Fantasy Type-1 has no release, but it won't take resources from a porting team for FFXV, unless they actually need ever man on their staff to make FF Type-.

Square Enix has multiple divisions so porting a game can be done even when DLC is being made unless they will actually need people who can form a porting team to work on the DLC. 

A porting team isn't that big(It's a matter of talent, and length of development), in fact they can do the DLC, as well as make a PC Port of FFXV within the 6-10 months.

What I'm trying to say they most likely have a specified team to make the PC Port, and another to make the DLC.

FF Type-0 Online also has a specfic team dealing with it, they won't need to take resources away from porting a game from one x86 to another, and Final Fantasy Type-1 has no release, but it won't take resources from a porting team for FFXV, unless they actually need ever man on their staff to make FF Type-.

Square Enix has multiple divisions so porting a game can be done even when DLC is being made unless they will actually need people who can form a porting team to work on the DLC. 

Yes, they have 12 divisions but porting XV is up to BD2. BD1 is busy themselves with VII Remake, Mobius and likely X-3, plus if they are planning to port the XIII series to PS4 & Xbox One that's their job. BD3 is busy with KH3, KH2.8, WoFF, SaGa Scarlet Grace, SaGa ports and Front Mission according to Siliconera. BD4 is pretty small they just work with other developers. BD5 is busy with XI, XIV, Grandmasters, XI mobile and are rumoured to be working on XII HD and XVI while BD6 that's Dragon Quest and Bravely. BD7 works with tri-Ace and makes arcade games. BD8 onwards focus on mobile & web browser games.

Edited by Sora96

Also he said that the DLC will be free, and is only done if it's impossible to fit certain things can't fit within the game itself, so they aren't making money on it in the first place, and considering a port can be well 1. outsourced, or done in house 2. A port of FFXV can take 12-34 guys to actually make, they just need to be talented and given more than 2 months( Which is the time WB is rumored to have given Iron Galaxy which is why the port was well for a lack of better term pungent dogshit)  

Also Tabata never gave how much DLC or how long DLC will be released

Hajime Tabata said that if they’re able to add things into Final Fantasy XV, they will—even if it means having to do so through DLC.

Should they add content to the game via DLC, it will always be for free. For example, if they are to add airships through DLC, it will be a free download

So they won't be making money on the DLC at all, where as they will actually make money on a PC port of FFXV, which can be outsourced to another talented development team of 12(or less I believe Valkryia Chronicles took 4) to 34 if it will actually be trouble for SE to do it, and they give them more than well 1-2 months to make a good final PC port build, then release it on Steam in Q1 2017 if not earlier.

Also he said that the DLC will be free, and is only done if it's impossible to fit certain things can't fit within the game itself, so they aren't making money on it in the first place, and considering a port can be well 1. outsourced, or done in house 2. A port of FFXV can take 12-34 guys to actually make, they just need to be talented and given more than 2 months( Which is the time WB is rumored to have given Iron Galaxy which is why the port was well for a lack of better term pungent dogshit)  

Also Tabata never gave how much DLC or how long DLC will be released

So they won't be making money on the DLC at all, where as they will actually make money on a PC port of FFXV, which can be outsourced to another talented development team of 12(or less I believe Valkryia Chronicles took 4) to 34 if it will actually be trouble for SE to do it, and they give them more than well 1-2 months to make a good final PC port build, then release it on Steam in Q1 2017 if not earlier.

Keep hoping on hoping for Q1. In case you forgot, Lightning Returns took a year. I doubt they'll worry about the PC port until all the DLC is done.

Keep hoping on hoping for Q1. In case you forgot, Lightning Returns took a year. I doubt they'll worry about the PC port until all the DLC is done.

Well Lightning Returns was made for a system with PowerPC architecture, and Cell architecture, so of course it's going to take longer than a few months, since the optimization would be harder.

Final Fantasy XV is being made full scale which is basically a developers , then ported to the other consoles which are x86 machines, it's not the same thing as porting a PowerPC Xbox 360 game, then translating the code to run on x86 natively, then enhancing the game itself, If anything it will be much easier because the PC version is already their they just need to tailor it to consumer grade machines. 

It also wouldn't actually matter to me if the game came out during Q1 of 2017, if it came out on Q2 I wouldn't have a problem with it, I simply looked at the variables surrounding the game itself, and came to the conclusion it's a Q1 2017 port even though I could very well be wrong, hell I want them to take enough time to make a decent PC Port  because it just means that they will try harder, like LR:FFXIII while yes the resolution options were mediocre, at least it ran at 60FPS and through mods people were given the option to run the game at a higher resolution.

I'm not hoping for q1 2017 port, I'm making a educated guess for all we know the PC port could come out the exact same year as the console version.

However I do expect a 2016 PC port announcement though, and considering that they aren't making money on the DLC(They probably aren't going to add much DLC at all), and a port can be done by 12 or more people, just given enough time, especially since it can be outsourced, I do suspect a FFXV PC will be announced Q4 2016 then put on Steam in Q1 2017

Well Lightning Returns was made for a system with PowerPC architecture, and Cell architecture, so of course it's going to take longer than a few months, since the optimization would be harder.

Final Fantasy XV is being made full scale which is basically a developers , then ported to the other consoles which are x86 machines, it's not the same thing as porting a PowerPC Xbox 360 game, then translating the code to run on x86 natively, then enhancing the game itself, If anything it will be much easier because the PC version is already their they just need to tailor it to consumer grade machines. 

It also wouldn't actually matter to me if the game came out during Q1 of 2017, if it came out on Q2 I wouldn't have a problem with it, I simply looked at the variables surrounding the game itself, and came to the conclusion it's a Q1 2017 port even though I could very well be wrong, hell I want them to take enough time to make a decent PC Port  because it just means that they will try harder, like LR:FFXIII while yes the resolution options were mediocre, at least it ran at 60FPS and through mods people were given the option to run the game at a higher resolution.

I'm not hoping for q1 2017 port, I'm making a educated guess for all we know the PC port could come out the exact same year as the console version.

However I do expect a 2016 PC port announcement though, and considering that they aren't making money on the DLC(They probably aren't going to add much DLC at all), and a port can be done by 12 or more people, just given enough time, especially since it can be outsourced, I do suspect a FFXV PC will be announced Q4 2016 then put on Steam in Q1 2017

LR just got patched mate.

The comments on DLC make it sound like there will be a lot. Airship DLC won't be simple.

Type-0 HD took five months and despite it being playable at many events launched in shocking fashion. A month worth of patches wasn't enough to bring the reviews to even Mostly Positive. Type-0 HD was also a lot easier to port I'm sure. I think you can expect a GOTY edition and PC port about a year after release. If we get XV in September 2016, expect it in Fall 2017 unless you want a shit port.

Edited by Sora96

LR just got patched mate.

The comments on DLC make it sound like there will be a lot. Airship DLC won't be simple.

Type-0 HD took five months and despite it being playable at many events launched in shocking fashion. A month worth of patches wasn't enough to bring the reviews to even Mostly Positive. Type-0 HD was also a lot easier to port I'm sure. I think you can expect a GOTY edition and PC port about a year after release. If we get XV in September 2016, expect it in Fall 2017 unless you want a shit port.

I know that LR got a patch, and yes they make it sound like a lot, but they also said they will fit as much as they can in the base game, they never guaranteed DLC in the first place, they simply said if we can add things in the game they will, and the DLC part is simply if they have no other way of doing so like putting it in the finshed product, and it's free so if anything, they are more likely to put Airship  in the base game itself, they are also finished with the game  they are probably going to release it in the summer 2016 which the survey itself hints a Summer 2016 same time as Persona 5, and considering they can outsource the port to talented people or simply get their own talent to do it a 6-10 month gap between the console and PC version wouldn't be detrimental to the PC port itself, and the Final Fantasy Type-0 HD port was actually pretty playable at launch, however it was a very disappointing port because it didn't really showcase what the PC can do.

I know that LR got a patch, and yes they make it sound like a lot, but they also said they will fit as much as they can in the base game, they never guaranteed DLC in the first place, they simply said if we can add things in the game they will, and the DLC part is simply if they have no other way of doing so like putting it in the finshed product, and it's free so if anything, they are more likely to put Airship  in the base game itself, they are also finished with the game  they are probably going to release it in the summer 2016 which the survey itself hints a Summer 2016 same time as Persona 5, and considering they can outsource the port to talented people or simply get their own talent to do it a 6-10 month gap between the console and PC version wouldn't be detrimental to the PC port itself, and the Final Fantasy Type-0 HD port was actually pretty playable at launch, however it was a very disappointing port because it didn't really showcase what the PC can do.

That's why they had like 4 large patches following launch. Well they clearly aren't releasing it in August.

That's why they had like 4 large patches following launch. Well they clearly aren't releasing it in August. the patches were stablitiy 

They were stabiliy patches, but the game was still playable 

http://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-type-0-port-analysis-snatching-defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory/#page-2  Durante even said the performance is exceedingly solid.

Here is his conclusion on the port:

Finishing up this article, I remain very conflicted. Compared to the initial release and even patched state of FF13 and FF13-2, Type-0 is nothing short of a technical tour-de-force: incredibly solid performance, modern implementation techniques and good high-end image quality options. It even packs in a number of meaningful gameplay improvements!

Nonetheless, all this truly solid work is let down by a few staggeringly stupid decisions. So here is my appeal to Square-Enix:

• For the love of all that is holy, figure out how to query the OS for a list of available resolutions, and offer them to the user. Especially if your game clearly already supports rendering at those resolutions.
  • Find someone to design and implement your mouse/keyboard controls who has actually played a third-person game on PC with mouse and keyboard. This problem is solved, and has been for at least a decade.
  • Don't engineer your future games in a way which makes it apparently impossible for what is clearly a technically competent porting team to change the framerate. This is the 21st century.

I might seem more upset than usual about this—that's because I am. The reason is that FF Type-0 has all the makings of an excellent port, barring these three points, two of which should be very easy to fix.

Even with these drawbacks, it is eminently playable, and easily the best version of the game as long as you own a controller. But it is so very, frustratingly close to being much more.

Some problems could also attribute to it origiinally being a PSP like the dumb FPS lock