Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

There is NOTHING wrong with preferring story over gameplay

maybe you're right. I do kinda fear people's opposition to my opinion because it feels like I have to agree with them, causing me to defend whatever I have to defend.

Then, to put it quite honestly from an outsider's point of view, you're doing what your friends are doing in reality even after you described your frustration with it. i think you know what the term for that kind of behavior is. See, it's called tolerance. You aren't being forced to do anything. Everyone has their own opinion and you have yours. I think you also overreact and let your emotions take control. You should practice self control too.

Then, to put it quite honestly from an outsider's point of view, you're doing what your friends are doing in reality even after you described your frustration with it. i think you know what the term for that kind of behavior is. See, it's called tolerance. You aren't being forced to do anything. Everyone has their own opinion and you have yours. I think you also overreact and let your emotions take control. You should practice self control too.

yeah, but I just don't like it when people word their opinion like this "gameplay is the most important thing that a game should have and if you put gameplay over story, go read a book or something." when people word it that way it makes it seem like I have to agree with them. 

Edited by Luke Fon Fabre

yeah, but I just don't like it when people word their opinion like this "gameplay is the most important thing that a game should have and if you put gameplay over story, go read a book or something." when people word it that way it makes it seem like I have to agree with them.

They say that. Yeah... and? If they are forcing you to agree with them, hold your ground. If they start acting disrespectful and condescending, then point out their behavior and make it clear they are being that way by being respectful yet firm. If they are just talking about it and dramatizing their opinion and you assume they are stating it the way you told me, then you know what happens when you assume.It all boils down to patience, tolerance, and self control. Complaining by saying "I don't like how people say it this way or that way and they make me feel this way or that way" to me or anyone makes no progress and wastes time and energy. Be an adult and take ownership of your actions and words and handle situations like an adult productively and not complaining he said- she said to people. So I ask you: what are you going to do about it? Edited by KingdomHearts3

They say that. Yeah... and? If they are forcing you to agree with them, hold your ground. If they start acting disrespectful and condescending, then point out their behavior and make it clear they are being that way by being respectful yet firm. If they are just talking about it and dramatizing their opinion and you assume they are stating it the way you told me, then you know what happens when you assume.It all boils down to patience, tolerance, and self control. Complaining by saying "I don't like how people say it this way or that way and they make me feel this way or that way" to me or anyone makes no progress and wastes time and energy. Be an adult and take ownership of your actions and words and handle situations like an adult productively and not complaining he said- she said to people. So I ask you: what are you going to do about it?

I guess I'll try to be less sensitive in the future and do the things you said so that everything will be easier on me. 

I guess I'll try to be less sensitive in the future and do the things you said so that everything will be easier on me.

There you go. There is step one to self control. Already made some progress by committing yourself. Now put those words into actions. By the way, (since Star Wars is in theaters now) there's do or do not, there is no try.

so... my opinion is invalid? 

Wow, when did I EVER say that? I just asked a question. That's why I added "this is a serious question btw"

Wow, when did I EVER say that? I just asked a question. That's why I added "this is a serious question btw"

you made it SEEM like you were trying to opinionate me is all. sorry, I'm a bit sensitive xP

Edited by Luke Fon Fabre