Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

While her alarm clock going ballistic, Flaire remained in her carriage loudly snoring as see unconsciously overslept. She was entralled by her dream which consisted of rain pouring from the sky, her running after a murderer in the dead of night, and the taste of 1 hour old dark chocolate lingering at the back of throat. Her dream began with an investigation and evolved into an on foot pursuit of the supposed killer who was trying to flee the scene. She was breathing heavily and her heart was beating in hyperdrive as she ran and she began to inch closer and closer to the suspect. she extended her arm to measure the pouncing distance and to line up the direction in which she would jump (diagonally to the right and just a foot ahead of the target). "Just have to close in a few more feet." she thought to herself "Closer..... closer........... I can get him!" She leape- BANG! CRASH! OOF! She was woken up by the sound of falling equipment that came from outside of her carriage. She sprung up from her bed and frantically inspected the carriage to make sure no murders were in her room. She turned into her fox form and hide under the bed. "WHAT!? IS ANYBODY THEIR!?!" She yelped as she snapped her head from side to side to observe all corner of the room. When she finally realized that she was only dreaming, she let out a sigh. She got from under her bed and tranformed back into her human form. "Man, I've got to stop going to sleep sooo late and eating chocolate on top of that." she said as she licked to back of her hand and rubbing the back of her ear with it.

After that traumatic experience, she finally noticed the beep beeping noise that was coming from her alarm clock. When she picked it up off of the hook- that she installed herself- and saw the time. Her stomach punched her heart and her kidney kicked her pancreas. "CRAP! I NEED TO PUT UP THE CRACKER JACKS TENT!" She yelled to herself as she picked up the tent equipment from the corner of the carriage and bolted out the door. "How the hell did I oversleep! I never do that!" She thought to herself.

As she passed everybody, she said "hello", but when she passed the doctors, she neglected their existance as if their physical matter equalled empty space. When Flaire found the spot she was supposed to set the tent up on, she quickly laid out the tarp, put the spikes in the ground, used her purple flames to raise the tarp, and put the pole in the center. She breathed a sigh of relief "Good thing I didn't have a lot to set up" she said to herself "Now, what to do?" She looked around to see if anybody needed anything.

Raven landed in front of happy, smiling at his cat he always had with him.

"I was looking at the missions list, and I noticed that there was something about assassinating." She said, her eyes still on the cat. 

Really she just saw the word assassination and knew she had to go with it. 

"I will have time after the show to take the mission if that is okay with you, Happy." Raven proposed, her eyes turning to their Ring Master. 

"I think I have someone who can help me out with it too, we will make a great team!" she exclaimed, folding her hands together.

"Please let me and Snake go on this mission!" she begged, closing her eyes with a huge smile on her face. 

"I was looking at the missions list, and I noticed that there was something about assassinating." She said, her eyes still on the cat. 

"I will have time after the show to take the mission if that is okay with you, Happy." Raven proposed, her eyes turning to their Ring Master. 

"I think I have someone who can help me out with it too, we will make a great team!" she exclaimed, folding her hands together.

"Please let me and Snake go on this mission!" she begged, closing her eyes with a huge smile on her face. 

"What might this be about...assassinating?" Cillan somehow managed to sneak up on Raven. Lord knows where Cillan has been to, but at least he's come back. "If this is one of those missions, then I request I come with. Perhaps I could...reap the benefits, in killing this individual, or whatever it may be. Do not worry, though. I will hold my own in the mission itself."

Finally getting his hands free from the earth beneath him, Victor sat back smiling and chuckling. Even though he usually hung out alone, he was always cheerful around others, usually taking on the role of the fool. Looking around, Victor was glad to see that all was well and everyone was happy. Noticing that there were new quests up on the bulletin board, Victor jumped to his feet curiously. Fixing his clothes and dusting the earth off his hands, the immortal approached the bulletin board with a slight frown."Damn, it doesn't matter what there is to offer, I can't go because I'm already performing in the show. Well, I guess I can't complain when I'm going to be tonights main attraction."Victor puffed out his collar confidently, looking quite arrogant to those who were standing around him."Anyway~... Where did those troublesome kids go? I thought they wanted me to treat them to ice cream."Victor shrugged, turning away as he walked around with his hands behind his head. Glimpsing over at a few windows of the local buildings, Victor groaned as he was unable to see his own reflection."How's a Vampire supposed to brush his hair, seriously?"Even though he seemed to be joking on the outside, Victor was beginning to feel terrible on the inside. He'd lived for so long without coming into contact with his reflection, the Vampire had actually forgotten what he'd looked like. Coming to a halt, Victor closed his eyes and lay his hands over his face. Whispering to himself, feeling as if he were the only person who existed in the world, Victor spoke."I feel these features... I understand how they fit together... I can see a face... But I do not see myself. This is the face of a stranger who died... A very long time ago... And I am just his shadow."

Now that the vampire's hands had escaped earthy peril, Orali bounced after the others to look at the board. "It looks like I'm doing paper three today!" Still, it was good to see what was going on, so that she could tell the others of she noticed anything. 'Victor looks a bit sad,' she noted as he walked away and made a comment about his hair. He masked it like an expert, so that fact that she could tell was even more concerning. The spirit trailed quietly behind the vampire to find out what was wrong, sighing as she heard him speak. Sure, he always had a cheerful mask on around her, but he was a good person. He deserved to be really happy. Orali couldn't force him to see that, though. For now, it might be best to give him time to think. She would try to cheer him up later, though. She smiled, wandering off to find some people to welcome, walking on her hands again because feet were boring.(Edited so that Oblivion 22 doesn't have to find a reasonable way to react to my nonsense. :) )

As she passed everybody, she said "hello", but when she passed the doctors, she neglected their existance as if their physical matter equalled empty space. When Flaire found the spot she was supposed to set the tent up on, she quickly laid out the tarp, put the spikes in the ground, used her purple flames to raise the tarp, and put the pole in the center. She breathed a sigh of relief "Good thing I didn't have a lot to set up" she said to herself "Now, what to do?" She looked around to see if anybody needed anything.

As Orali walked she noticed Flaire outside of her tent. She quietly moved to her feet, wondering if she could surprise the kitsune this time. The spirit was good at being quiet, but she couldn't make her smell disappear. She would have to be fast, but still sneaky. With a nod of determination, Orali speedily tip toed up behind the purple fox lady, and poked her on the shoulder. "Did I surprise you? How are you doing, I haven't seen you today!" Which was worrying, Flaire didn't oversleep, so she might have been murdered! Or maybe she was just overreacting. Edited by Kingdom Key D

(Greetings, I have risen from the dead!... Or not. But I'm still finally joining this after an endless debate on who I wanted to pick. Just beware though I'm kinda lost so I'm gonna do my best! ^^')

Frantically, a rookie guard approached Happy and fearfully tapped the Ringmaster on the shoulder. Honestly he was afraid of the Ringmaster, especially since he was always so creepy and happy all the time. He was shaking in his poor combat boots.

"U-Uh sorry to interrupt you, sir... But I can't find lil' Sammy..." He stammered with a thick southern accent. "The tents he was supposed to put up are all up already, and he's not in the caravan he likes to sleep in and I can't find him at all... I-I uh, I know he like's to hide 'n all and you're really the only one he opens up t-to so I w-was hopen' you could help me find him?" The guard asked. He nervously gave a small wave to Raven.

"M-Mornin'..."

Meanwhile, Sam was doing just that. He currently was sitting underneath a tree as a shadow, playing Pokémon on a game boy. He liked the classics just as much as the more recent games, and it was really one of the only things he liked doing other than a few other hobbies he liked doing. The boy was shy, and often hid when he was done with his work. Happy was the only person he'd actually willingly talk to on his own time, and perhaps maybe some of the others like Flaire, Nate and Kate. Still, he was very close to Happy and considered Happy as a sort of older brother figure, or maybe even a fatherly figure. He let out a small sigh, letting the calm quietness of his surroundings soothe him. "..." He captured a Pokemon for every single member of the Circus, and named them accordingly. Flaire was Vulpix, and so on.

Edited by Aqua7KH

As Orali walked she noticed Flaire outside of her tent. She quietly moved to her feet, wondering if she could surprise the kitsune this time. The spirit was good at being quiet, but she couldn't make her smell disappear. She would have to be fast, but still sneaky. With a nod of determination, Orali speedily tip toed up behind the purple fox lady, and poked her on the shoulder. "Did I surprise you? How are you doing, I haven't seen you today!" Which was worrying, Flaire didn't oversleep, so she might have been murdered! Or maybe she was just overreacting. 

Flaire's ears shot up into the air, she yelped, and she jumped about 8 feet off the ground- a new record of her's- after Orali poked her on the shoulder. She spun around in mid air and prepared to execute a leg drop until she noticed it was Orali. Instead of leg dropping Orali, Flaire found her balance in mid fall and landed on her feet, showing off her nimbleness. "Goddamn it, Orali!" Flaire exclaimed "Yes! You did surprise me and please don't do it again for today. It's been an off kind of morning for me". Flaire finished with a sigh and smiled. "But, nevermind that." she pleasantly said trying to change her serious aura. She gently held Orali's cheeks with both of her hands and looked her straight in the eyes. "How have you been today, cutie?" Flaire said finishing the question with a smirk and playfully smushed Orali's cheeks together. 

Fred snapped out of his mumbling status when the twins spoke up, and turned to them. Fred has already at least seen everybody around, so he already knew about these two. "Oh, Happy? I see...yeah, that makes sense. Yeah, we can do that mission! And we'll be sure to do our best, right? We have lives on the line here!" Though it took a while, another though popped into Fred's mind. "Uh, wait, aren't you two too young to be doing something like this? It seems like it might be fairly dangerous. Do you have ways of defending yourselves?"

The twins blinked at Fred and then slowly turned to look at each other, then back at Fred. "Trust us. We can totally handle any danger!" Nate insisted. Kate smiled and clapped their hands together. "We may be tiny but we were deformed for a reason, you know. We aren't completely useless!" Kate added. The twins grabbed Fred's hands, beginning to pull him over to where Happy was. "Come on, don't be scared! This should actually be pretty fun!" Kate squealed. "Yeah, better than to perform in front of a bunch of people all day long and have them poke you around." Nate added, pulling Fred over to Happy, the twins being all too cheerful about it.

Happy smiled brightly at Raven as she asked about the mission. "Oh? You want the one about the traitor? Oh joy! I've been hoping someone competent would ask for that mission tonight!" Happy said, however his eyes narrowed at the suggestion of her doing it with Snake after the circus. "Actually I cannot say yes to such, my dear. There is a reason why it must be done while the circus is entertaining its guests. While the town is busy with us and our performances, you will do the mission, that way if there are any screams or much of a mess, no one will be able to hear it, as there won't be any witnesses. As all will be busy attending our show~" Happy explained. "Regardless, you can go ahead and do the mission with whoever you want, my dear." Happy insisted. It was mostly just strategy. The people were distracted, and everything in the end was declared an unfortunate accident or unsolved crime.

Frantically, a rookie guard approached Happy and fearfully tapped the Ringmaster on the shoulder. Honestly he was afraid of the Ringmaster, especially since he was always so creepy and happy all the time. He was shaking in his poor combat boots."U-Uh sorry to interrupt you, sir... But I can't find lil' Sammy..." He stammered with a thick southern accent. "The tents he was supposed to put up are all up already, and he's not in the caravan he likes to sleep in and I can't find him at all... I-I uh, I know he like's to hide 'n all and you're really the only one he opens up t-to so I w-was hopen' you could help me find him?" The guard asked. He nervously gave a small wave to Raven."M-Mornin'..."

Happy blinked a few times and turned over to the rookie guard. "Oh hello. Don't tell me Sammy has ran off to hide again? Dear me, I need to get that kid a pet or something." Happy insisted. Pets weren't unusual to have in a circus, especially when there were beast tamers and so on...maybe he could get the kid a hellhound or something of the sorts. "I'll help you look for him in a bit, he does have to help out, some of our usual performers are heading out for some missions that need to be taken care of."

Raven leap back as soon as Cillian walked over, spreading out one of her wings to keep distance between them. 

"We are not hiring an assassin, nor am I lugging him back over here for parts. My wings can carry up to one person...barely." She snapped at Cillian. 

A guard approached them, Raven waved kindly to the guard. She knew Sam would run off a lot, and she feels a little bad for the boy.

"Oh I remember when the boy got here my first year..." Raven kind of dazed for a second, thinking about the day.

((AND THEN STAR POST IN THE MIDDLE OF MY TYPING))

Raven cleared her throat, turning her attention back to Happy.

"I understand sir." she bowed slightly.

"I'll do it as soon as the show starts, my performance ins't until near the end." Raven said seriously to her Ring Master.

The twins blinked at Fred and then slowly turned to look at each other, then back at Fred. "Trust us. We can totally handle any danger!" Nate insisted. Kate smiled and clapped their hands together. "We may be tiny but we were deformed for a reason, you know. We aren't completely useless!" Kate added. The twins grabbed Fred's hands, beginning to pull him over to where Happy was. "Come on, don't be scared! This should actually be pretty fun!" Kate squealed. "Yeah, better than to perform in front of a bunch of people all day long and have them poke you around." Nate added, pulling Fred over to Happy, the twins being all too cheerful about it.

Fred saw truth in what they said. Fred stayed to perform the last time, and he honestly found it rather odd. A mix of excitement and humiliation. "Well, if you two insist that you can handle yourselves, then I suppose I have no objections." Fred let the two lead him to Happy. Fred hasn't spoken with Happy all to often. And from what Fred has heard, he's equal parts happy and creepy.

Raven leap back as soon as Cillian walked over, spreading out one of her wings to keep distance between them. 

"We are not hiring an assassin, nor am I lugging him back over here for parts. My wings can carry up to one person...barely." She snapped at Cillian. 

Cillan took a moment to adjust his glasses as Raven spread out her wings. "Tsk, fine fine. If you didn't want me to come with, you could just say so. So angry, I must say..." Cillan then, almost out of nowhere, plucked a loose feather from the wing Raven had outstretched. "I'll be examining this. To think I haven't thought of this sooner..." Cillan, who began mumbling to himself, began walking off in the opposite direction. And quite frankly, he really was just wandering, completely enamored by a simple feather. If only he could see where he was going...

Flaire's ears shot up into the air, she yelped, and she jumped about 8 feet off the ground- a new record of her's- after Orali poked her on the shoulder. She spun around in mid air and prepared to execute a leg drop until she noticed it was Orali. Instead of leg dropping Orali, Flaire found her balance in mid fall and landed on her feet, showing off her nimbleness. "Goddamn it, Orali!" Flaire exclaimed "Yes! You did surprise me and please don't do it again for today. It's been an off kind of morning for me". Flaire finished with a sigh and smiled. "But, nevermind that." she pleasantly said trying to change her serious aura. She gently held Orali's cheeks with both of her hands and looked her straight in the eyes. "How have you been today, cutie?" Flaire said finishing the question with a smirk and playfully smushed Orali's cheeks together.

Orali laughed as Flaire shot into the air, completely ignoring almost getting kicked. The fox lady had excellent control. Still, the pale girl quieted as she noted her friend's serious demeanor, and nodded her acquiesce to the request to not repeat her offense. For today, at least. It was too bad that the hunter was having a bad day though. She wondered if there was anything she could do to help. Her train of thought was interrupted as the kitsune held her face. The spirit smiled as well as she could with her cheeks being smushed. "I am doing quite upside down today! But then, as today seems like a rather upside down day, does that mean I am really right side up and everyone else is upside down?" She wondered, scrunching up her eyebrows.

Raven cleared her throat, turning her attention back to Happy.

"I understand sir." she bowed slightly.

"I'll do it as soon as the show starts, my performance ins't until near the end." Raven said seriously to her Ring Master.

Happy smiled and clapped his hands happily. “Thank you, my dear.” Happy said sincerely.

Fred saw truth in what they said. Fred stayed to perform the last time, and he honestly found it rather odd. A mix of excitement and humiliation. "Well, if you two insist that you can handle yourselves, then I suppose I have no objections." Fred let the two lead him to Happy. Fred hasn't spoken with Happy all to often. And from what Fred has heard, he's equal parts happy and creepy.

Happy turned and saw the twins walk over along with Fred. “Oh~ What are you guys up to? You aren’t going to make up some trouble are you?” Happy asked. “We came to ask about the mission about the missing kids.” Nate answered. “Oh! You want to do that mission? My how happy that makes me. Well, for starters children have started to disappear much more recently, however this is certainly the work of something of supernatural source. You must track down whatever is kidnapping these children and eliminate it.” Happy explained. “Where should we start?” Kate asked. “Just outside the town, there is a connection of caves that form almost like a labyrinth. They were once for mining but have long since been abandoned. Some bones have been found inside, but your task is to venture even deeper and find its lair.” Happy explained, smiling ever so creepily at Fred. “Hopefully you’ll make it out of it alive.”

Happy turned and saw the twins walk over along with Fred. “Oh~ What are you guys up to? You aren’t going to make up some trouble are you?” Happy asked. “We came to ask about the mission about the missing kids.” Nate answered. “Oh! You want to do that mission? My how happy that makes me. Well, for starters children have started to disappear much more recently, however this is certainly the work of something of supernatural source. You must track down whatever is kidnapping these children and eliminate it.” Happy explained. “Where should we start?” Kate asked. “Just outside the town, there is a connection of caves that form almost like a labyrinth. They were once for mining but have long since been abandoned. Some bones have been found inside, but your task is to venture even deeper and find its lair.” Happy explained, smiling ever so creepily at Fred. “Hopefully you’ll make it out of it alive.”

Fred began sweating a bit as Happy smiled at the fishman, all the while saying those eerie things. However, Fred snapped himself out of it for the most part. "I'm sure we'll, uh, eliminate the beast! Or, er, whatever it is that is causing the kidnappings! Now, uh, if I may ask. If there is a beast, are we to kill it, or attempt to bring it back alive?"

The twins blinked at Fred and then slowly turned to look at each other, then back at Fred. "Trust us. We can totally handle any danger!" Nate insisted. Kate smiled and clapped their hands together. "We may be tiny but we were deformed for a reason, you know. We aren't completely useless!" Kate added. The twins grabbed Fred's hands, beginning to pull him over to where Happy was. "Come on, don't be scared! This should actually be pretty fun!" Kate squealed. "Yeah, better than to perform in front of a bunch of people all day long and have them poke you around." Nate added, pulling Fred over to Happy, the twins being all too cheerful about it.Happy smiled brightly at Raven as she asked about the mission. "Oh? You want the one about the traitor? Oh joy! I've been hoping someone competent would ask for that mission tonight!" Happy said, however his eyes narrowed at the suggestion of her doing it with Snake after the circus. "Actually I cannot say yes to such, my dear. There is a reason why it must be done while the circus is entertaining its guests. While the town is busy with us and our performances, you will do the mission, that way if there are any screams or much of a mess, no one will be able to hear it, as there won't be any witnesses. As all will be busy attending our show~" Happy explained. "Regardless, you can go ahead and do the mission with whoever you want, my dear." Happy insisted. It was mostly just strategy. The people were distracted, and everything in the end was declared an unfortunate accident or unsolved crime.Happy blinked a few times and turned over to the rookie guard. "Oh hello. Don't tell me Sammy has ran off to hide again? Dear me, I need to get that kid a pet or something." Happy insisted. Pets weren't unusual to have in a circus, especially when there were beast tamers and so on...maybe he could get the kid a hellhound or something of the sorts. "I'll help you look for him in a bit, he does have to help out, some of our usual performers are heading out for some missions that need to be taken care of."

(Omg I just imagined a Hellhound puppy and omg so cuteeeeeeeeee)The guard nodded, still sweating a bit. Happy was just so scary in his opinion. He just hoped the boy wasn't going to get in too much trouble while he was hiding. "Yes sir... Do you think he should go help with the missions as well? Some people say he's great at missions due to his powers." He stood by and waited for Happy to finish, bidding a hello to Kate, Nate and Frank. Why did he have to take this job? He should've just became a security guard at a Best Buy like his brother.

Orali laughed as Flaire shot into the air, completely ignoring almost getting kicked. The fox lady had excellent control. Still, the pale girl quieted as she noted her friend's serious demeanor, and nodded her acquiesce to the request to not repeat her offense. For today, at least. It was too bad that the hunter was having a bad day though. She wondered if there was anything she could do to help. Her train of thought was interrupted as the kitsune held her face. The spirit smiled as well as she could with her cheeks being smushed. "I am doing quite upside down today! But then, as today seems like a rather upside down day, does that mean I am really right side up and everyone else is upside down?" She wondered, scrunching up her eyebrows. 

Flaire released Orali's cheeks and began to contemplate Orali's seemingly outlandish question. She went behind the tent that she set up to get Orali and herself a snack of any kind. Flaire found a bag of Cracker Jacks for Orali and got a piece of dark chocolate from her "secret stash", which one can find by simply looking for a bag of Cracker Jacks that is stapled shut with a cat face drawn on the back. She then returned to the front of the tent, handed the bag to Orali, and bite into her piece of chocolate. "I don't think you have to worry about upside downs, rightside ups, or leftsides leading nowhere. Don't confuse yourself or me for that matter." she said taking another bite of her chocolate. "Just focus on the sweet and salty taste of the Cracker Jacks and I think your day won't be so topsy turvy."

Edited by Ninjaj20

~Z~

Meanwhile, still in his tent, Mr. Z was tending to a depressed client, giving them rather meaningless and terrible advice.

"Heheh... Wellll... You sseee... I can't really solve your marital problemss, but what I always do, iss just smiiiiile. Let it aaaall blow off. Don't think about it..."

The client stared frustratingly at the chipper demon for a while, taking in the stupidity of the drunkard. They just slowly got up from the sofa and left in silence. "Okay!", the demon chirped. "I hope this talk was goooood!"

The demon put his head down on the table for a second, thinking.

"Uuuugh...", he groaned. "Not a lot of clients todaaaay... It's boooooring... Guess I should *hic* go see that board after all... Didn't want to, but...eh..."

Instead of being a rightfully hardworking demon of the staff, Z cheated and used his abilities to drift up into the air just a little bit. Walking was kinda stupid to do right now. Too much work. 

The demon dragged itself in the air, back hunched and arms dangling down with that stupid grin on his face, somehow effectively making his way to the board. But, he has one problem: he can't read it properly in this state.

"Hmm... Wait...", he murmured, eyes widening is shock. "Happy!!", he shouted "Haaapyyy!? Somebody!? Wh-Why are we kissing children???", he misread in worry, trying to look for somebody. "That seems like a bit much, don'cha think???"

After taking another long walk around the area where they'd set up camp for the time being, Victor returned to his own trailer and headed inside. Due to his nature, he preferred unnatural neon lighting that was currently set to dark blue option, but could be changed at the click of a button. Much to his delight, Victor's trailer featured no windows with the only way for light to get in would be through the door leading outside. This was a great environment for a creature of the night to relax in during the day where it would usually be exhausting.

"Tabita did say I needed to sharpen my knives, so I guess I'll go ahead and do that. Maybe the prediction of me treating the twins to ice cream happens tomorrow or something... Those predictions of hers never were very accurate..."

Victor made sure the door was closed tightly before falling back on to his bed, sighing loudly. In this place where no one would disturb him, Victor no longer felt the need to pretend to be someone that everyone could rely on. In this place, he could be himself which was none other than a lonely old man in a young man's body. Closing his eyes, Victor reached over to his bedside table and picked up a set of three darts.

"There's a problem with immortality. They say it takes over a thousand hours in order to master a skill... But even that much time..."

Victor threw the darts in unison, hitting three separate dart boards dead in the centre at exactly the same time.

"... feels like nothing more than seconds... How long has it been since I've had a challenge?"

Victor opened his eyes as they began to glow a bright red in the darkness of the trailer.

"This performance... I'm not doing it for the audience... I'm doing it for me... I need to prove that even though I'm a Vampire, I am still alive. So if I can't even put my "life" in danger to prove that, then what the hell is the point?!"

Victor grit his teeth at no one, getting worked up from all of his talking when there wasn't even anyone there to talk to.

"... Maybe its just better if I sleep until tonight's performance... Yeah... Just rest... In the darkness..."

Victor's mumbles continued until he eventually fell into the unconscious grasp of sleep. However, sweet dreams were not in store for the immortal's short nap.

Cillan took a moment to adjust his glasses as Raven spread out her wings. "Tsk, fine fine. If you didn't want me to come with, you could just say so. So angry, I must say..." Cillan then, almost out of nowhere, plucked a loose feather from the wing Raven had outstretched. "I'll be examining this. To think I haven't thought of this sooner..." Cillan, who began mumbling to himself, began walking off in the opposite direction. And quite frankly, he really was just wandering, completely enamored by a simple feather. If only he could see where he was going...

Raven flinched as soon as Cillian pulled a feather from her.

Examine it? No wonder she was so angry all the time if she had these people pulling feathers off of her like a goose.

"Come back here with that Cillian!!" she yelled, storming off to him.

She whistled and a couple of birds joined her on her chase for her feather.

(I had to post something lol) 

Raven flinched as soon as Cillian pulled a feather from her.

Examine it? No wonder she was so angry all the time if she had these people pulling feathers off of her like a goose.

"Come back here with that Cillian!!" she yelled, storming off to him.

She whistled and a couple of birds joined her on her chase for her feather.

Cillan didn't look up at all until he heard a whistling sound. He turned to it, immediately noticing Raven and her bird companions chasing after him. As soon as he saw that, Cillan immediately took off with a somewhat panicked expression on his face. "No, please! This is good study and creative material! It could be an inspiration!" Cillan continued dashing away, still afraid to give back a loose feather. A simple, loose feather. Really, Cillan always took random things like that. He never winds up doing anything with it most of the time, though.

Fred began sweating a bit as Happy smiled at the fishman, all the while saying those eerie things. However, Fred snapped himself out of it for the most part. "I'm sure we'll, uh, eliminate the beast! Or, er, whatever it is that is causing the kidnappings! Now, uh, if I may ask. If there is a beast, are we to kill it, or attempt to bring it back alive?"

Happy thought about it for a while before answering. "I suggest trying to speak with it and come to reason to come to the circus willingly. If push comes to shove, kill it." Happy said as he smiled.

(Omg I just imagined a Hellhound puppy and omg so cuteeeeeeeeee)The guard nodded, still sweating a bit. Happy was just so scary in his opinion. He just hoped the boy wasn't going to get in too much trouble while he was hiding. "Yes sir... Do you think he should go help with the missions as well? Some people say he's great at missions due to his powers." He stood by and waited for Happy to finish, bidding a hello to Kate, Nate and Frank. Why did he have to take this job? He should've just became a security guard at a Best Buy like his brother.

Happy turned to look over and nodded enthutiastically. "Yes! That is a wonderful idea! Hew could definitely use the excersise." Happy said as he turned to Fred and the twins once more. "Alright you three. Go pick up your new partner and head to the mines. We will start opening the doors to the public shortly, so you will have more than enough time to take care of the mission and maybe even be back just in time to do your perfomance, if you wish." Happy explained. The twins nodded, looking over at Fred. "Let's go pick up the kid. We could certainly use the extra handsfor something that kidnaps children. Maybe we can use him as bait!" Nate said. Kate turned over to the guard and pointed at him. "Take us to where he is so we can ick him up. I don't want a stray puppy to end up getting in the way of us doing a mission." Kate said. By this point the missions were the only freedom the twins had, if you could call it that.

~Z~     "Hmm... Wait...", he murmured, eyes widening is shock. "Happy!!", he shouted "Haaapyyy!? Somebody!? Wh-Why are we kissing children???", he misread in worry, trying to look for somebody. "That seems like a bit much, don'cha think???"

Happy looked over at Z and blinked a few times. "You drank too much, Z." Happy said simply. Though he didn't seem mad over his drunken state, at all. "With my darlings out on missions we should definitely have more hands on deck. Where's Tabitha?" Happy asked. "Right here." Tabitha said as she walked up. She predicted that Hapy would call for her, and so there she was at the ready. "Dear, you'll skip your clairvoyancy tonight and help with the perfomances. Understood?" Happy asked. "Yes sir."She responded. "Good, now help Z here get back to his tent, unless he wants to help out with the perfomances too? He'd make a great clown!"

Flaire released Orali's cheeks and began to contemplate Orali's seemingly outlandish question. She went behind the tent that she set up to get Orali and herself a snack of any kind. Flaire found a bag of Cracker Jacks for Orali and got a piece of dark chocolate from her "secret stash", which one can find by simply looking for a bag of Cracker Jacks that is stapled shut with a cat face drawn on the back. She then returned to the front of the tent, handed the bag to Orali, and bite into her piece of chocolate. "I don't think you have to worry about upside downs, rightside ups, or leftsides leading nowhere. Don't confuse yourself or me for that matter." she said taking another bite of her chocolate. "Just focus on the sweet and salty taste of the Cracker Jacks and I think your day won't be so topsy turvy."

Making a contemplative face, the spirit opened the bag she had been handed, popping a single kernel into her mouth and 'focusing on the sweet and salty taste of the Crackerjacks.' Hmm. Flaire was right, she noted happily, she felt a bit more right side up. Did that mean she was upside down with everyone else now? Orali decided not to share these thoughts, for the sake of the kitsune lady's mental health. Instead she ate another caramel covered piece of popcorn, chewing carefully before looking over at her friend. "Are you performing tonight?" The white haired girl asked calmly before looking up with a small smile at the sky. She really couldn't wait to try out her new tricks. This was going to be fun.

Happy thought about it for a while before answering. "I suggest trying to speak with it and come to reason to come to the circus willingly. If push comes to shove, kill it." Happy said as he smiled.Happy looked over at Z and blinked a few times. "You drank too much, Z." Happy said simply. Though he didn't seem mad over his drunken state, at all. "With my darlings out on missions we should definitely have more hands on deck. Where's Tabitha?" Happy asked. "Right here." Tabitha said as she walked up. She predicted that Hapy would call for her, and so there she was at the ready. "Dear, you'll skip your clairvoyancy tonight and help with the perfomances. Understood?" Happy asked. "Yes sir."She responded. "Good, now help Z here get back to his tent, unless he wants to help out with the perfomances too? He'd make a great clown!"

Fred nodded his head in understanding. "Alright, sir. We'll do just that!"

Fred then looked over Z, overhearing what he's been yelling about. "Oh, hey there Z. No, nobody's kissing children. Or at least, I hope nobody is except for their mothers. No, something's killing them. Er, or was it kidnapping? Kind of hard to remember which without reading that description multiple times over..."

The guard looked down and rubbed the back of his head at the twin's order. The guard was used to receiving orders from his elders/superiors and not little kids, but oh well. He looked forward and nodded.

"Why uh, yes... Y'all follow me." With that, he turned around and led the small party towards where he last saw the boy. It was a few yards away from the tents and whatnot, and up a small little hill to where a rather old tree stood. Behind it was a wide view of a neighboring swamp lake. On the tree was the shadow of the boy, but no boy.

"Oh, that wasn't there earlier..." In front of the tree was an opened notebook and some scattered pencils around.

Watching a city burn from a distance, Victor stared with a heavy heart, knowing one singular fact as he did. This was a dream. Not just any dream, but a memory. One that was better left forgotten. The year was 1666 and the city was none other than London. A fire had come to life, destroying everything in its path. Victor had been a Vampire for almost 70 years, but he had yet to deal with a burden such as this for the fire was his own doing. The dream was much more than a memory in Victor’s mind. It was torture. He had made friends, he had made bonds and he'd even met someone he'd fallen in love with. But in the end, everything was engulfed in the raging flames of the city, there was nothing he could do but sit back and watch. From the darkness, a voice emerged to seemingly taunt Victor.

"I thought you might have learned by now, you can't have things like families and friends. You are destined to live alone forever."

Victor turned to see what looked like another version of himself. One with paler skin, fanged teeth and a pair of glowing red eyes. This was the cold blooded Vampire that Victor was forced to become, the half of that no longer regarded himself as a human.

"You may think of this as a curse of some kind, but I will refuse to do so. We have been granted the opportunity to live forever. Who would have cared about some artist named Viktor Graham? You were up against Leonardo Da Vinci, and you would have been forgotten. That's what it truly means to be dead."

The human like side of Victor turned back to the enormous flames of the burning city.

"Then by that definition, if being forgotten is what it means to be truly dead... Then are we even alive anymore? This fire... Is only one of the many mistakes I have made over the course of my life... And I am sure there are more to come."

Both halves stood next to each other, staring into the fires.

"If you want to take the easy way out, then you know what to do."

Awakening to the darkness of his cabin, Victor stared at the roof before slowly sitting up. He rubbed his eyes with a yawn before simply sitting on his bed, pondering deeply about his most recent dream.

"I can't die... Not when I have a promise to keep."

He was unsure of how much time had passed, but he did know one thing. There was an act to perform and Victor needed to be ready. He sharpened his blades as Tabita suggested and made sure to take a few practice throws to be sure he wasn't off at all. He was ready to put on the show of a lifetime. Now he only wished that the right people would come to see his act.

Edited by Oblivion 22

The twins blinked a few times and groaned in annoyance. This kid was certainly trouble. He was sometimes there, and sometimes he wasn't. He was strange, then again, everyone in this circus was strange. "We don't have time for this." Nate complained. "This kid needs a baby sitter that should be able to keep up. Not saying you aren't capable." Kate said to the human guard. Nate and Kate looked at each other, nodding. They turned back to the shadow on the tree, their eyes narrowing. "Hey kid! We're going to go find some missing kids and kill off some evil monsters! We were wondering if you wanted to come!" Kate asked. "You don't have to come if you don't want to, but we're asking you because Happy asked us to and so you can actually socialize. We're even bringing Fred with us!" Nate added.

Tabitha walked around, stepping over to Victor's cabin. She knocked on the wall. "Victor, are you inside? We're going to be understaffed so I was asked to help with the main performance. I can help you with your performance if you want. I know you like to show off when it's your turn to perform." Tabitha said smiling.

Making a contemplative face, the spirit opened the bag she had been handed, popping a single kernel into her mouth and 'focusing on the sweet and salty taste of the Crackerjacks.' Hmm. Flaire was right, she noted happily, she felt a bit more right side up. Did that mean she was upside down with everyone else now? Orali decided not to share these thoughts, for the sake of the kitsune lady's mental health. Instead she ate another caramel covered piece of popcorn, chewing carefully before looking over at her friend. "Are you performing tonight?" The white haired girl asked calmly before looking up with a small smile at the sky. She really couldn't wait to try out her new tricks. This was going to be fun. 

Flaire began to smile at Orali as she ate the Crackerjacks. "It's sometimes the small things that count" Flaire said as she rubbed Orali's head. "Sometimes." she thought to herself. Flaire ate the last bit of her chocolate and sat on the counter of the concession tent. "I can only wonder what would make you think so deeply about right side ups and upside downs." she muttered to herself. When Orali asked her if she was performing tonight, Flaire smiled and said very simply "Yea. How about you?"