Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

If you wish to join this RP or learn more about it and its characters, please go to the Sign up thread here.

Date: [uNSPECIFIED]

Title: REPORT ON OPERATION OF "DARK WOODS CIRCUS"

The circus has arrived at the town of Storyville, and have begun to set up tent in the plaza right in the middle of the town. The prospects of new members becoming part of the operation looks promising...

The carriages surrounded the plaza, creating somewhat of a barrier as the tents were set up. There were many, small and medium, along with the biggest of them all, the grand tent that stood right in the middle in order to host the show. The other tents held different types of things, such as sleeping halls, doctor's office, food stands, and individual stands for other stuff, including Tabita's small round tent to offer her clairvoyant activities to the guests and the public. Happy was helping out set up the camp...being happy as he always was. "Alright! Remember, everyone, everything needs to be perfect for when the guests start to arrive! I also suggest you all keep an eye out for any prospects. Any volunteers that wish to help gain the prospects do need to ask first, I don't want you guys fighting over it like the last time." Happy said with a chime, petting his cat which rested on his shoulder casually. Tabita set up her tent, table and cards along with incense and setting up her sign. "There we go." Tabita smiled, clapping her hands in satisfaction at seeing her complete work. The twins, Nate and Kate were having their own things to deal with. They dressed up in clown clothing, wearing clown make up and so on, one helping the other with such. The two of them had gotten used to working as a team, they didn't exactly have much of a choice in the matter. They walked around the camp, looking for anything they could help until they were assigned to greet the visitors, to which they usually took pictures with, since seeing a person with two heads wasn't exactly usual. Just a normal day as the sun began to set...

Through all the ruckus, there was a pleasant sound of birds chirping through the air as Raven held a quiet conversation with the several that were perched along her strong, mighty wings.

They asked Raven things that were rather silly, like if she was a bird, and what kind of bird she was, and who all these people were.

One precious baby bird flew to her face and asked Raven a question that she found quite amusing. It asked if anything would eat them.

"Well baby bird, I can't promise the cast won't eat you, but I can promise that I will never let any of the other animals eat you." Raven concluded to the small bird.

She pointed over to Happy's cat, smirking.

"Say, may you birds help me with my performance tonight~?" Raven asked the birds.

They chipped in agreement, and thus, her show was set.

~Z~

Mr. Z's uncanny grin was shamelessly pasted to his lips as always. With a wobbly stature, he proceeded to set his own tent up over a table and other objects as best as he could while he hummed an upbeat melody. His little ditty stopped for a moment and stumbled back to observe his masterpiece of a tent. It was wrinkled, unfinished, and even some of the pieces were missing. He was tipsy enough to accept the clunky tent, awkwardly giving it a laugh and a compliment.
     "Hmmmmmmm... Yesss...", he slurred. "Beautiful tent. Very- very beautiful..."

His own tent was mainly for the staff of the circus going through a miserable time. Most knew he wasn't cut out for the job at all, but they managed. Being an incubus, he'd usually have other things on his mind while doing this job. Nobody wanted that at all! So, he was kept under the influence of alcohol to appease his hunger.  

So, with that, Z slipped under the sloppy tent without a care in the world. Inside was a lavish shade of purple with a variety of objects inside. There was the comfiest sofa on earth with a table in front of it, a lamp, some fresh flowers, and a bunch of fancy alcohol by the demon's side.
     "Ah-ha!... There we go!", muttered the demon. "That's perfect!", he exclaimed as he sat on the couch, awaiting someone for his assistance.

Just then, the sloppy tent started to tremble from the unbalanced weight. "Huh...", Z muttered, squinting scratching his chin as he looked up at the trembles. Suddenly, as quick as a flash, the tent's cover collapsed onto the drunken demon, causing him to panic rather calmly.
     "Ah! I'm lost! Help!", he shouted while shuffling under the cover like a cat in the dark. With his ways, he could have easily been mistaken for a clown, but the demon thought those were stupid in a way. He saw them as bad luck, too.
Edited by Hargleblargleboo

--Fred--

Fred, being the burly fishman that he's been known for, simply helped out with the occasional odd job of setting things up around the circus. Not that he minded helping others out. Despite his ever-scary face never seeming it, Fred was always happy to help out others when they needed it. After a few jobs, he was dismissed. Finally, Fred could take a break and...nope.

~Z~

Just then, the sloppy tent started to tremble from the unbalanced weight. "Huh...", Z muttered, squinting scratching his chin as he looked up at the trembles. Suddenly, as quick as a flash, the tent's cover collapsed onto the drunken demon, causing him to panic rather calmly.
     "Ah! I'm lost! Help!", he shouted while shuffling under the cover like a cat in the dark. With his ways, he could have easily been mistaken for a clown, but the demon thought those were stupid in a way. He saw them as bad luck, too.

Out of the corner of his eye, Fred noticed the tent collapsing. Almost out of instinct, Fred drew closer to the tent, also hearing the shouting of the tent's helpless victim. Fishman reached down and lifted up an end of the tent, trying to see if he could see the person under it. "Oi, you okay under there? You need any help?"

--Cillan--

Being a doctor, Cillan could have had tons of things to do. He could have done research on modifying humans. He could have actually modified a human. Heck, he could have even just helped around the circus grounds. So what does he do? He wanders off, like he does every time he arrives at a new location. Of course, he never goes too far. And of course, he has never had any intent on running away. He simply wishes to, as he puts it, 'gather'. And today was no different. He was all off on his own, gathering whatever he could get his hands on. Or at least, that's just what he tells people.

While everyone was setting up the various tents and equipment that would be later used for that night's performance, Victor was simply lying down under the shadow of a tree near the plaza. Even if he wouldn't incinerate in the sun, he thought it best to stay out of it for as long as possible and simply relax until his performance. Seeing as his was one of the acts in the main tent, it left Victor with very few things to do in order to prepare. The most he would have to do is dress up and make sure that his knives had been sharpened. Sitting up slowly, the snow haired Vampire stretched his limbs before getting to his feet. Staying in the shade, Victor observed what everyone was doing using his keen senses. Feeling a little bored with simply waiting until tonight's show, Victor walked around the camp as he dug his hands into his pockets.

"Uhhh... I can never get over how hot it is during the day... And its not even Summer. I need a drink."

Heading back to his own carriage, Victor watched as Happy gave a motivational speech of sorts to some of the other members. Victor smiled a little. As one of the oldest members of the Dark Woods Circus, Victor had managed to get to know a lot of people over the years and even though Happy was in charge, Victor still knew close to nothing about him. At least he could consider Happy a friend as long as he stayed on his good side. Making his way to his own carriage, Victor opened a portable fridge that had been set up next to it.

"What shall I have~... I don't think its time for my dose yet... I'll just stick with a soda... Damn! I'm doing it again!"

Victor signed, taking a can of soda out of the fridge before closing it. Due to the fact that he is an immortal, Victor spent quite a lot of time on his own and therefore found it comforting to talk to himself out loud. However, now that he's found himself a permanent home at the Circus, he began to realise that he still couldn't stop talking to himself. Opening the can, Victor took a few sips before staring at the can.

"How does a Vampire drink and eat things other than blood and yet not feel any fuller... And then after a single drop of blood, I'm good for a few hours... If I can't even figure that out after 400 years, then why bother trying to figure it out now?"

Victor stopped walking and saw that Tabita's tent had been put up. Shrugging nonchalantly, the immortal walked inside and took a seat while the clairvoyant's back was turned.

"So~ I see you're all ready for tonights activities. You got some free time to try and tell me my future again?"

Victor smiled a little taking a few more swigs from his soda can. He came to Tabita to ask about his future often, as he was sure everyone else did. Sitting on the chair almost side ways, with one of his legs swinging over the arm, Victor awaited a response from the Human, smiling casually every now and then.

Victor stopped walking and saw that Tabita's tent had been put up. Shrugging nonchalantly, the immortal walked inside and took a seat while the clairvoyant's back was turned."So~ I see you're all ready for tonights activities. You got some free time to try and tell me my future again?"Victor smiled a little taking a few more swigs from his soda can. He came to Tabita to ask about his future often, as he was sure everyone else did. Sitting on the chair almost side ways, with one of his legs swinging over the arm, Victor awaited a response from the Human, smiling casually every now and then.

Tabita jumped a bit as she was surprised by Victor. She could see the future of others, but never her own future, which was quite the disadvantage yet a relief. She was certain that if she saw her own future she wouldn't ever be able to sit still, or be as content as she was currently. "Of course. If I don't set up shop Happy won't be...happy." Tabita said. She had never had a bad experience with Happy...but she had seen enough from the rest to know to avoid angering him in any way possible. She was always appy with the friends she had made here, however. Even Victor, who was usually a loner of his own accord, came to visit time from time to time. "Sure thing. You have a performance tonight don't you? Come here, let me see." Tabita said as she walked over and gently took Victor's hand. Instantly images began to flash before her eyes, subtly and transparent, whispers of voices in her ear. "Nice to see that little scare now." She chuckled. "You should sharpen your knives just a bit more for tonight. The board is a bit dull and the ends need to be extra pointy if they are to stick once you throw them. Otherwise they will fall off." Tabita warned. "You will also treat Kate and Nate for ice-cream~" "And chocolate cake~" Tabita opened her eyes to see the source of the other voices, only to realize it was the twins, standing by the entrance as they fooled around. "Guys. You should be preparing for your act." Tabita insisted. "We will!...we're just still waiting for Victor to treat us to stuff..." "He has all the good connections!" With that the twins scattered off. "Wait, hey! Be careful of the-!" Soon, there were screams as the twins crashed into one of the staff carrying boxes. "...boxes." Tabita sighed.

--Fred--

Fred, being the burly fishman that he's been known for, simply helped out with the occasional odd job of setting things up around the circus. Not that he minded helping others out. Despite his ever-scary face never seeming it, Fred was always happy to help out others when they needed it. After a few jobs, he was dismissed. Finally, Fred could take a break and...nope.

Out of the corner of his eye, Fred noticed the tent collapsing. Almost out of instinct, Fred drew closer to the tent, also hearing the shouting of the tent's helpless victim. Fishman reached down and lifted up an end of the tent, trying to see if he could see the person under it. "Oi, you okay under there? You need any help?"

As soon as the tent's covered was lifted, Z looked up to the light source and saw the individual who offered to help. The demon was on the ground, that grin still on his face.

"Heh heh...", he chuckled while rubbing his head. "Yeah, I'm just peachy.", he slurred. He slowly crawled out of the tent and stared at his disaster. "Awww... It was so nice, too...", he dragged his words while scratching his cheek . "I guess some help would be nice... A good couch is trapped under this tent annit needs to be free!!...", he slurred, twirling his hands in the air a bit before trying to stand up. He drunkenness was very obvious as he got up on his feet and stumbled around a bit. Turning to the fish man, he giggled. "Heeyyyy... Have I met you before? You seem familiar, in a way. I go by Z. Mmmisterr Z, if you will...", he slurred once more.

Orali shifted into her human form as she walked out of the tent. It looked like everything was set for tonight. 'Well, now what?' She wondered to herself, before walking forward and rolling so that she was in a handstand position. Maintaining her precarious position, the spirit walked through the camp looking for something interesting to do.

"You will also treat Kate and Nate for ice-cream~" "And chocolate cake~" Tabita opened her eyes to see the source of the other voices, only to realize it was the twins, standing by the entrance as they fooled around. "Guys. You should be preparing for your act." Tabita insisted. "We will!...we're just still waiting for Victor to treat us to stuff..." "He has all the good connections!" With that the twins scattered off. "Wait, hey! Be careful of the-!" Soon, there were screams as the twins crashed into one of the staff carrying boxes. "...boxes." Tabita sighed.

"Oohf!" A flying box hit her back, and the girl tumbled to the ground, blinking curiously at the blond twins who had fallen over the boxes first. Hands were not the most stable thing to walk on, it seemed. But, one problem solved! "Kate and Nate!" She was quite pleased to see the twins, they were very entertaining and always had something fun to do. "What are you guys doing?" Orali got back onto her hands again and stared at the duo upside down.

~ (Naoya)
Taking in his surrondings with a touch of discontempt, the cloaked man known as Naoya couldn't help but sneer. Staring intently at a gaming device, sounds of lightning cracked from the air, giving way to two beings who would pass as humans. These servants set out to help the fellow circus members set up tents as their long, navy hair and silky robes blew gently from an incoming breeze. 

"Heh, everything seems to be going to plan. I can only hope that they don't turn away from their fate," the kimono-clad indiviual muttered to himself silently, "It would be a shame to see such potential go to waste, Abel." 

~~(Ran Iori)
A lonely melody leaked out of a rather large tent as the doctor named Ran Iori tested out the violins, performing a rendition of Tchaikovsky's Valse Sentimentale. As of late, his expertise in both fields hadn't been needed which lead him to seek various ways to entertain him as he fulfilled his assignments. From his calm demeanor to handsome visage, some would mistake him for a gentleman who merely stumbled upon their diverse crew. The only thing that proved otherwise, however, would be his personality.

Rising from his wooden chair, he stowed away the instruments of music and medicine before brushing the curtain of his tent aside, feigning the search for any in need of assistance. Unfortunately, a cry for help echoed through the air. I swear, if it's that one guy again... Taking large strides, Iori found himself at the sight of a collapsed tent with a drunkard crying for help. Although he originally planned to slide underneath the fabric and make a comment about how the demon's liver was quite tolerant to alcohol, another member helped Z first, lifting the tent. This was a common occurrence among them, and to be frank, Iori never understood why the circus still kept such an inconsequential man with them. Nevertheless, he still desired to help out in order to maintain his aesthetics as a doctor. 

~~~(Snake)
Gathering the nearby asps that were still slithering around his tent, Snake looked at the crowd with a neutral expression. Despite being poisonous, his serpeants wouldn't attack anyone without a reason, yet their playful side often caused Snake to be scolded for letting them out during busy times. Staring at Emily, a green snake that was wrapped around his neck, he listened to her talk about how she was interested in finding "cute guys" while Keats, a hazel ophidian, was debating about new performances to create. Noticing a few second-string passerbys, Snake stared at them without emotion, expecting to be judged due to his unusual skin condition. "Don't be too shy, you'll scare them away~~~" Emily teased, knowing perfectly well why the charmer seemed distant. On the other hand, Keats wasn't interested in them at all. "Perhaps we should try the special routine we've been practicing?" he chirped in, interested in ensuring that their acts wouldn't become stale. Nodding, Snake approached a random doctor after collecting all of his snakes, wanting to make a last minute check up before the show. "Excuse me, I would like a second consultation before the show begins.... says Keats." 

~~(Ran)
Interrupted from his train of thought by what he could only consider as a true freak, the young doctor smiled as his patient. "Keats, hmm? Quite bold and brash, that one." He also belongs in the trash... Guiding them to his tent, Iori rinsed his hands before beginning to inspect all of them thoroughly, familiar with a loose yet secure grip. I'm a doctor, not a veterinarian, he sighed inwardly, continuing his examination. The circumstances of working with such a diverse crew forced him to adapt his methods. Uncomfortable from the gaze of a certain viridian snake, he moved on the next one, trying to estimate how long it would take before he could finish.

~~~(Kaz, Atsuro, Yuzu)
"It's about time you got here, Atsuro!" yelled a young girl with apricot hair, her face drenched with sweat as she rose from the bench she was sitting on. From the distance, the silhouette of a teenager with a beanie and slingbag was visible, running at them with full force. Reaching conversation range, he rested his hands on his knees, panting for air. "Geez, Yoohoo. I tried to tell you that the circus was still in a few hours but you weren't picking up your phone!" The boy was met by a punch to his chest, followed by a quick kick to his shin. "We've been waiting for hours! Aren't you supposed to be one of those best students in computer things? It's your fault for making that mistake in the first place! And my name is Yuzu." Nearly tumbling to the ground, Atsuro clenched his body in pain. "That hurt! I already said I was sorry!" Behind Yuzu stood another boy, around their age and wearing a calm expression on his face while his hands were shoved in his pockets. Helping Atsuro regain his balance, he shrugged at Yuzu. "It's still kinda early, we could look around for a while." The youngest of their group groaned while taking her seat again, staring at the setting sun. "But myyyyy head is killing meeee!" 

Noticing a nearby vendor offering food and drinks beside the circus that was still setting up, Kazuya walked over and bought three bottles of water. From the corner of his eye, he caught a figure dressed in emerald, observing their group. With the blank of an eye, he was gone. What are you up to, Naoya? he thought to himself before offering the beverages to his friends who were still bickering.

"Thanks, Kazuya," Yuzu said loudly, still aggravated, "At least you've been helpful today, unlike a certain someone..."

Atsuro sighed before taking a big gulp from his drink. "So, Kaz. What's with your cousin sending us these tickets out of the blue? I knew Naoya had some interesting tastes but still, it seems a bit out of place."

Kazuya shrugged again, unaware of his cousin's intentions. His remembered the time when his cousin used to live with him until he wordlessly disappeared one day. They managed to stay in touch with a few emails, but this was the first time he was invited to meet him directly. Whatever the purpose was, he knew it would have to be important. 
Edited by Yukiteru Amano

Raven always had to help the big top get set up every time they moved.

It wasn't because she was tall for a girl, but simply the fact that she could fly, and have good control.

Other members of the circus could float, but she could fly. She felt special because of that.

Raven glided along the tippy top of the big tent, making sure everything was in order.

"Everything is good up here!!" She called to some other members who were helping the tent be set up.

Just as she looked down, out of the very corner of her eye she noticed him.

Snake.

If there was one person who had a lot of animals, it was him. They actually shared a lot of similarities, but Raven was a six-winged angel and Snake well...he was a snake man? Raven wasn't really sure what he was.

In a flurry of feathers, she darted off to the location snake went into.

Her wings parted the opening of Dr. Iori's tent.

"Why hello, Dr. Iori." She said in a rather inappropriate tone.

But more importantly, her eyes darted to Snake's snakes.

"And hello to these beautiful snakes." She said, running her hand over Emily.

~~(Ran)"And hello to you, young raven," the doctor greeted emptily, now turning his attention to the snake known as Goethe. "It seems I have lots of company today." Barely managing to get those words out due to not being one for multitasking, he continued to check for any signs of shedding. 

~~~(Snake)

Snake turned to the young woman, staring deeply into her eyes with a neutral expression. "Hello, Raven~ You look quite lovely today... says Emily." The emerald serpent twitched slightly from Raven's grasp before pressing against her affectionately, enjoying the petting. The asp known as Oscar glared curiously at the newcomer with alertness, wrapping itself around Snake's arm. "What brings you here to see us, hm? Says Oscar." 

Edited by Yukiteru Amano

With Tabita taking his hand, Victor's smile dimmed slightly as he seemed somewhat conflicted by letting himself be touched by her, Being told that he needed to sharpen his knives for the performance that night, Victor brightened up a little with a small chuckle.

"I guess there's hiding nothing from you, right Tabita? Your power is a pretty interesting one. I haven't seen anything like it in a very long time."

Tabita then predicted that he would also be treating Kate and Nate to some ice cream and almost on cue, they had appeared demanding chocolate cake as well. Victor sighed in defeat as he simply had no choice but to treat the twins now. Even if he didn't want to, he would probably end up doing it because of Tabita's prediction.

"Alright kids, I'll treat you. But in return, I want you to help me with my act tonight. You won't have to do much, just pull some strings off stage while I'm performing. Trust me, this will be my greatest performance yet."

Victor smiled and laughed to himself, feeling quite happy with himself, something that he'd had a hard time finding in the last 400 years. The Vampire then noticed the twins run straight into someone carrying a few boxes, knocking themselves and Orali over in the process. Getting up and gently drawing his hand away from Tabita's, Victor walked on over to the twins with his hands on his hips.

"Seriously? Two heads and not one of you could see where you were going? What am I gonna do with you guys..."

With a sigh, Victor helped the twins back up on to their feet and turned his attention to Orali who was now walking around on her hands. As a means of passing the time and also messing around, Victor also put his hands on the ground before standing upside down on them. However, he certainly didn't have the same amount of balance as Orali and dug his hands into the ground in order to compensate.

"Woah, the rush to my head is quite exhilarating, I should do this more often."

Just then, gravity had finally applied itself to Victor's clothing and dropped in front of his face, blinding his friends with his exquisite pectorals and himself with the shirt. Not being able to see, Victor almost immediately fell over, banging his head on the ground.

"Owwww..."

Victor looked around with a groan, trying to get up but realised that he had gotten his hands stuck.

"Help..."

Raven smiled, looking at Emily while she kneed against her hand.

Raven spread her wings a bit, then eyeing Dr. Iori.

"I didn't come to see you, Iori. I came to see the snakes. I only help with the ideas of the freaks, and I will never be willing to visit a doctor unless completely necessary." This came out rather cold, as Raven wasn't the biggest fan of doctors. She was only a fan of making the freaks as grotesquely gorgeous as possible.

"Snake, I've also told you that I am an animal caretaker, if your snakes need to be checked out, send them to me." She smirked, brushing her hand over Snake's face, then bringing her hand back to her side.

"Maybe we can get some beautiful creations for you tonight, Iori." She said, a dark look in her eyes.

"Oh no! Victor's shirt and the ground have conspired to capture him!" Orali got back on her feet and ran toward the vampire's trapped hands. "Fear not, my white-hair buddy. I shall rescue you from their evil, hand-thieving clutches." She started scrabbling at the dirt, pulling it away as quickly and gently as she could. She would have transformed and used her claws, but people were starting to arrive and she didn't want to hurt her friend's hands right before a performance, plus if the people saw her transform then she lost the adorable little girl factor that was so helpful for getting people to talk openly when they were looking for bad guys. "So," the spirit asked as she finished up, "are you all ready for tonight?"

As soon as the tent's covered was lifted, Z looked up to the light source and saw the individual who offered to help. The demon was on the ground, that grin still on his face.

"Heh heh...", he chuckled while rubbing his head. "Yeah, I'm just peachy.", he slurred. He slowly crawled out of the tent and stared at his disaster. "Awww... It was so nice, too...", he dragged his words while scratching his cheek . "I guess some help would be nice... A good couch is trapped under this tent annit needs to be free!!...", he slurred, twirling his hands in the air a bit before trying to stand up. He drunkenness was very obvious as he got up on his feet and stumbled around a bit. Turning to the fish man, he giggled. "Heeyyyy... Have I met you before? You seem familiar, in a way. I go by Z. Mmmisterr Z, if you will...", he slurred once more.

As soon as the demon-thing began talking, it was obvious to Fred why the tent fell down. Anybody in that drunken stupor would fail to properly set up a tent by themselves. "The name's Fred," he responded to Z's question, "Fishman Fred if you will. Now, if I may give a suggestion? Don't try and set up a tent by yourself if you're drunk. Get some help next time, okay?"

As soon as the demon-thing began talking, it was obvious to Fred why the tent fell down. Anybody in that drunken stupor would fail to properly set up a tent by themselves. "The name's Fred," he responded to Z's question, "Fishman Fred if you will. Now, if I may give a suggestion? Don't try and set up a tent by yourself if you're drunk. Get some help next time, okay?"

~Z~

Mr. Z just chuckled again.

"Snnrk... D'awww. That name's fitting, and kinda cuuute ina' waaay...", he complimented, his grin subtly wider. "Anywaaaays... Yeah. I know I shoulda' asked for help, but even, ehm...even if I tried, people'd usually just waaaalk awaaaay, despite my politeness...", he confessed. He stumbled rather solemnly to the tent, gripping its drapes. "So, I gotta make due with what I've got, you know?...

"Besides, nice people gave me that alcohol, and...I can't just reject the nice offers, ya' know?...", he revealed as he gathered up the loose pieces of the tent.. "It is another thing to give me something of sustenance besides souls." He looked back at Fred. "I'm sure you have friends that help with your problems, right?", he said out of the blue. "And I mean like, real friends... There are a lot of people working in the circus,  you know... A lot of...beautiful people...", he asked, muttering the last bit and hugging himself with pleasant thoughts of "friendship". His drunk nature was creating a bigger impression of his creepiness and awkwardness.

~Z~

Mr. Z just chuckled again.

"Snnrk... D'awww. That name's fitting, and kinda cuuute ina' waaay...", he complimented, his grin subtly wider. "Anywaaaays... Yeah. I know I shoulda' asked for help, but even, ehm...even if I tried, people'd usually just waaaalk awaaaay, despite my politeness...", he confessed. He stumbled rather solemnly to the tent, gripping its drapes. "So, I gotta make due with what I've got, you know?...

"Besides, nice people gave me that alcohol, and...I can't just reject the nice offers, ya' know?...", he revealed as he gathered up the loose pieces of the tent.. "It is another thing to give me something of sustenance besides souls." He looked back at Fred. "I'm sure you have friends that help with your problems, right?", he said out of the blue. "And I mean like, real friends... There are a lot of people working in the circus,  you know... A lot of...beautiful people...", he asked, muttering the last bit and hugging himself with pleasant thoughts of "friendship". His drunk nature was creating a bigger impression of his creepiness and awkwardness.

Fred blushed slightly at Z's comment, though that blush dissipated as he listened to Z's ramblings before the fishman was struck with the sudden question. While Fred certainly found Z's mannerisms...well, eerie to say the least, he was still inclined to answer. "Well, uh, I don't really have any friends. I'm kind of a recent addition to the circus here. And ever since I joined--er, was forced to join, I haven't had any friends. Not that I mind. I'm sure that I'll make friends soon! Surely!" Fred got to working on setting the tent up, a somewhat solemn look spread across his face. "Surely..." Fred shook his head, trying to distract himself from his own thoughts. "So, Z. Whaddya do here at the circus?"

The twins held their heads and glanced up at Orali. "We were heading to the bulletin board!" The two said together, before they looked up at the scolding vampire. "Nate was suppose to look!" Kate accused. "No?You were suppose to look!" Nate snapped back. They were stick together, but they still had some issues to work out between the two. Tabita glanced over from her tent and rolled her eyes slightly. Sometimes she worried that people took her visions too seriously. They were simply possible futures depending on the path that people took. Sometimes it could change drastically. Sometimes it couldn't be changed at all. Sometimes the future was way ahead of time. Sometimes weeks to years. But there was one thing that could never get out of her visions: the bulletin board. It was a simple board set up right against the wall to Happy's carriage. There the members of the circus could look for something to do. Whether it'd be missions or so on. Happy set up the papers for tonight's schedule.

Paper one:

-MISSING CHILDREN-

The town has a legend of a shadow coming to take naughty children away, but recently legends have turned to reality! Your mission would be to find out who, or what, has been kidnapping the town's children. You can do this alone, or investigate as a group. If you choose to do this mission, grab your partners in crime and go to Happy for details on how to start!

Paper two:

-IT ALL GOES DOWN-

A paranoid ex-government agent has been secretly been collecting and stealing precious data about the Circus Protocol, involving the real identities of many circus members from all over the world. Your mission would be to eliminate the agent...and get rid of the evidence. You can do this alone or investigate as a group. If you choose to do this mission, grab your partners in crime and go to Happy for details on how to start!

Paper three:

-WELCOME TO THE SHOW-

Stay and perform in the show! Nothing else required, except to succeed.

~~(Ran)

"Duly noted." Ran replied casually, finishing the inspection of the ninth and final snake, known as Webster. Letting it slither onto Snake's arm, he proceeded to wash his hands. "If you have no further questions, that would be all for today. I'm quite sure that the bulletin board for today has been set up."

~~~(Snake)

Snake found himself lightly blushing from Raven's touch, staring at her with wide eyes. "I'll make sure to remember that..." He replied, facing the ground while smiling lightly. Collecting his friends, he pushed the entrance to the tent aside, preparing to leave together with Raven before facing Dr. Iori with a calm countenance. "Thank you for your service... but you should try conducting your profession with a more whole-hearted attitude, says Donne." 

~~(Ran)

"I'll keep it in mind." The doctor replied with bored eyes, never intending to keep it in his mind at all. Twirling his pen, he looked down to the medical records of the circus, resuming his daily activity. 

"Goodbye, Iori." Raven said, waving slightly to him, closing her wings and heading out of the tent. 

Raven opened her long wings up again, leaping into the air and then heading a good height up. She then flew right down in front of the bulletin boards, scattering the people there away from her.

"Excuse me." she said, folding her wings back up in their deformed way of doing so. 

She scammed over the task...

"Kidnapping children...? Nah, that's boring..." she sighed, turning to the other piece of paper.

"OHHOHO, ASSASSINATION!" Raven suddenly exclaimed. 

"I'm sure I can make some time..." she muttered. 

She jumped back into the air, scanning the area for Happy.

"Oi~! Happy~!!" she called, staying relatively low to the ground.

Fred blushed slightly at Z's comment, though that blush dissipated as he listened to Z's ramblings before the fishman was struck with the sudden question. While Fred certainly found Z's mannerisms...well, eerie to say the least, he was still inclined to answer. "Well, uh, I don't really have any friends. I'm kind of a recent addition to the circus here. And ever since I joined--er, was forced to join, I haven't had any friends. Not that I mind. I'm sure that I'll make friends soon! Surely!" Fred got to working on setting the tent up, a somewhat solemn look spread across his face. "Surely..." Fred shook his head, trying to distract himself from his own thoughts. "So, Z. Whaddya do here at the circus?"

The reconstruction of the tent was coming along very nicely. Z was very impressed by what help can do since he did not get it very often.

"Oh!... You were made to come here? Oh my... I-I'm terribly sorry about that!.... Well, you'll find real friends here. If not, I- I can showya' 'round... Well...okay. I mighta lied 'bout the friend thing... Heh heh... There's a doctor that I see all of the time, if that counts... He don't like me anyyy... I hope he didn't see my tent fall over... His name is Rain... No! It's Ran! Yeah, Ran...", he muttered.

"But hey, Look at the- *hic* ...board near darling Happy's carriage later. You might have the possibility to team up with some people. Oh. And Imma counselor, by the way. I help miserable people in the staff mostly. I think I'm good with it."

With that, the tent stood strongly and cleanly compared to before.

"Woooooow... It's perfect!", he muttered as he admired the tent's stature. With his signature grin and tipsy actions, he chuckled and turned to the fish man, and leaped at him, giving him a somewhat aggressively loose hug in thanks, being careful not to knock him over. He never really knew his boundaries sometimes. He was very much like a puppy at times when the alcohol took over.

"Awww!~ Thank you sooooooo muuuuuuuch, pal! If you ever need someone ta' talk to, I'll be in that tent. Heh heh heh...", he offered as he slowly peeled his arms off of Fred.

The reconstruction of the tent was coming along very nicely. Z was very impressed by what help can do since he did not get it very often.

"Oh!... You were made to come here? Oh my... I-I'm terribly sorry about that!.... Well, you'll find real friends here. If not, I- I can showya' 'round... Well...okay. I mighta lied 'bout the friend thing... Heh heh... There's a doctor that I see all of the time, if that counts... He don't like me anyyy... I hope he didn't see my tent fall over... His name is Rain... No! It's Ran! Yeah, Ran...", he muttered.

"But hey, Look at the- *hic* ...board near darling Happy's carriage later. You might have the possibility to team up with some people. Oh. And Imma counselor, by the way. I help miserable people in the staff mostly. I think I'm good with it."

With that, the tent stood strongly and cleanly compared to before.

"Woooooow... It's perfect!", he muttered as he admired the tent's stature. With his signature grin and tipsy actions, he chuckled and turned to the fish man, and leaped at him, giving him a somewhat aggressively loose hug in thanks, being careful not to knock him over. He never really knew his boundaries sometimes. He was very much like a puppy at times when the alcohol took over.

"Awww!~ Thank you sooooooo muuuuuuuch, pal! If you ever need someone ta' talk to, I'll be in that tent. Heh heh heh...", he offered as he slowly peeled his arms off of Fred.

Fred looked down at Z as he hugged the fishman. While Fred didn't exactly reciprocate the hug, being to caught off guard to even consider doing so, he didn't exactly try and resist it either. "Er, uh, yeah. No problem! Thanks for all the info, too. I'll keep you in mind if I ever need somebody to talk to. Well, uh, I'm gonna go check out the board. See you around, Z!" Fred patted Z on the shoulder as he passed by, going over to check out the board.

Fred looked over the board, looking at the three missions posted there. However, only one of them stood out to Fred. "Find out why kids have gone missing?" Fred mumbled a bit to himself. "Well, I know what I'm going to do. Now, how do I confirm that I'll be taking this mission, again? Do I just talk to Happy, or was there some other process, or..." Fred mumbled to himself for a long while. A rather long while.

Finally getting his hands free from the earth beneath him, Victor sat back smiling and chuckling. Even though he usually hung out alone, he was always cheerful around others, usually taking on the role of the fool. Looking around, Victor was glad to see that all was well and everyone was happy. Noticing that there were new quests up on the bulletin board, Victor jumped to his feet curiously. Fixing his clothes and dusting the earth off his hands, the immortal approached the bulletin board with a slight frown.

"Damn, it doesn't matter what there is to offer, I can't go because I'm already performing in the show. Well, I guess I can't complain when I'm going to be tonights main attraction."

Victor puffed out his collar confidently, looking quite arrogant to those who were standing around him.

"Anyway~... Where did those troublesome kids go? I thought they wanted me to treat them to ice cream."

Victor shrugged, turning away as he walked around with his hands behind his head. Glimpsing over at a few windows of the local buildings, Victor groaned as he was unable to see his own reflection.

"How's a Vampire supposed to brush his hair, seriously?"

Even though he seemed to be joking on the outside, Victor was beginning to feel terrible on the inside. He'd lived for so long without coming into contact with his reflection, the Vampire had actually forgotten what he'd looked like. Coming to a halt, Victor closed his eyes and lay his hands over his face. Whispering to himself, feeling as if he were the only person who existed in the world, Victor spoke.

"I feel these features... I understand how they fit together... I can see a face... But I do not see myself. This is the face of a stranger who died... A very long time ago... And I am just his shadow."

"Goodbye, Iori." Raven said, waving slightly to him, closing her wings and heading out of the tent. 

Raven opened her long wings up again, leaping into the air and then heading a good height up. She then flew right down in front of the bulletin boards, scattering the people there away from her.

"Excuse me." she said, folding her wings back up in their deformed way of doing so. 

She scammed over the task...

"Kidnapping children...? Nah, that's boring..." she sighed, turning to the other piece of paper.

"OHHOHO, ASSASSINATION!" Raven suddenly exclaimed. 

"I'm sure I can make some time..." she muttered. 

She jumped back into the air, scanning the area for Happy.

"Oi~! Happy~!!" she called, staying relatively low to the ground.

Happy turned to Raven and waved. "Hello, Raven! Are you here to ask me something?...or are you here to take on one of the missions?" Happy asked. Some found his happiness disturbing, while others found it more pleasant than when he was angry. The twins could testify.

Fred looked over the board, looking at the three missions posted there. However, only one of them stood out to Fred. "Find out why kids have gone missing?" Fred mumbled a bit to himself. "Well, I know what I'm going to do. Now, how do I confirm that I'll be taking this mission, again? Do I just talk to Happy, or was there some other process, or..." Fred mumbled to himself for a long while. A rather long while.

"You have to talk to Happy!" "That way he can cross it off and give details to you about it!" The twins stood behind Fred, their hands on their hips. "We were thinking of doing that one too, actually!" Kate said. "It sounds interesting, plus it hits close to home, so we really want to help." Nate said. Kate tilted her head and suddenly her eyes gleamed in an idea. "Fred! I know, lets do this mission together!" Kate asked. "Oh that's a wonderful idea sister!" Nate added, the two as a whole walking over to Fred and taking a hold of his hands. "What about it? Want to do this mission together with us? I bet it can be a whole lots of fun!" Nate and Kate said in union, cheerfully smiling. The twins were one of the youngest of the circus, and yet they were happy not because they were happy about their situation, but because they had no other choice. What would come from sad? Nothing but even more grief.

"You have to talk to Happy!" "That way he can cross it off and give details to you about it!" The twins stood behind Fred, their hands on their hips. "We were thinking of doing that one too, actually!" Kate said. "It sounds interesting, plus it hits close to home, so we really want to help." Nate said. Kate tilted her head and suddenly her eyes gleamed in an idea. "Fred! I know, lets do this mission together!" Kate asked. "Oh that's a wonderful idea sister!" Nate added, the two as a whole walking over to Fred and taking a hold of his hands. "What about it? Want to do this mission together with us? I bet it can be a whole lots of fun!" Nate and Kate said in union, cheerfully smiling. The twins were one of the youngest of the circus, and yet they were happy not because they were happy about their situation, but because they had no other choice. What would come from sad? Nothing but even more grief.

Fred snapped out of his mumbling status when the twins spoke up, and turned to them. Fred has already at least seen everybody around, so he already knew about these two. "Oh, Happy? I see...yeah, that makes sense. Yeah, we can do that mission! And we'll be sure to do our best, right? We have lives on the line here!" Though it took a while, another though popped into Fred's mind. "Uh, wait, aren't you two too young to be doing something like this? It seems like it might be fairly dangerous. Do you have ways of defending yourselves?"