Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

As Tabitha came to knock on the Vampire's cabin, Victor was lying down on his bed thinking of his past.

"Give me a minute, I will be there now."

Victor groaned quietly, tidying up a little because it's always nice to welcome a woman into a clean environment. Making sure that his cabin was in order, Victor opened the door and stared at Tabitha standing in front of him. Putting on one of his charming and misleading smiles, Victor appeared to be as happy as can be.

"So~... We are going to be understaffed and you are offering your assistance? That would be wonderful. While I show off my skills, you can get the crowds attention with your... Ummm... Hmmm."

Putting his hand to his chin, Victor had to try and figure out how he could tell Tabitha that she was attractive without sounding as if he were coming on to her. His conclusion, better to just avoid that statement completely.

"Anyway, feel free to come in for a bit. I am sure that I have a few things you could eat, drink or play around with. Sorry, think of me like an old man. I am still in awe at the concept of hundreds of people boarding jumbo jet aeroplanes and going from one side of the planet to the other in only a few hours. Then again, feel free to think I am still this "super-hot-immortal-teen-thing", you wouldn't be the first if you did."

Victor went back into his cabin, sitting down and allowing Tabitha the opportunity to enter if she wished.

"I have had quite a few people praise me on my appearance, how I look like the embodiment of handsomeness... But I do not think it is because they are looking at me. Being a Vampire you are granted with certain abilities, one of them being the ability to charm others. It acts as a way to lure people so that we can drink their blood somewhere less conspicuous. Unfortunately, this charm does not actually turn off, so do not be surprised if we get a dozen women throwing themselves at me after tonight's performance."

Victor then paused before sighing to himself.

"I am sorry... I am rabbling. I always end up rambling. Please tell me to stop if you are getting bored at all. I am sure there are more interesting things to talk about than my life... Well, maybe not that many because of how long I have lived, but I am sure there is something."

Victor was flustered. He didn't want to turn Tabitha away because he ended up talking too much and he didn't want her coming onto him just because of his stupid charm ability, even though he was sure she could resist it due to her being a psychic. He just wanted to get to know her as a friend.

"But, just to let you know, if my past is something you are interested in, then you only need to ask me. Just... Do not pry into it alone without my permission using your power. I have a few secrets that are better left forgotten."

Edited by Oblivion 22

The twins blinked a few times and groaned in annoyance. This kid was certainly trouble. He was sometimes there, and sometimes he wasn't. He was strange, then again, everyone in this circus was strange. "We don't have time for this." Nate complained. "This kid needs a baby sitter that should be able to keep up. Not saying you aren't capable." Kate said to the human guard. Nate and Kate looked at each other, nodding. They turned back to the shadow on the tree, their eyes narrowing. "Hey kid! We're going to go find some missing kids and kill off some evil monsters! We were wondering if you wanted to come!" Kate asked. "You don't have to come if you don't want to, but we're asking you because Happy asked us to and so you can actually socialize. We're even bringing Fred with us!" Nate added.

The guard looked down and rubbed the back of his head at the twin's order. The guard was used to receiving orders from his elders/superiors and not little kids, but oh well. He looked forward and nodded."Why uh, yes... Y'all follow me." With that, he turned around and led the small party towards where he last saw the boy. It was a few yards away from the tents and whatnot, and up a small little hill to where a rather old tree stood. Behind it was a wide view of a neighboring swamp lake. On the tree was the shadow of the boy, but no boy."Oh, that wasn't there earlier..." In front of the tree was an opened notebook and some scattered pencils around.

After noticing that the three had begun leaving, Fred said goodbye to Happy and Z, quickly catching up to them. After they had reach their location and the twins began screaming, Fred realized that he was completely in the dark about what's going on. "So, uh...who's this kid that we're looking for, now? He's one of us, right? One of us, uh, circus people?" Fred never quite knew how to phrase that. Sometimes he would use freaks instead of circus people. Sometimes he would use monsters. He would simply use whatever he felt like using at that time.

Flaire began to smile at Orali as she ate the Crackerjacks. "It's sometimes the small things that count" Flaire said as she rubbed Orali's head. "Sometimes." she thought to herself. Flaire ate the last bit of her chocolate and sat on the counter of the concession tent. "I can only wonder what would make you think so deeply about right side ups and upside downs." she muttered to herself. When Orali asked her if she was performing tonight, Flaire smiled and said very simply "Yea. How about you?"

"I am!" Orali exclaimed happily. "It is going to be awesome!" Popping the final piece of popcorn into her mouth, she crinkled up the bag, enjoying the strange sound that it made, before throwing it away. Her new trick was going to be a surprise... But surely she could let Flaire in on the secret? "I have been practicing a new stunt with the trapeze." She fell forward and stood on her hands. "I figured out how to get enough momentum to skip a bar without cheating." The spirit paused for a second. "But you can't tell, ok?" She waved her foot at the kitsune lady very sternly. "Because then it wouldn't be a secret."

The guard merely shrugged uncertainty at the kid's comment. He is just a guard, a rookie guard at that. Not some babysitter. If anything they needed a babysitter too. Honestly the entire situation only put more strain on the guard's day.

"Well, it's uh, my job to guard y'all and stuff." He said, rubbing the back of his head.

Meanwhile Sam heard voices, and saw the shadows of the twins and the others approach him in the shadow dimension. They wanted him to go on a mission and Sam sighed; he wasn't too much of a fan of missions. Using so much energy in his powers made him exhausted by the time the day was over. Still, he guess he could do it especially since Happy sounded like he wanted him to. Sam didn't want to appear to be a wimp either. He stepped out of his shadow on the tree, gaining his physical form as he entered the real world.

"Sure, I guess I'll go... What's up with the mission?"

After noticing that the three had begun leaving, Fred said goodbye to Happy and Z, quickly catching up to them. After they had reach their location and the twins began screaming, Fred realized that he was completely in the dark about what's going on. "So, uh...who's this kid that we're looking for, now? He's one of us, right? One of us, uh, circus people?" Fred never quite knew how to phrase that. Sometimes he would use freaks instead of circus people. Sometimes he would use monsters. He would simply use whatever he felt like using at that time.

"Yeah. He's a freak." Nate assured. Humans weren't often asked to take on missions. They were fragile and though dispensable, they wanted to avoid deaths of any staff. Mostly because they were hard to come by as it was. They either forced people to take part of the Circus, or they would have them join voluntarily. The latter was rather rare. "Don't worry, you won't have to come to the mission with us, human. We will bring him back if he's alive. We wouldn't want you to end up dying or getting in the way once we are facing whatever we have to face." Nate added to the guard with a wink.

The guard merely shrugged uncertainty at the kid's comment. He is just a guard, a rookie guard at that. Not some babysitter. If anything they needed a babysitter too. Honestly the entire situation only put more strain on the guard's day."Well, it's uh, my job to guard y'all and stuff." He said, rubbing the back of his head.Meanwhile Sam heard voices, and saw the shadows of the twins and the others approach him in the shadow dimension. They wanted him to go on a mission and Sam sighed; he wasn't too much of a fan of missions. Using so much energy in his powers made him exhausted by the time the day was over. Still, he guess he could do it especially since Happy sounded like he wanted him to. Sam didn't want to appear to be a wimp either. He stepped out of his shadow on the tree, gaining his physical form as he entered the real world."Sure, I guess I'll go... What's up with the mission?"

"We have received word that some children have gone missing. There is suspicion what whoever or whatever is taking these children is hiding within the abandoned labyrinth coal mines. We have to go investigate, find whatever it is that is kidnapping children, and if push comes to shove, eliminate it by any means necessary. Which means that we might have to get our hands dirty. But surely you won't mind that, would you?" Kate asked, smiling over at the younger boy. They were all, well, most of them were all unusual and thus, they were normal among their own kind. A family made out of broken up families, if you will. "You don't have to if you don't want to, but we surely would enjoy your company."

Tabitha couldn't help but to gently roll her eyes at Victor. As much suave and professional and sophisticated he wanted to be, even as an immortal being, he was still a dork that couldn't help but to act the age that he was stuck in, regardless how many years passed. Yet, she also felt pity. To live for so long meant losing allot of things along the way. Even at short times that she touched his hand or gently brushed past his side, she could sense the emotions of pain and see the blurs of red and images of people she never knew, but acknowledged that they were from Victor's memories from once long ago. He was also pretty bad at flirting. Whatever method he used to do in his time was stuck, and was actually pretty amusing to watch on and about, besides cute. She gently walked in, taking a seat next to Victor. "I know you're sensitive about your past." Tabitha said, turning to him with a smile. "Even without trying I can sense so many things and see so many people I can only imagine of how much they mean to you after so many years. I don't want tp pry into something that might cause you pain. That wouldn't be nice before a performance...though I am curious of who's the girl in the pink dress." Tabitha said as she closed her eyes to remember. "Pink with lace, and a soft voice that sang and smelled of roses whenever she walked into the room."

Cillan didn't look up at all until he heard a whistling sound. He turned to it, immediately noticing Raven and her bird companions chasing after him. As soon as he saw that, Cillan immediately took off with a somewhat panicked expression on his face. "No, please! This is good study and creative material! It could be an inspiration!" Cillan continued dashing away, still afraid to give back a loose feather. A simple, loose feather. Really, Cillan always took random things like that. He never winds up doing anything with it most of the time, though.

Right after Cillan tried defending himself, a robin grabbed onto Raven's feather, returning it to her. 

"Nobody takes my feathers from me like that. If you want a feather, pick up one that just falls off." she said rather rudely, a glare coming across her eyes. 

Raven spread out her wings, the other bird flying off. Before she left, she turned her neck to Cillian. 

"Unless you just want to be a bird without wings." Raven sharply jeered. 

Raven flew back up into the air, headed over to Snake's tent. She had to let him know what they were doing tonight. 

She stared at the feather in her hand, it was useless now. 

Raven let go of it, watching it fly off for a second before gliding down to land.

"Snakeee~ We have a mission tonight." she said, barging into his tent. 

Happy thought about it for a while before answering. "I suggest trying to speak with it and come to reason to come to the circus willingly. If push comes to shove, kill it." Happy said as he smiled.

Happy turned to look over and nodded enthutiastically. "Yes! That is a wonderful idea! Hew could definitely use the excersise." Happy said as he turned to Fred and the twins once more. "Alright you three. Go pick up your new partner and head to the mines. We will start opening the doors to the public shortly, so you will have more than enough time to take care of the mission and maybe even be back just in time to do your perfomance, if you wish." Happy explained. The twins nodded, looking over at Fred. "Let's go pick up the kid. We could certainly use the extra handsfor something that kidnaps children. Maybe we can use him as bait!" Nate said. Kate turned over to the guard and pointed at him. "Take us to where he is so we can ick him up. I don't want a stray puppy to end up getting in the way of us doing a mission." Kate said. By this point the missions were the only freedom the twins had, if you could call it that.

Happy looked over at Z and blinked a few times. "You drank too much, Z." Happy said simply. Though he didn't seem mad over his drunken state, at all. "With my darlings out on missions we should definitely have more hands on deck. Where's Tabitha?" Happy asked. "Right here." Tabitha said as she walked up. She predicted that Hapy would call for her, and so there she was at the ready. "Dear, you'll skip your clairvoyancy tonight and help with the perfomances. Understood?" Happy asked. "Yes sir."She responded. "Good, now help Z here get back to his tent, unless he wants to help out with the perfomances too? He'd make a great clown!"

"Nooo...", the demon whined. "I will never ever ever be a clown!~ I am a trained professional of feelings, darn it... I help with people'sss feelings and make them smiiile in a variety of ways... heh heh.", he chuckled. "I'll stick to that 'cause I am VERY good at it. I am perfectly fine! *hic* That, andya' only have one counselor in the entire circus, my dearest Happy. Heeheehee...", he reassured poorly.

"I'll ignore thisss an' just...", he sighed. "I'll go to my tent...and wait till the show begins... But, please don't call me a clown...it hurts my feelin'sss...", with that, he proceeded to ignore the help and started to glide back to his tent. 

Then he turned back to them. "See you later, lovelys...", he said before blowing a kiss at them with his unsettling grin. "I look forward to seeing the performance tonight...whatever it may be... Byyyye...", he called before sort of fleeing away. "If you actually need me today, you know you can always bribe me!!", he teased. He secretly like being bribed sometimes, since he would usually get something else rather than alcohol. Actual food, mostly.

As he went over to his tent, he grabbed a small sign from under the table and hung is on the front of his tent. The sign read,

"Please, for the love of Lucy Fur him/herself, no whistling in this tent. I'm not a dog, remember???? You people are inconsiderate sometimes!! But anyway, if you actually need my help, walk into the tent and just pat my head. I'd prefer it if someone rubs behind the ears, though.~

Wait. That's something a dog would like...

NEVERMIND!!

Anyways, I'm probably sleeping on the most comfortable sofa in the world.~~  I don't bite. If I leap at you when I wake up though, please don't take it the wrong way! It's the closed-off instincts talking...

Sorry. I'm babbling.

Just don't whistle in the tent!

Thank you.~

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

~Mr. Z."

After that, he delicately placed himself on to sofa and curled up like a dog, settling down for a nap until the performance. He felt like he needed to sober up a tiny bit, anyway...

Edited by Hargleblargleboo

Snake stared at her with curious eyes as his friends slithered around Raven harmlessly, trusting her. Goethe in particular slid across Snake's arm to greet her, making him paw the air involuntarily. "Nice to see you again, what is our mission? asks Goethe." Snake inquired, completely oblivious to what he just did. 

"I am!" Orali exclaimed happily. "It is going to be awesome!" Popping the final piece of popcorn into her mouth, she crinkled up the bag, enjoying the strange sound that it made, before throwing it away. Her new trick was going to be a surprise... But surely she could let Flaire in on the secret? "I have been practicing a new stunt with the trapeze." She fell forward and stood on her hands. "I figured out how to get enough momentum to skip a bar without cheating." The spirit paused for a second. "But you can't tell, ok?" She waved her foot at the kitsune lady very sternly. "Because then it wouldn't be a secret."

Flaire stuck out her chest and placed her hands on her hips. "You have my word that your secret is safe with me." she said in a very stern voice, playing along with Orali's suddenly tough demeanor. She then chuckled and grabbed Orali's foot to shake it as if she were her hand. Orali's feet were a little moist and grimmy because she walked around barefoot, but Flaire didn't mind much. Flaire then suddenly grabbed Orali by her ankles, while she was unside down, and flicked her rightside up by using the centrifugal force of Orali's body. "WOW! Your body is surprising very aerodynamic. I bet your going destroy this performance, cutie-pie!" She said with a hug. 

Sam listened to Kate's words, feeling rather startled at such a mission Kate was describing. Still, he supposed he should attend anyway. Usually he had to go on certain missions due to his abilities- for eavesdropping and spying and such. He felt like he had something to contribute to the Circus other than a silly shadow performance. Plus, the twins were going to be with him anyway. Sam liked being around them, as well as the other members such as Flaire and Happy. It really was family. With a nod, Sam agreed to go on the mission.

"Sure..." He said. "I'll help."

The guard sighed and decided that it was probably best for him to get the hell out of there.

"If ya'll don't need me, imma get goin' alright? Good..." With that, he slid away and made a beeline towards his usual post.

Flaire stuck out her chest and placed her hands on her hips. "You have my word that your secret is safe with me." she said in a very stern voice, playing along with Orali's suddenly tough demeanor. She then chuckled and grabbed Orali's foot to shake it as if she were her hand. Orali's feet were a little moist and grimmy because she walked around barefoot, but Flaire didn't mind much. Flaire then suddenly grabbed Orali by her ankles, while she was unside down, and flicked her rightside up by using the centrifugal force of Orali's body. "WOW! Your body is surprising very aerodynamic. I bet your going destroy this performance, cutie-pie!" She said with a hug.

(Magic hair- defying physics since before physics even had a name.)The spirit laughed at Flaire's stern act before gasping slightly as she went flying through the air. Not that flying through the air was bad, she did that all the time, but this time it was unexpected. 'Dang it.' Orali thought to herself as she returned Flaire's hug. She should have known the kitsune would surprise her back sooner or later. "I am sure you will do fantastic tonight, too!" The pale girl couldn't help but pout slightly and add "Some day I am going to be tall enough that people can't pick me up. It may be in a whole lot of days, but I'm going to get there." She nodded determinedly to emphasize the point.

Victor frowned slightly to himself, feeling like his mind was betraying him by revealing to Tabitha all of his personal memories that he wasn't ready to divulge yet.

"I'll get around to telling you about some things that have happened some other time."

But before Victor could continue to talk about anything, Tabitha had brought up a girl in pink that smelled of roses from his past. His gaze dropped and his hands tightened into fists. He did not mean to do Tabitha any harm, he simply became frustrated with having to remember.

"She was just some girl I used to know, roughly 140 years ago in London... I guess you could say it's because of her that I arrived here at this Circus and I don't think it was a coincidence."

Victor got to his feet, walking over to a wardrobe and taking out a very stylish black suit that had a black shirt, a black waistcoat and a black thin neck tie. Not even minding Tabitha's company and not feeling embarrassed in the slightest, the immortal teen began to change into what he would be wearing for his performance. Even though he'd briefly brought up his past, Victor was hesitant to let Tabitha into his head any more than he had to. He was curious about his future, but that meant letting her in about his past at the same time. it was like a double edged sword for him.

"Anyway, the performance shouldn't be too tough. You might have to stand around with an apple on your head as I throw knives at your head occasionally, but I assure you that it'll be perfectly safe. Since becoming a Vampire, I've never missed."

Slipping his hands through the sleeves of his jacket, Victor turned back to Tabitha and slung his tie around his neck.

"Can you help me with this bit? I'm still not used to wearing these tie things."

----------Victor's Suit: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/96/f2/a5/96f2a5cacd9a3e8659dd75b75ee70614.jpg

Snake stared at her with curious eyes as his friends slithered around Raven harmlessly, trusting her. Goethe in particular slid across Snake's arm to greet her, making him paw the air involuntarily. "Nice to see you again, what is our mission? asks Goethe." Snake inquired, completely oblivious to what he just did.

Raven winced a bit as Goethe crawled on her. "Ah, Goethe...please get off of me." She asked to the snake.She then turned her eyes to Snake, walking a bit closer to him."We have an assassination task. Tonight while the show is still going on. We will have to make room. I'm sure with my agility and your snakes, we can get the job done rather quickly." Raven explained."How does it sound?" She asked, a wing spreading to wrap around his back. "We might get something from Happy." She wondered out loud.

(Magic hair- defying physics since before physics even had a name.)The spirit laughed at Flaire's stern act before gasping slightly as she went flying through the air. Not that flying through the air was bad, she did that all the time, but this time it was unexpected. 'Dang it.' Orali thought to herself as she returned Flaire's hug. She should have known the kitsune would surprise her back sooner or later. "I am sure you will do fantastic tonight, too!" The pale girl couldn't help but pout slightly and add "Some day I am going to be tall enough that people can't pick me up. It may be in a whole lot of days, but I'm going to get there." She nodded determinedly to emphasize the point.

Flaire chuckled a little at how cute Orali's pouting was, but then found herself in a state of shock. "WAIT! Are there any missions on the board!?" Flaire abruptly asked Orali. "How did I forget to check the board for who went out on the missions!?" Flaire swiftly grabbed a notebook from behind the concession counter and began to hastily make her way towards the announcement board. "Come on, Orali!" Flaire commanded as she gestured Orali to come with her as she walked off. "I have to see who is going on a mission."

"With the two of us together, it'll be easy. Says Goethe." Snake replied, pulling his friend back to his arm. As Emily chided Goethe for his childish behavior, the young man began to remove his high-collared jacket, preparing for the performance. "We'll have to be careful not to draw attention to us, but it'll be alright. Says Emily." 

Victor frowned slightly to himself, feeling like his mind was betraying him by revealing to Tabitha all of his personal memories that he wasn't ready to divulge yet.

"I'll get around to telling you about some things that have happened some other time."

But before Victor could continue to talk about anything, Tabitha had brought up a girl in pink that smelled of roses from his past. His gaze dropped and his hands tightened into fists. He did not mean to do Tabitha any harm, he simply became frustrated with having to remember.

"She was just some girl I used to know, roughly 140 years ago in London... I guess you could say it's because of her that I arrived here at this Circus and I don't think it was a coincidence."

Victor got to his feet, walking over to a wardrobe and taking out a very stylish black suit that had a black shirt, a black waistcoat and a black thin neck tie. Not even minding Tabitha's company and not feeling embarrassed in the slightest, the immortal teen began to change into what he would be wearing for his performance. Even though he'd briefly brought up his past, Victor was hesitant to let Tabitha into his head any more than he had to. He was curious about his future, but that meant letting her in about his past at the same time. it was like a double edged sword for him.

"Anyway, the performance shouldn't be too tough. You might have to stand around with an apple on your head as I throw knives at your head occasionally, but I assure you that it'll be perfectly safe. Since becoming a Vampire, I've never missed."

Slipping his hands through the sleeves of his jacket, Victor turned back to Tabitha and slung his tie around his neck.

"Can you help me with this bit? I'm still not used to wearing these tie things."

----------Victor's Suit: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/96/f2/a5/96f2a5cacd9a3e8659dd75b75ee70614.jpg

Tabitha couldn't help but to wonder if Victor would ever be able to open up. To live forever was difficult as it was. To lose those who you care for while you remain young was worse. However she could tell this girl, this woman, whoever it was, died...unexpectedly. The feelings were painful, and the images were always cut short, and they never went beyond a certain age. She always looked young. Tabitha gasped and covered her eyes as Victor shamelessly changed in front of her. "I trust your skills with the knife. I know for a fact you're a perfectionist...you wouldn't let yourself fail in front of a crowd." Tabitha went on. He was clumsy and careless when he wanted to be. But when he was on stage, whether out of pride or utter fear, no one dared to slip up. She moved one hand away from her eyes to see Victor already in the suit. She walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck as she reached for the tie, and began to tie it up. "You have over one hundred years of life and you still need to learn how to tie this. You're clueless, Victor." Tabitha said playfully before tightening the fabric around his neck a tad bit too tight. But that wouldn't do much to a vampire. They didn't even had a heart beat. She leaned closer, smiling playfully at Victor. "If you miss a single knife, you owe me dinner."

Sam listened to Kate's words, feeling rather startled at such a mission Kate was describing. Still, he supposed he should attend anyway. Usually he had to go on certain missions due to his abilities- for eavesdropping and spying and such. He felt like he had something to contribute to the Circus other than a silly shadow performance. Plus, the twins were going to be with him anyway. Sam liked being around them, as well as the other members such as Flaire and Happy. It really was family. With a nod, Sam agreed to go on the mission."Sure..." He said. "I'll help."The guard sighed and decided that it was probably best for him to get the hell out of there."If ya'll don't need me, imma get goin' alright? Good..." With that, he slid away and made a beeline towards his usual post.

"Alright!" Kate said happily. Now that they were all accounted for, they could go ahead and hurry to do the mission. The show would be starting, and they had a limited time before the people were to return back to town and be witness to any atrocity that any of them were able to commit. "Lets get going. We have some missing children to find, a cave to explore, and something to kill." Kate said, the group walking off to hurry to do their mission. They sneaked away around the back of the Circus, as the front was already being surged in by crowds of families and individuals entering for the show. The other members were already playing some music, helping people with directions as children laughed and took pictures with characters. People bought popcorn and treats and souvenirs just as they entered the biggest tent, getting ready for the upcoming show. Happy was already watching from his spot, walking back and forth as he made sure that everything started to go...spotless.

The group walked across the somewhat empty town, through the local forest and over to the abandoned mines. Mines where children and teens would just hang around or explore out of curiosity, was now the household of something evil that was kidnapping children away from their families. Whether they would find them alive or dead, they would have to find out within the mine's labyrinth.

Sam walked along with the others, taking in all the rich scenery the new location had to offer. It was great being a part of the circus, especially since he was able to see so many new and wonderful sights. It was something he would never be able to do in his past 'home.' As they were approaching the mineshaft, Sam cautiously narrowed his eyes and peered inside the endless darkness that awaited inside.

"Great... This got harder." He placed his hand on the ground and closed his eyes. "I can't really feel anything in there... No shadows yet. Do you want me to go in as a shadow and see if I come across anything?" Sam asked to Nate and Kate.

This was one of the few times he spoke so much, most likely due to the fact that he was on a mission with those he liked being around and he wasn't surrounded with so much people like he was in the Circus. The only times he talked really was when the Circus was closed or there wasn't as much people nearby.

Edited by Aqua7KH

Flaire chuckled a little at how cute Orali's pouting was, but then found herself in a state of shock. "WAIT! Are there any missions on the board!?" Flaire abruptly asked Orali. "How did I forget to check the board for who went out on the missions!?" Flaire swiftly grabbed a notebook from behind the concession counter and began to hastily make her way towards the announcement board. "Come on, Orali!" Flaire commanded as she gestured Orali to come with her as she walked off. "I have to see who is going on a mission."

'Hmmm?' The pale girl blinked at the sudden change of pace before shrugging with a quiet laugh. "Alright!" The spirit had to run a bit to catch up, bouncing along with her arms spread out like an airplane. She jumped as she reached Flaire, spinning twice in the air before touching down and jogging again. "Race you? Readysetgo, hahaha!" Orali took off at a sprint, shamelessly cheating a bit using wind magic to launch herself forward. She smiled as she felt the air blow past her. Today was a good day.

Victor stared at Tabitha as she carefully folded his neck tie, his gaze unflinching and unblinking. Watching as she leaned in closer, declaring how he would have to take her to dinner should he mess up his act, Victor also leaned closer. With their faces only centimeters apart, the Vampire's eyes narrowed seriously, almost as if he were trying to convey a message of great importance through his gaze alone.

"If I were to mess up this act, I would not be able to take you to dinner even if I wanted to. So..."

Victor took a step back, sliding a finger inside his collar to ever so slightly create some room so that his neck would sit more comfortably.

"If I do pull off this performance without getting anything wrong, then perhaps you would not mind treating me?"

Victor smiled slightly, but he averted his eyes while under the cover of darkness from his cabin. He was very fond of Tabitha, but he could not let go of the past.

"Also... One other thing. When we go out there tonight... Do not intervene no matter what you see. Even if it looks like I am about to die, you must not interfere, understand?"

Moving to the door, Victor opened it slowly, bathing the room and the pair in an orange glow from the setting Sun.

"Let's go get ready. We've got a show to put on."

~Meanwhile~

"The Dark Woods Circus~... They seem to be quite the lively bunch."

Queuing to get a ticket for that night's performance, a young man with red hair was messing around with a deck of playing cards, shuffling them using unusually complicated methods. The boy's current name was Nine and it was unknown to many who this person was. Ceasing the shuffling of the cards, Nine put a hand up to the side of his head.

"Okay~... Searching for info... There's a lot of stuff here. Not all that much on the Ringmaster. Hehehe, maybe he's just as mysterious as I am."

Nine chuckled to himself, comparing himself to Happy and how similar they "might" be.

"Either way, I'm more interested in tonight's main event... The fabled "Dance of Blades" performed by Mr Victor Graham..."

Nine smirked as he slammed his hands together, causing all but one of the cards in his hands to disappear. Revealing the card to himself, Nine found the Jack of Hearts resting in between his fingers.

"... Let's see how well he can react under pressure."

Tabitha watched as Victor walked away, crossing her arms almost seemingly unimpressed. "I guess that could work. Perfectionist." Tabitha cooed. The two of them flirted much more often that the two would admit. Happy had already started bets if they were going to end up together or not. Regardless it was a good thing. It helped for the two of them to keep an eye out for one another when Happy was too busy or distracted. Plus it gave Happy something to bother both Victor and Tabitha about when he was bored. She pursed her lips at his warning. "Not like I would be able to. You're too fast for me to keep up with." Tabitha said as she walked over, following Victor out of the tent. "You go ahead, I'll meet you at the main tent. I have to change into something more appropriate for the performance." Tabitha said with a soft smile. Though as pretty as her casual dress was, she needed to look like she matched with Victor and his attire. She hurried over to her tent, changing into a simple yet elegant black dress, and fixing her hair in an elegant hair bun, and wearing black lace gloves. With that, she hurried back to the main tent to meet up with Victor. On the way, as she walked past the way leading to the stands, she couldn't help but to feel what could only be described as a prick against her skin. Something...was off, yet she couldn't describe it or know of what kind.

Happy was watching over the semi-chaos that always happened before a show. Staff hurrying back and forth to make sure everything was ok and ready to go, performers getting ready for their debut, and overall, just making sure things went as flawless as possible for the sake of keeping up the Circus' reputation, and Happy's expectations. Happy had a familiar looking cat resting across his shoulder, purring against him. "Alright everyone! We are starting now! Performers get ready! We have five members out on missions. We must give them enough time to finish the missions, so their performances will be moved around the end until they can return." Happy explained. He held a pocket watch in his hand, ticking in synch. "Right now the town is empty...they're all here. If anyone wants to volunteer to go first so I can introduce them, by the way! That would be great!"

Kate and Nate looked over at Sam. "Enter the shadows and explore ahead. We'll follow you right behind." Nate said, moving his hand down as suddenly one of the stitches in his hand started to open up, a bloody bone slowly emerging as it began to sharpen up, forming as a sword to be used by the twins. "If you see or sense something, anything, tell us." Kate said, following Sam behind into the cave. Soft whimpers and sobs could be heard from within...now they just had to find the source.

---

Tabitha's dress

g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1k8ggIpXXXXbsXFXXq6xXFXXXF/Sexy-font-b-Black-b-font-Evening-font-b-Dress-b-font-Women-Gown-Prom-font.jpg

Edited by Stardustblade358

~Z~

Z was awoken by his little old timey alarm clock sitting on a shelf that he forgot about. It scared the literal living hell out of him as he shrieked, falling off of the couch and trying to grip the air for support as he thumped to the floor. He just laid there for a bit, staring up at the ceiling of his tent, that semi-iconic grin still pasted to his face. He just stared up before airing a wheezy laugh out of nowhere.

"Ohhh wooooow...", he slurred one again, the heavy alcohol intake still influencing his fragile state of mind. "I'm gonna...uh... Oh! I'm gonna be late for the showww!~"

He wasted no time initiating his human disguise. It did not look all that different from his natural form. He just didn't want to get scolded by anybody in the staff again for unsuccessfully hiding his demonic stature. He still had that sharp, toothy grin and red eyes, though. Then, successfully knowing nothing about fashion, he lazily put on his lucky bowler hat and grabbed a cane decorated with a silver ram on the tip that one of the doctors gave him for balance in is drunken state.

Posted Image

He rubbed his eyes as he stumbled out of the tent to get in line for the show. He loved helping his local workers. He also loved the humans, a bit too much most of the time.

He got in line right behind a young red-haired man in the line. Looking over his shoulder, the incubus observed in interest.

"Heh heh heh...", the demon creepily chuckled from behind, balancing himself on his cane with his hands. "I'm not sure if this is your first time to...this circus, Mister. You, uh...are aware that the, uhm...performers are under a lot of pressure as it is, riiiight?...", he asked in a bit of a low whisper. "Hee hee hee... That pressure brings out a great performance nonetheless, you see. This circus is like no other. I think you'll- *hic*...reeeeeaaaally enjoy it... It's soooo much fun...", he stated out of the blue. "Those cards, though... Not too sure why you have those with ya'... Hoo hoo hoo! May...maybe for a dandy shindig with friends, I assume? *hic* That... That should be fun, Mister...uhm...What do you go by, if you don't mind me asking?..."

Sometimes, Z never knew when to shut up.

Upon hearing the show was starting soon, Raven stared out of Snake's door.

"Hurry up and get ready Snake." She said, then flying off to her tent.

Raven could move rather quickly with several wings on her back, each acting as kind of an arm.

They all helped her get dressed, and her birds helped to an extent.

When she was all done, the ends of her hair was curled, she looked significantly more pale, and black vine-like designs drawn on her cheek, blow her right eye, and the one on her cheek extending down her neck.

She wore a black sleeveless corset-like top, the collar was high and there was a split in the dress where it gave the corset like look. Her stomach was visible, a rather flat, slightly muscular stomach.

A black steam-punk looking flair skirt, tied a bit high on her waist. The skirt was tied rather tight, beautiful black stockings lining up to her mid-thigh. She wouldn't wear her shoes when performing, but she wore cute circus-like heels.

Raven believed she was beautiful and always went a little "all out" on her costumes. It's not every day you see an angel at the circus.

Raven would walk to Snake's tent, checking on him. She carried a knife within her skirt, for the mission.

((Raven's Blouse-

Posted Image

Raven's Skirt-

Posted Image

Raven's stockings- http://litbimg.rightinthebox.com/images/384x384/201403/otxmnq1395152736563.jpg

Raven's Heels- http://lghttp.17106.nexcesscdn.net/808773/magento/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/h/shoes-heels-plsr-contessa-06blackwhite.jpg

Raven's Face Paint Designs- http://designelements.ws/1024/design-element-clipart-of-black-and-white-vine-designs-by-geo-images-3028.jpg

WILL HYPERLINK THIS ALL WHEN I GET TO A COMPUTER))

Inside the navy blue tent stood Snake, prepared for their performance. His underweight, pale frame was visible due to his decision to forgo a shirt, his ribs and collar bones clearly outlined. For his pants, he doned tights that were tinted dark gold, bearing scale designs that matched those on his skin. Averting his eyes from Raven who had entered the room, he was rather self-conscious of his appearance. "Oscar and Wordsworth have gone on ahead to the seats to recon. They'll be ready for our target... says Wilde." 

Briefly splitting up from Tabitha, Victor had made his way to the big tent where many people were beginning to take their seats.

"Looks like we will have a full house tonight. Good, the more people the better."

Victor grinned, becoming slightly cocky at how he'll fair during the performance. In waiting, the snow haired Vampire sat down back stage, contemplating his interactions with Tabitha earlier. He was positive that she wasn't taking him seriously whenever he talked about putting his life on the line. Did she think he was joking around or that he was the joke? Victor sighed to himself as he didn't know if he really liked Tabitha or really disliked her. Sure she was kind and beautiful, but he also found her to be quite noncommittal whenever they talked alone. Not having to wait long however, Victor saw Tabitha arrive back wearing a new black dress with her hair tied back. Victor had to turn away and put a hand to his chest to make sure his heart wasn't beating or that his face wasn't glowing red. Thankfully, being a Vampire means having no heart beat and thus no capability to blush. Getting to his feet and standing up in front of Tabitha, Victor cleared his throat as he built up his courage a little.

"Well... You look quite beautiful this evening. I did not expect you would actually have something in black though. You seem the type to wear brighter coloured clothing. Anyway, there are a lot of people out there. Are you ready?"

Victor asked, putting his left arm behind his back and offering his right hand to Tabitha so that they might walk out on stage together.

~Meanwhile~

Nine smiled at Z as he asked him about his cards and how the Circus acts during their performances. Chuckling to himself, Nine held up the card to Z, offering it to him.

"Trust me, I know how this Circus operates. But you see, that's fine for me because it only makes my job easier. Anyway, I'm talking about a whole different kind of pressure when it comes tonights performance."

Nine smirked as the man asked for his name, proceeding to hold up the one card in his hand.

"Let me show you some "real" magic."

Very suddenly, the card in Nine's hand began to catch on fire, burning endlessly without actually destroying the card itself. The only thing that seemed to change was the front of the card changing. The Jack of Hearts burnt away, leaving the Nine of Diamonds behind. As soon as the transition was complete, Nine handed the card over to Z.

"My name is Nine, I'll be joining this circus beginning tomorrow, but don't tell anyone else. This will be our little secret."

Nine stepped forward in the queue and bought his ticket.

"See you around old man."

And with that, Nine went inside the big tent, taking his seat as he waited for the performances to begin.

Raven cleared her throat upon seeing Snake, he was so frail it was almost sad. However he was rather attractive in her eyes.

"Well, we need to be off. If you would excuse me for this..." Raven hesitated, but put a black cloak disguise on Snake.

"You will be too noticeable with your white hair and pale completion if I am carrying you on my back there. This is the way you can blend in with me." She defended her reason.

"Now please excuse me again." Raven cleared her throat, grabbing Snake and lugging him on her back.

"Yes this is very awkward, but it will be the fastest way. Your snakes better not crawl on me." She quickly said.

Raven herself was actually rather strong, she was an aerial silk performer god forbid.

"Lets go." She said, slightly struggling out of his tent, due to the weird position.

She quickly leapt up to where she was flying, finding Happy rather easily.

"Me and Snake are off! Save our performances until later!!" She exclaimed to her ringmaster.

She then took to the high skies, making sure Snake was secured easily.

"Sorry it's cold!! Also, don't look down!!" She warned.

She blended in rather well into the night, keeping her eyes peeled for any suspicious activity.