Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

'Hmmm?' The pale girl blinked at the sudden change of pace before shrugging with a quiet laugh. "Alright!" The spirit had to run a bit to catch up, bouncing along with her arms spread out like an airplane. She jumped as she reached Flaire, spinning twice in the air before touching down and jogging again. "Race you? Readysetgo, hahaha!" Orali took off at a sprint, shamelessly cheating a bit using wind magic to launch herself forward. She smiled as she felt the air blow past her. Today was a good day.

When Orali flew past Flaire and challenged her to a race, Flaire smiled and shook her head in a disagreeing manner. "Kids these days." She muttered under her breathe with an extremely slight smerk on her face. "Wait for me!" She yelled as her power walking turned into an all out sprint.When they both finally reached the status board, Flaire jotted down the types of missions being done and by who the missions were being done. "Hmmmm..... Sam when on a mission with the twins!? That is interesting..... I hope he's okay." Flaire said to herself "Raven and Snake on an assassin mission? I willing to bet that Snake could have done this mission by himself. Why would he go with Raven?" Flaire asked, talking out loud again. Flaire then looked over at Orali and began to wonder. "Hmmmm......" Flaire said. She then gently held Orali by her cheeks with the palms of her hands and asked "What do you think, cutie?" As she stared into her rather large eyes.

A cool breeze blew across Snake's face as he widened his eyes. Staying true to Raven's request, his friends did their best to cling onto him, a feeling of nausea washing over the small group. "This is quite the experience! I feel like I'm going to be sick... says Goethe." Tightening his grip around her without being too rough, Snake couldn't help but feel glad, averting his eyes from staring below while they soared through the night sky. It was his first time being this close to another person and his face showed it with a light blush.

"Me and Snake are off! Save our performances until later!!" She exclaimed to her ringmaster.

Happy turned and waved. "Be careful, you two!" Happy exclaimed. He purred to himself as he then took a glance at the couple that weren't even a couple but everyone in the circle shipped them anyways. His eyes glistened as he ran over to the two.

"Well... You look quite beautiful this evening. I did not expect you would actually have something in black though. You seem the type to wear brighter coloured clothing. Anyway, there are a lot of people out there. Are you ready?"Victor asked, putting his left arm behind his back and offering his right hand to Tabitha so that they might walk out on stage together.

Tabitha chuckled at his compliment. He was always a gentleman at heart, but whether he actually meant what he said at times was quite a mystery of its own. Just to get along with him or becoming close to him was a task. The vampire had his own issues and like most people among the circus, wasn't or at least didn't seem interested in creating strong relationships of any kind. "I honestly think this is the only dark clothing I have. Happy asked me to get a spare in case of any special event. I guess this counts as such. I have to keep up with you and all!" Tabitha said as she took Victor's hand. "On another topic you need to smile more often, Victor." Tabitha said, getting one finger over to Victor's cheek and gently forming a smile on his face. "Even with those fangs it is scientifically proven that if you smile at least once a day it can make your day brighter~" Tabitha chimed happily. If Victor was a moon, then Tabitha was a sun, the two different in many ways yet complimented the other. "YOU TWO!" Happy called, suddenly wrapping his arms around their shoulders with a smile. "We have five people out on missions, and we need to start this show with a bang until they return! I'm bumping your show and you're performing first, Victor." Happy announced. "We're going first?" Tabitha asked. "Yup, now get ready, I'm going to start the show." Happy said as he rushed off, running up to the stage as he signaled the rest of the staff.

Just like that, the lights shut down, and the drums began to play. Suddenly the spotlights began to spin around the tent before landing on the center of the stage, where Happy stood. He smiled as the crowed cheered, waving his hands. "Welcome everyone, and good evening! I, Happy, welcomes you all to our humble home, here, at the Dark Woods Circus! Today you will see grand performances, and many things that will cause you to awe, and gasp, and make you truly wonder...is it reality, or not?" Happy said, moving his cape over his shoulder and pulling it away, revealing his cat now on it as it meowed, causing the crowd to clap. "I must warn you, what you will see tonight will make you cringe, cry, but we assure you that everything you see, is real! For this is, the one and only, Dark Woods Circus!" Happy cheered as confetti began to explode across the place, receiving cheers from the crowed. "Our first performance is a classic, yet heart stopping favorite! Here I present to you, the famous Dance of Blades performed by none other than Victor Graham, and his assistant, Tabitha! Victor, I leave the stage to you!" Happy said, suddenly smoke covering him, and then disappearing. The crowd cheered.

Tabitha looked over at Victor, holding his hand. "Ready when you are. Hope you don't get stage fright."

-MEANWHILE-

In a home in an isolated property, a paranoid man walked around in his study. Papers and documents were spread on his desk and floor. Books covered the shelves of the walls, and notebooks filled with handwritten notes piled on his desk. Folders labeled CLASSIFIED or with scribbled names such as EVIDENCE were piled in boxes. Pictures of known freaks and members of the protocol were on the pin up wall. A box filled with DVDs and casets all filled with video and audio recordings of all kinds was also present. For years this man had been collecting evidence against the top secret project, and he was ready to finally release the information to the world. He was ready to let the world know the truth of the supernatural. Of the circus. Of everything. Now, if only he didn't had only mere hours left to live.

~Meanwhile~Nine smiled at Z as he asked him about his cards and how the Circus acts during their performances. Chuckling to himself, Nine held up the card to Z, offering it to him."Trust me, I know how this Circus operates. But you see, that's fine for me because it only makes my job easier. Anyway, I'm talking about a whole different kind of pressure when it comes tonights performance."Nine smirked as the man asked for his name, proceeding to hold up the one card in his hand."Let me show you some "real" magic."Very suddenly, the card in Nine's hand began to catch on fire, burning endlessly without actually destroying the card itself. The only thing that seemed to change was the front of the card changing. The Jack of Hearts burnt away, leaving the Nine of Diamonds behind. As soon as the transition was complete, Nine handed the card over to Z."My name is Nine, I'll be joining this circus beginning tomorrow, but don't tell anyone else. This will be our little secret."Nine stepped forward in the queue and bought his ticket."See you around old man."And with that, Nine went inside the big tent, taking his seat as he waited for the performances to begin.

The demon perked his head up in intrigue and gently received the card, causing him to feel like it was his birthday or something.  He loved cards just as much as the next guy. That, and this man was intriguing all on his own. Mr. Z giggled with red glowing eyes.

"Snnrk... Oh, reeeally??? That's fantastic! We could alwaysss have more people on board!~ *hic* Mmm hmm hmm hmm!", he chuckled again. "Real magic, you say? You mean the fake, human kind with literal sssmoke an' mirrors?", he teased, his grin getting wider. However, what the human demonstrated was indeed "real" magic. Black or white, it didn't matter. The trick was way too impressive to Z. Then again, the demon was impressed by just about anything. 

"Ooh hoo hoo hoo hoo!", he softly exclaimed. "Fire!~ My faaaavorite...". He took the card and looked at Nine with a seemingly unending smile. "Oh, don't you worry, keeping secrets with others is myyy specialty..." He then leaned in to whisper to the human in a rather unsettling fashion, but ultimately meant no harm. "If...If you get the chance, swinnng by the tent of the counselor. They help out a lot and can aaalways keep someone company around here... Heh heh heh...", he offered with a wink before the man went about on his way, telling the demon goodbye.

"Heh heh... I am old... Old as Hell...", he murmured in his head with a carefree smile as he paid for his own ticket and found a seat.

Gosh, he loved this twisted circus. It's shows always cheered him up even more than he already was. The abundance of humans, the performances, seeing Happy work his own "real" magic, and seeing his colleagues do their amazing acts. It was like a party, a very weird party. The demon was wild and joyous with hype, a bit too much in fact.

Sam nodded upon Kate and Nate's words. He turned towards the entrance of the mine shaft and stained straight into the darkness. Because of his abilities, he wasn't afraid of the dark no- instead he saw the darkness as just a plane that he could walk on. It was very strange acting like a shadow in darkness, but it was something he got used to. He closed his eyes and sank into the ground, his shadow taking form on the ground. He entered the mineshaft, very aware of any dangers that were in.

He heard the crying and sobs and ventured forth. Such sounds weren't good, but hopeful that they found what they looking for. He went deeper into the dephts of the darkness, hoping to at least find something.

The only challenge Raven had to face now was the fact she had no idea where this assassin's house was. She couldn't really tell street addresses from the air, however she usually did have ideas. 

"Now Snake, this is an assassin. They WILL try to kill us. If you're not careful...they will get your snakes too. We need to be careful and very sly." Raven instructed, slowly starting to descend from the sky.

(Yes, short post. I really really dont know what to say.)

When Orali flew past Flaire and challenged her to a race, Flaire smiled and shook her head in a disagreeing manner. "Kids these days." She muttered under her breathe with an extremely slight smerk on her face. "Wait for me!" She yelled as her power walking turned into an all out sprint.When they both finally reached the status board, Flaire jotted down the types of missions being done and by who the missions were being done. "Hmmmm..... Sam when on a mission with the twins!? That is interesting..... I hope he's okay." Flaire said to herself "Raven and Snake on an assassin mission? I willing to bet that Snake could have done this mission by himself. Why would he go with Raven?" Flaire asked, talking out loud again. Flaire then looked over at Orali and began to wonder. "Hmmmm......" Flaire said. She then gently held Orali by her cheeks with the palms of her hands and asked "What do you think, cutie?" As she stared into her rather large eyes.

Orali laughed as they reached the board, spinning around on one foot and looking up at the clouds. That cloud looked like a cat, the spirit noted, and if she tilted her head a bit... The one to the right was a dinosaur! What was that on-eh? Orali was snapped out of her reverie for the second time that day by someone grabbing her cheeks. "Hmm?" What did she think? She thought back through the last couple of minutes to find what Flaire was talking about. Oh, the assassination mission. Snake would probably do well on his own, but Raven did like animals. "Maybe Snake was assigned to it and Raven decided to tag along to hang out with his companions? Or... Raven might have chosen it out and asked him to come in case she needed backup?" But would Raven need backup? Her thoughts were interrupted again as the sound of drums crackled through the air. "Gah!" Orali jumped a foot in the air, almost forgetting to come down before glancing at her hovering feet and dropping. "We're late!" The spirit girl grabbed Flaire's hand and took off running toward the grand tent.

Inhale..... Exhale........ Inhale......... Exhale......... "Focus on the Temporal Lobe......" Jake says to himself "Focus......". Jake connects his mind to Raven's mind very discreetly, as if trying not to make his presence known. He then provides her with a mental map and the percise location of where to go. "Safe hunting the both of you." Jake says as he makes his way back the Circus. 

When Jake arrives, he hastily and very calmly makes his way to the main Circus and then backstage. He looks around and spots Happy. His stomach fills with a little bit of disgust, but Jake understands that Happy is the person he needs to see. Jake approaches him. "Happy." Jake says blandly "Here is what was asked for from the mission I was sent on." Jake extends his left hand holding a bag that is dripping a red liquid. Jakle knows that he should have given Happy the object in secret, but he didn't care.

Orali laughed as they reached the board, spinning around on one foot and looking up at the clouds. That cloud looked like a cat, the spirit noted, and if she tilted her head a bit... The one to the right was a dinosaur! What was that on-eh? Orali was snapped out of her reverie for the second time that day by someone grabbing her cheeks. "Hmm?" What did she think? She thought back through the last couple of minutes to find what Flaire was talking about. Oh, the assassination mission. Snake would probably do well on his own, but Raven did like animals. "Maybe Snake was assigned to it and Raven decided to tag along to hang out with his companions? Or... Raven might have chosen it out and asked him to come in case she needed backup?" But would Raven need backup? Her thoughts were interrupted again as the sound of drums crackled through the air. "Gah!" Orali jumped a foot in the air, almost forgetting to come down before glancing at her hovering feet and dropping. "We're late!" The spirit girl grabbed Flaire's hand and took off running toward the grand tent.

"NOT LATE AGAIN!!!!" Flaire shouted as Orali pulled her along. "Today, is just a really off kind of day!!!" Flaire whined.

As they run towards the grand tent, a thought crosses Flaire's mind. She began to look at herself and quickly noticed a problem. "Orali, hold on! We need our costumes!" Flaire began to panic. "Umm... UMMM...." she begins to look around frantically and spots her trailer "Okay, we'll run over to my trailer and quickly get dressed. I have a smaller costume that I think will fit you perfectly." Flaire looks around, again. "Nobody is looking. Use your wind magic to get us there faster." Flaire says, egging Orali on.

"NOT LATE AGAIN!!!!" Flaire shouted as Orali pulled her along. "Today, is just a really off kind of day!!!" Flaire whined. As they run towards the grand tent, a thought crosses Flaire's mind. She began to look at herself and quickly noticed a problem. "Orali, hold on! We need our costumes!" Flaire began to panic. "Umm... UMMM...." she begins to look around frantically and spots her trailer "Okay, we'll run over to my trailer and quickly get dressed. I have a smaller costume that I think will fit you perfectly." Flaire looks around, again. "Nobody is looking. Use your wind magic to get us there faster." Flaire says, egging Orali on.

"Ok!" She started running towards Flaire's trailer, feeling her magic wrap around the Kitsune and herself, shooting them forward. The trailer wasn't too far away, and they reached it quickly with the wind's aide. "I left my costume in a tent two to the left of yours," the spirit told her purple haired friend as she released her hand. "Be back in a minute!" Flaire's offer to let her borrow an outfit had been very kind, but using the wrong clothes might change how she could move her body in the air, and even a slight change so quickly could make a big mess. Slipping through the door of the tent and closing it, Orali found the box she was looking for and quickly changed. Her costume was similar to her normal outfit, with a few more gems and decorations to spice it up.post-53311-0-29512800-1455493618_thumb.jpgpost-53311-0-21769600-1455493647_thumb.jpg

Nine chuckled to himself as Mister Z seemed to be the interesting individual and would make sure to come visit him again after the show. In the mean time, the red head sat in his seat patiently as the Happy opened up the show, introducing Victor's act first. With a malicious smirk, Nine propped his face up on his fist, the anticipation ticking away at him.

"It won't be long now..."

Smiling at his lovely assistant, Victor began to glow with confidence and it seemingly leaked from his body.

"Let us go."

Stepping onto the stage under the cover of the smoke, it had appeared to the audience that Victor had magically teleported to the centre of the stage. Throwing his arms out to either side, the Vampire smiled and looked around yo see everyone.

"Welcome everyone! I see that you are all looking comfortable for tonight's act. Well, don't get used to it, because I will be sending chills down your spines."

Victor then stretched out on hand in front of him, pulling on the sleeve.

"As you can see, I have nothing hidden up my sleeves or within the inside of my jacket. However..."

With a very brief flick of his wrist, a knife had appeared between Victor's fingers.

"... I seem to be holding a knife!"

The crowd cheered slightly, a lot of clapping echoing throughout the tent.

"Please, the act has not even begun."

Without warning, Victor had tossed the knife in a seemingly random direction, but it had miraculously hit the bullseye of a dartboard without him even looking.

"From here on out, the real show will begin. If you would all welcome my beautiful assistant, Tabitha, up onto the stage please."

The crowd gave a round of applause and the occasional whistle as Victor brought into view, leading her by the hand.

"Now, a warning to you children. This is a very dangerous act and should not be attempted at home... Or anywhere else for that matter. After all, how will I earn my money if anyone can do it?"

The crowd laughed as Victor took the role of the comedian during the act. Flicking his hands through the air once again, more knives seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Holding three in each hand, Victor smiled at Tabitha.

"Now, my next act will be to have the lovely Miss Tabitha stand with her back to the wall as I throw these knives around her. Where will I be aiming you may ask? From 40 feet away, I will be aiming... Between her finger tips."

There were many whispers in the crowd about whether or not Victor could do it, but they were unaware that he possessed such inhuman eyesight that would make this child's play. As Tabitha moved into position, Victor took his own on roughly the other side of the stage. Victor nodded to Tabitha, trying to reassure her that everything would be fine. Throwing one knife at a time, the knives landed in between Tabitha's finger and the crowd cheered as he showed them that Tabitha was complete unharmed.

"Thank you, thank you. Now, it's time for the trick you've been waiting for. My brand new trick that all of you will bear witness too for the first time. My very own Dance of Blades."

Pacing on stage slowly, the Vampire looked throughout the crowd to try and take in everyone he could.

"There should be at least... 700 people sitting around me at this moment. Tell me if I'm wrong, but each of you should have a dart board underneath each of your seats right now, correct?"

The crowds searched their seats and eventually, everyone had found it.

"Very good. Now, to those of you who are observant enough, you may have been thinking: "What is that hanging above that man's head?". Well, now I can answer that question. Hanging above me is exactly the number of knives as there are people in this room. For this trick, I will require all of you to hold your dart boards above your heads and to remain very still."

Victor began stretching his arms above his head, looking around at everyone. With his gaze drifting to a strange individual with red hair, Victor's eyes narrowed.

"As you can see everyone, this is an extraordinarily dangerous trick which could result in my death if performed incorrectly. So, in order to protect myself, I will require all of your cooperation and silence during the act so that I may maintain my concentration."

Victor's serious face then transformed into a big smile, confidently looking up at everyone.

"Watch me push my limits and I will make sure that you will not be disappointed."

Looking over at Tabitha, unsure of whether or not she would be worried about him. Even as a Vampire, he would still most likely die if all of these knives were to puncture his body and make their way to his heart. Yet again, his heart will always be his number one weakness. Giving Tabitha a very sincere smile, it was almost like he was preparing himself to die before hand.

"Alright people! Let's dance!"

With a loud click of his fingers, the suspended knives were suddenly cut. They began to fall through the air. Victor looked out to see everyone holding up their individual dart board. With the knives nearing Victor's body, the vampire closed his eyes for what seemed like only a tenth of a second before the Vampiric glow in his eyes appeared centre stage. As if the world were moving in slow motion, Victor began taking the slowly falling blades and tossing them through the air, directly towards their targets. Moving around in a certain circular motion, it was almost like the Vampire was dancing with the blades themselves. To everyone else, Victor's hands were moving at such a speed that it was almost impossible to keep track of. He was actually doing the seemingly impossible task of taking and throwing every knife directly to the centre of each and every dart board without the knives hitting himself or the floor. Everything for Victor was going as planned, however an unexpected problem had arrived. A knife was inches from piercing into Victor's gut, a knife that should not have been there in the first place. Acting quickly, Victor flicked up his jacket and turned to the other knives around him. Continuing with the act, the knife had dug into Victor's back, his jacket falling over it to cover it up.

"(That trajectory and strength. This knife was thrown from the crowd... I need to finish this act quickly. I didn't drink my blood while I was talking to Tabitha in my trailer. I'll probably pass out as soon as I get off the stage...)"

Making sure to throw and land every single knife, Victor began to breathe heavily as he then smiled to the crowd.

"And there you have it everyone! The Dance of Blades!"

The audience roared with cheers, whistles and clapping. Giving a bow, Victor's pale complexion was looking even paler than usual.

"Thank you everyone! May you further enjoy the Dark Woods Circus!"

Victor slowly took his leave from the stage, running into Tabitha back stage.

"Hey, did you see? I was pretty cool up there... Oh shi~..."

Victor's vision suddenly blurred as he fell to the ground, the knife in his back sticking out.

The sobs echoed across the cave, making it sound as if the origin of such could be all over. At least they had them shadow kid with them, who without they would have most likely gotten lost in the cave for hours, if not forever. So the two decided to stick close to the kid, and hope that he would get attacked first if anything tried to pop up. "I can't see ****." Nate whispered. "Shh! Don't talk so much! We have to let Sam do his thing! We have to keep quiet to hear the sobs!" Kate insisted. "Look who's talking you're talking way more than I am!" Nate snapped. "That's because you started to talk first!" Kate answered' which turned into another bicker between the twins, who were rather loud even though they did so while whispering, in certain meaning of the word. Just as the argument was getting heated up, a loud screech echoed across the cave, causing the twins to stop to cover their ears. It lasted for a few seconds before it slowly dissolved into quietness. "What...was that?" Kate asked, almost in horror of what she had heard. Slowly once again the sobs began to happen, however, this time they sounded closer. "I think we might be getting there." Nate whispered, holding his blade ready. "Sam, tell us what you see, cause we can't see anything." Kate said as the three entered the large room of the cave. "Oh I can fix that." Nate said, suddenly getting what seemed to be a flair stick from his bag, and with a crack he lighted it up, giving at least a bit of light from the spark to be able to see. He would end up regretting it.  The stench of blood and decomposing bodies stank up the large place. Skeletons of children no older than their teens scattered around as other bodies were just in the process of decaying, rats and insects of all kinds ravaging through the remains for a while. Right in the middle remained a large, and feminine figure with long silky hair that covered her face, wearing a white dress that was stained with blood and dirt and all kinds of things, torn here and there. Her skin was pale, and in her long arms were a child, or at least, what remained of the child, as he was long dead, and yet the creature desperately tried to force feed it some mystery meat that could only be guessed as a dead rat. The woman slowly turned to the intruders, unable to see her eyes, only her mouth with teeth as sharp as glass. They had found their target.

CODEX ENTRY: La Llorona ("The Weeping Woman")

A legendary ghost of sorts prominent in the folklore of Hispanic America. Though many variations of the story exist, the most basic tells of a beautiful woman who drowned her children as an act of revenger against her husband who had cheated on her for a younger woman. Once she was done with the act she killed herself. However when questioned about her children in the gates of heaven, she was sent back down, told that she would not be permitted to enter the afterlife until she has found her children. Due to this she roams the earth weeping, which gave her the infamous nickname. This is the story told to the public.

Though the main creation of these beings is not fully known, they all have a strong desire to try to raise children of their own, to which however they fail due to obvious lack of conscious, and so they wonder in the night looking for children of their own accord. They are blind and rely on all other senses, especially hearing and touch to guide themselves through the night.

The legend was created and told to children to keep them from wondering at night...for obvious reasons.

The location of Raven's mission would not be hard to miss once the clouds moved away, revealing the moonlight. On top of a hill, a mansion lay with beautiful glass windows that glimmered in all kinds of colors as the light shone through them. At the very top of the mansion was a round tower, with a large, circular window that was as big as the room itself. That is where they would strike. It was a bullseye for their target, who lay in wait, and at the ready.

CODEX ENTRY: Agent USA-2563

A fine officer who rose through teh ranks of the secret governmental branch with ease. After becoming witness to the experiments it appears that his conscious has overcome his senses of duty, and has been preparing to expose the world of the truth of our cause. Luckily we have found out about it in time, and he will not live long enough to regret it. His family, who is out of the country, will remain unharmed...for now.

Happy turned to Jake, smiling as he took the item. "Thank you very much!" Happy said before playfully rubbing Jake's head. "For a human you have gotten used to working along with us so well! I'm glad you haven't lost your sanity yet!" Happy said casually. It wasn't unusual for human staff to lose their sanity. The end result usually was for them to be silenced and then served as food. Just normal stuff.

Tabitha watched from backstage. Though she was always told not to worry, whenever Victor or any of the circus members tried to push their limits it could have always ended up badly. Like the incident with Mister Explosives from way years back. Needless to say there was nothing left of him to even bury. Poor thing. As Victor returned on his finished show, Tabitha clapped her hands to congratulate him...before he just fainted right then and there, revealing he had been back stabbed...no seriously he had been back stabbed. There was a dagger sticking out of his back. Quite painful. "Victor!" Tabitha gasped, quickly kneeling down at the now unconscious vampire. "Happy! Anyone!" Tabitha called. Happy turned his head to see Victor and hissed. "Oh dear, Jake come along." Happy asked as he hurried to Victor's side. He didn't even stopped to think as he roughly pulled the dragged out from Victor's back to inspect it. He licked the blood off it before sniffing it around. "Hm, it isn't his...it appears we have a troublemaker in the crowed." Happy purred. He turned to Jack with a smile. "Do me a favor and take a look around the crowed, and tell me if you see or sense someone...out of place. Someone is trying to highjack my circus. We can't allow that to happen." Happy said rather simply. He turned to the other staff. "Get doctor Z to his tent. Sober or drunk. We'll meet him there with Victor." Happy said, as he made no effort as he picked Victor in his arms. "Come on Tabitha." Happy asked. He turned his head around.

"Flaire! Orali! It is your turn to perform! Do not keep the crowd waiting!"

As the moonlight shown over the town, there was one place that stood out like a sore thumb. 

"That's the place." Raven muttered, lifting herself back up to get on top of the mansion.

She slowly glided down, landing on top of the mansion softly. 

"We have to be quiet. Can your snakes smell him out?" Raven asked to Snake, her reaching for her knife. 

"Ok!" She started running towards Flaire's trailer, feeling her magic wrap around the Kitsune and herself, shooting them forward. The trailer wasn't too far away, and they reached it quickly with the wind's aide. "I left my costume in a tent two to the left of yours," the spirit told her purple haired friend as she released her hand. "Be back in a minute!" Flaire's offer to let her borrow an outfit had been very kind, but using the wrong clothes might change how she could move her body in the air, and even a slight change so quickly could make a big mess. Slipping through the door of the tent and closing it, Orali found the box she was looking for and quickly changed. Her costume was similar to her normal outfit, with a few more gems and decorations to spice it up.

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Flaire frantically slips into her purple dress, grabs her lighter, and runs out the door. 

The Purple Dress

Flaire then calls Orali and they book it to the Grand Tent just in time for them to begin their performances. When they both make it backstage, they see Victor on the floor blooding from his back. Flaire is overtaken by grief and guilt for not being here to see his performance and not being here to help him. "What happened?" She says inaudibly, not able to properly add weight to her words. When Happy commands Orali and Flaire to perform, Flaire shuddered and then nodded her head. She then turned to Orali. "Okay, Orali, You go perform first. I'll signal to you when I'm ready to perform with the spiral of fire on the floor. Remember to land in the center of it and use your wind magic to create a spiral around you, so we can skillfully switch out." Flaire instructs Orali. "I'll be helping Victor in the mean time. Now go."

When Jake saw Victor fall to the ground, he and Happy quickly made their ways over to his side. He saw a rather long knife that had penetrated his back, so he checked his brain activity. "He is still alive, just a little weak." Jake said as he placed his hand on Victor's head. Focus. Jake tapped into the parietal lobe of Victor's brain and temporarily shut off his pain recepters, being careful not to shut down anything else. "You two guards over there! Initiate protocol 002371! Get your clown costumes, defcon level 4, no level 3 covert weaponary, and guard the weakpoints of the surrounding gate with 10% of the guards, the major points of the gate with only 30%, and the exits of the tents with 3 guards at each escape route. Remember to not make this problem public. All of the other guards are to be on high alert and use only their stun lances if they see anything! I can still sense an irregular brain wave in the crowd." When Happy pulled the knife out of Victor's back in a not so gentle manner and sniffed the blade, Jake grit his teeth and said "He might not be able to feel it, but the amount of blood he just lost because you did that can still kill him". When Happy told him to go check the crowd, Jake deemed it a sound idea and nodded his head in agreement. "Makes sense." he said as he then turned to the remaining guards in the room. He then points at the one closest to cages. "I'm going to need you to come with me. Get a clown costume and we'll make our way out into the crowd." The guard does as he says and puts the costume on. Jake also puts a clown costume on. The two clowns then head out into the crowd and begin to comb through the stands while Jake uses his psionic abilities to track the unusual brain signatures. 

~Z~

Mr. Z seemed to happily clap his hands at the chaos and madness of the opening act. His twisted senses could tell that there was harm, and the demon seemed to vibrate in sheer joy about it. It was an odd habit, especially while watching his fellow coworkers. But this was probably because he was sobering up.

"Ooh hoo hoo hoo!! What an act! Look at that! Look! At! That!", he yelled, a bit too happy. Was this what the redhead meant?

He caught himself in his joy and slowed it down, afraid that the humans would look at him weird and avoid him, and he didn't want that. Sure, he could allure these dorks if he wanted, but didn't want to be punished by the Ringmaster or anybody else again. That was no fun. So, he just sat and waited for the next act to begin, waving his fists in anticipation.

"Ooh, this is going to be one hell of a show!~", he thought.

Slowly waking, Victor's eyes were narrow and glowing a shade of crimson. With his body becoming pale and almost blue from the loss of blood, the Vampire sat up slowly as his hands tightened. Something seemed different about Victor at this moment, almost as if he weren't really awake and was still dreaming.

"Happy... I am gonna kill him... I will burn him alive... I will not stop until I crush his head between my fingers and drain his body dry of blood... He will pay for what he has done to me... That man is nothing but a disease that I will eradicate from this world!"

Without being fully aware of himself, Victor was revealing the deep blood lust that rested within him. Rolling out of Happy's arms and dropping to the ground with a thud, the teen pulled on his shirt, taking off his tie and undoing the first couple of buttons to show off his neck more. His finger nails had began to appear sharper and his fangs were outstretched far more than usual. With the wound in his back slowly closing up, His veins popping slowly and his hair standing on end, Victor immediately took off at a speed that was impossible for an ordinary human to track. Being able to throw hundreds of knives without them touching the floor was just proof of how he can use his speed while standing still. Now that he was running, Victor dashed through the entirety of the audience without any of them noticing, making sure to grab hold of the culprit who threw the knife based on the direction it came from. Soon enough arriving outside of the Circus with the red haired teen, Nine, in his grasp, the audience was left to wonder where he had disappeared to and simply acknowledged it as a disappearing act performed by the Circus itself.

"Oh no~... It looks like you found me!"

Victor was in no mood for games, pulling his fist back and throwing a punch directly at the boy in his clutches like a wild beast. However, Nine was truly slippery, ducking beneath Victor, grabbing his arm and throwing him over his shoulder. With Victor acting like a feral creature, he recovered while on all fours, gritting his teeth in an unquenchable rage.

"For a man that's supposedly an artist who wants to make the world peaceful, you sure do have a lot of anger in you, don't you?"

Nine smirked as he shuffled a deck of cards in his hands. Victor dashed at Nine once again, his "tantrum" having no sign of dying down just yet. Nine jumped back a few times, kiting away from Victor despite the Vampire's super speed.

"This is fun! I haven't had a challenge like this in years! So, tell me which card you like the most."

Before anything else could happen, Victor pierced through Nine's chest with his arm. Or at least, it looked like he did. Even the feral Victor could tell whether or not he could feel any resistance against his hand and at that moment, there was no resistance.

"... Do not... HIDE FROM ME!!"

Victor screamed out, he was completely losing control of his rage. It was only a matter of time before someone would come to inspect and Victor would most likely make a meal out of them. Nine, the real one, was hiding nearby, commanding a hologram to toy with Victor and increase his anger.

"I was surprised that you managed to find me out of the crowd when you were in the middle of your performance, but if you couldn't even tell when I switched with my double, then this will be easier than what I was hoping for. It looks like you really aren't strong enough after all."

Victor paused for a moment, simply standing in the same spot for a few seconds. Nine narrowed his eyes to try and figure out what he was doing. With a few twitches of his ears and nose. Nine realised he was in trouble. Victor's gaze fell directly on the tent that Nine was hiding behind and within a second, the two were face to face.

"Any chance you would like to... maybe... let me go?"

Grabbing at Nine's throat, Victor lifted him off the ground before slamming him against the ground with the force to break even greatest of warriors. Nine coughed up some blood, but his insistent smirk persisted.

"Man, there goes my rib cage. That was impressive, I think I only have three ribs left and the others have probably punctured all of my internal organs... Not like that will kill me anyway. It's because you're weak... that I can't die..."

Victor's eyes pulsed red, he'd truly passed the point where he could be calmed down with just words. Kneeling down, Victor opened his mouth wide and bit into Nine's neck. But, as soon as he tasted the blood, he spat it out immediately and tossed Nine away from him. Victor had a minor moment of clarity, but it didn't last long.

"Disgusting!"

"Thank you very much."

While Victor was busy trying to clean his tongue of the vile and horrible blood that had poisoned him, Nine managed to get up and kick Victor in his gut. Despite appearing as a normal human and not looking particularly fast, the red head was still capable of landing decisive blows against Victor.

"I wonder... how much longer will you be able to keep this up..."

Nine smirked to himself, looking down at Victor with a condescending glare.

"... you Demon."

The agent, trained among the best of his kind, trained to be able to counterattack the monsters and creatures that he had been studying and watching over for years, was to be no easy target. He didn't even had to think about it twice. He knew for a fact that he had been found out. But he also knew that he had to fight back, no only for his life, but for the sake of being able to release this information. The interview with the press was tomorrow. He had to live until then. He gripped his sniper rifle, resting it against the desk as he moved away papers to make room for it. He adjusted it, looking through it and through the stained glass, the enhanced zoom only the best that the military had to offer to its soldiers. It didn't take long to locate the two assassins that were after him, Snake and Raven. The moonlight provided all the light he needed. "I won't let you get in my way, monsters." The agent whispered, aiming at Raven, and licking his gun. The bullet went flying, so quick that it merely made a hole on the stained glass window, flying across the air and aiming straight at Raven.

Tabitha didn't even have the chance, reaching out for Victor before he went off. Happy didn't even bother to chase him, staring at the situation and contemplating what could possibly be their next move. They had a circus to keep calm, and secrets to keep from leaking out. Plus they were understaffed in the supernatural aspect as five of them were still on missions. Luckily, Orali and Flaire were around to help along with the human staff. "This is going to be a complete pain in the butt." Happy sighed. He looked over at Tabitha. "Go ahead after him." Happy ordered, and Tabitha ran off to look for Victor. Happy looked over at Flaire. "If you wish to help, go after Tabitha and help her with Victor and the culprit while we get there. Don't be late for your performance, however." Happy turned to Jake. "Jake, it appears that Victor has beaten your men to the culprit. They're just outside on the north, in the living tents area. Gather your men and follow me there. Whoever is responsible for this trouble is obviously of supernatural origin. Make sure that they gear up well." Happy explained. He trusted Jake. Not only was he an agent from the government itself, he had proved to be an excellent member to the circus. He was smart, quick, agile, efficient, even for a human. If something were to happen to this one Happy would actually be kind of sad. "Also have some to remain to keep watch over the audience. I will not have a civilian casualty under my watch." Happy asked, before smiling rather chillingly. "I'll see you by the tents, Jake." Happy said, and with that, he hurried over to find the only doctor that the circus had.

Happy walked over to Mister Z, who seemed at the very least a bit sobered up since the last time he saw him. "Z." Happy said, bringing his attention over to him. "There is a situation that requires your assistance. As you might have already guessed someone has tried to kill Victor. Well in reaction it appears Victor has gone off in a wild rage to try and kill the culprit back. Regardless he is still injured. Not only that, I have asked Jake to have his men surround the two to keep them from causing any further chaos, so I suspect that there might be some extra injuries. I need you to meet me with the rest in the living tents area by the bulletin board. That's where they are. If someone gets hurt, I need a doctor around to keep the death numbers from rising." Happy explained, patting Mr.Z on the back gently before walking off. "Be careful where you step too." With that, Happy walked to greet with Victor and the redheaded culprit. Hopefully Mr.Z and Jake and his men would be also ready to confront whatever possible trouble could happen as a result. They were dealing with two supernatural creatures, one of them a vampire...this could turn ugly.

While the cavalierly was on their way to settle the situation, Tabitha hurried to follow after Victor and the culprit. It had only been a few minutes and they were already creating a mess. Victor's blood splattered here and there, one of the tents was taken down, and the two of them were still fighting. Victor on the floor, and the stranger over him. If he could kick down Victor, then she knew that this was of supernatural origin, and that Happy would be absolutely livid if this did anything to ruin the performance. "Victor!" Tabitha yelled, running over to him, getting between him and the red headed man, glaring at him. "What do you think you are doing?!" Tabitha hissed. She wasn't as strong enough to even go against this man, but damn it all if she was going to let Victor get kicked around like that. "If you know what is good for you, you will run away before the Ringmaster gets here." Tabitha warned, though for all she knew they could have been empty threats, as Happy's mood of justice varied so much. Ignoring the red haired man, and unaware of Victor's uncontrollable feral state of vamparism, she knelt down to him, helping him sit up. "Victor, are you alright? Hang on, Mr.Z will be here soon with Happy and Jake's men." Tabitha assured.

~Z~

Mr. Z perked up in excitement as the ringmaster approached him. Happy's instruction was clear as crystal. Though, it did mildly disappoint the demon, for he would have to miss the rest of the show. No need to back off on Happy's instruction after that lovely pat on the back, though. The semi-sober demon did as he was told and went on his way to help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Z successfully arrived at the grisly scene of violence, not really surprised by it at all. In fact, he kinda liked it.

"Heh heh heh... Look at this!! A party!...", the demon chuckled. "Victor, Victor... What a sight to behold!", he called out, pretending that Nine was someone he never met. "Please, little bat... This behavior is a biiig no-no... You cannot just attack a helpless, innocent individual...", he lied before giving Nine a subtle wink. He knelt down next to Tabitha.

"Hi, Tabby Cat~...", he greeted, giving her a little nickname. "Need help with your capricious sweetheart?... ", he gently teased. "Oh! Also, Happyyyy?~~", he asked the ringmaster. "When are Jake and his group gonna come in their getups? I wanna poke their big red noses to see if they make that funny sound this time!~...", he asked, getting off-track from the high of the circus from before as well as the minimal alcohol influence. For as much how he didn't really like the way clowns acted, he always liked their outfits. It wasn't often he took things too seriously, anyway.

He had found them. 

"Bloody f**k..." Raven cured as the sniper's bullet pierced her top left wing. She still had five more, it was okay. 

Raven quickly grabbed Snake again, wrapping her lower wings around him.

"Excuse me for this, Snake." she said quickly, charging towards the window the bullet had came from, breaking through the glass.

In broken glass, she had stood on the ground, her heels cracking the glass under her feet. 

"Now sir...you almost got my friend here killed. You also damaged my pretty wing..." she bitterly spat. 

"That wasn't really sweet...you naive assassin." she hissed, setting Snake down and spreading her wings out threateningly.

"Some birds make themselves bigger in front of an opponent, and I have been assigned to make you mine." Raven explained, quickly darting to the assassin, using her very back left wing to quickly maneuver the sniper rifle around, turning it on the assassin and holding him by the neck.

"Snake, you know what to do."

When Victor up and disappeared, Flaire could barely process what just happened. "W-Where did he-" She managed to uttered before Happy turned his attention to her, telling her to follow Tabitha to go locate Victor. "Sure, we'll go and find him." Flaire said and ran after Tabitha. When Flaire and Tabitha caught up with VIctor, she saw that Victor was locked in combat with a red-headed individual. By the way this individual was tossing Victor around, Flaire could tell that neither she nor Tabitha would be able to stop the fight effectively, but Tabitha ran ahead of her and intervened anyways with surprising success. Flaire immediately called forth her purple flames to at least be ready for any attacks that the culprit might direct at Tabitha or herself. "Tabitha, be on your guard! We can suspect that this man is quite dangerous!" She warned. Flaire then tossed a warning fireball at the culprit to provide Tabitha with a little leverage and breathing room. "I'll be sure to turn up the heat with my next shoot." she threatened.

Jake felt a shudder in his brain stem as he felt the almost immediate relocation of two irregular brain signatures and an increase in irregular brain wave activity. He then quickly looked around and frowned. "That bastard isn't in the stands anymore and I think that VIctor is to blame for this." Jake says to the clown guard that he brought with him who is now giving a gumbo lollipop to a little kid in the stands.

"Now remember to have a sugary, fun filled, and wild day! Don't let your ice cream falling out of your hand ruin in" the clown guard says in a wacky and goofy voice which makes the child laugh as she runs off.

Jake smiles a little at how personable his soldiers are. He takes pride in knowing and seeing that his handpicked soldiers are not a carbon copy of each other, but rather individuals in personality and moral values. Bad personality or good personality, they are all his children. 

"I hear you, Sir. I think weneed to report this to Happy." The clown guard suggests.

Jake sighs. "I get the feeling that he already knows." Jake says in an annoyed manner. "Get back to your post and you can take off that clown costume, unless you want to keep it on and give more candy out to little children." Jake says with a snicker, teasing the guard a little. 

The guard smiles. "I'll just get back to my post, Sir. We need to be on alert. I'll put the costume back on after the situation is averted." 

"Alright, thanks, Remevo." Jake said as he headed backstage and was informed by Happy of Victor's and the culprit's whereabouts and situation. "Alright, I have a plan." Jake says as he pulls his radio out and brings it close to his mouth. "Attention! Attention! This is not a drill. We are entering defcon 2, all units are to activate their mental handshake system to 15% efficiency and switch from covert weaponary to heavy weaponary when in the Living Area Sector. Also, all units are to increase the voltage of their stun lances past the safety limit. I will need 12 units who are not guarding any particular point right now to gear up: 6 units using the grenadier loadout, 2 units using the trapper loadout, and 4 units using the support loadout. Meet me and Happy in the northern section of the Living Area Sector. YOU ALL HAVE 3 MINUTES!" Jake announced. He then put the radio back in his pocket. "Aright, Happy. I'll meet you over there." Jake says before he jumps away with his modded legs. When Jake finally makes it over to the target zone he sees that Happy, Mr. Z, Flaire, Tabitha, and his units are ready. Jake walks up close to the red-headed figure and anayze the situation. "I'm sensing the unique brain waves of a demon that is not Mr.Z. Support units at the ready! Set up a four cornered prison with your plate shields and energy fields" Jake commands. 

The Mental Handshake System

The Mental Handshake System is software that Jake created that connects the minds of his soldiers to increase combat efficiency by 30% when set on its default efficiency level of 4%. Increasing the efficiency level also increases the combat effciency. This system does something become exhausting for Jake to maintain because It requires placing pressure on a mind that has "more to give".

Nine looked around, spinning as everyone was gathering around him and ready to fight.

"Well~ Aren't we all just one big, happy family. Willing to step into another person's fight just to protect another."

Nine was mostly cocky, laughing at everyone as he drew all of their attention. However, the smile soon faded from the red head's lips as he watched Tabitha stand in front of Victor.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM NOW?!!"

Nine started running towards them, but there was no time for him to do anything. From behind Tabitha, Victor's grabbed the pinkette tightly, sinking his teeth straight into her throat. The Vampire drank Tabitha's blood thoroughly, weakening her to the point she was barely conscious. Coming to her rescue, Nine jumped and kicked at Victor's face with both of his legs, separating the two. Nine continued his assault on Victor, but things weren't going to go the same as last time. With fresh human blood coursing through his body, Victor's speed and strength sky rocketed to a level that Nine was completely useless against. Disappearing from view, Victor began pounding on Nine with devastating punches. Appearing behind Nine, Victor raised both of his arms, locking them together before smashing him straight into the ground. Nine tumbled to the ground, bouncing a few times due to the sheer force of that last attack. Victor took a few steps back before doing a quick run-up, kicking Nine heavily in the ribs. Nine was coughing heavily on the ground, his body looking completely and utterly broken. But despite all of this damage, all of these wounds that should have killed him, Nine began laughing.

"You think I'll die... From this?! Don't... Make me laugh!!"

With a great deal of effort, the boy courageously got back to his feet, looking like he could literally drop dead at any given moment. The laughter continued and Victor's rage continued to ensnare him.

"You want me... to fight you seriously..."

Nine raised his hand slowly, Victor stared at him in confusion as the red head pointed his finger like a gun.

"... Bang!"

There was no sound and there was nothing to look at, but somehow, Victor held his chest like he'd just been shot by a gun. His eyes wide as his rage slowly faded.

"What just... Happened?"

Victor's sanity had returned, but only in time for him to collapse onto the ground, defeated. With his victory, Nine looked around at everyone else that was stood around them. Very slowly, he raised both of his arms above his head, a smile stained by blood appeared on his face.

"I surrender. Take me as your prisoner and I'll agree to tell you why I'm here... For the most part anyway."

(I'm making this two parts so that Ninjaj20 can get Flaire back in time.)Orali nodded at Flaire's reminder. "You got it." And then Victor was gone. And then there was some muffled shouting. And then everyone started doing important stuff. And then the spirit decided that she probably ought to get going before that got any louder and people started asking questions. She bounced out to the center of the tent, head very slightly lowered to indicate nervousness. From the discrete glances she did get at the audience, though, they were still excited from the last act, but a few weren't smiling. That would have to change. She looked up and gave adorable shy smile number five, turning around with a small wave. A few more smiles. Good. So many people... Orali stilled and shut her eyes, and then the music started. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qvglWAHDakThe spirit straightened as the first notes rang out. Bending forward again, she traced one foot around herself in a circle before rolling forwards slowly into a somersault which led into a cartwheel and then a front walkover. The girl went up on one foot and brought the other up behind her as she leaned back, arms coming up to catch her as she summersaulted backwards, drawing her feet under herself and pausing again. As the music slowly built, Orali moved on to her double front handspring, throwing in a flip for the fun of it and then using the momentum from her landing to throw herself up into the air again, flipping three times before throwing out her arm to catch on to a supporting beam of the tent. Spinning around it, she latched on with both arms and quickly began to scale the rod like a squirrel, then running up the side and jumping into a flip, arcing down only to reach out and launch upward with a rope. Orali quickly approached the top, pausing a second to breath and look at the audience. Sure enough, she still had all the eyes. That ought to keep Happy happy.

(I was given to permission to post as Snake)

Snake threw Goethe into the air, the snake being propelled to the assassin, imminently biting the assassin, allowing Snake to have room to get free.

"Everyone, attack!....says Wilde." Snake commanded, Oscar and Wordsworth coming out of their hiding place and heading towards the assassin. 

Raven pulled her knife, her eyes cold.

"Now, do you have any pretty words for us?" she asked, her knife to the man's eyes. 

"You better say something...you wouldn't want all of his snake's hanging off you now....would you?" 

Orali's performance captured the audience like moths to a flame. They couldn't take their eyes off her, and none of them even noticed the staff running back and forth to help out with the situation back at the area of the tents. Tabitha couldn't even react properly. Being drained of most of her blood in a matter of seconds, her conscious slipped away like sand through fingers. She simply fainted onto the floor, gasping for breath as she collapsed. Jake's men surrounded the three, two of them which were now unconscious. Happy couldn't help but to feel annoyed. If thi person was of supernatural origin, what was he doing messing around with his Circus. Though the Circus was as macabre as something organized can be, it was almost like a ship, and Happy was its captain. If anyone tried to rip the ship apart, they would have to go through Happy first. "Jake, get this man to the Red Carriage. Do not let  him out of your sight until I get there to interrogate him." Happy ordered to Jake and his men. He gently walked over to Flaire and got a hand on Flaire's shoulder. "Flaire. I thank you for wishing to help, but right now you should quickly head back to Orali in time for your part of the performance. We wouldn't want to keep the audience waiting in suspense, now do we?" Happy asked to Flaire, trying to sound cheerful. "Now go ahead and do your thing. One of the guys should be heading back to do their performance and relieve you guys after your performance." Happy assured. He looked over at Mr. Z. "Your priority right now is miss Tabitha, Mr.Z. After you are done with her you may proceed to do...whatever you wish to do. As for Victor." Happy looked down. "Someone just drag him to his tent or something. After drinking that much blood he won't be needing much assistance. He should wake up soon on his own." Happy said as he clapped his hands. "Now you all heard what needs to be done, lets us get down to it. Jake, I will accompanied you to escort this...man to the Red Carriage. If anything goes wrong...he has to deal with me." Happy hissed, now keeping a close eye on the red haired man. The Red Carriage was infamous for it being of a bright color red that could be seen from miles away...as well as being a bloody place where prisoners or guests were kept until they were either transformed or gotten rid of.

The target tried to shoot at them again, but soon they crashed through the window and into his library. The target backed away and screamed in pain as a snake bit him right on the arm. He pulled on it with all of his might and threw it against the nearest wall, backing off closer to the fireplace as the rest of the snakes began to surround him. He replaced his sniper rifle with a single hand gun that was kept in his pocket, shooting at the snakes before looking up at his assassins in horror and anger. "You are making a grave mistake! Do you think that this is really the right way to do this? To silence me and keep all of this secret?! If you allow me to live I will be able to show the entire world the truth about the Circus! Surely you know them as well, right?! How they have kidnapped children and forced them to work for them all because they were unlucky. How they have all done inhuman experiments to both humans and creatures of all kind! Do you really want to quiet me down from bringing you all justice?!" The man asked, pointing the gun at the two with a shaky figure.

"Our leader....he is a great man and has not done much harm to us. We are a happy group, and entertain all." Raven yanked the pistol out of the assassins hand.

"You'll put on a show for us as soon as that snake venom gets into your system...and you know you're not going to kill my friends snakes...they are a little too fast for a slow body like yours." Raven gave a dirty smirk as she finished saying that, the effects of Goethe's venom already starting to paralyze the man's body.

"I'll show you what it feels like to have six wings in your back."

(WARNING!!! GORE!!!)

Raven flipped the man out of his chair and onto his back as soon as she knew he couldn't move because if the snake bite. His hand land in the burning fire, now in front of him as he was on the ground.

She held her knife down and began repeatedly stabbing the man, feeling the knife run deep into the muscles and bone of his back.

Raven always had a sense of bloodlust...like a vulture waiting for her prey.

The man's hand was practically burnt completely now, him screaming bitterly as every place Raven had a wing in her back was stabbed, making sure to hit him good and hard.

She tossed the knife to the side and hit the back of the man's head, tossing it into the fire as soon as he shut up.

Raven laughed a little silently to herself, sighing.

"I've made a mess...haven't I?" She asked herself, beginning to pick up her feathers off of the ground, her shot wing falling limp.

The snakes slithered rather quickly on the floor, a few of them rushing to pin down their target while the others returned to Snake. The scene that played out before him made his eyes widen in shock, however. He had never seen such a side from her before despite being knowing her for a long time. As Raven rose from the gruesome scene, bleeding from her own wound, he couldn't help but reach out to her. "A-Are you okay, Raven...?" He barely got the words out, a mix of fear and concern in his soft voice. His legs felt stiff, threatening to glue him to where he stood, yet he managed to push himself forward until he was in front of her. "You're hurt, we should try to head back to the doctor soon... I'm sorry for not being of assistance to you sooner." He gazed into her eyes for a while before averting his own, unsure of what to say next. Sensing the tension, Wordsworth offered some words as his slender, emerald body intertwined around Snake's neck. "Let's burn the body in the fire and then take back the files... says Wordsworth." Snake muttered, letting his friend do the talking, "How are we going to head back though?"