Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lady Aleister

Roleplay Kuroshitsuji: Book of Roses

Aya had finished her breakfast, heading over to the front of the house as soon as she was done.

Veran was greeting Samael and Alexander, Samael asking whoms carriage they would be taking.

"We'll use mine." She said with a soft smile, then looking at Veran.

"Is our stuff packed?" She asked Veran.

Alexander and Samael hurried over to Aya's carriage. "It will be a large territory we would have to cover. However I do suggest we start at the closest part of the territory! Gibli Town..." Samael suggested.

-MISSION 1: BLOOD FOREST-

It took a few hours for the group to reach the small village of Gibli. It was a rural and very casual place where its people would depend on their hard work and sow crops to make a living, along with other simple and effective ways of working. It would be considered the perfect place to settle down and raise a family, due to how far it was from any large city, and therefor any constant crime. However it seemed that this one, along with many surrounding the Blood Forest, had started to have their own share of misfortunes. The carriage somewhat stood out, as compared to the simplicity of the rest of the place it looked rather sophisticated. If they weren't careful they could easily step into a foot deep of mud. The carriage stopped infront what seemed to be the court house of the town, where they could expect to find someone in charge who could give them more details on what was going on. "Isn't this place pretty, Aya?" Samael asked casually, looking out the window to see a couple of igs and piglets walk past the carriage.

"Beautiful." Aya stated rather sarcastically.

She then looked to the others in the carriage.

"There however is a problem...our clothes. We are nobles, not lowly peasants. We are sadly going to have to make ourselves look somewhat like lowly peasants. Thankfully Veran brought me some clothes inspired by lowly peasants." She said in a rather confusing manner.

"If you would excuse me..." she said, and with that, in what seemed like a flash, with Veran's inhuman speed and his help, Aya had changed into a longer dress, down to her ankles, that was rather bleak in color, her hair now drawn back into a ponytail and her bow now gone. The dress was a faded navy color, not much lace at all, she looked really dumb in her opinion.

Aya wore brown lace up boots underneath with her stockings still on underneath her dress.

"This is hideous." She sighed, brushing her bangs over her left eye patch.

"Veran, don't look too professional. Samuel, you will be my....'fiancee'. Only for now. Samael's butler, you can be whatever." She commented.

Samael's eyes sparkled with a gleam. Fiance? Well he wouldn't mind at all! He was quick to remove his jacket, leaving it in the carriage so now he was only wearing a white dress shirt, pants with overalls and shoes. He stepped out with Aya, looking over at Alexander. "You stay with the carriage, Alex." Samael asked, turning over to Aya and smiling. "I think I have an idea of getting information out of this place without looking too suspicious." Samael suggested. "Shall we, my love?" Samael asked, almost in a teasing matter. They walked into the building, which was rather small, but just big enough for the size of the town that they had. The sound of them walking inside seemed to bring the attention of an older gentleman, with gray hair, and hardened skin, wearing a somewhat formal suit, yet nothing to fancy or special. "Hm? Who are you? I've never seen you folks around here." The man murmured. Samael clasped her hands together, quickly putting on an act. "Hello. We're here for business actually, if you may. You see, my fiancee and I are to be married in a few months, and we're looking ahead for a place to settle down once we tie the knot." Samael said happily. The man's expression softened to a smile. "Oh congratulations! I'm Albert Victor. The mayor of this town." The man said, shaking Samael's hand. "I can assure you this place would be a wonderful place to settle down. Crime rarely happens and there is more than enough land for you to have a farm of your own or any other kind of business that you wish to have. Though...I really don't think that you should settle down here. Things...have been happening lately that might not be the type you are looking for." Albert explained warily.

Veran himself wore a dark brown trench coat with a black button-up shirt without a tie, letting his hair become slightly messy. Standing behind Aya as the mayor began to talk about the cases, he couldn't help but feel irked at how enthusiastic Samael was to be her fiancee. Aya belonged to no one else but him."Really? What kind of strange things do you mean?" Veran inquired with curious eyes, holding back his annoyance. 

Albert pursed his lips. "Things have been...haunting around in the night." Albert began. "A few months ago, by sundown, sounds began to be heard coming from the forest. A few people would go into the forest to see if it was an animal or maybe some children causing some trouble. Some came back without any news, others came claiming they had spotted an animal that they had never seen before. Others have...well, disappeared. They haven't come back at all." Albert explained. He glanced out the window, seeing the edges of the forest in the distance. "I know for a fact that the forest is rather large, and that such events have also been affecting other villages and towns that surround the forest, ours included. But never in years has there been any problems until just a few months ago. I suspect that it may be an animal that might have escaped the zoo or such, but the hunters that have gone in and return don't dare to go back. I mean, I guess you could definitely settle down...just...stay away from the forest, and remain inside at night. That's when...whatever it is, attacks."

"We'll keep it in mind, thank you for the warning." Veran replied with a smile, already thinking about how they would apprehend whatever was in the forest. No simple beast would be able to stand up to a demon unless it was something more sinister. 

Aya smiled to Albert.

"We will be sure not to go into the forest Mr. Victor, but I'm sure whatever is there, my butler will protect us." Aya said simply.

"Do you have any hotels around? How much would they be?" she then asked, turning her eyes from Albert to Veran.

"Veran, Nehmen Schlitten rund zurück. Lassen Sie pferde in stabilen. Bringen Alexander und buchen Sie ein Zimmer im Hotel. Jetzt, Es ist ein Auftrag." Aya muttered to her butler in very poor German.

(Rough Translation: "Veran, take carriage around back. Let horses in a stable. Bring Alexander and book a room in a hotel. Now, it's an order.")

Edited by Madam Ciel Nekohive

"Yes, my lady." Veran muttered in reply, slipping out of the building and taking a seat on the carriage. Picking up the reins, he gave the horses some slack and began to lead them towards a stable behind the building, taking in his surroundings. Reaching the stalls, he tied the horses to them and removed their tack before returning to where Alexander waited.

"Now, I believe we should book a place for our masters to stay in." He informed the fellow servant, leading him to a nearby hotel. Pushing the door open, Veran smiled at the clerk. "We'd like to book a room, please." 
Edited by Yukiteru Amano

In the local Inn, a gentle old lady came to attend Veran. If she were any older she could easily be confused with a walking corpse. "Guests? Oh how lovely! Aren't you a handsome young man?" The old lady said happily as she went ahead and got Veran a key, handing it to him. "Here you go dear. It opens the room upstairs at the end of the hall." The old woman purred.

Samael shook the mayor's hand before he walked away to do whatever business he was meaning to do for the day. Samael glanced at Aya. "Seems all of the excitement happens at night. We will have to keep an eye open for when we get any visitors." Samael cooed.

"That means I have to stay up later too..." Aya added, sighing.

Today was going to be a long, long day.

"I just hope whatever it is, Veran can kill it." She said to herself, her and Samael beginning to walk to the hotel.

They arrived just as Veran got a room, realizing they all had to share one room, she cringed.

She then pulled Veran over for a second.

"I'm not letting Samael sleep with me, and he will not wake me up. Also, my privacy will be taken seriously around him and his butler." Aya said seriously, but in a rather low tone.

As Veran took the key, he thanked the old woman before finding himself pulled aside by Aya. "Oh, don't worry, I intend to make sure he doesn't have his way." Veran answered with a serious expression. Leading them to their room on the second floor, he slid the key into the lock before opening the door slowly. 

The room was simple yet charming. It contained a double bed, a night stand with a lantern, a dresser, a low table with some chairs, and simple decorations here and there. The window by the bed gave a wonderful view of the forest. "This makes me feel a bit like home." Alexander admitted, remembering his humble roots before he was taken to serve the Pandora household. "It's so small." Samael murmured under his breath. Then again, he was used to the large rooms and luxury of being an only heir. He walked over to the window, looking out before opening it. "Whatever is bothering the people of these towns comes straight from the forest at night. How are we suppose to catch something when it's dark?" Samael whined. It would be quite the effort to even track whatever it is down. However to pinpoint how scary it was would be difficult, considering humans got scared easily. Samael walked back to Alexander, who handed him a small suitcase. Samael sat by the low table, opening the suitcase to reveal his crossbow. Gilded with gold leaf and ivory, it was an eccentric design that rivaled the most advanced weaponry of the era compared to rifles.

"This room is way too small." Aya commented, plopping herself on the bed. 

She looked at Samael as he relieved his crossbow. 

"Don't let anyone in this hotel see that, they will instantly know that we are no good." She warned her friend, then rolling over on the bed to look at Veran.

"I just want to get this mission over with. Tonight, just before the sun sets, we will set out into the forest. We need to be very decreet about entering and will be there until anything interesting happens." The Vicountess announced, not keeping her eyes off her butler.

(Whoever post next, you are allowed to do a timeskip.) 

The group had been in their room for a few hours. The sun had gone down and the activity in the small town subsided for the night. All over the town people closed their windows and locked their doors, hushing their children away to sleep. Samael had fallen asleep on the low table, his crossbow laying next to him. Alexander watched from his sot out the window, yawning here and there as any human would at this hour. Only the moonlight shone upon the small town, giving a faint light within the darkness of the night. It was peaceful...for a while. Suddenly, a loud, powerful howl pierced the tranquility of the night, followed by multiple other howls of equal potency. Even Samael awoke startled, looking up with wide eyes. "Did you guys hear that or was that just me?" Samael asked. "Over there!" Alexander gasped, pointing outside the window. From within the forest you could hear the beastly fighting, and could see the trees shaking violently. From the shadows of the forest crept out a large, furry creature, walking on fours as from the other side even more creatures, yet different looking also stepped out. Their glances only lasted mere seconds before the two attacked at each other, growling and destroying everything in their path. "Is that..." Alexander muttered. Samael watched in shock. "Werewolves and Bakanekos."

Aya yawned to herself, walking slowly over to the window, wide-eyed at the storage appearance.

"Veran, you can kill those right?" Aya asked concerned, noticing the Bakeneko's were in greater numbers than the lone werewolf.

"Why is there only one werewolf?" She asked silently.

"Should we go...quietly?" She proposed.

With his tall, tireless figure casting a silhouette across the room, Veran's eyes turned demonic for a brief moment as he stared through the window. The luminescence radiated off the fur of the creatures, the single werewolf attempting to fend for himself against the swarm of Bakanekos with disregard to their surroundings. Gripping the dusty windowsill with his gloved hand, the scene was simply child's play for him, rabid beasts clawing in attempt for survival. "You only need to give the order." He replied darkly, ready to eliminate the threat at any moment. "If you'd like, we could simply walk around them, finding the source of the creatures." 

Aya received a sudden scare from Veran's sudden change of attitude, looking at him a bit concerned. 

"Leave the werewolf be, and scare off the bakenekos." Aya ordered softly.

"But not yet. Let us head down there." she suggested.

Aya, Veran, Alexander, and Samael all quietly made their way outside, one of the bakeneko's catching the change in presence. 

"Veran, go now." she ordered. 

Just as the werewolf growled, getting ready for his next attack, there was a swift change in the air. Suddenly all of the Bakanekos felt a sharp pain against their skins, a terrifying scent that no mere mortal would be able to sense spreading across the area. "A demon!!!" One of the Bakanekos hissed, their hair standing up on their back as it began to growl and howl to the others. "What should we do?!" "Leave the werewolf! We have to warn Father!" The Bakanekos took one last glance at the werewolf before retreating, running deep into the forest before being lost to the shadows. In their eyes, this territory had most likely been claimed by a demon. They had to know what to do in such a situation, and Father always had the answers. The werewolf panted, licking its wounds as blood tainted his golden fur. His sharp green eyes narrowed at the sight of the demon, quickly getting in the defensive once more. "Amazing!" Samael gasped, hurrying to the scene with Aya and Alexander. "I thought most of them had been reclusive to the forests of Europe!" Samael cooed, looking over at the werewolf without much conscious of what it could possibly do. Alexander stepped infront of his master. "We mean no harm. The demon that just attacked your enemies is an ally. Please allow us to speak?" Alexander asked. "We're here in the name of the Queen." Samael added. The werewolf tilted his head ever so slightly. "The...queen." Is huffed, his voice raspy and low. He stepped closer, and suddenly, an explosion of smoke surrounded him. As the smoke faded away it revealed a naked, yet very handsome young man with golden hair and green eyes, wounds on his body and a collar on his neck. "Thank goodness. I thought the demon was here to kill both clans off." He said with a cough.

Aya imminently turned her attention to the werewolf boy, eyeing him up to down, a beet-red blush on her face.

"E-Excuse me, but you are rather indecent right now...especially in front of a lady as young as myself." Aya said rather quietly to the boy.

She then cleared her throat, walking over proudly to the young man.

"However I do not mind!!" she exclaimed, looking in the werewolf boy's eyes.

The werewolf looked down at Aya. How young and tiny she was, almost like a doll. However her matters towards him seemed to brighten his day, especially since she acted as such even while knowing what he was. "Sorry about that! Even if I wear clothes they will get destroyed again once I transform." The werewolf explained. He knelt down to Aya on on knee, taking her hand gently and leaving a soft kiss on it. "My name is Wulfric Harrowmount. You must be the Queen's Watchdog. An honor to meet you all. Though if you're here...then it means that we might be in some trouble." Wulfric huffed. "What is going on, exactly?" Samael asked from behind Alexander. "It's...a long story. For centuries this forest has been inhabited by two clans, the Werewolves and the Werecats. As time passed on we have began to live among humans while hiding our identities, the forest remaining neutral ground. However, recently an incident happened. The daughter of the werecat chief has gone missing. No one knows where she is, and to even get near her is a difficult task due to her being as powerful as she is. Naturally the blame was thrown at the Werewolves, and things escalated...now we're in a war and the humans are becoming collateral damage." Wulfric explained, his sharp canines still present even while in human form.

Aya was allured by Wulfric, not just by appearance, however by his kind actions as well. 

"I am Aya Everus, daughter of the previous watchdog." she explained to Wulfric.

She paused for a moment, hearing Wulfric's explanation. 

"We can't have accidental deaths. You wouldn't mind helping us find this werecat princess...would you?" Aya asked, looking down at Wulfric.