Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

Roleplay Boruto: Remains (1x1 w/ Shulk)

|| SYNOPSIS ||

Under orders of the current reigning Hokage Naruto Uzumaki, Konohagakure has reached an alliance with Tarinai Village, a small, recently formed ninja village host to many new budding ninja clans. The village head reached out to Uzumaki in hopes of economic stability due to the village’s poor recession as of late, and thus, the alliance has allowed Tarinai ninja to make their stay in Konoha and work with Konoha’s crop of shinobi...

- - - - -

|| "WELCOME TO KONOHA" Arc -- START ||

An early afternoon is usually a busy one for the citizens of Konoha, but even more so now that visitors from Tarinai Village were making their stay at the most frequent pace. Houses were being bought, carriages of supplies were being carried throughout the streets, and some citizens took to exploring the cityscape to get a good read of their new home.

Two in particular, both young boys, stood outside the Hokage's Office, having just left after finishing their record transfers to become official Konoha shinobi, including being given official Konoha shinobi headbands.

"Not too shabby, huh Koukon? I mean, I really feel like a shinobi now. Things are lookin' great so far," Kinniku said, tying his headband to his right arm. The very sight of a headband was impressive to Kinniku due to Tarinai's funding not even being able to supply headbands at all.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Koukon gazed around the Leaf Village, amazed by how different it was from his home. He was lucky that his best friend Kiniku was able to come with him, or things might have been a little boring. Kiniku's sudden question shook Koukon out of his trance, and the boy gave his usual wide grin. "Heh, yeah!" He exclaimed as he tightened the new headband that was now firmly secured on his forehead. "I can already tell I'll like this place. Headbands, proper ninja missions, cool places to visit, and, of course, all sorts of nice girls." He smirked as he finished off his short list, giving a sign as to what his second priority outside of ninja work was. The girls he met back home were all boring, but the Leaf seemed to make up for that. "You think any other genin from Tarinai are around here? I'm not sure where my sister went off to, but it would be nice getting to know who else ended up joining us."

"Oh, I have a feeling we'll see someone eventually. But right now..." 

As if on cue, Kinniku's stomach began to rumble.

"Uh, heh heh, right now I could use something to eat. Gotta fill up for my next training session. Let's go see what they have in town," Kinniku said.

Walking through the village, Kinniku took note that Konoha was more like a city than an actual village, mostly due to the large setting it now inhabited due to the various expansions made over the years as Konoha has prospered. It was no wonder than Tarinai agreed to find financial solace here.

Kinniku then suggested that the two go to a local fast food place to get some hamburgers.

"Luckily for me, I have a big quota to fill, if you know what I mean," Kinniku said, referring to the enormous diet that his clan required for their insane training regiments.

Walking into the restaurant, Kinniku and Koukon got a couple of meals, the owner giving them their food on the house as a friendly sign of welcoming them to Konoha.

"People sure are nice here," Kinniku said as him and Koukon went to find some seats. "Heck, Naruto - or I guess, Lord Hokage - was pretty nice when we went to go see him too."

"I'd be fine with getting some food." Koukon nodded. He followed Kinniku to the restaurant and ordered his food after his friend did. He was surprised by how friendly people were in the Leaf Village. Once the two sat down, he began eating, although he kept an eye on the other people in the building. He couldn't really tell how many of them were ninja, but he knew that one day, he wanted to surpass them all.

As Koukon was lost in thought, a purple-haired girl a year older than him approached the two, carrying her own lunch. "Um, excuse me... Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked quietly.

Koukon looked over at her. Oh man, is a girl already talking to me? I can do this... "Yeah, go ahead! I don't mind!" He grinned, acting as confident as he usually did when it came to speaking with females.

"Alright, thank you." She took a seat next to Koukon. She studied Koukon and Kinniku, curious about the two. "You're both shinobi, too?" She asked, noticing their headbands. 

Koukon had been a little too distracted by the girl to notice her own Leaf Village headband. "Huh...? Oh, yeah! We both came from Tarinai Village to train here." He answered, still happy with the opportunity they'd been given. "What about you? Are you from around here?"

"Nope, I was also one of the genin from Tarinai." The girl answered, sounding a little more excited than before. Coming across others from her home village was a nice discovery. "By the way, I'm Rizumu Onkyou. Nice to meet you." She stuck out her hand towards Koukon.

"Koukon Yougan. Nice to meet you, too." Koukon nodded and shook Rizumu's hand.

Edited by Shulk

"I'm Kinniku Mariki. Member of the Mariki Clan," he said, shaking Rizumu's hand.

"It's nice to see some other folks from Tarinai around. Koukon and I have just been around our families for the past few days. Oh, and it looks like you got your records transferred over too," Kiniku said, pointing to the headband on Rizumu's forehead. "It's nice to actually have a symbol for once, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I feel like a real ninja now!" Rizumu grinned, clearly excited about having a headband and starting a new life in the Leaf. "I haven't managed to find any other Tarinai Village shinobi here yet, either. You two are the first." She explained, then took a short pause to eat. "Did you two know each other before coming here? You seem like you didn't just meet."

"We've been best friends for years now. I don't think I even would've come all the way out here if he hadn't joined." Koukon answered cheerfully. "The two of us are a team. Right, Kinniku?" He asked his friend, shifting his gaze away from Rizumu for the first time since they'd met.

"Sure am. We've known each other since we joined the academy," Kinniku said. 

"And speaking of teams, we going over something with Lord Hokage earlier today, and I think that you could help us out with something."

“Basically: Koukon and I agreed to be assigned under a jonin for a genin cell. We already know our leader, but we need a third member.”

"A... a third member?" Rizumu was a little shocked by the sudden request. She'd just met them, and they already wanted her to join them? They were already close friends... She wasn't sure if she'd be the best teammate for them. Then again, she didn't have any other options...

"I bet the three of us could be the greatest team in the world!" Koukon boasted, hoping to show that he was also willing to let the girl join them.

Rizumu quickly caved in, These two seemed nice, and what was the harm in joining them? "Sure, I'll be your third genin. I look forward to working with you two!" She gave them a friendly smile.

"Alright!" Koukon thrust his fist into the air. We're all ready to start going on missions now!" He looked down at his unfinished food. "Well, once we've finished our lunch, anyway."

Rizumu laughed at Koukon's excitement. It seemed like she'd just met an odd pair, but she had the feeling she could fit in rather easily.

"Slow down, Koukon," Kinniku chuckled. "We're not on active duty until tomorrow. We have the whole day to relax... well, I might sneak in a couple thousand laps around the village, but for the most part, it's all about R&R."

Kinniku then looked around the restaurant. He was growing curious of the various other genin he and his companions would now have to rub shoulders with.

Looking behind him, he noticed there was a table situated near the end of the room. It was surrounded by young, female genin all around his age, and they were mostly staring at or talking to a boy with short blonde hair with a long, single bang halfway-covering his right eye, who seemed to be enjoying the attention with a smooth, suave demeanor, laying back into his seat with his arm around one of the girls. Kinniku could not hear what he was saying exactly, but from what he made out, it was something about being both talented in skills of both the shinobi and romance, something that made every girl at the table swoon.

The only one that didn't swoon was the one sitting across from him: a girl with long brown hair tied up in two spiky buns on the top, who looked more bored than excited as she ate her food in silence, occasionally rolling her eyes at the blonde boy's antics. Meanwhile, another boy, one with black hair and a spiky ponytail that stood straight up, was also sitting in silence and playing a small handheld video game.

"Hm... those guys look like they're from around here," Kinniku said aloud.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Koukon groaned. "Alright, alright... I hope we get something good for tomorrow, though." He muttered.

Once Kinniku pointed out the other people, Rizumu studied the large group that had amassed, as well as the boy in the center. "Yeah, they don't look like outsiders... What's up with all of the girls, though? It's... kinda weird that he managed to get that many to look at him like that." She pointed out, her tone making her sound a little concerned.

Meanwhile, as Kinniku and Rizumu discussed the three other kids, Koukon's eyes were focused on the group of girls surrounding the table. "Coming to the Leaf Village really does have some advantages..." He muttered, seemingly entranced.

Rizumu quickly caught on to what Koukon was staring at. "You know, it's bad enough that they're all staring at someone... You don't need to contribute to that." She sighed. "Does he always do this?" She asked Kinniku, her curiosity being overshadowed by embarrassment. She didn't know she'd teamed up with someone this weird.

"Unfortunately..." Kinniku said. "I've already gotten used to it. Although, now that we've agreed to be teammates, I give you official permission to set him straight if he goes too far out of line in the future," he added, speaking as if it was a joke but also with a firm sense of sincerity. Koukon really was that much of a handful for him whenever he decided to emulate one of his idols, the Sannin Jiraiya.

Turning to Koukon, he said, "Don't tell me you're jealous of him or something. I mean, what, are you gonna go over and assert your dominance or something? That'd just be ridiculous," Kinniku laughed.

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind. I'm positive I could figure something out to keep him from ever going too far if I ever had to..." Rizumu spoke ominously, although began laughing a little afterwards. "Let's just hope he doesn't go that far in the first place."

Koukon's gaze didn't shift from the girls, but he answered Kinniku's answer calmly. "To be honest, I didn't really pay much attention to that guy. Now that you mention it... He does seem like he could be trouble for me..." He stood up and approached the group, smiling confidently. "Hey there, ladies. I couldn't help but notice that you were all looking at this guy... Of course, I think we all know who the real cool guy is." He flexed his tiny muscles as he spoke, trying to attract the attention of the genin.

Rizumu sighed. "Looks like he is going too far... I'll be ready in case he tries anything really stupid." She stood and followed Koukon. "Uh... Hate to break it to you, but you're not going to get much done like that... You've got a lot to learn."

"Aw man... me and my big mouth," Kinniku groaned, quickly following after Koukon and Rizumu.

Seeing Koukon's attempt at wooing them, the female genin was less than impressed. The other two at the table looked up from what they were doing simply out of curiosity. Meanwhile, the blonde boy himself quickly changed his expression from that joyful suave look to a glare that dug directly into Koukon's gaze.

"Excuse me, but who are you again?" he said. However, his attention immediately switched from Koukon to Rizumu, his gaze now lighting back up into its previous joyful manner.

Quickly moving past the other girls and Koukon, he got down on one knee and took Rizumu by the end, addressing her as if he would the wife of the Fire Daimyo.

"I believe that we haven't met either. Allow me to rectify that. My name is Inojin Yamanaka. It is wonderful to make your acquaintance" he began, kissing Rizumu's hand. "You must be one of the vistors from Tarinai Village. It would make sense considering that I am not already aware of your marvelous presence.."

Ugh... this guy is even worse than Koukon... Kinniku thought, feeling the need to hurl his consumed meal.

Koukon glared back at Inojin after he taunted the foreign boy. "Who am I? I'm Koukon Yougan, born in Tarinai Village, training in the Leaf! One day, I'll leave you in the dust, so you'd better stop acting that way." Koukon bragged, his anger causing him to get a little more heated than usual. However, he was shaken out of his rage after Inojin tried flirting with Rizumu. He was ready to step in if he had to.

Rizumu stood quietly as Inojin introduced himself. "I'm Rizumu Onkyou. By the way..." Her hand suddenly jerked upwards, and she slapped Inojin across the face. "Ask a girl before you do something weird like that, creep." She bravely ordered, showing that she wasn't falling for his tricks like the other girls had.

Koukon stared at Rizumu, surprised by her response. "Whoa... That was cool..." He quietly said to himself.

Oh boy. Didn't expect that. Kinniku worriedly thought, although he could not help but feel that Inojin deserved it.

Inojin was so surprised by the slap that he fell right back on his butt. Rubbing his cheek, the girls surrounding the table were either shocked at what Rizumu did, or were getting ready to pummel her. The two kids at Inojin's table were affected as well, but on differing levels.

"Oh, great. Things are about to get messy, aren't they Shikadai?," the girl asked to the boy.

"Pretty much... what a drag," Shikadai responded, not bothering to look up from his game.

Standing up while still holding his cheek, Inojin was furious as he cried, "What the hell was that? I kiss your hand and you slap me? What kind of manners were you taught in Tarinai anyway?!" He had morphed from a wannabe cassanova into a squealing brat in a manner of seconds.

"Okay okay, let's take it easy, guy," Kinniku said, stepping in, his large frame overshadowing Inojin's by a large margin. "Now look, to be fair to her, you were coming on pretty strong."

This only made Inojin more furious. "First off, I was being a gentlemen; second, who are you to even get involved in this?" 

"Calm down. I understand what you were doing, but--"

"Answer my question, what do you have to gain from getting involved, you muscled up freak?!" Inojin said, causing Kinniku to go silent. The room itself seemed to go silent as well, seeing as Kinniku was still as calm as he was being, but began to give off an eerie aura.

Inojin brushed a lock of hair off his head, smirking and feeling as though he had won. "That's what I thought. Now move aside," Inojin said, poking his finger into Kinniku's chest. "Believe me, this isn't something you should be involved with anyway. No girl would even want to be friends with a grotesque freak like you."

"In Tarinai, we're taught how to be respectful and not try to spend all your time wooing every single girl you lay eyes on." Rizumu answered bluntly, then took a quick glance at Koukon. He might ruin that argument, though... She hoped that Inojin wouldn't bring that up. Listening to Inojin's insults he hurled at Kinniku might have made things a little quiet, but it didn't take long for Rizumu to act... She walked over and punched Inojin across the face this time. "You ask what manners we learned, but then say that about Kinniku? I hope that other Leaf ninja aren't like you, or I'll end up regretting my decision to come here." She glared angrily at the boy she had just attacked.

... She's really cool. Koukon thought for a second, then rushed over to Kinniku's side. "Make fun of me all you want, but if you think you can say bad things about my friends and get away with it, I'll make sure you never get the idea again." He warned Inojin. He would have punched him, but it looked like Rizumu was handling things well herself.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I'm not taking that from a bunch of yokels like you three," Inojin said, visibly angering the girl with the brown hair sitting nearby.

"Now as far as I'm concerned, you, you and Muscles-For-Brains here can leave!"

Kinniku's patience was tested further. He still stayed calm, although now he was tighening his hands into balled fists and wearing a frown full of grinding teeth. His head was lowered slightly, so his expression was hid. Even so, his aura was still fairly strong and still scaring those who could sense it, such as the horde of girls and other nearby customers.

"That's right, leave. I, for one, am not deserving of being around such company anyway. I mean, seriously, what kind of idiot do you have to be to reject my advances and then treat me with su--"

"Ninja Art: Expansion Jutsu!"

BONK!

Surprising everyone, including Kinniku, the girl beside Inojin had made her dainty hand grow about three times as large and then hammered it down into Inojin's skull, abruptly stopping his rant and rendering him unconscious on the floor with white eyes, his tongue hanging out of his mouth, and a large lump on the top of his head.

Quickly hopping out of her seat, the girl grabbed Inojin by the collar, bowed and apologized to the trio, and dragged him out of the restaurant. The boy with black hair followed casually behind, not taking a chance to interact further.

Huh... I just remembered that this village is host to the Akimichi Clan. That explains the 'Expansion Jutsu'. And Inojin said he was a Yamanaka too. Hmm... Kiniku said, curious about the identities and abilities of his fellow genin ever since before he set foot in Konoha.

"Oh, uh, thanks by the way," Kinniku said, snapping out of his thoughts and turning to Koukon and Rizumu. "Especially you, Rizumu. It was actually kind of surprising. Not too many people would stick up for someone they just met like that."

Both Koukon and Rizumu hadn't expected the quiet girl to suddenly attack Inojin... However, it was a relief that he was now gone. The two both sighed, then turned over to Kinniku. "Heh, no problem. I know you'd do the same for me." Koukon grinned and gave his best friend a thumbs up. "Although... I was also pretty surprised by Rizumu's involvement there." He noted, trying to not sound too adoring.

"Oh... Well, we're going to be working together. We all need to do our best to help each other, right?" The young girl asked, slightly blushing. "Besides... I'm not going to let a stuck-up jerk like that kid insult people for stupid reasons. I can't stand people who do that..." The shy, nervous look on her face changed into a much more serious, angry one. "And he had the guts to do that after saying that we had no manners. I can't believe that... Of course, we shouldn't be focusing on that right now. That's all in the past, right?" She put on a smile.

Koukon leaned over towards Kinniku, wanting to share something quietly. "I'm really liking her... It's a good thing we managed to meet up with her here." He whispered to his friend, hoping Rizumu wouldn't overhear.

"What was that?" The kunoichi asked. She didn't hear what Koukon said, but she was a little suspicious.

"It's nothing to worry about." Koukon assured her. "So, uh... Kinniku, any ideas for what we should do now?" He asked, trying to change the subject. Rizumu looked a little displeased, but decided to not bother Koukon just yet.

Kinniku felt lucky to have such great friends and comrades with him. He would have been miserable if he lived his life in the same cruel way that Inojin implied...

"Well, uh, now that we've got some food in our bellies, I say we work it off with some good old fashioned training. I hear there's a training grounds outside the village where all the Leaf ninja go to practice. Sound like a plan?" Kinniku suggested.

"Heh, of course that sounds good! I've been eager to go and get in a bit of practice ever since we got here." Koukon exclaimed energetically, looking as though he was ready to instantly bolt towards the training field even if the others weren't ready yet. "Besides, seeing Rizumu fight would be really cool, too!" He pointed out, remembering that they still had yet to see their new ally's skills. He liked her a lot already, but it would help to learn if they could actually work well together. "You think that you're ready for a quick sparring match, Rizumu?"

The kunoichi nodded without hesitation. "Of course. I've still got to prove myself as a fighter to you two, right? This would be the best way to do that." She spoke confidently. She might not know about how they fought, but she wouldn't let them show her up on the battlefield. "You go and lead the way, Kinniku. It sounds like you know where we're headed, after all."

"Alright, let's go!" Kinniku said.

And so, the young Mariki clansmen led his two comrades outside of Konoha, past a gated section of the area, and into the Training Grounds: a large, lush field of grass overlooking a large river and surrounded by forests and on each side with three logs implanted into the ground on the fair right, as well as a small stone section with a stone slab in the middle, which was referred to as the "Memorial Stone".

"Yep, this place is perfect for sparring. Plenty of room to-" Kinniku stopped mid-sentence when he noticed some figures hanging around the logs. "Wait... is that..."

Kinniku inspected closer and saw that the figures were two boys and a girl, engaged in conversation. He also recognized who they were from an earlier encounter...

"Oh man... it's Inojin and his pals," he said. "Talk about rotten luck..."

Edited by Firaga Sensei

As Koukon stepped onto the Leaf Village's sparring grounds, he couldn't help but grin. It was time for him to get in some combat for the first time in ages, and he could see his new partner in action. Nothing could ruin his mood... Or at least he thought that would be the case. However, he quickly noticed the other team there... Including Inojin. "Ugh... Why don't we go and beat the crap out of him instead? I'd love to see how he'd react to my fist meeting his face." Koukon spoke angrily, still upset by how the boy had treated his friends.

"Hold up, Koukon." Rizumu grabbed his shoulder to make sure he wouldn't move forward. "Let's ignore them. We don't need any more conflict, right? We'll find a place that's far away from them and practice there. What do you think about that, Kinniku?" She turned to her other teammate, curious about his own ideas.

Kinniku kicked the ground in frustration.

"This is literally the best stop for anybody in this village to get some training in. Heck, it's the only place to train, one that has enough room for more than one person that is. And lots of free space for good, high octane sparring too. This sucks..."

Kinniku looked back at the trio. Pausing for a moment, he decided that the best option was to simply make peace with the three and maybe it would lead to things running a lot more smoothly.

"Uh... hey..." He said as soon as he was in earshot of the three, who all turned their attention to the young Mariki clansmen.

"Well well well, if it isn't Musclehead," Inojin said. "Come back to cause more ungentlemanly trouble?"

"Cut it out, Inojin!" The girl said. "I'm so sorry for my brother's rudeness. He doesn't know when to quit when he's got his mouth running," she joked, as Inojin sulked in the background but did not say anything in response.

"Oh no, it's fine. Really. I'm over it," Kinniku said. Although maybe the guy deserves another fist to the noggin... he thought afterwards.

"Thank you. My name's Chocho by the way, and over here is Shikadai," Chocho said, referring to the silent boy on the left as Shikadai.

"Yo," Shikadai said, not moving from his spot on the ground, looking up at the clouds.

"Nice to meet you guys. Uh, see, the reason I'm here is that my teammates and I were looking to get in some training here on the grounds. Is that alright with you?"

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Koukon watched with a puzzled expression as Kinniku went over and started to act nice to the three other ninja. What, he's already acting all buddy-buddy with them after that whole act? Ugh... I don't get how he can suddenly act so friendly like this. Koukon trailed after his best friend after a few moments, though he kept his head turned away from the three ninja.

Rizumu, on the other hand, understood Kinniku's plan. As much as she didn't want to deal with Inojin right now, she decided to put their goal ahead of her personal feelings of the boy. It would be worth acting tolerant of him for a few moments. "We'll make sure that you three still get plenty of room, too. There's no problem with two teams sharing the training grounds, right?"

"Nothing at all. We're not even training right now, so you're free to use the entirety of the grounds if you want," Chocho said.

"Well, you know, if you're up for it, I wouldn't mind if you joined in too. I'm really curious about your technique. You're from the Akimichi Clan right?"

"That's right. I'm also related to the Yamanaka Clan, and so is my brother. Shikadai's from the Nara Clan too."

"Ah, so you must be that 'Ino-Shika-Cho' team I've heard so much about."

"That's right. 16th generation."

While Chocho and Kinniku rambled on about clan history and Shikadai continued to look at clouds, Inojin was giving Koukon a very glaring look. He hadn't taken his eyes off him since he showed up. He didn't even take a chance to stare at Rizumu again and take another shot at winning her affection.