Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

PS4 is no doubt the JRPG king

Meh. I've had better console libraries.

Yeah, I agree. Especially with the PS2, and its massive amount of great JRPGs. Kingdom Hearts(of course), All of the Final Fantasy Games, Tales of the Abyss, several Shin Megami Tensei games that came out for it, Xenosaga, .hack, and so many more games. I have to say, the PS2 is definitely my system of choice for JRPGs. Though I also am very happy that the PS4 is getting quite a few JRPGs as well.

Yeah, I agree. Especially with the PS2, and its massive amount of great JRPGs. Kingdom Hearts(of course), All of the Final Fantasy Games, Tales of the Abyss, several Shin Megami Tensei games that came out for it, Xenosaga, .hack, and so many more games. I have to say, the PS2 is definitely my system of choice for JRPGs. Though I also am very happy that the PS4 is getting quite a few JRPGs as well.

Yep, and half of these games are long overdue.

Eh

DS,3DS,PSP and ESPECIALLY the Ps2 had bigger and better JRPG library to be honest

The most dominant genre on the Ps4 so far are shooters (first person and third person)

I'd disagree on 3DS but PSP and DS have amazing libraries.

I'd disagree on 3DS but PSP and DS have amazing libraries.

Well for the 3DS it really depends on what you're looking for cuz there are a lot of JRPGs on the system

Sure not that much from Square as the most notable RPGs they made for the system were KH3D,Final Fantasy Explorers and Bravely DefaultSecond

But from other companies there is a lot:

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Persona Q

Fire Emblem Awakening

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

Pokemon X&Y

Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Monster Hunter 3&4

Devil Survivor 1&2

The upcoming rereleases of Dragon Quest VII and VIII

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M

Fire Emblem Fates

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final

Yo-Kai Watch

Mario & Luigi:Paper Jam

..............the list goes on

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

So uhhh where's Nier 2: Automata? 

Probably the more impressive upcoming title for Square for me.

The only Square employee working on it to my understanding is Saito. Haha.

Well for the 3DS it really depends on what you're looking for cuz there are a lot of JRPGs on the system

Sure not that much from Square as the most notable RPGs they made for the system were KH3D,Final Fantasy Explorers and Bravely DefaultSecond

But from other companies there is a lot:

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Persona Q

Fire Emblem Awakening

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

Pokemon X&Y

Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Monster Hunter 3&4

Devil Survivor 1&2

The upcoming rereleases of Dragon Quest VII and VIII

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M

Fire Emblem Fates

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final

Yo-Kai Watch

Mario & Luigi:Paper Jam

..............the list goes on

KH3D, Curtain Call, maybe Explorers, maybe Bravely, maybe DQ and two Pokemon games is nothing amazing imo. Didn't say it was bad though.

Edited by Sora96

KH3D, Curtain Call, maybe Explorers, maybe Bravely and two Pokemon games is nothing amazing imo. Didn't say it was bad though.

Oh right Access games is working on it, still feel like that has a lot more for me.

KH3D, Curtain Call, maybe Explorers, maybe Bravely, maybe DQ and two Pokemon games is nothing amazing imo. Didn't say it was bad though.

Again,it depends on your interest and where you look

Sure if you keep it at Square and Pokemon only it doesn't sound impressive,branch out of Square however and a world of wonder and choices is open,same applies with DS and Ps2 cuz there were a buttload of amazing non-Square JRPGs on them

Like Persona 3 and Persona 4 on the Ps2(yes I know it's published by Square in Europe but it doesn't count cuz even Ubisoft managed to publish the game in Australia)

Again,it depends on your interest and where you look

Sure if you keep it at Square and Pokemon only it doesn't sound impressive,branch out of Square however and a world of wonder and choices is open,same applies with DS and Ps2 cuz there were a buttload of amazing non-Square JRPGs on them

Like Persona 3 and Persona 4 on the Ps2(yes I know it's published by Square in Europe but it doesn't count cuz even Ubisoft managed to publish the game in Australia)

Yeah, as I said just my opinion. I'm sure if someone looked hard enough they'd find plenty.

Actually, Ubisoft was just the distributor. Bandai does it now. Haha.

Nope, Access Games was Drakengard 3 and Lord of Arcana. PlatinumGames for this one.

Right keep forgetting, never played a platinum game so their name kind of just brushes off me but it looks promising from that small trailer we got.

I can't even think of many JRPGs that are available on the PS4. Older consoles have far more than the PS4 does. SNES, PS2, DS, 3DS... The PS4 is nowhere near those systems.

Now remove the non- exclusives(including the ones on PS3). That list gets very small.

Lol the PS4's game library is hardly interesting. Let alone has any JRPG's that are PS4 exclusive. I'll admit that the PS4 is a good system. Bu it does not have the best library for JRPG's (at least not at the moment anyway) that title goes to the PS2. 

Eh

DS,3DS,PSP and ESPECIALLY the Ps2 had bigger and better JRPG library to be honest

The most dominant genre on the Ps4 so far are shooters (first person and third person)

Meh. I've had better console libraries.

I'd disagree guys. Sure PS2 had many JRPG's, but this particular lineup is out of this world. It's better than PS3's for sure. And remember comparing the PS2 and PS4 is a little unfair considering the PS4 is no ways near finished. This early in the gen and we already have this many? Just think where PS4 will be when it's PS2's age.

Edited by soravids

I'd disagree guys. Sure PS2 had many JRPG's, but this particular lineup is out of this world. It's better than PS3's for sure. And remember comparing the PS2 and PS4 is a little unfair considering the PS4 is no ways near finished. This early in the gen and we already have this many? Just think where PS4 will be when it's PS2's age.

But most of the games in its lineup are on other systems too lol. I do agree with you that it will get a better library over time but for now it should be called the "JRPG King" when other systems have a lot more JRPG's than the PS4.

What are we getting on PS4? Pretty much what we get every gen.

Star Ocean? One every gen.

Nier? We get a couple of games from that sick minded person every gen.

XV? We get at least two mainline games every gen.

Tales of? You get those games every gen, and I should remind you all of those Tales of games are developed for PS3 then ported to PS4 just like Star Ocean 5.

And I'm not commenting on KH3 because the franchise is a mess.

What are we getting on PS4? Pretty much what we get every gen.

Star Ocean? One every gen.

Nier? We get a couple of games from that sick minded person every gen.

XV? We get at least two mainline games every gen.

Tales of? You get those games every gen, and I should remind you all of those Tales of games are developed for PS3 then ported to PS4 just like Star Ocean 5.

And I'm not commenting on KH3 because the franchise is a mess.

You left out a lot of stuff, and we got it a lot earlier in the gen. Tales of Berseria will be the last one that works that way. People have been waiting on FFVII remake for almost 20 years. Your view on KH's stance as a franchise strictly opinionated.

You left out a lot of stuff, and we got it a lot earlier in the gen. Tales of Berseria will be the last one that works that way. People have been waiting on FFVII remake for almost 20 years. Your view on KH's stance as a franchise strictly opinionated.

No, VII Remake has been wanted by a large amount of people since Toriyama's tech demo. And it could have occurred last gen but Nomura wasted six years on Versus XIII. Yeah, and this is all this topic is about: opinion. You got two KH games on PS2 btw.

No, VII Remake has been wanted by a large amount of people since Toriyama's tech demo. And it could have occurred last gen but Nomura wasted six years on Versus XIII. Yeah, and this is all this topic is about: opinion. You got two KH games on PS2 btw.

3 if you count Re: CoM.

And we're getting two on PS4. 2.8 counts as more than a remaster since two of the titles are completely new. And there probably will be a third before it's all over. People have been wanting VII remade every since the PS2 era. That's why folks went crazy over the tech demo during the PS3 era. And yes you're right, this is all about opinion.

Look, PS2 was an amazing console. I won't argue for a second there. However, when you already have this many games only 2 years into the gen it is something to be excited about. We sure didn't get this much on PS2 or PS3 in just 2 years.