Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

PS4 is no doubt the JRPG king

And we're getting two on PS4. 2.8 counts as more than a remaster since two of the titles are completely new. And there probably will be a third before it's all over. People have been wanting VII remade every since the PS2 era. That's why folks went crazy over the tech demo during the PS3 era. And yes you're right, this is all about opinion.

Look, PS2 was an amazing console. I won't argue for a second there. However, when you already have this many games only 2 years into the gen it is something to be excited about. We sure didn't get this much on PS2 or PS3 in just 2 years.

You're counting a short movie and a demo? Haha. Nah, the remake crazy started with Toriyama's tech demo.

What do we have two years into this generation? Ports. Ports. Ports.

What did we have two years in to PS2? From Square alone and not even Enix: The Bouncer, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XI a couple months later. 

Edited by Sora96

You're counting a short movie and a demo? Haha. Nah, the remake crazy started with Toriyama's tech demo.

What do we have two years into this generation? Ports. Ports. Ports.

What did we have two years in to PS2? From Square alone and not even Enix: The Bouncer, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XI a couple months later. 

More like a 3 hour movie. And 0.2 isn't a demo. The hype for a remake went crazy when that happened yes, but some fans wanted it before that. People say the Vita has a good RPG library, but nowadays it's almost nothing but ports. I know we've had many ports on PS4, but the things we've been promised are already making this gen seem more memorable than 6th gen. You can at least say it's a step up from 7th gen where we didn't even see a Square RPG game till 3 years in right?

More like a 3 hour movie. And 0.2 isn't a demo. The hype for a remake went crazy when that happened yes, but some fans wanted it before that. People say the Vita has a good RPG library, but nowadays it's almost nothing but ports. I know we've had many ports on PS4, but the things we've been promised are already making this gen seem more memorable than 6th gen. You can at least say it's a step up from 7th gen where we didn't even see a Square RPG game till 3 years in right?

With terrible graphics that'll bore me again. Lol. It's pretty much the Ground Zeroes of KH3. Lol. Sure they did, but for PS2 would have been stupid. We aren't talking handhelds. And it actually does, even Square's got a bunch of games coming to it.

Things promised? Like Nomura's Versus XIII and the expected KH3? Wow, there's something seriously familiar here. 360 was also the dominate console at the time.

With terrible graphics that'll bore me again. Lol. It's pretty much the Ground Zeroes of KH3. Lol. Sure they did, but for PS2 would have been stupid. We aren't talking handhelds. And it actually does, even Square's got a bunch of games coming to it.

Things promised? Like Nomura's Versus XIII and the expected KH3? Wow, there's something seriously familiar here. 360 was also the dominate console at the time.

Terrible? I don't see where you are getting that. And yes it is the Ground Zeroes of KH3, but that's far from a demo. It'll be about 2 hours long while most demos are around 30 minutes and will probably have exceptional replay value. Agreed, it would have been stupid back then. Vita does have a good library, but if we're talking exclusives it's not nearly as big just like most consoles right now. But PS4 does give many JRPG gamers the best of everything.

Versus XIII, or should I say FFXV will come out this year and KH3 will come out next year. Lol, actually Wii was and PS3 ended up beating 360 in overall numbers.

Terrible? I don't see where you are getting that. And yes it is the Ground Zeroes of KH3, but that's far from a demo. It'll be about 2 hours long while most demos are around 30 minutes and will probably have exceptional replay value. Agreed, it would have been stupid back then. Vita does have a good library, but if we're talking exclusives it's not nearly as big just like most consoles right now. But PS4 does give many JRPG gamers the best of everything.

Versus XIII, or should I say FFXV will come out this year and KH3 will come out next year. Lol, actually Wii was and PS3 ended up beating 360 in overall numbers.

Looks ugly, cartoon-like. One day it might. Lol.

Yeah, but it should have been out ages ago. Next year? We'll see. Lol. Wii doesn't count since it was let gen hardware. Square Enix supported Xbox 360 quite well in the first few years. And sure PS3 passed it, but does anyone care now? Did it matter? Nope.

Looks ugly, cartoon-like. One day it might. Lol.

Yeah, but it should have been out ages ago. Next year? We'll see. Lol. Wii doesn't count since it was let gen hardware. Square Enix supported Xbox 360 quite well in the first few years. And sure PS3 passed it, but does anyone care now? Did it matter? Nope.

Ugly? Don't you think mysterious tower in KH3 was pretty? Wii was same gen as 360 and PS3. It should have been out ages ago, but it looks like it turned into something amazing so it wasn't a total loss. You're the one who said KH3 was likely coming in 2017. SE's support for Xbox 360 wasn't that great until FFXIII which was primarily developed for PS3. And even if most people don't care (which some do) it's still fact that more people were pleased with PS3.

Ugly? Don't you think mysterious tower in KH3 was pretty? Wii was same gen as 360 and PS3. It should have been out ages ago, but it looks like it turned into something amazing so it wasn't a total loss. You're the one who said KH3 was likely coming in 2017. SE's support for Xbox 360 wasn't that great until FFXIII which was primarily developed for PS3. And even if most people don't care (which some do) it's still fact that more people were pleased with PS3.

Those character models are god ugly. Yes, but it was old hardware. Similar to PS2. LOL. 360 got The Last Remnant in 2008 and Star Ocean 4 in early 2009. I'm not talking about being pleased with PS3. I love PS3. Lol. I'm just saying eventually surpassing 360 by a couple million meant nothing.

Those character models are god ugly. Yes, but it was old hardware. Similar to PS2. LOL. 360 got The Last Remnant in 2008 and Star Ocean 4 in early 2009. I'm not talking about being pleased with PS3. I love PS3. Lol. I'm just saying eventually surpassing 360 by a couple million meant nothing.

Sora, Riku, and Kairi aren't. But everyone thinks differently. Nintendo is almost always behind in terms of hardware since 5th gen. That's just 2 games and PS3 ended up up getting a better version of Star Ocean 4. So do I. And maybe it doesn't mean anything other than people liked it better. However, you said 360 was dominate when actually it was the worst selling console of 7th gen.

Sora, Riku, and Kairi aren't. But everyone thinks differently. Nintendo is almost always behind in terms of hardware since 5th gen. That's just 2 games and PS3 ended up up getting a better version of Star Ocean 4. So do I. And maybe it doesn't mean anything other than people liked it better. However, you said 360 was dominate when actually it was the worst selling console of 7th gen.

Do to me. I said 360 was dominating, it was dominating the PS3 for those years, hence why Square Enix got those games on 360. You had to wait a year for dual-audio. Haha.

Do to me. I said 360 was dominating, it was dominating the PS3 for those years, hence why Square Enix got those games on 360. You had to wait a year for dual-audio. Haha.

I'd disagree. Dual-audio, one single disc, sharper HD graphics. It was a short reign and only in NA. Those games went on 360 cause MS threw their money around just like what happened with Rise of Tomb Raider which robbed the game of sooo many initial sales.

I'd disagree. Dual-audio, one single disc, sharper HD graphics. It was a short reign and only in NA. Those games went on 360 cause MS threw their money around just like what happened with Rise of Tomb Raider which robbed the game of sooo many initial sales.

You actually compared the graphics? Haha. Still mattered to Square Enix. They went on 360 because 360 actually sold and Microsoft weren't being stupid. And Sony's doing the same with VII Remake, so don't go crying about timed exclusives.

You actually compared the graphics? Haha. Still mattered to Square Enix. They went on 360 because 360 actually sold and Microsoft weren't being stupid. And Sony's doing the same with VII Remake, so don't go crying about timed exclusives.

Yes, big difference. Well at least VII was originally exclusive to Sony. Microsoft is lucky to get it period considering it's been a Sony trademark for this long. Sony wasn't being stupid either. Best hardware of the gen and the only console that used Blu-ray at the time. Not to mention killer exclusives.

Yes, big difference. Well at least VII was originally exclusive to Sony. Microsoft is lucky to get it period considering it's been a Sony trademark for this long. Sony wasn't being stupid either. Best hardware of the gen and the only console that used Blu-ray at the time. Not to mention killer exclusives.

Well graphics don't matter to everyone and neither does dual-audio, and even then a year wait.

Sony trademark? Lol. Tomb Raider Underworld got Xbox 360 exclusive DLC.

They were, that price tag, the TV crap, PSN, they've already admitted to their mistakes.

All consoles have their "killer exclusives".

Well graphics don't matter to everyone and neither does dual-audio, and even then a year wait.

Sony trademark? Lol. Tomb Raider Underworld got Xbox 360 exclusive DLC.

They were, that price tag, the TV crap, PSN, they've already admitted to their mistakes.

All consoles have their "killer exclusives".

They do to many people.

I was talking about FF7, but Tomb Raider was on Sony before Xbox as well to be fair.

I thought you liked PS3? The price tag was high, but considering what you got at the time it was fully worth it. Xbox One's price tag was heavy at first too. PS TV is actually a really good device for some people. PSN is amazing considering it was a free service during the PS3 era and now offers us great value with PS Plus.

From a certain point of view perhaps.

They do to many people.

I was talking about FF7, but Tomb Raider was on Sony before Xbox as well to be fair.

I thought you liked PS3? The price tag was high, but considering what you got at the time it was fully worth it. Xbox One's price tag was heavy at first too. PS TV is actually a really good device for some people. PSN is amazing considering it was a free service during the PS3 era and now offers us great value with PS Plus.

From a certain point of view perhaps.

And to many they don't.

FF was on Nintendo before Sony. Lol.

I love PS3. I purchase mine years later but the PS3 was very expensive at launch. They included the Kinect. Lol.

Not PlayStation Vita TV, I'm talking about them being crazy about TV. Amazing? It runs like shit on PS3, engineers say it's terrible and outdated. Can you change your PSN names? Nope, despite it being the most wanted feature for many years.

Certain point of view? Nintendo fans love their games. Microsoft has their big guns too.

And to many they don't.

FF was on Nintendo before Sony. Lol.

I love PS3. I purchase mine years later but the PS3 was very expensive at launch. They included the Kinect. Lol.

Not PlayStation Vita TV, I'm talking about them being crazy about TV. Amazing? It runs like shit on PS3, engineers say it's terrible and outdated. Can you change your PSN names? Nope, despite it being the most wanted feature for many years.

Certain point of view? Nintendo fans love their games. Microsoft has their big guns too.

True.

Also true, but Sony did offer better hardware which is why FF jumped there. Not because SE was paid.

It was expensive, but for what it offered it was worth it. Yeah, and they tried to force gamers to use it and constantly have the console online. Many gamers didn't even want Kinect, but were still forced to pay for it.

Runs badly? I played online games on it for years and never had any issues. Uncharted 2 for example ran great. It's a lot better on PS4 as well. You can't change your name, but most people don't even care.

Nintendo definitely has a wide array of exclusives. I know because I'm a fan. Microsoft on the other hand is something I can't say the same for. Very small exclusive library.

Edited by soravids

True.

Also true, but Sony did offer better hardware which is why FF jumped there. Not because SE was paid.

It was expensive, but for what it offered it was worth it. Yeah, and they tried to force gamers to use it and constantly have the console online. Many gamers didn't even want Kinect, but were still forced to pay for it.

Runs badly? I played online games on it for years and never had any issues. Uncharted 2 for example ran great. It's a lot better on PS4 as well. You can't change your name, but most people don't even care.

Nintendo definitely has a wide array of exclusives. I know because I'm a fan. Microsoft on the other hand is something I can't say the same for. Very small exclusive library.

SE didn't exist back then. Lol.

Constantly online was cancelled. Like Sony did at the start of PS3 they made a lot of mistakes.

Try to use the PS Store. Lol.

Most? LOL. http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/09/25/dear-sony-let-us-change-our-psn-names

Microsoft doesn't have exclusives? 360 has more than PS3. LOL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

SE didn't exist back then. Lol.

Constantly online was cancelled. Like Sony did at the start of PS3 they made a lot of mistakes.

Try to use the PS Store. Lol.

Most? LOL. http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/09/25/dear-sony-let-us-change-our-psn-names

Microsoft doesn't have exclusives? 360 has more than PS3. LOL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

They went by a different name, but still the reason why FF jumped was a valid one. They were gonna make FFVII for N64, but didn't due to space issues.

And so it should have been. The audacity of that ideal was crazy. .

I do use PS Store a lot. I've download over 30 PS1 games, a few PS2 games, and some PS3 games that were on sale off of it. Worked fine. Though I liked the old one better.

It got an article, but it's not like it's a massive issue. It's something they need to work on though.

About 1/3 of those are casual games that most folks don't care about. Like Scene It, Kinect, Lips, Sports, etc.

This is a shorter list, but has less casual games and more games that appeal to more people. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

They went by a different name, but still the reason why FF jumped was a valid one. They were gonna make FFVII for N64, but didn't due to space issues.

And so it should have been. The audacity of that ideal was crazy. .

I do use PS Store a lot. I've download over 30 PS1 games, a few PS2 games, and some PS3 games that were on sale off of it. Worked fine. Though I liked the old one better.

It got an article, but it's not like it's a massive issue. It's something they need to work on though.

About 1/3 of those are casual games that most folks don't care about. Like Scene It, Kinect, Lips, Sports, etc.

This is a shorter list, but has less casual games and more games that appeal to more people. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

It worked fine, it's just very slow for a lot of people.

One of the most popular articles that isn't news in IGN history. It's been one of the most requested features since PSN opened.

A lot of folks do care. Sports games sell like crazy. Most people don't care about niche JRPGs. Lol. Casual games appeal to more people to than niche JRPGs. Lol.

It worked fine, it's just very slow for a lot of people.

One of the most popular articles that isn't news in IGN history. It's been one of the most requested features since PSN opened.

A lot of folks do care. Sports games sell like crazy. Most people don't care about niche JRPGs. Lol. Casual games appeal to more people to than niche JRPGs. Lol.

Maybe. Wasn't slow for me. And it's very sleek on PS4.

Maybe so, but just because people agree that it's an issue or viewed that article doesn't mean it's something they are greatly bothered by.

Yeah, but people who do buy them usually don't care what console it's on or even about gaming in general really. The more popular sports games are multi-plat. We're talking about JRPG's anyway and PS3 definitely has more of those. PS3 and PS4 definitely has more exclusive content for the hardcore or JRPG gamer in my opinion, and due to better sales in every gen since Xbox started I think many people would agree. SE definitely prefers Sony over Microsoft.

Edited by soravids

Maybe. Wasn't slow for me. And it's very sleek on PS4.

Maybe so, but just because people agree that it's an issue or viewed that article doesn't mean it's something they are greatly bothered by.

Yeah, but people who do buy them usually don't care what console it's on or even about gaming in general really. The more popular sports games are multi-plat. We're talking about JRPG's anyway and PS3 definitely has more of those. PS3 and PS4 definitely has more exclusive content for the hardcore or JRPG gamer in my opinion, and due to better sales in every gen since Xbox started I think many people would agree. SE definitely prefers Sony over Microsoft.

Ummm, it clearly is and when putting keep writing about it. Lol. It shows just how far behind PSN is.

We aren't debating what SE prefers. SE want both to do well btw, otherwise why would Hajime Tabata and his division be doing stuff with Microsoft? Lol. Wouldn't surprise me if his new IP gets some Xbox One exclusive DLC.

Sony also needs Xbox to do well, and you know what? They have been doing very well these past two generations.