Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

Hey Naruto Fans!

This was not too bad, if you ask me.I watched Double4Anime's live reaction to it too. He's a pretty big Naruto fanboy, so he took the whole thing really seriously. It was pretty funny.

Eh, I didn't really like when Itachi stopped being the antagonist either. There even making a spinoff story based on him

so you can feel even more bad for his death. I also like how some are literally getting offended over this video. kek.

I also like how some are literally getting offended over this video. kek.

If you're referring to me, I'm not offended. The trailer just wasn't very good. It's "jokes" are centered around the same bull that most Naruto fans complain about, which in it of itself has waned in terms of its satire, and even when they tried for original jokes, they were few and far in-between.

Don't be such a fanboy man, learn to laugh a little xD. The video was made for entertainment although a lot of what he said is quite true :D

Posted Image

I wasn't being serious when I said this in the Spider-Man 3 thread either.

Still: A) Not a fanboy and B) Most of what the video said were overused and vague complaints thrown at the show since its inception. I don't have a problem with making jokes about things that I like, I do it all the time, but they should at least be funny and somewhat accurate.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Posted Image

I wasn't being serious when I said this in the Spider-Man 3 thread either.

Still: A) Not a fanboy and B) Most of what the video said were overused and vague complaints thrown at the show since its inception. I don't have a problem with making jokes about things that I like, I do it all the time, but they should at least be funny and somewhat accurate.

It was difficult to tell, it's the internet :D. You don't think the part about it being impossible to defeat Madara yet Kishi introduced Kaguya, which Team 7 sealed and defeated within less time than Madara was accurate? The statement about Naruto ignoring his classmates in favour of sasuke wasn't accurate? Come now, even the part about Sasuke being a Kurapika clone, the hunter exam and the chunin exam being similar? The scarlet eyes being like sharingan? How is any of that vague? Just because it's overused has nothing to do with it's validity, that statement is irrelevant. 

If you're referring to me, I'm not offended. The trailer just wasn't very good. It's "jokes" are centered around the same bull that most Naruto fans complain about, which in it of itself has waned in terms of its satire, and even when they tried for original jokes, they were few and far in-between.

Just because a video has over used jokes doesn't make it not good. The whole point of anime honest trailers is to point out the obvious flaws in animes

and make fans upset. some people like it, some people don't.

Oh well.

You don't think the part about it being impossible to defeat Madara yet Kishi introduced Kaguya, which Team 7 sealed and defeated within less time than Madara was accurate?

Madara needed to be replaced anyway. His schtick was getting old. Besides, considering his integral plan is related to the Sage of Six Paths and in relation Kaguya, it's not all that surprising in hindsight.

The statement about Naruto ignoring his classmates in favour of sasuke wasn't accurate?

He didn't ignore anybody. He cared for his other friends, comrades, mentors just the same, but he considered Sasuke a priority because of their closeness and because he felt that he needed to prove himself worthy of becoming Hokage by rescuing him.

even the part about Sasuke being a Kurapika clone, the hunter exam and the chunin exam being similar? The scarlet eyes being like sharingan?

Don't give two shits about HunterxHunter nor how it compares.

Look, I've heard this stuff before, I have a million times over. If people want to make jokes, they should be funny. And not based on generalizations or oversimplified bullshit. That's all I'm saying.

Just because a video has over used jokes doesn't make it not good. The whole point of anime honest trailers is to point out the obvious flaws in animes

That doesn't excuse the jokes from being lame or unfunny. Parody and satire fall under the same scope as the normal standards of writing.

Madara needed to be replaced anyway. His schtick was getting old. Besides, considering his integral plan is related to the Sage of Six Paths and in relation Kaguya, it's not all that surprising in hindsight.

He didn't ignore anybody. He cared for his other friends, comrades, mentors just the same, but he considered Sasuke a priority because of their closeness and because he felt that he needed to prove himself worthy of becoming Hokage by rescuing him.

Don't give two shits about HunterxHunter nor how it compares. WOW

Look, I've heard this stuff before, I have a million times over. If people want to make jokes, they should be funny. And not based on generalizations or oversimplified bullshit. That's all I'm saying.

That doesn't excuse the jokes from being lame or unfunny. Parody and satire fall under the same scope as the normal standards of writing.

I'm not even bothering...

Wether you think the jokes are unfunny or not doesn't really matter lol.

What? Was it just because I said I don't care about HunterxHunter?

No because you disregard the statements about Naruto being a HXH clone by saying "I don't give a shit about Hunter x Hunter". Which is quite profane and silly that you've got to swear to get a point across. Also very nonsensical logic, Naruto isn't a HXH clone cause "I don't give a shit about Hunter x Hunter" wow great argument.Just because you don't find them funny doesn't automatically mean they aren't funny to people who aren't over opinionated and can take a joke. 

Kaguya had nothing to do with Madara, that's an incredible stretch. Linking Madara's plan to Kaguya doesn't justify the fact that:

No one could beat Six Paths Madara, yet a stronger villain is introduced and is defeated in a shorter period of time than Madara with less people helping. That literally cannot be justified no matter how you try to stretch things out. There's nothing wrong with Kaguya, but her introduction and the timing of it was poor writing.

"Incredible storytelling." Let's not get carried away.

OHHHH BRILLIANT COMMENT..... and unoriginal

i looked in the comment section of the video. you totally stole it from this guy

Posted Image

No because you disregard the statements about Naruto being a HXH clone by saying "I don't give a shit about Hunter x Hunter". Which is quite profane and silly that you've got to swear to get a point across. Also very nonsensical logic, Naruto isn't a HXH clone cause "I don't give a shit about Hunter x Hunter" wow great argument.Just because you don't find them funny doesn't automatically mean they aren't funny to people who aren't over opinionated and can take a joke. 

Now you're just trying to gloss over my arguments with semantics. Why is me cursing suddenly a big deal? I said don't care about HxH, and I don't. I really don't. And you know what, I have still read into the arguments that do compare the two, and it's also semantics. They're not even that similar. It's just a ploy for HxH fanboys to shit on Naruto.

And seriously, I can take a joke. Do you not see how many jokes I make on this forum on a daily basis. But that doesn't mean I think all jokes are funny. And besides, it's beyond just laughing at jokes. This trailer is satire. It's copying the formula used for Honest Trailers by advertising a specific anime and satirizing its concepts in a jovial matter. I don't mind that. What I do mind is that the intricacies that went into it were hitting for the lowest common denominator in terms of its messages, jokes and criticisms that have gotten old and cliche over time and now might as well be extinct.

Kaguya had nothing to do with Madara, that's an incredible stretch. Linking Madara's plan to Kaguya doesn't justify the fact that:

No one could beat Six Paths Madara, yet a stronger villain is introduced and is defeated in a shorter period of time than Madara with less people helping. That literally cannot be justified no matter how you try to stretch things out. There's nothing wrong with Kaguya, but her introduction and the timing of it was poor writing.

Look, I'm not going to claim that Naruto introduces all the right elements at the right time, because there are things I personally believe would be better off explained or introduced at different points in time at the series, especially when it comes to things in Part I.

However: the problem I have with this argument is the part about how it takes less people to beat Kaguya than it does Madara. The character in question is toted as the definitive shinobi of the series, the first person ever to use chakra, and a very powerful user in that. She is combatted by Team Kakashi, all of which are very powerful on their own at this point. Would it really make a difference if a low-level shinobi like Rock Lee or Choji joined the fray? Besides, power is one thing, but strategy is another. The strategy to defeat Kaguya required two people, Naruto and Sasuke specifically, to seal her away. Kakashi and Sakura act as support and have abilities that make them the best candidates to do so. Everyone else was still locked into the IT or in the Hokage's case, were helping Hagoromo.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Why? Am I not allowed to have an opinion? Or expect jokes to be funny based on principle?

You have an imagination right? You can have whatever opinion you like.

You have an imagination right? You can have whatever opinion you like.

And my opinion is that this trailer wasn't very good. You don't have to agree with that, but that's how I felt.

Edited by Firaga Sensei