Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Posted Image

Hello, and welcome to "Blank Slate"!

Our Adventure begins in TWILIGHT TOWN.

In the ever orange world of Twilight Town after 10 years the time of the Great Struggle has finally arrived once more! Participants and spectators are now gathering from all corners of the known universe to fight and feast for a whole week!

Here is the Thread where you can sign in and get informed about out RPG and our Characters. :3

The Grand Struggle - as they used to call back in the days, when the whole universe rushed to the small town just to see the most fiercest and bravest heroes clash with each other. Some say 'those were the days... the days of heroes'. Now, it is much smaller - though still a sight to behold, trust me - still it doesn't quite give off that familiar atmosphere. We could say, it became family friendly as the times passed and the wars have stopped, and nobody was all that anxious to see blood spilled.

The Great Struggle - as they call it now...

This was the second time Odyn came to the tourney and the second time he intended to participate. Last time he made it through the preliminaries, but was defeated shortly after by a young man with blond, spiky hair and a gigantic sword. He lost in a fair fight, but intended to try again and at least defeat the youth if they were to face each other once more.

It'd probably the best if I stayed away from the drinks while the tournament is on. wouldn't look cool if I entered the battlefield completely smashed.

The warrior from Phoenix Plaza made his way towards the arena, which was deep in the maze of the orange-colored city, preparing himself for the battles ahead.

"So this is Twilight Town's Great Struggle, huh? What a bore.", I thought as I looked at all the participants.

"I wonder when this whole thing will begin. I guess everyone's still training a bit."

I looked at my hands. "It's been four days already..."

After a while, I looked at the big Clocktower. "This world is simply wonderful..."

As took a turn towards the right he could finally gaze upon the vast square which was made into a small-scale battleground for the time being. Around it, there were seats for the spectators and beyond them food and drink stalls. The crowd that filled the steets was colorful and varied. From local families to weird looking travelers from distant planets there were all sorts of creatures.

Maybe a drink wouldn't hurt that much... he thought, as the marched through the swarm of people, towards his favorite drink stall. As he passed one person after another, in the distance he saw the outlines of an old friend of his.

"Well-well... if it isn't Merlin!" he said with a smile, and forgeting about his drink decided to surprise the old sorcerer.

In the mean time the first battles were just about to start, and the spectators cheered loudly as the very first warriors stepped into the ring to try their might!

"Ladies and gentleman! I welcome you all tonight-" the announcer started the show and didn't stop for a very long time. Odyn didn't really listen to it, because

they were a bit of annoyance. Instead he tried to looking for strong fighters, good drinks and old friends.

"Still 8 Rounds for my fight, it seems.", I thought. "Hope my Enemy will be strong."

I looked at the Clocktower again. At the sunset, to be precise. 

"And after this bore I'm gonna continue my Mission.."

"Fancy seeing a conjurer around these parts!" Odyn greeted the sorcerer.

"Oh, my boy! Long time no see!" the fair haired wizards welcomed the warrior with a warm smile. "You on the other hand, I expected to see you here!"

"Wherever the action is," he nodded. "Let's get a drink and watch them kiddos smack each other behind the ear!" he suggested with a wink and was ready to find himself some booze.

"Always the battle and the drink! You'll never change, won't you?"

"If it is not broken, why fix it!?" the man laughed.

Odyn ordered for the two of them, and stared at the fighting pit while waiting for his drink.

The two fighters were both wielding swords. They were young and faught recklessly, flunging their weapons right and left without any plans or technique. It was a battle of pure luck, and though one of them would surely be the victor... even he'd be facing defeat a couple of rounds later... of that, Odyn was sure. He watched the battle with mild interest and when he got his drink he returned to Merlin without a moment of hesitation. This was just another battle, that wasn't worth his attention.

Hopefully by the next time they'll at least know how to hold a sword.

"So, where have you been, Merlin?" the man asked the wizard.

"Here and there. Traveling around, visiting old friends!"

As I got around, I saw someone that looked just like Merlin. "Could it be?"

I went a little bit closer, and then I was sure about it; It just had to be Merlin, the famous Sorcerer.

I couldn't believe my eyes. My greatest Idol was there! 

I quickly went there, since I was really excited about this.

"A-are you Merlin, the Sorcerer?", I asked loudly.

The Grand Struggle.

Lanife stood face a wall, with several posters plastered onto it. The reason it was so eye catching? Every single poster was advertising the same thing: a tourney called the Grand Struggle. Lanife hadn't a clue what that was supposed to mean, as most of the posters were plastered on top of one another, making it a tad difficult save for the very few on the top.

It seemed to be a local fencing tournament of sorts, at least as far as Lanife could guess. A yearly tournament to see who was the fastest, the quickest, and who would be taking away the grand prize trophy. A strange thing to see in such a small town of perpetual dusk. Nevertheless, it was an interesting and unusual thing, and was enough for Lanife to go and find out for herself. It wasn't hard, as the mass of posters had arrows written on them to direct her to where the center of this tournament would be held.

"Aaaaand we have a winner!" the announcer yelled cheerfully. Odyn looked over towards the fighters to see which one of them lost, but the crowd was just too thick to see through. He shrugged and took a sip from his drink. Just then a girl ran up to them in excitement.

"Uh-oh, why of course! I am!" the sorcerer said with a wide grin on his face. "And who might you be?"

"An excited fan, as far as I can see," remarked with a smile. "I'll leave you too to have a chat!"

And with that, he left the sorcerer and the girl behind. He still had a couple of minutes before his first battle, but it was finally time to concentrate on the task ahead.

After the swordsman left, Merlin with the move of his wand created a bubble around himself and the girl, so they could hear each other easier, since they were in the middle of the yelling-laughing-cheering crowd.

"How can I help you, young lady?" he asked.

"S--so it's truly you!", I said excited. 

As he created the bubble, I was simply amazed by his magic. 

"I am Yuuki, the Fairy of Ice, Snow and Water.", I explained. 

"I really love your works. You are my greatest Idol, Mister Merlinl!"

I couldn't resist but get excited. One of the best Sorcerer's was talking to me. I only dreamt about this.

A winner? Lanife had barely walked into the main concourse when a winner had already been called. Some part of her hoped that it wasn't over already; she had just gotten here. Even though it was trivial to watch, she was still interested enough to at least get a view of what this tournament had to offer. The first thing she noticed was the ridiculous crowd milling about--no wonder the rest of the town was empty...the residents were all here!

Lanife did her best to steer away from the other people, keeping mostly to herself as she watched and simply gazed at the sight to be had.

"The one and only!" Merlin smiled and winked at the girl. "Now-now, call me simply Merlin! Yuuki, right? Where are you from and what brings you here? Can't imagine that you are here to participate in the Struggle!" The wise sorcerer deduced. "There must be another reason!"

"And now ladies and gentleman! Our next battle!"

The wizard with another wand movement, raised the bubble above the ground, so they could see the new fighters, entering the pit. One of them  was a young lad with two knife-like weapons, and other one was Odyn. He was smiling, waving at the spectators, his hands not even close to the hilt of his sword. He seemed relaxed and happy, as if he was at a party, not a battle. His act confused his enemy who tried to surprise him from behind, but his attack wasn't successful. The knight, still leaving his sword sheathed grabbed the boy's wrists and with an easy twist unarmed him.

"Not so fast, kiddo!" he said confidently. "Don't let your enemy confuse you. Learn to make a difference between a trap and a true advantage!

"This isn't over yet!" the boy shouted and jumped up, trying to kick Odyn. Luckily he saw through the trick and recognized the small knives fastened to the boots just in time to dodge the attack. With a huge swing he threw the boy out of the fighting pit, making him the victor of the match - something that has been included in the rules of the Grand Struggle not too long ago.

"Well done..." Merlin said content with Odyn's victory. "Although he finished the young lad off a bit too quickly!"

Edited by Griewer

"You--?...But of course you now that.", I laughed.

"You are Merlin, after all. But yes, you are right. I am here for a Mission.", I explained.

"I am trying to earn my second Fairy Transformation, Enchantix. And for that, I will have to find the Magical Sunlight.."

Sigh. 

"I thought that it may be here in Twilight Town."

"Looking for participants! Looking for participants!" A rather large, loud man bellow as he waved two sheets of forms around, "We need some more participants for the next few rounds!" 

Lanife stared at him for a good long while, the gears in her head churning as she thought about it. It was, after all, an interesting thing to take part of. She just hoped her skill wouldn't get her noticed, as she was still trying to lay low. But...why not?

"I'll do it," Lanife offered, stepping right up to the man, "Put me in."

"Excellent!" The man exclaimed, slamming the form down before her, "Just sign here and here..."

Lanife nodded and did so, filling out the form to the best of her ability. The man took it with a nod, giving it a once over before folding the form up, "We'll call you when your round is ready."

"Fairy Transformation... hmm yes. Magical sunlight filled with energy. Well, Twilight Town is indeed a location where you should search for it, for as you can see, the sun's light here is very special! I've met others who were in search of the energy, in the past! Careful though, child! It is a very powerful source of energy and must be handled with great care!"

While they were talking, another battle has ended below them and the man announced the newest fighters: Yuuki and Lanife!

Merlin was a bit surprised to hear Yuuki's name, but wished her a good luck anyways. The wizard lowered the bubble and it burst quietly as they landed on the ground.

"I'll be watching from afar, Yuuki! Give it your best!" Merlin said, and quickly disappeared amongst the crowd.

"Thank you for all your tips and information. I'm glad that I got to know you, Merlin. I'll give my best!", I smilingly said.

As the bubble burst, I quickly went to the Arena. Someone named "Lanife" was my Enemy. I waited for my Enemy to appear.

"You can do this.", I thought. 

That was quick. Lanife thought to herself as she approached the arena and easily hopped onto the main arena floor. The crowds of people were already starting to come together in one unified circle as Lanife faced her opponent--the person called Yuuki. Lanife gave her a quick look over to get a feel for her opponent; a person, she could tell, that was definitely stronger than she looked, and had the mark of someone who knew exactly what they were doing.

Good, a challenge was always welcome. 

Silvia glanced around before putting her left palm right on her right bicep. Underneath her dark clothing a faint blue light glowed through the fabric, which intensified as Lanife slid her hand down, causing the glow to form all down her arm. She reached her hand, and a collection of blue particles made their way into existence before collecting into a black short-sword that rested nicely in the palm of her hand.

I was surprised about the fact that my opponent was a women. Actually, I was happy about that. She seemed very strong. I smiled at her.

I stretched my arm and formed a light orb over my head. As I formed a fist, the light orb transformed into my Keyblade. 

Since I could not transform because of the rules, I had to use my other Abilities.

"Let's do this!", I talked to her cheerfully. "May the best win, and give your best."

I waited for the Narrator to start our battle.

"Let's make this a clean battle girls," The announcer told them, "We shall begin on my mark! One....two...three! And the struggle tournament begins!"

Lanife was dashing forward in seconds. The moment the announcer had signaled for them to begin, Lanife was dashing forward. The light of the star on her blade glowed brightly as she went in to slash, stab, and cut at Yuuki. 

Her movements were quick and fierce, but she knew and expected heavy resistance.

I watched very closely. As she dashed towards me, I quickly shot a Magical Beam on the floor, which pushed me upwards. I dodged

and shot Blasts of Ice at my opponent. "This is gonna be fun!", I thought.

I quickly transformed my Keyblade into my bow by my magic. I shot arrows of Water at her. It was all a strategy; I wanted to know how fast she is.

Lanife backpedaled and turned straight around on her heel to take on the arrows and swat them out of the sky with her blade. It was increasingly difficult--the ice blasts were harder to cut through, and the arrows flew faster than the other attack. Still, for the most part, she kept the attacks at bay before holding her blade behind her. The star glowed even brighter now, and as her sword arm began to tremble, she swiped the air between her and Yuuki and unleashed a powerful swipe that cut through the air with a near-explosive sound. 

She's fast all on her own. Uses magic, like Silver. Similar style, too. Jumping around and switching weapons... Lanife thought to herself as she backed off to increase the distance between her and her opponent.

She is really strong and fast. She even cut through my Ice-Arrows!, I shockingly noticed.

The swipe was really powerful. Powerful enough to let me fall to the ground. I turned around before the impact and created a layer of snow right under

me, on which I then fell. I dashed towards her, and transformed the bow back to my Keyblade. First I slashed with my Keyblade and unleashed a Burst of Musical Sounds and notes, screaming "Reverberating Notes!"

I worked hard to learn this attack. It was millions of Musical Notes dashing towards her, which made a very loud sound. It sounded like a singing whale.

Lanife winced at the ear-bursting sound, and was thusly caught up in the barrage of physical music. Her sword burst into shards and vanished into piece as she called out a single word, one that managed to pierce above the crazed din: "Wolfe!"

Her hands went to both biceps and swiped outward, as a long and intimidating rifle appeared before her. As the million notes blasted her body, she took aim with the weapon, a low hum emitting from it that was masked by the sound of the music that hit her body.

"Burst strike," Lanife commanded, taking aim for Yuuki before letting her weapon charge and release a white-hot blast of plasma that cleared through the barrage of music.

"Magical Resonance!", I yelled. A shell of Musical Notes appeared, and I was inside of it.

Lanife's blast of plasma  was too strong, which let my Shield explode. I got pushed back.

I got a bit exhausted. Fastly, I yelled "Icicle lock!", which spawned a magical sphere of Ice, surrounding Lanife.

Then I charged my next Attack. "Dance of the Tides!"

This one spawned several waves of water. It was not the whole Spell, I had to wait a little bit.

She is... good.

Water and Ice? Lanife quickly pulled out her cartridge and pushed in a new one, whereas the "energy" cartridge with a silver color, this was a deep red. Lanife pulled back the bolt and pushed it forward, and promptly pulled the trigger. She had to be quick about this one; melting the ice was one thing, but making sure she survived this "tide" attack? That was a whole other issue.

Her gun blasted out an incredibly hot burst of fire, one that burst open a hole in the ice and and let quickly aim for Yuuki. She held the trigger down for longer, feeling her weapon vibrate as it built up its heat and energy. She released the trigger and the barrel shot out a thin red line of molten energy that exploded into a wave of flame once it left the still-cold partial sphere of ice.