Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Enix

Why didn't Sora ask Genie for help?

Sora had the power to summon Genie, so why didn't he asked for help? He could have wished that Ansem/Xemnas/Xehanort to vanish forever and ask the worlds to be saved from the darkness and wish that Roxas could exist again? Why the heck he didn't ask Genie for that?

Sora had the power to summon Genie, so why didn't he asked for help? He could have wished that Ansem/Xemnas/Xehanort to vanish forever and ask the worlds to be saved from the darkness and wish that Roxas could exist again? Why the heck he didn't ask Genie for that?

1. I don't think murder is allowed according to Genie's rules. Even if Ansem/Xemnas don't technically exist, it's still killing someone, so no.

2. I don't know about the worlds, maybe it's that they're consumed by darkness, so they're out of Genie's reach?

3. No bringing people back from the dead. Sure this is kind of iffy, but if you boil it down that's what this wish is.

Besides how the story would be wrapped up in ten minutes? I don't think Genie has the power to do something like that. He's either not strong enough to poof someone of Xehanort's strength out of existence, or, as others have mentioned, the full scope of his powers might be limited to his own world (but if you could get Xehanort to visit Agrabah, then...). Personally I think it's a similar case with Hades. He's god of the underworld, but the underworld is probably only limited to Olympus (maybe other worlds have their own concept of death? Oh wait, this is KH, no one dies in KH), so outside of his domain Hades might just be a normal, albeit powerful, deity. It could be a similar case with Genie, but I'm just gonna assume he isn't strong enough or isn't allowed to just wish Xehanort out of existence. It's more a matter of power balancing than anything else.

Well, if you're talking about post-KH1,(Because in KH1, Sora doesn't even know who Ansem is until the end of the game, so yeah, he wouldn't even know Xemnas or Xehanort at that time.)then remember that Genie was already freed, so he didn't have to fulfill Sora's wish if he didn't want to.  But, with Sora and him being very good friends, I'm sure he'd have fulfilled his wish.  But yeah, I don't think Genie can accomplish a wish that involves killing, because if that were the case, Jafar would've simply wished for Genie to murder Sora, Donald and Goofy, along with Aladdin, so that his plans wouldn't have been foiled, ya know?  Genie may be powerful, but it's just as members here have said.  It could just be that his power is limited to just Agrabah, ya know?  And besides, I don't think Ansem/Xemnas/Xehanort would be ridden of that easily!

Genie's magic is probably restricted to his own world and its inhabitants. Otherwise the story would be a lot shorter than it is.

Exactly. I think that's why his Summon time is limited just like Simba/Bambi/Mushu/Dumbo/etc. It's because his only way out of the world is connected to Sora's Keyblade. The only summon that sticks around without a summon limit is Tinker Bell in KHI, and that's because Sora actually took her with him. (at least until The End of the World)

Edited by Kaweebo