Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Seyin95

Are Destiny Islands and Twilight Town actually located in the same world?

Before people say the obvious that Twilight Town and Destiny Islands can't be located in the same world due to one being in the realm of light and the other in the realm inbetween, hear me out- whilst this is unlikely there is a possibility this might have some truth.

I'll split this Into 2 sections- firstly the worlds as a whole; secondly in terms of character relations and links to to symbolism.

1) let's start of with Destiny Islands- in a playable function we only play on what I will dub the ' small Island' where we have the mysterious cave etc. However that is not the only section of the island in fact we have a ' main island' where we know they have housing; an education system and a sort of governance hinted at when Kairi is said to be staying at the Mayor's house. Politics aside this is where things start to come into place, outside of the village area we see a mountain/volcano in the distance. Moving on to Twilight Town; again we only see a snip bit of the overall world and from the clock tower we see a huge viewpoint of the town ( including areas of the town we haven't seen; a vast woodland area) and the return of a mountain. Now here's the semi interesting part, if you observe the cutscenes where the mountain is visible from both Destiny Islands and Twilight Town you'll notice they are parallel to each other- meaning that if it is the same mountain then it would make sense it being the same due to how it is viewed from either world). Before people think this is a geography lesson bare with me a little bit longer please

2) Destiny Islands as people know is the home world of SRK and even Master Xehanort; I'm specifically focusing on Sora here in relation to the symbolism element. If you take Sora as the symbol of light and thus dub the islands as the 'light' then let's consider Twilight Town. The birthplace of Roxas and Sora's nobody, where there is light there is always a shadow cast so it makes sense for worlds follow suit. Back to the mountain ( sorry) if you understand the concept that the symbolism between the world's could relate to Sora's heart, then consider the Mountain to be Sora's heart ( well symbolically) in that case like Roxas resides on other side of Sora's heart, then Twilight Town resides on the other side of the Islands. Also you would then have a constant connection between Sora and the worlds he shares a connection with. In the case of Destiny Islands and the light ( Riku and Kairi) and in the case of twilight town ( Roxas; Xion and Namine).

Another add on is Sora's translation as ' Sky', now it might well be plausible that both worlds share the same ' sky' ( symbolic to Sora's heart) and instead of being separate worlds might be one of the same.

I believe this was discussed before, not sure where though. From what I remember, they can't be located in the same world because they are two different worlds. Your first paragraph practically made everything you said redundant. Like you said, Destiny Islands is located in the Realm of Light and Twilight Town in the Realm in between. These two reasons rule out this possibility. 

That actually sounds pretty cool. However please correct me if I'm wrong but one of the reason is called twilight town is because the time of day never changes. As in is always twilight. In destiny island however that doesn't seem to be the case. That's of course aside from the two worlds being in different realms

Not possible. Besides them being in separate realms, it's been shown that it's always sunset in Twilight town, whereas we've seen Destiny Islands during the day, at sunset and at night.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Not possible. Besides them being in separate reamls, it's been shown that it's always sunset in Twilight town, whereas we've seen Destiny islands during the day, at sunset and at night.

Precisely this. Nomura even said that Twilight Town is in the Realm of In-Between. We all know Destiny Islands is in the Realm of Light so they are not the same world.

Interesting; it could give more credence to Roxas' desire to get to the beach (paralleling Sora's desire to escape from the islands) but it would be a little undercutting for Sora's "escape" to just be a town across the ocean.

Too much geography, in other words =P. I know "everything is connected", but still.

This is actually very interesting...and very familiar!  I could've sworn I read this sometime before! :O  But anyways, in terms of the topic at hand, when you explain things like that, it could make sense for Twilight Town to be the shadow cast by Destiny Islands, and that they could indeed be parallel to each other!  In fact, before the worlds were divided, they all used to be united...so odds are that maybe Destiny Islands and Twilight Town were neighboring locales!  So yeah, it's not too far-fetched!

If we are to know anything about this, it'll probably be in Kingdom Hearts III!  Or then again, we might never know! :O